Sashastra Seema Bal 2021 Application Form For SI, ASI & Head Constable : SSB recruitment 2021 for the posts of Group- ‘B’ and ‘C’ Non-Gazetted (Combatised) has started from 17 July 2021. The Office of the Director-General, Sashastra Seema Bal will accept online applications from eligible candidates against 116 SI, 115 Head Constables vacancies of the following posts
- Head Constable -115
- Sub-Inspector (Pioneer, Draughtsman, Communication, Staff Nurse Female) – 116
- Assistant Sub-Inspector
Candidates looking for a career in Sashastra Seema Bal which comes under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India must apply to any of the aforementioned posts by filling up and submitting an application through the website www.ssbrectt.gov.in. The last date of registration is 16th August 2021.
Before applying online, interested candidates should check few things such as date of release of official notification, eligibility conditions, pay scale, vacancy details, the fee payable and mode of payment, how to apply, selection process, call letters, final selection, and announcement of results, etc.
SSB SI, ASI & Head Constable 2021 Notification
Sashastra Seema Bal has released an official advertisement on SSB’s official website against advertisement no. ‘-338 / RC / SSB / HC (Min) / 2020’ for conducting a recruitment exercise for vacancies of Group- ‘B’ and ‘C’ Non-Gazetted (Combatised) available in Sashastra Seema Bal, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India on 17 July 2021. The last date to apply online is up to 30 days from the date of publication of the advertisement in the employment newspaper i.e., 16th August 2021.
Post-Wise Details Of Vacancies
|Name of Posts||No. of vacancies|
|Head Constable (Ministerial)||115|
|SI (Staff Nurse Female)||39|
|ASI (Dental Technician)||-|
|ASI (Operation Theatre Technician)||-|
Note- No. of vacancies may decrease or increase without informing candidates. To know category wise no. of vacancies please refer to the official advertisement.
SSB Recruitment 2021 Overview
|Name of the Examination||Sashastra Seema Bal Recruitment 2021|
|Also known as||SSB Recruitment 2021|
|Conducted by||Sashastra Seema Bal|
|Date of release of advertisement||16 July 2021|
|Advertisement No.||338 / RC / SSB / HC (Min) / 2020|
|Name of Posts||Sub-Inspector, Assistant Sub-Inspector & Head Constable|
|Number of Vacancies||115 - Head Constable|
116 - SI
|Dates for attempting online applications||17th July – 16th Aug 2021|
|Dates for submitting examination fees||17th July – 16th Aug 2021|
|Selection process||Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST), Documentation, Written Examination & Detailed Medical Examination (DME)|
|Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Standard Test (PST) shall be on||To be notified|
|Document Verification||To be notified|
|Call letters for written exam||To be notified|
|Written Examination||To be notified|
|Question papers & Answer key||After 2 days of written exam|
|Declaration of provisional result||After 10 days|
|OMR sheets, marks & purified keys||After 15 days|
|Declaration of written exam final result||After 25 days|
|Declaration of list having names of candidates to be called for skill test (if applicable)||After 30 days|
|Skill test (if applicable)||To be notified|
|Detailed Medical Examination (DME)||To be notified|
|Official website / Apply online @||www.ssbrectt.gov.in|
SSB SI, ASI & Head Constable 2021 Eligibility Conditions (As on 9th Sep 2021)
|Name of Post||Age (in years)||Essential Educational & Professional Qualification||Skill test norms on computer|
|Head Constable (Ministerial)||18 - 25||10+2 / Intermediate from any recognized Board / University or equivalent||Hindi typing – At least 30 words per minute on computer|
English typing - At least 35 words per minute on computer
|Assistant Sub-Inspector (Stenographer)||18 - 25||10+2 / Intermediate from any recognized Board / University or equivalent||Transcription time- 65 minutes in Hindi |
50 minutes in English
Dictation- 10 minutes @ 80 words per minute
|ASI (Dental Technician)||20- 30||10+2 / Intermediate with Science from any recognized Board / Institution along with Diploma in Dental Hygienist Course of 2 years’ duration recognized by Dental Council of India or State / Central Govt. |
Must have 1 year working experience in any reputed hospital on the post of Dental Technician
|ASI (Operation Theatre Technician||20 – 30||10+2 / Intermediate with Science from any recognized Board / Institution along with either a certificate in Operation Theatre Assistant cum Central Sterile supply Assistant or Diploma in Operation Theatre Technician from any recognized institution|
Must have 2 years’ working experience in any reputed hospital on the post of operation theatre Technician
|ASI (Radiographer)||20 – 30||10+2 / Intermediate with Science from any recognized Board / Institution along with Diploma in Radio diagnosis of 2 years’ duration from any recognized institution of either Central or State government|
Must have 1 year working experience in Radiological department of a hospital recognized by State / Central Govt.
