RRB MI 2021 [Apply Online, Syllabus, Application Form, Exam Date] : RRB Ministerial and Isolated categories notification 2021 for recruiting eligible candidates into various posts will be released by Railway Recruitment Board in August 2021. Through RRB MI Notification, it invites online application forms from eligible candidates for Ministerial and Isolated Categories.
Railway MI Apply Online process will start in August 2021. The last date for online registration of the application form is September 2021 and the last date for submission of the application form is September 2021 till 23:59 on the respective RRB websites.
RRB MI 2019 Exam was held from 15 Dec 2020 to 18th Dec 2020 and the Result will be released in August 2021. Further details will be updated here.
- Important Dates
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Fee & Payment
- Exam Pattern
- Selection Process
- Admit Card
- Cut Off
RRB MI Vacancies 2021
Centralized Employment Notice CEN -/2021, the ministerial and isolated categories notification carries recruitment notification for nearly 30 positions to recruit 1655 vacancies as listed below:
- Laboratory Assistant/School
- Dance Mistress
- Music Mistress
- Assistant Mistress (Junior School)
- Physical Training Instructor (English Medium) (Female)
- Physical Training Instructor (English Medium) (Male)
- Trained Graduate Teacher/Social Science (Female)
- Trained Graduate Teacher/Hindi(Female)
- Trained Graduate Teacher/Home Science (Female)
- Trained Graduate Teacher/Computer Science
- Post Graduate Teacher/Computer Science
- Post Graduate Teacher/Political Science (Female)
- Post Graduate Teacher/Physics (Female)
- Post Graduate Teacher/Physics (Male)
- Post Graduate Teacher/Geography (English Medium)(Female)
- Post Graduate Teacher/English (Female)
- Post Graduate Teacher/English (Male)
- Post Graduate Teacher/Biology (English Medium)(Male)
- Publicity Inspector
- Senior Publicity Inspector
- Head Cook
- Finger Print Examiner
- Lab Assistant Grade III Chemist and Metallurgist
- Chief Law Assistant
- Staff and Welfare Inspector
- Junior Translator/Hindi
- Junior Stenographer/English
- Junior Stenographer/Hindi
The computer-based test for this recruitment is planned to be held by the Railway Recruitment Board tentatively in the month of November 2021.
RRB MI Important Dates
RRB Ministerial and Isolated categories notification important dates such as notification release, Application submission, Payment of the fee, e-call letter download, and Exam dates are tabulated below.
|Date of Publication of notification||August 2021|
|Opening date for online registration of applications||August 2021|
|Closing date for online registration of applications||September 2021|
|Closing date and time for the payment of application fee via:|
|(a)Online (Net Banking/Credit/Debit Card/UPI)||September 2021|
|(b) SBI Challan||September 2021|
|(c) Post Office Challan||September 2021|
|Final submission of applications||September 2021|
|e-Call Letter||10 days before exam|
|Computer Based Test||Tentatively in November 2021|
Candidates can get to know the exact date of CBT by regularly visiting the website of the appropriate branch of RRB through which they apply.
RRB MI Notification 2021
RRB Ministerial and Isolated Categories Notification 2021 will be released and made available on respective RRB websites. Candidates can find the notification at one of the websites of RRBs. Candidates can find the links to different RRBs and candidates can find the notification in the appropriate websites of RRBs as well.
RRB MI Eligibility
Candidates meeting the eligibility requirement with respect to nationality, age limit, and educational qualification can alone apply to any position in RRB Ministerial and Isolated Categories recruitment. Here are certain eligibility details they should know:
- Candidates must have been born in India.
- Otherwise, candidates, who have been born in Nepal and Bhutan, can also apply.
- Even, Tibetan refugees, who shifted to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the purpose of a permanent settlement are also qualified to apply.
- Also, candidates, who are persons of Indian Origin and migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and East African countries of Uganda, Kenya, United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Zaire, Malawi, and Zambia with the objective of permanently settling in India are also eligible.
