RRB JE 2020 Registration [Apply Online, Application Form] : RRB JE 2020 apply online process will begin on the respective websites of Railway Recruitment Board. The notification release for the Railway Recruitment Board Junior Engineer Recruitment will happen in coming months. The registration date on the appropriate zonal websites of the RRB will start soon after notification release and will close after 30 days.
RRB JE written exam will be conducted as a computer-based test tentatively three months after notification. Candidates can get to know the exact date of the computer-based test once the notification is released by the Railway Recruitment Board.
RRB JE 2020 Important Dates
For the candidates interested in applying for the RRB JE Recruitment, here are some dates to remember:
|S. No.||Description||Important Dates|
|1||Notification Release||To be notified|
|2||Online Registration of Application starting date||To be notified|
|3||Closing Date to register online||To be notified|
|4||Online Fee Payment (Net Banking/Credit/Debit Card/UPI)||To be notified|
|5||Fee Payment using Post Office Challan/ SBI Bank Challan||To be notified|
|6||Last date for submission of Applications||To be notified|
|7||Release of Admit Cards||To be notified|
|8||Computer-Based Test Date||To be notified|
|9||Date of Release of Result for computer-based test||To be known after the test|
|10||Document Verification||To be notified after result announcement|
|11||Medical Examination||Date to be known after the announcement of the result|
RRB JE 2020 Eligibility
As on the 1st of January 2020, RRB requires that the applicants must be between the age group of 18 and 33 years to apply for the JE position. The board has also stated that complete details about the relaxation of upper age limit for some category of candidates can be obtained by candidates from the detailed Centralized Employment Notification (CEN) that will be available on the official websites of appropriate zonal offices of RRB on the 29th of December 2020.
Educational Qualification Requirement
As the RRB JE Recruitment is going to be conducted by RRB for different positions like Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant, Depot Material Superintendent, Junior Engineer and Junior Engineer (Information Technology), the educational qualification required to be fulfilled by applicants differ based on the position to which they plan to apply. Accordingly, here are the educational qualification requirements for these four positions:
- Junior Engineer – Degree or diploma in engineering in the appropriate discipline that will be notified on the official website of RRB.
- Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant – UG Degree in Science with chemistry and physics with at least 45% of marks.
- Junior Engineer (Information Technology) – Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications/Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Bachelor of Computer Applications/B. Tech in IT/Computer Science/DOEACC B Level Course of three-year duration or a similar course from a recognized board/university/institute.
- Depot Material Superintendent – Diploma/Degree in the appropriate branch of engineering.
Candidates are recommended to make sure that they meet the specified eligibility requirements before they apply for any of the above-mentioned position.
RRB JE Application Form 2020
The application form will be available along with notification in August 2020. The application process will begin from the August 2020 and will be open until the September 2020. Candidates are recommended to apply online from the appropriate zonal website based on the area to which they belong.
For instance, applicants from Ahmedabad will have to apply from the Ahmedabad website of RRB at www.rrbahmedabad.gov.in. In the same way, there are totally 22 websites of RRB for candidates to apply for the RRB JE. The process to apply is given below:
RRB JE 2020 : How To Apply Online?
- Candidates will have to visit the appropriate zonal website and the first step of the application process is registration, followed by login and submission of basic details and then comes the payment of examination fee and finally, candidates will have to upload the recent photograph and signature before they finally submit the application.
- As the first step, candidates will have to fill up their basic details like their name, phone number, email Id, DOB, PWD/Ex-Servicemen details. Upon submission of these details, candidates will get the login credentials along with the activation link to the Email ID they give at the time of Registration.
- Then, candidates will have to log in using the registration details delivered to their Email.
- Once, they log in, they will find a link to apply online on the regional website.
- When they click on this link, they will have to provide their basic details like educational qualification, selection of examination centre, and address for communication, the language of examination and selection of the post to which they plan to apply.
- Next step is the payment of the examination fee. Candidates have the option to pay online using a debit/credit card/net banking or using SBI Bank Challan. Those planning to pay offline will have to download the bank challan and should take it to any branch of SBI to pay the fee.
- Once, the payment is made, candidates will have to fill up the details in the application and next they will have to upload their scanned photograph and signature. The files should be in JPG/JPEG format. The layout of the files should be 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm and they should be between 15 and 40 KB size.
- In the case of reserved category candidates, they will have to upload their caste or disability certificate. In the same way, Ex-servicemen will have to upload the appropriate proof. All these certificates should be attached as scanned JPEG/JPG Files.
- After uploading, candidates will have to preview to make sure that they are correct. If they are not clearly visible, candidates will have to upload again.
RRB JE 2020 Fee
The fee to be paid by general category candidates is Rs.500, out of which Rs.400 will be paid back at the time of the Computer-based Test after deducting the applicable bank charges. For reserved category candidates, the fee to be paid is Rs.250, which will be repaid completely during the CBT.
Candidates should have their Aadhar Card, class X certificate, certificates of other educational qualifications, scanned copy of a recent photo, signature and caste and disability certificate (if applicable) when applying for the RRB JE 2020 Recruitment.