RRB Group D 2021 [Level 1 Posts of 7th CPC Pay Matrix] Recruitment : Apply Online for 1,03,769 Vacancy, Exam Date : Railway Recruitment Board invites applications from eligible candidates for the recruitment to various posts in level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix through RRB Group D exam. Candidates can check the Railway Group D centralised employment notification to be released in June 2021 and apply online process will commence in June 2021 and last till July 2021.
The final selection for posts in Level – 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix will be based on a computer-based test, physical efficiency tests, document verification and medical examination. RRB Group D CBT will have questions from General Awareness, General Science, General Intelligence & Reasoning and Mathematics.
Railway Group D Computer Based Test will be conducted for a duration of 90 minutes. Check this article to find further details on Railway Group D exam like Railway Group D notification release date, eligibility criteria, no. of RRB Group D vacancy, application form, fee & mode of payment, admit card, exam pattern, selection process, result, cutoff etc.
- Important Dates
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Exam Pattern
- Selection Process
- Admit Card
- Cut Off
Railway Group D 2019 Updates
RRB Group D 2019 Exam dates have been announced by the Railway Recruitment Board. CBT Stage I exam will be held between April – June 2021.
Railway Group D Important Dates
RRC Level 1 Posts of 7th CPC important dates are given below.
|Date of release of indicative notice||June 2021|
|Date of release of detailed notification||June 2021|
|Starting date for registration online||June 2021 at 17.00 hrs|
|Closing of online registration of Applications||July 2021 @ 23:59 hrs|
|Last date for payment of fee through online||July 2021 @ 23:59 hrs|
|Last date for payment of fee through SBI / Post Office Challan||July 2021 @ 13:00 hrs|
|Final submission of Applications||July 2021 @ 23:59 hrs|
|Computer Based test||Oct 2021 (tentative)|
Candidates can visit the website of regional RRB’s to which they wish to apply. Railway Group D recruitment 2021 is conducted by 16 RRBs. The names of the participating RRBs with their website addresses are as follows.
Sl. no. Name of RRB Website Address 1 Secunderabad Click Here 2 Ranchi Click Here 3 Chandigarh Click Here 4 Bilaspur Click Here 5 Patna Click Here 6 Bhuwneshwar Click Here 7 Mumbai Click Here 8 Bhopal Click Here 9 Kolkata Click Here 10 Bangalore Click Here 11 Guwahati Click Here 12 Allahabad Click Here 13 Gorakhpur Click Here 14 Ajmer Click Here 15 Chennai Click Here 16 Ahmedabad Click Here
Railway Group D Notification 2021
RRB Group D Centralised Employment notice will be released in June 2021. Railway Various posts in level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix detailed notification 2021 will be released in June 2021. For more details, candidates can visit the website of the appropriate branch of Railway Recruitment Board which they wish to apply.
For instance, it can be Chennai, Bhopal, Bangalore, etc. They can visit the appropriate website of RRB from the main website of the Indian Railways. A link to view, read or download Railway Group D notification 2021 is given below.
Railway Group D Vacancy 2021
A total number of RRB Group D vacancy is 1,03,769 of different level-1 posts in 7th pay matrix such as Track Maintainer Grade IV, Assistant Pointsman, Assistant Bridge etc. However, this number of vacancies is provisional and may decrease or increase at any stage of the selection process. Below is the detailed list of RRB wise vacancies under Level 1 posts in 7th pay matrix.