However, candidates other than actual Indian nationals will have to submit the certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
The minimum age requirement is 18 years for all the posts under RRB Ministerial and Isolated categories. while the maximum age limit varies from post to post, a detailed list of post-wise age limit is given below.
|Post Name||Age Limit|
|Laboratory Assistant/ School||18-45|
|Assistant Mistress (Junior School)|
|Physical Training Instructor (English Medium) Female|
|Physical Training Instructor (English Medium) Male|
|Trained Graduate Teacher/ Social Science/ Female|
|Trained Graduate Teacher/ Hindi/Female|
|Trained Graduate Teacher/ Home Science/ Female|
|Trained Graduate Teacher/ Computer Science|
|Post Graduate Teacher/ Computer Science|
|Post Graduate Teacher – Political Science /Female|
|Post Graduate Teacher - Physics/ Female|
|Post Graduate Teacher - Physics/ Male|
|Post Graduate Teacher – Geography /English Medium/ Male|
|Post Graduate Teacher - English/Female|
|Post Graduate Teacher- English/ Male|
|Post Graduate Teacher/ Biology (English Medium – Male)|
|Senior Publicity Inspector|
|Lab Assistant Gr. III Chemist & Metallurgist||18-30|
|Chief Law Assistant||18-40|
|Staff & Welfare Inspector||18-33|
|Junior translator/ Hindi|
|Junior Stenographer/ English||18-30|
|Junior Stenographer/ Hindi|
However, on the upper age limit, community age relaxation is applicable. The upper age limit is relaxable as follows for the reserved category candidates:
|Category||Relaxation in upper age limit|
|OBC-Non Creamy Layer||3 years|
|SC / ST||5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||UR -30/33/35/40/45 , OBC-NCL- 33/36/38/43/48, SC/ST - 35/38/40/45/50 (As per upper age in age group) plus Years of service rendered + 3 Years|
|PwBD||UR - 10 years|
OBC-NCL - 13 years
SC / ST - 15 years
|Candidates domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir between 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||UR - 35/38/40/45/50,|
SC/ST -40/43/45/50/55 (As per upper age in age group)
|Candidates already serving in Group C and D positions in Railways||UR - 40/43/45/50/55,|
SC/ST - 45/48/50/55/60 (As per upper age in age group)
|Candidates of Railway Quasi Administrative offices||UR -30/33/35/40/45,|
SC/ST - 35/38/40/45/50 (As per upper age in age group) + Length of service renderd or 5 yrs, whichever is lower
|Women candidates, widowed/ divorced not remarried||UR -35/38/40/45/50, |
SC/ST - 40/43/45/50/55 (As per upper age in age group)
RRB Ministerial and Isolated Categories recruitment are conducted for 30 positions, candidates can gather details about the educational qualification of each post from the below table. However, for detailed position-wise educational qualifications, check the Annexure-A of the official notification.
|Post Name||Minimum educational Qualification|
|Laboratory Assistant/ School||10+2 or equivalent with Science & 1 yr exp.in biochemical and Pathological lab|
|Dance Mistress||Dance Degree 4 yr course or Diploma in dance ( 5 yrs)|
|Music Mistress||Check Notification|
|Assistant Mistress (Junior School)||Check Notification|
|Physical Training Instructor (English Medium) Female||Check Notification|
|Physical Training Instructor (English Medium) Male||Graduate with Physical Training diploma (or) B.P.Ed and 10+2|
Competence to impart training through English Medium
|Trained Graduate Teacher/ Social Science/ Female||Check Notification|
|Trained Graduate Teacher/ Hindi/Female||Check Notification|
|Trained Graduate Teacher/ Home Science/ Female||Graduate with Home Science diploma (or)|
B.Sc. Home Science with Degree or diploma in training/ education
|Trained Graduate Teacher/ Computer Science||Check Notification|
|Post Graduate Teacher/ Computer Science||Check Notification|
|Post Graduate Teacher – Political Science /Female||Check Notification|
|Post Graduate Teacher - Physics/ Female||Check Notification|
|Post Graduate Teacher - Physics/ Male||Check Notification|
|Post Graduate Teacher – Geography /English Medium/ Male||Check Notification|
|Post Graduate Teacher - English/Female||Check Notification|
|Post Graduate Teacher- English/ Male||Check Notification|
|Post Graduate Teacher/ Biology (English Medium – Male)||Check Notification|
|Publicity Inspector||Degree and Diploma in Advertising / Journalism / Mass Communication / Public Relations |
|Senior Publicity Inspector||Degree and Diploma in Advertising / Journalism / Mass Communication / Public Relations |
*2 yrs experience In relevant field is Desirable.
