RRC WR ALP & Technician [Grade III] 2019 [Apply Online, Syllabus] : Railway Recruitment Cell of Western Railway invited online applications from the eligible serving employees of Western Railway to fill the 85 posts of Assistant Loco Pilot and 221 posts of Grade III Technician. Application process will start from 12th October 2019 and the interested candidates who fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria will be able to fill the online application form till 11th November 2019. Interested candidates should take a look at the detailed information about the eligibility criteria, application process etc. which is provided here.
|Post||Assistant Loco Pilot|
|Conducted by||Railway Recruitment Cell (Western Railway)|
|Type of Exam||Departmental Exam|
|Number of Vacancies||Technician Grade III – 221|
|Assistant Loco Pilot – 85|
RRC WR ALP & Technician Important Dates
Below are some of the important dates for candidates aspiring to apply for Western Railway Assistant Loco Pilot & Technician recruitment 2019.
|Notification Release Date||1st October 2019|
|Application Form Release||12th October 2019|
|Last Date to Apply||11th November 2019|
|Call Letter||To be notified|
|Exam date||To be notified|
|Result||To be notified|
WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III Notification 2019
Notification for Western Railway GDCE Assistant Loco Pilot & Technician Grade III recruitment was released on 1st October 2019 on the official website of Western Railway @https://www.rrc-wr.com. Interested candidates can go through the official notification by clicking on the below mentioned link.
Number Of Vacancies
Western Railway has announced 85 vacancies for the post of Assistant Loco Pilot and 221 vacancies for the post of Technician Grade III.
|Post||Number of vacancies|
|Technician Grade III||221|
|Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP)||85|
WR GDCE ALP & Technician Gr. III Eligibility Criteria
Western Railway is recruiting candidates who are already serving in the Western Railway for the posts of Assistant Loco Pilot and Technician Grade III. Candidates who fulfil the below mentioned eligibility criteria can apply for the recruitment process.
As on 01/01/2020 the candidates should be at least 18 years old and they must not be older than 42 years in order to become eligible for the recruitment process.
Those who belong to reserved category will get relaxation in the upper age limit as per the following
|Category||Minimum Age Limit (As on 01-01-2020)||Maximum Age Limit (As on 01-01-2020)|
|General (Unreserved)||18 years||42 years|
|SC / ST||47 years|
Interested candidates should have the below mentioned minimum educational qualification according to the post they want to apply for
Assistant Loco Pilot
- High school / SSLC and ITI certificate from NCVT / SCVT recognized institute in trade of Armature and Coil Winder / Electrician /Electronics Mechanic / Fitter / Heat Engine / Instrument Mechanic / Machinist / Mechanic Diesel / Mechanic Motor Vehicle / Millwright / Maintenance Mechanic / Mechanic Radio & TV / Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning Mechanic / Tractor Mechanic / Turner / Wireman
- High School / SSLC and Apprenticeship in the trades prescribed above
- 3 years Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Automobile Engineering or combination of various streams of engineering disciplines from a recognized institution
- Degree in Engineering
Technician Grade III
- High School / SSCL
- ITI Certificate in relevant trade from NCVT / SCVT recognized institution OR Apprenticeship in relevant trade
- Employees working in the 7th CPC level lower than the Grade pay/ scale of general department competitive exam are eligible to apply
- Candidates of same pay scale can apply for selection from Non safety to safety and safety to safety category posts
- RPF/RPSF are not eligible to apply
WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III Application Form 2019
WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III application form will be released on 12th October 2019 on the official website of Railway Recruitment Cell of Western Railway @ www.rrc-wr.com. Interested candidates have to fill the online application form as there will be no alternative way to apply.
WR ALP & Technician Apply Online Link 2019 (link will be activated soon)
RRC WR ALP & Technician : How To Apply Online?
Candidates have to follow the below mentioned procedure to apply for WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III Recruitment 2019
Step I – Registration
- Go to RRC WR website @ www.rrc-wr.com/
- Click on “Online / E-Application” link
- Click on “New Registration”
- Enter the basic details like,
- Your name
- Father’s name
- Date of birth
- Email id
- Mobile number
- Other required information
- Click on submit
- A link will be sent to your email id, click on the link to complete the application process
Step II – Application Form
- Login to the website using the registration number and password provided to you in the email
- Follow the instructions mentioned on the website to complete the application process
- Upload scanned copy of passport size photo graph (3.5 cm x 3.5 cm, with maximum size of 70KB, scanned at 100 DPI in JPEG format)
- Upload scanned copy of your signature (3.0 cm x 6.0 cm, with maximum size of 30KB, in JPEG format)
- Upload other required documents
- Preview the application form
- Make changes if required
- Submit the online application form
- Take printout of the submitted application form
There is no application fee for WR ALP & Technician Grade III Recruitment.
Candidates will need to upload the following documents at the time of filling the online application form
- Proof of date of birth
- Self-attested birth certificate
- Class 10th or equivalent certificate / marksheet
- School leaving certificate indicating date of birth
- Education qualification certificates
- Community certificate (if applicable)
- OBC – Non-Creamy Layer certificate (if applicable)
- Self-declaration by OBC candidates as prescribed in the official notification (Annexure – C) – if applicable
Apart from the original and photocopies of the above mentioned documents candidates will also have to produce the following at the time of document verification process
- 2 recent passport size photograph (self-attested on back side)
- Print out of e-call letter / admit card
- Valid photo id proof
Note: If the certificate is in any other language apart from Hindi or English, then the candidate needs to submit an attested translation of said certificate in either Hindi or English.