|East Central Railway||3563|
|West Central Railway||4019|
|East Coast Railway||2555|
|Southern Railway and ICF||9579|
|Eastern Railway, CLW & Metro||10873|
|South Western Railway and RWF||7167|
|North Central Railway and DLW||4730|
|South Western Railway and RWF||7167|
|North Eastern Railway, MCF and RDSO||4002|
|South Eastern Railway||4914|
|South Central Railway||9328|
|South East Central Railway||1664|
|Northern Railway, DMW and RCF||13153|
|Northeast Frontier Railway||2894|
Note – Post wise vacancy is given in Annexure B in Railway Group D notification 2021
Name of various Posts in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix
|ASSISTANT TRACK MACHINE|
|ASSISTANT WORKS (WORKSHOP)||C1|
|TRACK MAINTAINER GRADE IV||B1|
|ASSISTANT TL & AC (WORKSHOP)||C1|
|ASSISTANT TL & AC||B1|
|ASSISTANT LOCO SHED (ELECTRICAL)|
|ASSISTANT OPERATIONS (ELECTRICAL)||B2|
|ASSISTANT LOCO SHED (DIESEL)||B1|
|ASSISTANT DEPOT (STORES)||STORES||C1|
|ASSISTANT SIGNAL & TELECOM||S and T||B1|
Railway Group D Eligibility 2021
RRB Group D Various Posts in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix eligibility details are mentioned here. candidates must ensure their eligibility before applying online for the Railway Group D posts.
- Indian nationals, Nepal and Bhutan nationals can apply.
- Even, candidates, who are refugees from Tibet and have come across to India before the 1st of January 1962 to settle in India permanently, can apply.
- Candidates of Indian origin, who have moved from countries like Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries like United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam for permanent settlement in India can apply.
Nevertheless, candidates falling under other categories, other than those who are actually Indian citizens will have to ensure their eligibility by getting a certificate to this effect from the Government of India.
The age of applicants as on the 1st of July 2021 should be between 18 and 33 years. For complete details about the relaxation applicable for reserved category, check below.
|Category/ Community||Age Relaxation/ Upper Age Limit (In years)|
|Ex-Servicemen||Extent of service +3 yrs|
|J&K Domiciled between 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5|
|Group C and erstwhile Group D employees with minimum 3 yrs of service||UR - 40|
OBC - 43
SC/ST - 45
|Railway Quasi-Administrative offices employees||Upto the length of service or 5 yrs, whichever is lower|
|Women candidates widowed and not married||UR - 35|
OBC - 38
SC/ST - 40
|Course completed act apprentice with ITI/ Course completed act apprenticeship||Extent of Training|
|Course completed act apprenticeship commenced before age of 25 years||UR - 35|
OBC - 38
SC/ST - 40
As far as educational eligibility is concerned, the applications should have technical or educational qualification as indicated against the notified positions as on the closing date of the submission of the online application. Candidates who are applying for any Post in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix must have passed class 10th examinations OR ITI from SCVT / NCVT (or) equivalent OR have NAC (National Apprenticeship Certificate) granted by NCVT.
Candidates waiting for the final-year results for their technical or prescribed educational qualification should not apply.
Candidates applying for any post in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix must be physically fit so that they can perform all the duties related to the post(s) opted by them. For more details on medical standards for the posts, go through RRB Group D 2021 notification.
Railway Group D Application Form 2021
Candidates have no other option other than applying online for a Post in RRB Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix. They will have to make sure that they submit the application form with fees before the last date. The closing date of online registration of applications is July 2021 at 23.59 hrs and the last date for payment of application fee through challan of SBI Bank / Post Office is July 2021 at 13.00 hrs. However, the last date for payment of application through online using UPI / Debit card / Credit card / Net banking is July 2021 at 23.59 hrs.
- Before you start applying, you should go through the detailed notification available on the websites of RRB(s).
- You should ensure that you meet the eligibility requirement before applying for any position in all respects.
- Before you can apply, you should first register yourself with the website of the RRB.
- The first step in the registration process is to select the RRB for which a candidate wishes to apply. Here, they are recommended to remember that the RRB once selected cannot be changed after the completion of the online registration process.
- Candidates will have to confirm that they have read and understood the instructions clearly before they can proceed with the application submission by clicking on a checkbox.
RRB Group D : How To Apply Online?