|Cook||10+2 or equivalent with Craftsmanship in cookery|
|Head Cook||10+2 or equivalent with Craftsmanship in cookery|
|Fingerprint Examiner||10+2 or equivalent and certificate issued by All India Board of Finger Print Experts|
|Lab Assistant Gr. III Chemist & Metallurgist||10+2 with Science (Chemistry& Physics) and Lab Tech.|
Diploma or certificate
|Chief Law Assistant||Degree in law with 3 years practice as pleader at bar|
|Staff & Welfare Inspector||Graduation degree + Diploma in Social welfare/ Labour welfare/ LLB with Labour laws|
Labour laws diploma
PG diploma in personnel management/ MBA with personnel management as a paper or MBA/HR
|Junior translator/ Hindi||Check Notification|
|Junior Stenographer/ English||10+2 or equivalent qualification or|
80 words/ minute shorthand speed for a duration of 10 min with transcription time of 5omin
|Junior Stenographer/ Hindi||10+2 or equivalent qualification or|
80 words/ minute shorthand speed for a duration of 10 min with transcription time of 65min
RRB MI Application Form 2021
Candidates meeting the eligibility requirement as per the RRB Ministerial and Isolated Categories notification based on the position to which they wish to apply will have to apply online through the official website of the respective RRB. They should remember that application registration should be done before the last date and should submit the final application before the date stated above. Before applying read instructions to apply online carefully
RRB MI : How To Apply Online?
- Visit the respective RRB website
- Find RRB Ministerial and Isolated Categories Advertisement Section
- Click on Click Here – online Registration tab
- Select RRB, click on the ‘Confirm’ button
- Accept the Declaration by confirming reading the instructions by clicking on the checkbox
- If not already registered click “New Registration”
- Provide basic details on the first page of registration such as Name, Date of Birth, Age, Aadhaar Number, Fathers Name, Mothers Name, SSC Board, Roll No, Year of Passing
- Provide a phone number and valid Email ID
- Enter Security code, Check Declaration box and Click on ‘Submit’
- Get the OTP to the registered phone number and Email ID and Validate the mobile number by entering OTP
- You will get the registration number and password on the screen and also on the registered phone number and Email
- Proceed further by clicking on the relevant option
- If the window is closed, click on the “already registered” option on the first page to start filling up the remaining online application
- Provide details about educational qualification, community, gender, religion, and related details
- On the second step, set a preference for the position. If you are eligible to apply for more than one position, you can choose all those options in the order of preference using the text box
- The next step is payment and providing bank account details
- Choose the mode of payment and pay either online or offline. Remember the last date for fee payment.
- Provide scribe details, if you are a PwBD Candidate
- Provide complete details about educational qualification
- Choose the exam language
- Complete filling up the remaining fields
- Provide bank account details to get a refund of the application fee
- Upload photograph with the following specification:
- Colour passport size photo with light or white background
- Size should be 320 x 240 pixels or 35 mm x 45 mm with name and date printed.
- JPEG/JPG format scanned with 100 DPI Resolution
- Size should be between 20 and 50 KB.
- The photo should have been taken on or after the 15th of December 2018 in a professional studio.
