RBI Assistant 2021 Selection Process : RBI Assistant 2021 syllabus, selection process and exam pattern is explained here. Candidates must keep the RBI Assistant 2021 syllabus with them while preparing for the exam. To shortlist eligible candidates, RBI has outlined a selection process having three stages of examination.
RBI Assistant is one of the most attractive job options due to several reasons like Payscale, job security, the reputation of being an employee of Central Bank, etc.
- RBI Assistant Exam will be held in 3 stages, Prelim, Main, and Language Proficiency Test.
- RBI Assistant Syllabus of Prelim and Main exam will have various sections and the candidates must prepare each section to score combined aggregate marks to qualify in the exam.
- RBI Assistant Selection Process will be based on merit in the online Main exam subject to qualifying in Prelim, LPT, certificate Verification, and Biometric verification.
- RBI Assistant Notification will be released on 23 December 2021 and the Prelim exam will be held on 14, 15,20 Feb 2022 and the Main exam will be held in March 2022.
RBI Assistant 2021 Quick look
|Name of the event||RBI Assistant 2021 exam|
|Organized and controlled by||Reserve Bank of India|
|Purpose||To recruit eligible candidates on the post of Assistant|
|Notification||23 Dec 2021|
|Opening & closing dates of online registration||23 Dec 2021 - 16 Jan 2022|
|Last date for payment of fees||16 Jan 2022|
|RBI Assistant Preliminary exam||14,15,20 Feb 2022|
|RBI Assistant Main exam||March 2022|
|Language Proficiency Test (LPT)||To be notified|
|RBI’s official website||www.rbi.org.in|
RBI Assistant 2021 Exam Pattern
RBI Assistant examination will be held in 3 stages.
- Stage 1: Preliminary examination
- Stage 2: Main examination
- Stage 3: Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
Stage 1 Preliminary Examination
- All the applicants who will apply for the RBI assistant 2021 exam will be called for a preliminary examination
- It will be an online objective test having 100 MCQs distributed in three sections – English language, Numerical ability & Reasoning ability
- The preliminary exam will be for 100 marks and each MCQs will be of 1 mark
- In each section, there will be 35 MCQs except the English language which will have 30 MCQs
- Candidates will get 20 minutes to solve each section of MCQs and the total time duration is 60 minutes
- MCQs will be given in both English and Hindi languages except for questions in the English language section
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
- To appear in the main examination, qualifying preliminary examination will be compulsory.
|Name of Section||No of Questions||Max. Marks||Time Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
Stage 2 Main Examination
- Candidates qualified in the preliminary exam will be shortlisted and called for the main examination
- It will be also an online objective test having 200 MCQs distributed in five sections – Reasoning, English Language, Numerical Ability, General Awareness, and Computer Knowledge
- Each section will have an equal number of MCQs i.e. 40 and each MCQ will be of 1 mark
- The total no. of MCQs will be 200 of 200 marks
- The total time duration of the exam is 135 min, dividing 30 min each for sections of Reasoning, English Language, Numerical Ability, and 25 min for General Awareness, and 20 min for Computer Knowledge.
- Negative marking will be applicable. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer
- It will be held at limited examination centers only.
|Section Name||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Time|
|English Language||40||40||30 min|
|Numerical Ability||40||40||30 min|
|General Awareness||40||40||25 min|
|Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 min|
Stage 3 Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
After conducting Stage 2 main examination, RBI will provisionally shortlist candidates and call them to undergo an LPT. It will be held in the local language of the state from where the applicant has applied. Therefore, it is recommended that candidates should be proficient in the local/official language, otherwise they will be disqualified. Region-wise LPT test language is given below.