- Visit the concerned RRB website
- Search for section or link ‘CEN No. RRC-01/2021’
- Under the same section or link, find and click on the tab ‘Click here – Online Registration’
- Check all the important dates then click on the tab ‘New Registration’
- Select your ‘Community’, the status of ‘Ex-servicemen’ etc. to check Posts Availability; after going through positions/vacancies available as per your eligibility click on the tab ‘Apply’; if you want to skip this step then check the mark available against the statement ‘I do not want to search vacancies. I confirm that I have gone through the vacancy table. I want to apply directly’ and click on the tab ‘Apply’
- Select Railway to which you want to apply for
- Confirm selected Railway
- Read Instructions and click on the button given next to ‘I accept that I have Gone through Instructions’
- Click on tab ‘Submit’
- Enter the details in your online registration like your name, date of birth, age, Aadhaar number, father name and mother name
- Select your minimum educational qualification then select board and year of passing
- Enter your mobile number and email ID
- Enter the security code as shown in the given box
- Read and accept the declaration
- Then click on tab ‘Submit’
- Confirm your registration details
- You will get a registration ID and password
- On the next page, you have to enter and submit the OTPs received on your registered email ID and mobile number
- Now your email ID and mobile number is validated; meanwhile, you will be logged into your newly created account
- Find and click on ‘Apply / Edit’ tab
- Enter the details of your essential qualification
- Select your ‘Nationality’, ‘Community’, ‘Gender’, ‘Religion’ etc.
- Enter security code then click on the tab ‘Submit’
- A list having posts/vacancies as per your eligibility will open up
- Now enter the priority of posts in the order of your preference
- Enter security code then hit the pointer on tab ‘Submit’
- Once again, click on the tab ‘Confirm’
- Now, proceed further to make payment
- After paying the application fee successfully, fill up the additional details in your Railway Group D online application
- Enter the complete details of your educational qualification then provide your choice of exam language
- Enter the details of your any valid photo ID
- Select the rest details then enter your bank account details for the refund
- Now, upload digital copies of your photo and signature; candidates belonging to SC / ST category will have to upload their SC / ST certificate as well if they want to avail free rail travel facility
- Confirm and submit all the details
- After final submission of your application, take a print out of it and keep it safe for future reference
Railway Group D Fee & Mode of Payment
Railway Group D Various Posts in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix application fee for the General Category candidates is Rs.500. However, they will get back Rs.400 in return when they attend the computer-based test. In the same way, the reserved category candidates will have to pay Rs.250 and this entire amount will be repaid to them if they appear the computer-based test.
The fee can be paid either in online mode or offline using SBI Challan or Post Office Challan. But, candidates paying through offline mode should know the last date for paying through this mode and complete the payment process accordingly. The refund will be made to the candidates after deducting the appropriate bank charges.
Before they start applying for RRB Various Posts in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix Recruitment, candidates should have their scanned copy of their photograph. Also, reserved category candidates should have the copy of their category certificate as per the specification notified by the RRB. Also, physically challenged candidates using scribe should also have the photo of the scribe ready when applying.
|Documents needed to upload by candidates in their RRB Group D online application|
|Photograph||Should be a latest color PP sized photo and taken against white or any light color background on or after 01 Jan 2021|
|Size- 35 mm x 45 mm OR 320 x 240 pixels|
|Format- JPG / JPEG with 100 DPI resolution|
|File size – should be between 20-50 kb|
|Signature||Must be taken in running hand on a white paper using black ink pen within a box of size 50mm x 20mm|
|Size- 50 mm x 20 mm OR 140 x 60 pixels|
|Format- JPG / JPEG with 100 DPI resolution|
|File size – should be between 10-40 kb|
|SC / ST certificate (only for those SC / ST candidates who want to avail free rail travel facility)||Format- JPG / JPEG with 100 DPI resolution|
|File size – should be between 50-100 kb|
|Scribe Photo (wherever applicable)||Should be a latest color PP sized photo and taken against white or any light color background on or after 01 Jan 2021|
|Size- 35 mm x 45 mm OR 320 x 240 pixels|
|Format- JPG / JPEG with 100 DPI resolution|
|File size – should be between 20-50 kb|
RRB Group D Exam Pattern 2021
RRB Level 1 Posts of 7th CPC exam pattern consist of 3 stages.