- Upload the signature with the following specification:
- Size between 10 and 40 KB
- Dimension – 140 x 60 pixels or 50 mm x 20 mm
- JPEG/JPG format with 100 DPI Resolution
- The signature must be in running letters and not in block letters
- The signature should be made in a white paper using a blue or black pen within a box of size 50 mm x 20 mm
- If you belong to SC/ST category, you will have to upload the community certificate and you will have to do this if you opt for a free travel pass. The scanned copy of the certificate in the size of 50 to 100 KB should be uploaded to avail the second class railway pass facility
- Once all details are entered confirm the declaration by clicking the checkbox
- After submission, you can print the application generated in PDF format and can preserve it for the future.
- If you wish to make some changes, you can make the same by paying a modification fee of Rs.100, which is non-refundable.
Fee & Mode Of Payment
RRB Ministerial and Isolated Categories fee for the General Category candidates is Rs.500 and for Reserved category candidates, it is Rs.250. For candidates belonging to the former category Rs.400 and for those belonging to the latter category Rs.250 will be repaid after deducting bank charges on appearing to the first stage of the computer-based test.
The fee can be paid online using debit/credit card/internet banking or UPI. It can also be paid offline using SBI Challan or post office challan.
Before starting the online application process, candidates should have a scanned copy of the following documents.
- Photograph and signature as per the specification
- Also, SC/ST candidates should have a scanned copy of their community certificate ready to avail free travel pass or else not necessary
- Those using scribe should also have the photo of the scribe in a scanned format in JPEG format with a size of 20 to 50 KB.
RRB MI Exam Pattern 2021
RRB Ministerial and Isolated categories CBT (computer-based test) will be in multiple choice format. The test will be conducted for a duration of 90 minutes and 120 minutes will be given for PwBD candidates using the scribe facility. The exam pattern will be as follows, except for CBT for Junior Stenographer Hindi and English posts:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||15||15|
For every wrong answer, there will be a deduction of a 1/3rd mark, while every correct answer will get one mark each.
Exam Pattern For Junior Stenographer Position
|Part||Subject||No. of questions||Questions from - to||Total marks||Time|
|I||General Awareness||50||1-50||100||90 Minutes|
|II||Hindi or English Language||50||51-100||100|
Stenography Skill Test Pattern
|Type of stenographer||Speed||Duration||Time for transcription|
|English||80 Words Per Minute||10 Minutes||50 Minutes|
|Hindi||80 Words Per Minute||10 Minutes||65 Minutes|
- The stenography skill test will be conducted as a Shorthand test for 300 marks on a personal computer without a spell check facility and editing tools.
- Candidates equal to 10 times the number of vacancies will be shortlisted from CBT and called for the Shorthand test.
- For full/ major mistakes, candidates will lose 1 mark, for minor/half mistakes they will lose ½ mark.
- Candidates committing more than 10% of mistakes will be treated as failures.
RRB MI Syllabus 2021
RRB Ministerial and Isolated categories syllabus of CBT is mentioned below.
- Pipes & Cistern
- Number System
- Calendar & Clock
- Age Calculations
- Square Root
- Elementary Statistics
- Geometry & Trigonometry
- Ratio & Proportion
- Profit & loss
- Simple and compound interest
- Time and distance
- Time and work
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Statement – Arguments & Assumptions
- Number and Alphabetical Series
- Analytical Reasoning
- Coding and Decoding
- Mathematical Operations
- Similarities and Differences
- Conclusions and Decision making
- Data Interpretation & Sufficiency
- Venn Diagram
- Current affairs
- Science & Technology
- Physics, chemistry, and life sciences of class X standard CBSE Syllabus
RRB MI Selection Process
Candidates will have to submit only a single online application irrespective of the number of positions to which they apply. The process for recruitment for the RRB Ministerial and Isolated categories recruitment involves the following stages.
- Single Stage Computer-Based Test
- Stenography Skill Test
- Performance test/Teaching skill test
- Translation test as applicable for different positions
- Document Verification
- Medical Examination
Nevertheless, the Railway Recruitment Board reserves the right to conduct the additional computer-based test if regarded essential for all or for a restricted number of candidates as might be considered suitable by the Railway Recruitment Board.
