SBI SO 2020 Exam Pattern and Syllabus are most crucial for candidates preparing for the Specialist Officer’s exam. SBI calls the candidates who successfully apply for SBI SO recruitment 2020 to appear for the online test. SBI SO Exam will be conducted in online mode and only those who qualify the SBI SO Exam will be considered for a further stage of selection process i.e. Interview.
SBI SO Exam will be conducted in 3rd week of October 2020 at various examination centers throughout the country. Read further to know important details about the SBI SO 2020 Examination such as selection process, exam pattern, and syllabus.
The candidates appearing for the SBI SO Recruitment 2020 should know about the following important dates.
|Last date to apply||13th July 2020|
|Written Exam||No written exam, shortlisting for Interview|
|Call Letter Release||2nd week of October 2020|
|Result||To be announced soon|
SBI SO Exam Pattern 2020
- SBI SO Exam will contain 195 multiple choice questions for 270 marks.
- The question paper will be divided into two sections, first will be the General Aptitude test and second will be a Professional Knowledge section. Both sections will further be divided into sub-sections.
- Candidates will get 90 minutes to answer all the questions in the General Aptitude Section and only 70 minutes will be provided to the candidates to answer the questions in the Professional Knowledge section.
- Candidates who qualify for the SBI SO online exam will be called for the personal interview.
A brief structure of the SBI SO Exam is provided in the table below
|Test||Number of questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General Aptitude||Test of Reasoning||50||50||90 Minutes|
|Professional Knowledge||General IT Knowledge||25||50||70 Minutes|
|Role based Knowledge||50||100|
State Bank of India Specialist Officer (SBI SO) Exam will be conducted in online mode and consist of multiple choice objective type questions
- Section 1 (General Aptitude) will consist of 130 questions for 130 marks
- Duration of Section 1 will be 90 minutes
- For every correct answer in section 1 candidates will get 1 mark
- Section 2 (Professional Knowledge) will have 75 questions for 150 marks
- Candidates will get 70 minutes to answer all the 75 questions
- 2 marks will be awarded for every correct answer given by the candidates in Section 2 of SBI SO Exam
- All the questions in SBI SO Exam will be bilingual i.e. the questions will be in both Hindi and English (except for English Language section)
- SBI SO exam will be qualifying in nature and the candidates who score more or equal marks to the cut off will be called for the interview
- SBI SO Interview will be conducted for 100 marks
- The weightage of marks will be 70% for the written test and 30% for the interview
SBI SO Syllabus 2020
You should prepare according to the syllabus provided below to qualify the SBI SO Written Exam 2020.
- Alpha-Numeric Sequence Puzzle
- Direction and distance Sense Test
- Blood Relations
- Series Test, Syllogism
- Clocks & Calendars
- Statement – Conclusions.
- Theme Detection, Alphabet numbers
- Logical Venn Diagrams
- Non- verbal reasoning
- Coded inequalities
- Deriving Conclusions from Passages
- Data Sufficiency
- Alphabet Test
- Seating arrangements
- Analytical reasoning
- Cause and effect Input and output arrangements
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Inserting The Missing Character
- Time sequence test
- Statement and assumptions
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Odd one out Number
- Assertion and reason Statement and course of action
- Course of action
- Decision making
- Passage and conclusion test
- Spelling check
- Theme detection
- Word Formation
- Cloze Test
- Fill in the Blanks
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Re-arrangement of a Sentence
- Correction of a Sentence
- Idioms & Phrases
- Identification of errors
- Choosing the appropriate word
- Para Jumble
- Completion of a Sentence
- Para substitution
- Close test/ passages
- Unseen Passages
- Profit and Loss
- Problems on Trains
- Decimal & Fractions
- Permutation and Combination
- Boats & Streams
- Data Interpretation and sufficiency
- Line Graphs
- Permutation & Combination
- Problems on Ages
- Unitary Method
- Compound Interest
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Simple Interest Compound interest
- Number system and simplification
- Time and Work
- Ration and Proportion
- HCF & LCM
- Volume & Surface
- Problem-based on numbers
SBI SO Exam Date 2020
State Bank of India (SBI) will conduct the SBI SO Exam most probably in 3rd week of October 2020. SBI SO Exam will be conducted throughout the country at various examination centers. In order to appear for the SBI SO exam, the candidates will need their SBI SO Admit card which will be released on the official website in 2nd week of October 2020.
SBI SO Selection Process 2020
SBI will conduct written exam and personal interview for selecting suitable candidates on the post of SBI SO.
All the candidates who successfully apply for the SBI SO 2020 will be called to appear for the written test. SBI SO written test will be qualifying in nature and after conducting the written test, SBI will prepare a merit list on the basis of cut off marks and publish the merit list on the official website. Candidates who get placed in the merit list will have to appear for the Interview.
SBI will conduct the personal interview for 100 marks and along with the interview document verification will be also be done. While appearing for the interview, the candidates will have to bring the original copies as well as the photocopies of the documents which they had uploaded at the time of filling the online application form.
SBI will upload the final merit list on the official website after conducting the interview and all the candidates whose names appear in the final merit list will be considered for the appointment on the post of SBI SO.
SBI SO 2020 Syllabus and Selection Process FAQs
Q. When The SBI SO 2020 Exam Will Be Conducted?
A. SBI SO 2020 Exam will be conducted in 3rd week of October 2020.
Q. How Many Marks Do I Need To Score In Order To Qualify The SBI SO 2020 Exam?
A. There are no minimum qualifying marks set by SBI, you will need to score more or equal marks to cut off which will be determined by the SBI in order to qualify SBI SO 2020.
Q. How The Selection Of SBI SO Will Be Made?
A. The candidates will be selected on the basis of a written test and interview. The candidates who apply for the SBI SO will have to appear for SBI SO Exam and those who qualify the written test will be called for the interview and after qualifying the interview the candidates will be appointed on the post of SBI SO.