- Computer Based Test (CBT )
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification (DV)
- Medical Examination
Stage 1 Computer Based Test
- Computer Based Test exam pattern consists of Objective Type Questions.
- The CBT will be conducted for 100 marks for a duration of 90 minutes (120 min for PwBD candidates).
- The questions will be from Mathematics, General Awareness & Current Affairs, General Science, General Intelligence and Reasoning.
- CBT will have 100 MCQs, each of 1 mark. 1/3 marks shall be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Minimum qualifying marks in CBT for UR & EWS will be 40% and 30% for SC / ST & OBC-NCL.
Railway Group D Syllabus 2021 for CBT
RRC Group D syllabus for the various positions in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix is given below.
- Pipes & Cistern
- Calendar & Clock
- Age Calculations
- Square Root
- Elementary Statistics
- Geometry & Trigonometry
- Profit & loss
- Simple and compound interest
- Time and distance
- Time and work
- Ratio & Proportion
- Number System
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Statement – Arguments & Assumptions
- Analytical Reasoning
- Similarities and Differences
- Conclusions and Decision making
- Data Interpretation & Sufficiency
- Venn Diagram
- Mathematical Operations
- Coding and Decoding
- Number and Alphabetical Series
Physics, chemistry and life sciences of class X standard
- Current affairs
- Science & Technology
Stage 2 Physical Efficiency Tests
Candidates who qualify in the CBT will be called to appear for Physical Efficiency Tests. It will be mandatory and qualifying in nature. To qualify a PET, candidates will have to pass the following tests.
|Tests||Female candidates||Male candidates|
|Running a distance of 1000 metres in||5 min 40 seconds||4 min 15 seconds|
|Lift and carry weight for a distance of 100 metres in 120 seconds in 1 chance without keeping weight down||20 kg||35 kg|
Note – PwBD is exempted from appearing for PET. But they will have to undergo a medical examination.
Stage 3 Document Verification
Candidates who qualify PET will have to go through a document verification round.
Stage 4 Medical Examination
Before the final appointment of candidates on posts in Level – 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix, they will have to undergo a medical examination to be held by the Railway Administration. For the appointment of candidates on posts in Level – 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix, they must be physically fit in all aspects.
RRB Group D Selection Process
Candidates interested in applying for RRB Group D various positions in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix recruitment should know the selection process. They will have to submit only a single application for any one of the notified positions. The recruitment process will include a computer-based test, physical efficiency test, document verification and medical examination.
The venue, time and date of all these tests will be decided by the Railway Recruitment Board and the same will be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course. The selection process will be based on merit secured in the Computer Based Test and subject to qualifying in PET (physical efficiency test) and clearing the document verification and medical examination.
Railway Group D 2021 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket
The RRC e-call letter for various positions in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix will be made available around 10 days before the test (CBT/ PET/ DV). Candidates, who have applied successfully will be notified about the availability of the hall ticket/ admit card to their registered Email and their phone via SMS. Candidates should carry the e-call letter along with a valid photo ID to the test centre.
How To Download e-Call Letter?
- Candidates will have to visit the appropriate RRB Website.
- On the website, they will have to look for the link to E-call letter for the 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix
- They will be prompted to enter their User ID, which is their registration number and password, which is their DOB.
- Also, they will have to enter the CAPTCHA shown before they click on the submit or login button.
- Once they get into the page, they will find their e-call letter. They can download it and will have to print and carry it to the test centre.
- Separate e call letter will be issued for the scribe
- The e-call letter should be downloaded online and it will not be sent by post
- One colour photograph should be carried to the exam (CBT/ PET/ DV) of size 35cm x 45cm same as uploaded in the application
- Valid photo ID in original must be brought to the exam hall along with e call letter.
Valid Photo ID:
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card/ Printout of e-Aadhaar
- Voter Card
- PAN card,
- Employer issued Identity Card ( in case the candidate is a Govt. Employee )
- College / School / University Photo ID card etc.