- CBT will have 90 minutes duration for 100 multiple-choice questions. 120 minutes will be given for PwBD candidates availing scribe facility.
- Each question carries one mark, and there will be a negative marking of 1/3rd in the CBT for every wrong answer.
- In case RRB conducts the 2nd stage of CBT, the 1st stage of CBT will be treated as a Qualifying test.
- Normalization of marks will be a criterion to select candidates if CBT is held in multiple sessions.
- The Standard of questions will be as per the educational qualifications mentioned against each post.
- Candidates shortlisted in the CBT will have to appear in the subsequent stages.
Junior Stenographer Position
For the Junior stenographer position aggregate of marks in the skill test and in the computer-based test will be considered for selection.
Junior Translator/ Hindi Position
- CBT single stage will be held followed by a translation test which is qualifying in nature.
- Only marks obtained in the CBT will be the deciding factor of merit.
- The qualifying mark for the translation test is 60% for the Junior Translator/Hindi position.
- The question paper will be designed to test English and Hindi language knowledge. 50% marks will be to test the proficiency of language out of which 20% for English and 30% for Hindi.
- The remaining questions will be designed to test the Simple Arithmetic, General Intelligence, General Knowledge, and basics of computers.
Performance Test/ Teaching Skill Test (PT/TST)
- Along with CBT, Teacher candidates will be subjected to PT (Performance Test) and TST (Skill test)
- For the posts of PGTs, PTI, TGTs, Assistant Mistress/ Junior School the weightage of CBT and Teacher Skill Test will be 85:15.
- Primary Teacher (Music/Dance), Art Master (PGT/TGT) weightage of CBT, PT, and TST will be in the ratio of 60:25:15. That means CBT will get 60% weightage, Skill test will get 15% weightage; Performance test weightage is 25% in the selection process.
Candidates equal to the vacancies will be called for document verification by RRBs. Along with that 50% of candidates equal to the vacancies will also be called for DV only for the purpose of empanelment. In case of shortfall/ not joining in the post/ as a replacement in the merit list, this additional 50 % of candidates will be considered for empanelment.
- All the Documents in Original must be brought to the DV process along with 2 sets of photocopies.
- Documents must be in English/ Hindi Language only. In case of other language translated and a self-attested copy must be brought.
The following documents are required for RRB Ministerial and Isolated Categories DV process.
- Matriculation Certificate/ 10th Class Certificate/ high school exam Certificate (For Age Proof and Matriculation Qualification)
- +2/Inter/PUC/ Higher Secondary or equivalent certificate
- Degree of university/ equivalent
- Certificate of SC/ ST
- Certificate of OBC
- Declaration of Non-Creamy Layer by OBC Candidates
- Income & Asset Certificate by EWS candidates
- Minority community declaration on non-judicial stamp paper
- Ex-Servicemen Discharge Certificate in Original & Self-Declaration
- Photocopy of Aadhaar Card (Both Sides)
- Medical Certificate by PwD Candidates
- NOC from an employer with a Date of Appointment for serving employees
- Transgender Candidates Self Declaration
- Gazette notification /Legal document in case of the name change
- Decree of divorce and Affidavit that stating not remarried
- Death certificate of spouse (in case of Widow and should bring affidavit that stating not remarried)
- Acknowledgment copy along with NOC from a civil employer in case of Ex-Servicemen
- NOC from Serving Defence Personnel with an expected discharge date
- J&K Domicile certificate
The following criterion will be followed to resolve the tie in marks.
- Older Age
- Alphabetical order of Name
Medical Fitness Test
Candidates clearing DV will be sent for medical examination.
A final selected list will be released by the RRB after considering the above parameters.
Normalization Of Marks
If CBT is conducted in multiple sessions for the same syllabus, normalized marks will be the criteria to shortlist the candidates in CBT.
