RBI Assistant 2018 Selection Process
RBI assistant 2018 selection process along with scheme of examination is explained in this piece of writing. This post is especially for those who want to appear in upcoming RBI Assistant 2018 exam. It is sure that by doing preparation properly as per the plan explained below, you can become an assistant in Reserve Bank of India.
Assistant in RBI is one of the most attractive job options in India due to several reasons like government pay scale, experience of working in a reputed Bank etc. That’s why every year thousands of aspirants take part in RBI assistant exam. To shortlist eligible candidates, RBI has outlined strict guidelines and follows a selection process having several stages of examination.
Overview of RBI Assistant 2018 Selection Process
RBI assistant examination will be held in 3 stages.
- Preliminary examination
- Main examination
- Language proficiency test aka LPT
Detailed Explanation Of RBI Assistant 2018 Selection Process
Stage 1 Preliminary Examination
- All the applicants who will apply for RBI assistant 2018 exam will be called for a preliminary examination
- It will be an online objective test having 100 MCQs distributed in three sections named as- English language, Numerical ability & Reasoning ability
- Preliminary exam will be for 100 marks which means each MCQs will be of 1 mark
- In each section, there will be 35 MCQs except English language (it will have 30 MCQs)
- Examinees will get 60 minutes to solve all MCQs given in all three sections
- MCQs will be given in both English and Hindi languages except for questions in English language section
- 0.25 marks will be subtracted for each wrong answer
- To appear in main examination, qualifying preliminary examination will be compulsory
Exam Centres Of Preliminary Exam
It is likely to be held in Nov 2018 at several examination centres located in various cities like Dhanbad, Bokaro, Samba, Jammu, Una, Solan, Sirmaur, Alwar, Ajmer, Bikaner, Jaipur, Udaipur, Sikar, Kota, Patiala, Mohali, Greater Noida, Faridabad, Satara, Nasik, Pune, Raipur, Bilaspur, Patna, Dhule, Gaya, Varanasi, Moradabad, Lucknow, Tezpur, Bhopal, Agra, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kannur, Tirupati, Hubli, Chennai, Salem, Kanpur, Indore, Gwalior, Hamirpur, Baddi, Mandi, Sonipat, Hissar, Amritsar, Rourkela, Surat, Rajkot, Ambala, Anand, Panaji etc.
Section-Wise RBI Assistant 2018 Syllabus For Prelims
|Name of the section||Syllabus / topics|
|English language||Antonyms / synonyms, reading comprehension, Active & passive voice, fill in the blanks, miscellaneous, phrases, error spotting / multiple meaning, one word substitution, para jumbles, paragraph completion, cloze test etc.|
|Numerical ability||Simplification, permutation, mixtures & alligations, percentage, sequence & series, profit & loss, data interpretation, work & time, combination & probability, simple interest & compound interest & surds & indices, number systems, work & time, ratio & proportion, mensuration – cylinder, cone, sphere etc.|
|Reasoning ability||Alphanumeric series, logical reasoning, syllogism, data sufficiency, coding / decoding, input / output, tabulation, coded inequalities, ranking / direction / alphabet test, blood relations problems, symbols problem, statement reading & understanding, seating arrangement etc.|
Stage 2 Main Examination
- Candidates qualified in preliminary exam will be shortlist and called for main examination
- It will be also an online objective test having 200 MCQs distributed in five sections named as Reasoning, English Language, Numerical Ability, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge
- Each section will have equal number of MCQs i.e. 40 and each MCQ will be of 1 mark
- Total no. of MCQs will be 200 of 200 marks
- Negative marking will be applicable. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer
- It will be held at limited examination centres only. Names of examination centres / cities will be disclosed by Bank after announcing prelims results
- There will be sectional time duration which is given in below table
Section-wise RBI Assistant 2018 Syllabus For Mains
|Name of the section||Duration (in minutes)||Syllabus / topics|
|Computer Knowledge||20||Computer fundamentals / terminologies, Microsoft office, computer abbreviation, keyboard shortcuts, operating system, computer hardware, networking, internet etc.|
|Reasoning||30||Logical reasoning, syllogism, tabulation, coded inequalities, coding / decoding, input / output, alphanumeric series, blood relations problems, ranking / direction / alphabet test, data sufficiency, seating arrangement etc.|
|Numerical Ability||30||Pipe & cisterns, ratio & proportion, boats & streams, problem on Ages, partnership, quadratic equation, time & distance, profit & loss, data sufficiency, time & work, average, data interpretation, simplification / approximation, number series etc.|
|English Language||30||Reading comprehension, vocabulary, fill in the blanks, sentence improvement, word association, cloze test, para-jumbles, error spotting, grammar, verbal ability etc.|
|General Awareness||25||National / International current affairs, financial awareness, banking & financial awareness, general knowledge, static awareness etc.|
Stage 3 Language Proficiency Test aka LPT
After conducting Stage 2 main examination, RBI will provisionally shortlist candidates and call them to undergo a LPT. It will be held in the local language of the state from where applicant has applied. Therefore, it is recommended that candidate should be proficient in the local / official language, otherwise they will be disqualified. For more details, please visit the official website of RBI.
How Final Selection Would Take Place…?
After going through all the stages of examination, candidate will be eligible for final selection. As per available information, the Bank will call candidates for final selection on the basis of their performance in online main examination, biometric verification & LPT.
RBI Assistant 2018 Quick look
|Name of the event||RBI Assistant 2018 exam|
|Organized and controlled by||Reserve Bank of India|
|Purpose||To recruit eligible candidates on the post of Assistant|
|Notification will be available in||October 2018|
|Opening & closing dates of online registration||To be notified soon|
|Last date for payment of fees||-|
|RBI Assistant Preliminary exam||Nov 2018|
|RBI Assistant Main exam||Dec 2018|
|Language Proficiency Test (LPT)||-|
|RBI’s official website||www.rbi.org.in|
We wish you Best of Luck for Reserve Bank of India Assistant 2018