- Candidates should sign and write self-declaration (not in capital letters) in front of invigilator only in the exam hall along with Left thumb impression in the space provided in the hall ticket.
- SC/ST candidates who have uploaded SC/ST Certificate to avail Free Travel Authority (Railway Sleeper class pass) will have Free Travel Pass attached with the e-call letter. They can book the ticket by uploading e call letter and SC/ST certificate. In the journey, they should carry the original SC/ST certificate along with one Photo Identity Proof.
Railway Group D Result 2021
RRC Group D various positions in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix result for the CBT will be released on the official website of RRB. Candidates will also be notified about the availability of their results via SMS and Email. Candidates are recommended to regularly visit the website of the appropriate RRB after the written test to know the results. The final result will also be released on the official website.
How To Check RRB Group D Result?
- Visit the Concerned RRB website
- Click on the link ‘CBT Result/ Final Result of CEN.01/2021 various positions in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix’
- Download the Pdf and check the roll number
- To check marks click on ‘Normalized score and Shortlisting status for PET’ link
- Enter registration details to check the score and shortlisting status
- Take a printout for further reference
RRB Group D Cut Off
The minimum qualifying mark for UR candidate is 40%, while for OBC, SC and ST, it is 30%. There can be a lessening of 2% on these percentages, if, there is a shortage in the number of PWD Candidates for the vacancies that were earmarked for them.
How To Check Cut Off?
- Visit the respective RRB website
- Find CBT result of various positions in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix
- Find and click on ‘Cut Off’
- Download pdf and check the cut-off
Candidates shortlisted for the round of railway Document Verification must bring all the documents in original along with 2 sets of Photo Copies. Along with that, they have to upload the documents on rrbdv.in portal prior to the date of DV. All the documents should be in English/ Hindi only. If documents are in any other language self-attested translated copies should be produced. The documents are to be in the prescribed format only. The following documents are to be produced during DV.
- 10th Class/ Matriculation Certificate (For Age Proof and Matriculation Qualification)
- SCVT/ NCVT Certificate
- SC/ ST Certificate
- OBC Certificate
- Declaration of Non-Creamy Layer by OBC Candidates
- EWS Income Certificate
- Ex-Servicemen Discharge Certificate in Original
- Photocopy of Aadhaar Card (Both Sides)
- PwD Candidates Medical Certificate
- J&K Domicile certificate
- NOC from an employer with Date of Appointment
- NOC from Serving Defence Personnel with an expected discharge date
- Transgender Candidates Self Declaration
- Legal document/ Gazette notification in case of the name change
- Minority community declaration on non-judicial stamp paper
- Decree of divorce and Affidavit that stating not remarried
- Death certificate of spouse in case of Widow and Affidavit that stating not remarried
- Acknowledgment copy along with NOC from a civil employer in case of Ex-Servicemen
Railway Group D Salary
Candidates hired through RRB Group D various positions in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix recruitment will get Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix with initial pay of Rs.18000 in addition to other grants as permissible at that time.
Railway Group D FAQs
Q. What is the total number of posts in RRB Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay matrix?
A. 103769 are the total vacancies under RRB Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay matrix.
Q. Which are the posts to be filled through Railway Group D 2021?
A. Posts in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay matrix such as Assistant Pointsman, Assistant Bridge, Track maintainer Grade IV etc..
Q. What is the upper age limit for general candidates?
A. Age limit for general candidates is 18 to 33 years OR they must have born between 01 July 1988 to 01 July 2003.
Q. I do not have 10th class original mark sheet. Can I attend DV?
A. You must produce 10th class mark sheet in original along with other prescribed documents during document verification, otherwise, your candidature will be cancelled.
Q. Is carrying Valid ID and Photography necessary along with the e-call letter?
A. It is mandatory to carry e-call letter along with the photograph uploaded in the application form and valid ID such as Driving License, Aadhaar, PAN, Passport, College/ University photo ID etc.
Q. Do I need a separate call letter for PET?
A. Each stage will have a separate e-call letter/ admit card. So candidates need to download and carry an e-call letter for Physical Efficiency Test as well.