RRB MI Admit Card 2021
The Hall ticket/ e-call letter for the RRB Ministerial and isolated categories recruitment is necessary to attend every stage of the recruitment process. A separate call letter will be issued for each stage. Candidates, who have registered for this recruitment will get information about the availability of e-call letters to their registered email address and phone number via SMS.
Nevertheless, candidates are recommended to regularly visit the website of RRB through which they applied to know about the availability of e-call letters so that they will not miss them even if they do not get the email or SMS notification.
Applicants will not get the e-call letter delivered to their homes. They will have to visit the website of the RRB at least 10 days before the CBT, stenography skill test, teaching/performance skill test, translation test, and document verification as applicable to download the appropriate e-call letter. Candidates are recommended to carefully go through the instruction in the e-call letter.
Candidates must bring one color photograph (as uploaded in the application form) along with the call letter to the exam hall. Valid Photo Identity proof must also be brought to the exam hall.
How To Download E-Call Letter?
- Visit the Respective RRB website
- Find and click on RRB Ministerial and isolated categories e- call letter
- Provide the Registration Number and Date of Birth
- Click on submit
- Download and take a printout
RRB MI Result 2021
The result for the RRB Ministerial and Isolated Categories Recruitment will be published by the Railway Recruitment Board on the official website. Once the results are out, candidates, who have taken up the test will be notified about the availability of the result to their registered mobile number via SMS and to their registered Email ID.
Nevertheless, RRB recommends candidates regularly visit the website to keep themselves updated even if they do not get the SMS/Email alert. The result for each level will be published on the website of the board.
How To Check Result?
- Visit the Respective RRB website
- Find and click on RRB Ministerial and isolated categories Result
- Enter Registration Number and Date of Birth
- Click on the submit button
- Download and take a printout
RRB MI Cut Off 2021
The cut-off for the Unreserved category is 40%, ST is 25%, SC is 30%, OBC is 30% and for EWS, it is 40%.
- As far as skill test is concerned, there will not be any minimum qualifying mark. However, this test score will get a weightage of 15% in deciding the overall ranking of the test-takers.
- In the same way, there will not be any minimum qualifying mark for the performance test. The weightage given to the score of this test is 25%.
- As far as the Junior stenographer position is concerned, the merit list will be prepared based on the aggregate of marks in the skill test and in the computer-based test.
- The qualifying mark for the translation test is 60% for the Junior Translator/Hindi position.
How To Check Cut Off?
- Visit respective RRB website
- Click on RRB Ministerial and Isolated Categories cut off
- Download pdf and check the category wise cut off
RRB Ministerial & Isolated Posts Salary
RRB Ministerial and Isolated Categories Post wise salary details are tabulated below. Candidates can check the below table to know the salary/ pay details.
|Post Name||Pay (In Rupees)|
|Laboratory Assistant/ School||25500|
|Assistant Mistress (Junior School)||35400|
|Physical Training Instructor (English Medium) Female||44900|
|Physical Training Instructor (English Medium) Male||44900|
|Trained Graduate Teacher/ Social Science/ Female||44900|
|Trained Graduate Teacher/ Hindi/Female||44900|
|Trained Graduate Teacher/ Home Science/ Female||44900|
|Trained Graduate Teacher/ Computer Science||44900|
|Post Graduate Teacher/ Computer Science||47600|
|Post Graduate Teacher – Political Science /Female||47600|
|Post Graduate Teacher - Physics/ Female||47600|
|Post Graduate Teacher - Physics/ Male||47600|
|Post Graduate Teacher – Geography /English Medium/ Male||47600|
|Post Graduate Teacher - English/Female||47600|
|Post Graduate Teacher- English/ Male||47600|
|Post Graduate Teacher/ Biology (English Medium – Male)||47600|
|Senior Publicity Inspector||35400|
|Lab Assistant Gr. III Chemist & Metallurgist||19900|
|Chief Law Assistant||44900|
|Staff & Welfare Inspector||35400|
|Junior translator/ Hindi||35400|
|Junior Stenographer/ English||25500|
|Junior Stenographer/ Hindi||25500|