RRB MI Syllabus 2021 : RRB Ministerial and Isolated Categories Exam Pattern is decided by the Railway Recruitment Board. The pattern of the test for a few positions differs in this recruitment, while for almost all positions, the pattern is the same. The syllabus for this recruitment is also decided by the Railway Recruitment Board.
The date of the test will be announced by the RRB and the right preparation with the knowledge of the pattern and the syllabus will help candidates to succeed in the recruitment.
RRB MI Exam Pattern 2021
RRB MI Exam Pattern 2021 has been explained below.
The RRB MI recruitment process will be held in the following stages
- Single Stage CBT
- Stenography Skill Test (As applicable)
- Performance Test/ Teacher Skill Test (As applicable)
- Translation Test (As applicable)
- Document Verification
- Medical Examination
1. CBT (Computer Based Test)
- The question paper for the single-stage computer-based test will be for 90 minutes’ duration.
- The common structure will have 100 questions that should be completed within 120 minutes for PwBD candidates using the scribe facility.
- However, this pattern differs for the Junior Stenographer English and Hindi.
- The question paper will be in a multiple-choice format for both patterns.
- The standard of the question paper will be in conformity with the educational standards for the positions.
Here is a detailed view of the structure for this position and for other positions:
Exam Pattern For Junior Stenographer English and Hindi
|Part||Subject||Number of Questions||Questions (from – to)||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|I||General Awareness||50||1 – 50||100||90 Minutes|
|II||Hindi or English Language||50||51 – 100||100|
All candidates will have to attend part I and II both subjects without fail. There shall be a single composite paper for both these subjects and candidates will have to qualify in both subjects separately.
Pattern For Other Positions
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||15||15|
The section-wise distribution of marks in the table above is just indicative. However, there can be some differences in the actual question paper pattern. For every wrong answer, there will be a negative marking of the1/3rd mark.
2. Stenography Skill Test Pattern
- The stenographer skill test will be conducted in a computer without the facility of editing tools/ spell check facility
- It is conducted as a shorthand test for marks of 300
- For Full/ major mistakes 1 mark will be deducted and for Minor/ Half mistakes half mark will be deducted
- Mistakes should not exceed 10%, if exceeds they will be treated as failed
- Candidates 10 times the vacancies will be called for stenographer skill test.
|Stenographer Type||Speed ( Words Per Minute )||Duration ( Minutes )||Time for transcription ( Minutes )|
3. Performance Test/ Teacher Skill Test
After CBT, Teacher aspirants will be subjected to the Performance Test/ Teacher Skill Test.
- PGTs/TGTs/PTI, Assistant Mistress/ Junior School posts the weightage of CBT, TST will be in the ratio of 85:15
- For Primary Teacher of Music or dance, Art Master (PGT/TGT), the weightage of CBT, PT, TST will be 60:25:15
4. Translation Test
Translation test will be conducted for Junior Translator/ Hindi position, which is qualifying in nature. The qualifying percentage in Translation Test is 60%.
5. Document Verification
All the candidates who have cleared CBT and the applicable stage of the test will be called for the Document Verification round. Candidates equal to the vacancies will be called for DV and extra 50% of candidates will also be called for DV and they will be considered for the purpose of empanelment only.
6. Medical Examination
After the DV round, candidates will be sent for medical examination by the RRB administration.
RRB MI Syllabus 2021
RRB MI Sylabu 2021 has been explained below.
Syllabus for Junior Stenographer English and Hindi
The first part of General Awareness will have questions from General Science, General Awareness, General Intelligence & Reasoning, and Mathematics. This part should be translated into regional languages based on the instructions.
As far as the second part is concerned, candidates will attend either English or Hindi as they opted for in the application form. The questions shall be designed for checking the knowledge of English/Hindi and language skills inclusive of grammar. The syllabus for this part includes:
- Basics of computer applications
- Basic applications of computer
- MS Office
- Input and output devices
- Corrections in sentences
- Idioms and Phrases
- Give one word for
- Fill in the blanks
If Hindi is chosen, the questions will be related to Hindi with the same chapters above.
Syllabus For Other Positions
- Current Affairs
- Science & Technology
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Statement – Arguments & Assumptions
- Venn Diagram
- Number and Alphabetic Series
- Dater interpretation & Sufficiency
- Analytical Reasoning
- Conclusions & Decisions Making
- Coding & Decoding
- Similarities & Differences
- Mathematical Operations
- Knowledge of Current Affairs
- General Scientific and Technological Developments
- Indian Geography
- Culture and History of India including freedom movement
- Environmental issues concerning India and World
- Indian Polity and Constitution
Questions will be from physics, chemistry, and life sciences up to the 10th standard CBSE Syllabus.
RRB MI Exam Date
RRB MI 2019 exam stage I was held from 15th – 18th December 2020. The Railway Recruitment Board will announce the date of the Computer-Based Test for the current year in due course. So, candidates, who have applied or who are going to apply before the last date can know the date of the test from the official website of the Railway Recruitment Board in due course of time.
RRB MI Selection Process
The process of the selection of suitable candidates for the RRB Ministerial and Isolated Categories Recruitment encompasses a single-stage Computer-based test. Further, there will be a stenography skill test for some positions, a performance test/teaching test for teacher aspirants, document verification followed by medical examinations for all positions.
Nevertheless, the Railway Recruitment Board reserves the right to conduct the additional computer-based test if necessary. The date, venue, and time of each level of the test will be notified to the candidates in the due course of time.
The computer-based test is conducted for all positions in recruitment. However, candidates are recommended to remember, there are other tests for other positions. For instance, for the stenographer positions, there will be a stenography skill test, while for translator positions there will be a translation test. For candidates, who apply for teaching positions, will have to take up the performance/teaching skill test.
Important Dates After Application Submission
To know the exact dates, candidates are recommended to regularly visit the website of RRB through which they apply for the RRB Ministerial and Isolated Categories Recruitment.
|Computer Based Test||Tentatively in November 2021|
|Result of CBT||To be notified after the test|
|Further tests for some positions||Will be notified later by RRB|
RRB MI Syllabus FAQs
Q. How To Know The Tests I Will Have To Take When I Apply For RRB Ministerial and Isolated Categories?
A.You will find details about the tests conducted for different positions from the official Notification. Even, you can find the page with the same content on the official website of the appropriate RRB through which you have applied or planning to apply to the RRB Recruitment.
Q. Is There A Medical Fitness Test For RRB Ministerial and Isolated Categories Recruitment?
A. Yes, the appointment of candidates is subject to their passing of the required medical fitness test. This test will be conducted by the RRB. Also, the final list of selected candidates will be announced only after the final verification of community and educational certificates, verification of antecedents, and character of candidates.