|ASI (Pharmacist)||20 - 30||10+2 / Intermediate with Science from any recognized Board / Institution along with either degree or diploma in Pharmacy from any recognized institution of either Central or State government|
As per the Pharmacy Act, 1948 (8 of 1948), applicant should be registered as a Pharmacist
|SI (Staff Nurse female)||21 – 30||10+2 / Intermediate with Science from any recognized Board / Institution along with Diploma in General Nursing of 3 years’ duration from an Institution recognized by either State / Central Govt. |
Should be registered with State / Central Nursing Council
Must have 2 years’ working experience in any reputed hospital
Relaxation in upper age is available for applicants of reserved categories as shown below
|Category||Permissible relaxation in upper age limit (in years)|
|SC / ST||5|
|Applicants of families affected by either 1984 riots or 2002 Gujarat communal riots||10 (SC / ST)|
5 (Unreserved / general)
|Government servant with at least 3 years of continuous service||5|
|For more details, please go through official notification or click here|
SSB Recruitment 2021 Application Form
The Office of the Director-General, Sashastra Seema Bal will accept online applications for the posts of SI, ASI, and HC through the website www.ssbrectt.gov.in. The closing date of receipt of applications is 30 (thirty) days from the date of release of the official advertisement i.e. 16 August 2021.
SSB Recruitment – How To Apply?
Before filling up the application form, interested & eligible candidates are advised to go through the detailed advertisement along with instructions available on the SSB Recruitment website.
- Open the SSB Recruitment website or click here
- Click on the respective ‘Apply Online’ tab/button
- Select the post for which you want to apply
- Enter your first, middle & last name as per your matriculation mark sheet/certificate
- Fill in your father’s / husband’s name and mother’s name
- Select your date of birth, nationality, religion, and marital status
- Fill your category and community
- Select further options as per your eligibility
- Enter your Aadhaar no., identification marks, mobile no. & email ID
- Provide your educational qualification details
- Enter your permanent address as per as postal address
- Create your own password
- Click on the ‘Proceed’ tab/button
- Edit details if you want to make any changes in your filled application form
- Otherwise, go to ‘Part-II’ of your online application
- Scan and upload your passport size photo in 8-JPG format; the size of the file must be greater than 4 kb but less than 12 kb of 100 x 120 pixels resolution
- Scan and upload your passport size photo in 8-JPG format; the size of the file must be greater than 4 kb but less than 12 kb of 140 x 60 pixels resolution
- Click on the ‘Upload’ button/tab
- After uploading, you will see a page having your autogenerated registration no. along with the name of the post for which you have applied
- Take a printout of the Acknowledgement and go to ‘Part-III’ to complete your online application
- Select mode of payment and pay the requisite fee
- After final submission, print your application form
SSB Application Fee Payable & Mode of Payment
- Females applying for any post including SI (Staff Nurse Female) are exempted from payment of examination fees
- Ex-servicemen & SC / ST candidates are exempted from payment of examination fees
- Other candidates will have to pay an amount of Rs. 200/- towards examination fees
- Examination fees should be paid through credit card/debit card / net-banking
SSB Recruitment 2021 Selection Process
First, Signature, Photo, and Bio-metric capturing will be taken for those candidates who will reach the recruitment venue with admit cards. Then, the different stages of the recruitment process will be conducted.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET) (Common for all posts)
It will be of qualifying in nature for all the applicants. To qualify PET, male applicants will have to complete a 3.2 km race in 14 minutes whereas female applicants will have to complete a 1.6 km race in 8.30 minutes. However, applicants belonging to the ex-servicemen category are exempted from the physical efficiency test.
Physical Standard Test (PST)
Those who qualify PET will have to undergo PST. It will be only for those candidates who qualify PET. Meeting the minimum chest & height requirement is mandatory for all the candidates including ESM otherwise their candidature will be canceled.