WR GDCE ALP & Technical Grade III Exam Pattern 2019
All the candidates who apply for WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III will have to appear for the Written Test / Computer Based Test, the pattern for which is provided below.
RRC WR Technician Grade III Exam Pattern
|Part||Subject||Number of questions||Duration|
|A||General Awareness / Current Affairs||100||90 Minutes|
|Basic Science & Engineering|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning|
|B||Relevant Trade||75||60 Minutes|
|Total||175||2 hours 30 minutes|
RRC WR ALP Exam Pattern
|Part||Subject||Number of questions||Duration|
|A||General Awareness and Current Affairs||75||1 hour|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|B||Computer Based Aptitude Test||-||-|
- All the questions in the exam will be of RRB Exam Level for the same post
- All the questions will be objective type MCQs
- There will be negative marking, 1/3rd marks allotted to the question will be deducted for every incorrect answer
- Candidates applying for Assistant Loco Pilot will have to go through Computer Based Aptitude Test
WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III Syllabus 2019
|Mathematics||General Intelligence and Reasoning||General Science||General Awareness|
|Time and Work||Directions||IT Literacy||Schemes|
|Geometry and Trigonometry||Conclusions and decision making||Units||Environment|
|Number system||Jumbling||Measurements||International and National Affairs of last 6 months|
|Percentages||Mathematical operations||Heat and Temperature||Budget|
|Profit and Loss||Similarities and differences||Mass Weight and Density||Summits & Conference|
|Simplification following BODMAS rule||Relationships||Speed and Velocity||Awards and Honours|
|Algebra||Classification||Environment Education||Important Days|
|Decimals||Venn diagram||Levers and Simple Machines||Banking & Finance|
|Pipes & Cistern||Syllogism||Work Power and Energy||Bills & Acts|
|Calendar & Clock||Coding and Decoding||Occupational Safety and Health||Science & Technology|
|Time and Distance||Alphabetical and Number Series||Engineering Drawing||Sports|
|Simple and Compound Interest||Data Interpretation and Sufficiency||Arts & Culture|
|Ratio and Proportion||Analytical reasoning|
|Square Root||Statement - Arguments and Assumptions|
WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III Selection Process 2019
WR ALP & Technician Grade III Selection Process will consist of two stages
Written Exam / CBT
All the candidates who apply for the ALP or Technician Grade III posts will be called to appear for the Written Exam / CBT. After conducting the exam, Railway Recruitment Cell will prepare and publish a merit list and call the shortlisted candidates for document verification.
At the time of document verification process candidates have to bring original as well as self-attested photocopies of the above mentioned documents and get them verified.
Those who successfully get their documents verified will have to go through a medical exam after qualifying which they will be appointed on the post of ALP or Technician Grade III as per their preference.
WR ALP & Technician Grade III E-Call Letter / Admit Card 2019
Railway Recruitment Cell of Western Railway will issue the e-call letters for the candidates who apply for the WR ALP & Technician Grade III Recruitment 2019 at least one week before the date of exam on the official website @ https://www.rrc-wr.com/. The official date of e-call letter /admit card release will soon be announced on the official website, so the interested candidates should keep in touch with the official website.
How To Download Admit Card?
Candidates need to follow the below mentioned steps to download their WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III e-call letter / admit card
- Visit the official website @ www.rrc-wr.com/
- Click on the e-call letter link available on the website
- A new page will open
- Enter your registration number and password
- Click on submit
- Your call letter will be displayed
- Download and take printout of your call letter
WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III Result 2019
WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III result 2019 will be published on the official website @ rrc-wr.com/ in the form of a merit list and those who get placed in the merit list will be called for document verification and medical test. The date of result release will be announced soon on the official website.
WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III Cut Off
Railway Recruitment Cell of Western Railway will decide the cut off marks on the basis of number of vacancies and performance of candidates in the exam. Only those candidates who score more or equal marks to the cut off will get shortlisted for further selection process i.e. document verification and medical exam.
WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III Salary
Candidates selected for the post of WR ALP will get the salary according to the Level 2 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix with Initial pay of Rs. 19,900/- per month and other allowances as applicable.
WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III FAQs
Q. What Is The Last Date To Apply For WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III 2019?
A. 11th November 2019 is the last date to apply for WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III Recruitment.
Q. How Much Is The Application Fee For WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III Recruitment 2019?
A. There is no application fee for WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III Recruitment 2019.
Q. What Is The Minimum and Maximum Age Limit To Apply For WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III 2019?
A. Candidates should not be younger than 18 years and older than 42 years to become eligible for WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III Recruitment 2019.
Q. What Documents Will I Need To Apply For WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III 2019?
A. You will need scanned copy of your photo, signature, educational certificate, date of birth proof, and category certificate in order to apply for WR GDCE ALP & Technician Grade III 2019.
Q. What Is The Minimum Educational Qualified Required To Apply For WR GDCE Technician Grade III post?
A. Candidates should have passed high school exam and should possess ITI certificate in relevant trade from a NCVT / SCVT recognized institute or apprenticeship in relevant trade to become eligible for WR GDCE Technician Grade III Recruitment.