- Mumbai – Marathi / Konkani
- Ahmedabad – Gujarati
- Bhopal – Hindi
- Thiruvananthapuram – Malayalam
- Bhubaneswar – Oriya
- Chandigarh – Punjabi / Hindi
- Kanpur & Lucknow – Hindi
- New Delhi – Hindi
- Jaipur – Hindi
- Kolkata – Bengali / Nepali
- Guwahati – Assamese / Manipuri / Bodo / Mizo/ Bengali / Khasi
- Chennai – Tamil
- Bengaluru – Kannada
- Jammu – Urdu / Hindi / Kashmiri
- Nagpur – Marathi / Hindi
- Hyderabad – Telugu
- Patna – Hindi / Maithili
RBI Assistant Syllabus 2021
RBI Assistant Syllabus is given below.
Section-Wise RBI Assistant 2021 Syllabus For Prelims
RBI Assistant Prelim exam section-wise syllabus is given below.
|Name of the section||Syllabus / topics|
|English language||Antonyms / synonyms, reading comprehension, Active & passive voice, fill in the blanks, miscellaneous, phrases, error spotting / multiple meaning, one word substitution, para jumbles, paragraph completion, cloze test etc.|
|Numerical ability||Simplification, permutation, mixtures & alligations, percentage, sequence & series, profit & loss, data interpretation, work & time, combination & probability, simple interest & compound interest & surds & indices, number systems, work & time, ratio & proportion, mensuration – cylinder, cone, sphere etc.|
|Reasoning ability||Alphanumeric series, logical reasoning, syllogism, data sufficiency, coding / decoding, input / output, tabulation, coded inequalities, ranking / direction / alphabet test, blood relations problems, symbols problem, statement reading & understanding, seating arrangement etc.|
Section-wise RBI Assistant 2021 Syllabus For Mains
RBI Assistant Main exam section-wise syllabus is given below.
|Name of the section||Syllabus / topics|
|Computer Knowledge||Computer fundamentals / terminologies, Microsoft office, computer abbreviation, keyboard shortcuts, operating system, computer hardware, networking, internet etc.|
|Reasoning||Logical reasoning, syllogism, tabulation, coded inequalities, coding / decoding, input / output, alphanumeric series, blood relations problems, ranking / direction / alphabet test, data sufficiency, seating arrangement etc.|
|Numerical Ability||Pipe & cisterns, ratio & proportion, boats & streams, problem on Ages, partnership, quadratic equation, time & distance, profit & loss, data sufficiency, time & work, average, data interpretation, simplification / approximation, number series etc.|
|English Language||Reading comprehension, vocabulary, fill in the blanks, sentence improvement, word association, cloze test, para-jumbles, error spotting, grammar, verbal ability etc.|
|General Awareness||National / International current affairs, financial awareness, banking & financial awareness, general knowledge, static awareness etc.|
RBI Assistant Selection Process
- Candidates will be called to appear in the RBI Assistant Prelim exam, which is screening and qualifying in nature.
- Candidates clearing the Prelim exam will be called for RBI Assistant Main exam.
- Candidates securing the highest aggregate marks in the Main exam have to submit documents at the regional office within 15 days and they will be called for LPT.
- LPT is mandatory, candidates qualifying in language proficiency will be considered for final appointment after Medical, verification of documents, and Biometric verification.
- Final selection will be on the basis of their performance in the online main examination alone and biometric verification & LPT is qualifying.
RBI Assistant Exam Date
RBIAssistant Prelim exam 2021 will be held on 14, 15, 20 Feb 2022 and the Main exam will be held in March 2022.
RBI Assistant Exam FAQs
Q. What Are The Selection Criteria Of The RBI Assistant?
A. RBI Assistant selection will have 3 stages, Prelim, Main, and LPT. Selection will be based on the performance in Online Main exam only subject to qualifying in Prelim, LPT and verification of Certificates and Biometric Capturing.
Q. Is LPT Mandatory and Will Be Conducted In Which Language/s?
A. LPT is mandatory for RBI Assistant posts that test local language proficiency. LPT will be conducted in Region-wise state languages and is qualifying in nature.
Q. Is There Negative Marking In The RBI Assistant Exam?
A. RBI Assistant Prelim and Main exam will have a negative marking of 1/4th marks or 0.25 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.