For HC (Ministerial) & ASI (Stenographer)
|Description||Min. Height in Cms.||Chest in Cms. (only for male applicants|
|For applicants belonging to ST category||162.5||150||76||5|
|For applicants belonging to States of J&K, Himachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Assam, Mizoram, Tripura, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Sikkim & Marathas, Dogras, Gorkhas, Kumaonis, Garhwalis applicants||162.5||150||77||5|
|For other applicants||165||155||77||5|
For ASIs (Operation Theatre Technician, Dental Technician, Pharmacist & Radiographer)
|Description||Min. Height in Cms.||Chest in Cms. (only for male applicants|
|For applicants belonging to ST category||162.5||150||76||5|
|For applicants belonging to States of J&K, Himachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Assam, Mizoram, Tripura, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Sikkim & Marathas, Dogras, Gorkhas, Kumaonis, Garhwalis applicants||165||155||78||5|
|For other applicants||170||157||80||5|
For SI (Staff Nurse Female)
|Description||Min. Height in Cms. (only for females)|
|For applicants belonging to ST category||150|
|For applicants belonging to States of J&K, Himachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Assam, Mizoram, Tripura, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Sikkim & Marathas, Dogras, Gorkhas, Kumaonis, Garhwalis applicants||155|
|For other applicants||157|
Note – the weight of candidates must be proportionate to age & height.
Candidates qualified in PST will have to present all original certificates/documents otherwise their candidature will be rejected.
After the qualifying documentation round, candidates will have to appear in a written examination consisting of Paper I & Paper-II (Technical Written Examination) / skill test.
Paper I (common for all posts)
It will be conducted for all posts and have 100 objective type questions to be solved in 120 minutes. Each MCQ will be of 1 mark. MCQs will be on General Reasoning, Quantitative aptitude, Numerical Ability, General Knowledge, and General Hindi / General English. It will be qualifying in nature. Qualifying marks for Paper-I will be
- for SC & ST including Ex-Servicemen – 45% &
- for Unreserved & OBC including Ex-Servicemen. – 50 %
Paper-II Technical written exam for ASIs (Dental Technician, Radiographer, Pharmacist & Operation Theatre Technician) & SI (Staff Nurse Female)
- Contains 100 Objective type questions from respective technical subject
- It will be of 2 hours duration
- Marks obtained by candidates in Paper-II (Technical Written Examination) will be used to prepare a final merit list for the posts of ASIs (Dental Technician, Radiographer, Pharmacist & Operation Theatre Technician) & SI (Staff Nurse Female)
- Selection of candidates on the same posts will be made on the basis of merit of order available in the final merit list
Paper-II Descriptive exam for HC (Ministerial) & ASI (Steno)
- Contains four-section – letter writing, precis writing, essay writing & comprehension
- Each section will be of 25 marks
- Precis and comprehension sections should be answered in English only
- Essay writing & Letter writing sections can be answered in either Hindi or in English
Skill test norms on the computer for HC (Ministerial) & ASI (Steno)
Candidates qualified in Paper I & Paper II will be called for a skill test. It will be qualifying in nature. The Final selection of candidates on said post will be done on the basis of marks scored in Paper I & Paper-II.
Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
Candidates who qualify written examination will be called for a detailed medical examination to be conducted as per the medical guidelines issued by ADG. For the convenience of aspirants, SSB has placed medical guidelines on its official website.
SSB 2021 Admit Cards ( SI, ASI & Head Constable)
Candidates will have to report to the recruitment venue according to the information available on their SSB admit cards. Admit cards will be available to download from the recruitment website of SSB and have the info about the location of PET, PST & documentation.
How To Download Admit Cards?
- Open SSB recruitment website
- Find and click on the relevant download link of admit card
- Enter your registration no & password
- Click on tab ‘Submit’
- Your admit card will be downloaded within a few seconds
- Print your admit card
SSB SI, ASI & Head Constable 2021 Result
SSB’s final result announcement should take place after all stages of examination. Results will be announced through the SSB Recruitment website. Therefore, candidates who will take part in the upcoming SSB Recruitment 2021 are requested to visit the website regularly after going through each stage of the examination.
SSB 2021 Pay Scale / Salary For SI, ASI & Head Constable
- Head Constables (Ministerial) – Rs.25,500/- per month | Level-4
- Sub-Inspector (Staff Nurse Female) only for female – Rs.35,400/- per month | Level-6
- ASIs (for all posts / trades) – Rs.29,200/- per month | Level-5
Salary will be as per 7th CPC along with other applicable allowances as per Government orders. Applicable other allowances are- Ration Money Allowance, Dearness Allowance, HRA, etc.