RRB Paramedical Syllabus 2021 : RRB Paramedical Exam pattern and selection procedure 2021 has been set by the Railway Recruitment Board and detailed information has been given here as per the notification. RRB Paramedical notification will be released and the recruitment exam dates will be notified. RRB Paramedical details regarding exam pattern, syllabus, and selection procedure as per the official notification are mentioned below.
RRB Paramedical Exam Pattern 2021
Railway Paramedical Recruitment 2021 exam pattern is mentioned below.
|General arithmetic, intelligence and reasoning
- The exam will comprise four sections and will include 100 questions of 1 mark each. The total weightage of the exam is 100 marks.
- The total duration awarded to the exam is 90 minutes. Candidates of the PWD category will get 120 minutes to finish the exam.
- There will be negative marking for every wrong answer that is attempted. 1/3rd marks out of the total marks awarded to a particular question shall be deducted.
- The exam will be an MCQ type of Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The standard of the questions asked in the CBT will be as per the educational standards prescribed for each particular post.
RRB Paramedical Exam Syllabus 2021
The railway paramedical exam syllabus 2021 is mentioned below.
- Number system
- HCF and LCM
- Ratio and proportion
- Time and Work
- Time, speed, and distance
- Simple and Compound interest
- Squares and square root
- Pipes and Cisterns
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Alphabet and number series
- Coding and decoding
- Mathematical operations
- Blood relations
- Venn diagram
- Data interpretation
- Similarities and differences
- Current affairs
- Indian geography
- Indian history and culture
- Indian freedom struggle
- Indian polity and constitution
- Indian economy
- Environment and its issues concerning India as well as the World
- Sports and events
- Scientific and technological developments
(Up to class 10th level)
Candidates will be tested on various topics as per their post and educational standards/technical qualifications. The detailed syllabus is mentioned in the official notification.
RRB Paramedical Selection Procedure
The selection procedure of the RRB Paramedical exam involves two stages –
- Computer based test (CBT)
- Document Verification
Candidates will first have to appear for the CBT which will be an objective type exam of 100 marks. Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for each right answer and 1/3rd marks shall be deducted for every wrong answer.
Based on their performance in the CBT, candidates will be invited for the document verification round. Candidates will be called for the DV round strictly based on merit and securing the minimum qualifying marks for each particular stage. The minimum qualifying marks for the UR/EWS candidates is 40%, for OBC and SC is 30% and for ST is 25%. The RRB will then release the list of those candidates who have qualified for the next stage.
Candidates securing the minimum qualifying marks based on the availability of vacancies shall be called further for the verification of documents. 50% extra candidates will also be called on as standby candidates unless specified otherwise. Candidates called on standby will be considered for empanelment only if there is a shortage of a number of available candidates for empanelment.
While the entire document verification round is going on, candidates will have to present all their documents in original. Candidates will not be given any extra time for producing the documents in original and for those who fail to do so, their candidature shall be canceled.
Selected candidates will also have to undergo a medical and fitness test that will be conducted by the Railway Administration.
The final merit list will then be prepared after all the stages of the exam are conducted successfully. Candidates qualifying all these rounds and whose roll numbers/names appear on the list will then be recommended by the Board to the different Zonal Railways/Production Units.
Normalization Of Scores
Candidates will be shortlisted for the Document Verification round based purely on the marks scored by them in the CBT round. In case there is more than one round of the CBT exam, then the marks scored by the candidate in both the CBT rounds shall be normalized for obtaining the combined score.
Selection In Case Of A Tie
In case there is a tie between two candidates, then the following criterion shall be considered for selection –
- The age factor will act as the deciding component with the older candidate getting the first preference
- In case the age of the candidates is the same, then their names in alphabetical order shall be taken into account.
Documents To Be Presented For Verification
Candidates will have to present the following documents in original for the DV round.
- Class 10th certificate and mark sheet
- Class 12th certificate and mark sheet
- Graduation/Diploma mark sheet and certificate
- SC/ST certificate
- OBC – Non-Creamy Layer certificate
- Income certificate for EWS
- Minority community declaration certificate
- PWD certificate
- Discharge certificate and NOC from the employer for Ex-S
- Self-certification for transgender candidates
- J&K domicile certificate
- Copy of SBI challan
- Death certificate of the husband in case of the widow
- Proof of divorce/judicial separation
- All the certificates presented by the candidates must be in English/Hindi only. In the case of any other language, candidates must attach self-attested translated copies of the certificates in English/Hindi.
- At the time of DV, candidates must produce all the certificates in original along with two self-attested copies of the documents.
- All the selected candidates coming for the DV round must upload the scanned copy of these documents prior to their coming for the DV round on www.rrbdv.in portal.
- Candidates who are unable to submit their original documents at the time of verification shall not be able to proceed with their candidature. The Board shall be liable for any such cancellation of candidature.
- All such candidates who seek relaxation in age/vacancies must submit the required documents in the exact prescribed format as mentioned in the official notification at the time of DV. No other format shall be accepted.