Sashastra Seema Bal 2018 Application Form For SI, ASI & Head Constable : SSB recruitment 2018 for the posts of Group- ‘B’ and ‘C’ Non-Gazetted (Combatised) has been started. The Office of the Director General, Sashastra Seema Bal has started accepting online applications from Indian citizens against 181 vacancies of the following posts
- Sub-Inspector (only for female)
- Assistant Sub-Inspector
- Head Constable
Candidates looking for a career in Sashastra Seema Bal which come under Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India must apply to any of the aforementioned posts by filling up and submitting application through the website www.ssbrectt.gov.in. The last date is 9th Sep 2018. Before applying online, interested candidates should check few things such as date of release of official notification, eligibility conditions, pay scale, vacancy details, fee payable and mode of payment, how to apply, selection process, call letters, final selection and announcement of results etc.
SSB SI, ASI & Head Constable 2018 Notification
On 11th Aug 2018, the Assistant Director (Rectt.) at Sashastra Seema Bal, New Delhi has released and published an official advertisement on SSB’s official website against advertisement no. ‘337 / RC / SSB / Para (Medical) / 2018’ for conducting a recruitment exercise for vacancies of Group- ‘B’ and ‘C’ Non-Gazetted (Combatised) available in Sashastra Seema Bal, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. To read / download SSB recruitment 2018 official notification, please click here.
Post Wise Details Of Vacancies
|Name of Posts||No. of vacancies|
|Head Constable (Ministerial)||74|
|ASI (Dental Technician)||02|
|ASI (Operation Theatre Technician)||02|
|SI (Staff Nurse Female)||23|
Note- No. of vacancies may decrease or increase without informing candidates. To know category wise no. of vacancies please refer to official advertisement.
SSB Recruitment 2018 Overview
|Name of the Examination||Sashastra Seema Bal Recruitment 2018|
|Also known as||SSB Recruitment 2018|
|Conducted by||Sashastra Seema Bal|
|Date of release of advertisement||11th Aug 2018|
|Advertisement No.||337 / RC / SSB / Para (Medical) / 2018|
|Name of Posts||Sub-Inspector, Assistant Sub-Inspector & Head Constable|
|Number of Vacancies||181|
|Dates for attempting online applications||11th Aug – 9th Sep, 2018|
|Dates for submitting examination fees||11th Aug – 9th Sep, 2018|
|Selection process||Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST), Documentation, Written Examination & Detailed Medical Examination (DME)|
|Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Standard Test (PST) shall be on||-|
|Call letters for written exam shall be available to download from||-|
|Written Examination shall be conducted on||-|
|Question papers & keys shall be available on SSB recruitment website||After 2 days of written exam|
|Declaration of provisional result||After 10 days|
|OMR sheets, marks & purified keys shall be available||After 15 days|
|Declaration of final result of written examination||After 25 days|
|Declaration of list having names of candidates to be called for skill test (if applicable)||After 30 days|
|Skill test (if applicable) shall be on||-|
|Detailed Medical Examination (DME) shall be on||-|
|Official website / Apply online @||www.ssbrectt.gov.in|
SSB SI, ASI & Head Constable 2018 Eligibility Conditions (As on 9th Sep 2018)
|Name of Post||Age (in years)||Essential Educational & Professional Qualification||Skill test norms on computer|
|Head Constable (Ministerial)||18 - 25||10+2 / Intermediate from any recognized Board / University or equivalent||Hindi typing – At least 30 words per minute on computer
English typing - At least 35 words per minute on computer
|Assistant Sub-Inspector (Stenographer)||18 - 25||10+2 / Intermediate from any recognized Board / University or equivalent||Transcription time- 65 minutes in Hindi
50 minutes in English
Dictation- 10 minutes @ 80 words per minute
|ASI (Dental Technician)||20- 30||10+2 / Intermediate with Science from any recognized Board / Institution along with Diploma in Dental Hygienist Course of 2 years’ duration recognized by Dental Council of India or State / Central Govt. |
Must have 1 year working experience in any reputed hospital on the post of Dental Technician
|ASI (Operation Theatre Technician||20 – 30||10+2 / Intermediate with Science from any recognized Board / Institution along with either a certificate in Operation Theatre Assistant cum Central Sterile supply Assistant or Diploma in Operation Theatre Technician from any recognized institution|
Must have 2 years’ working experience in any reputed hospital on the post of operation theatre Technician
|ASI (Radiographer)||20 – 30||10+2 / Intermediate with Science from any recognized Board / Institution along with Diploma in Radio diagnosis of 2 years’ duration from any recognized institution of either Central or State government|
Must have 1 year working experience in Radiological department of a hospital recognized by State / Central Govt.
|ASI (Pharmacist)||20 - 30||10+2 / Intermediate with Science from any recognized Board / Institution along with either degree or diploma in Pharmacy from any recognized institution of either Central or State government|
As per the Pharmacy Act, 1948 (8 of 1948), applicant should be registered as a Pharmacist
|SI (Staff Nurse female)||21 – 30||10+2 / Intermediate with Science from any recognized Board / Institution along with Diploma in General Nursing of 3 years’ duration from an Institution recognized by either State / Central Govt. |
Should be registered with State / Central Nursing Council
Must have 2 years’ working experience in any reputed hospital
Relaxation in upper age is available for applicants of reserved categories as shown below
|Category||Permissible relaxation in upper age limit (in years)|
|SC / ST||5|
|Applicants of families affected by either 1984 riots or 2002 Gujarat communal riots||10 (SC / ST)
5 (Unreserved / general)
|Government servant with at least 3 years of continuous service||5|
|For more details, please go through official notification or click here|
SSB Recruitment 2018 Application Form
The Office of the Director General, Sashastra Seema Bal is accepting online applications for the posts of SI, ASI and HC through the website www.ssbrectt.gov.in. As per official advertisement, the closing date of receipt of applications is 30 (thirty) days from the date of release of official advertisement i.e. 9th Sep 2018.
SSB Recruitment – How To Apply?
Before filling up the application form, interested & eligible candidates are advised to go through the detailed advertisement along with instructions available on SSB Recruitment website.
- Open SSB Recruitment website or click here
- Click on the respective ‘Apply Online’ tab / button
- Select the post for which you want to apply
- Enter your first, middle & last name as per your matriculation mark sheet / certificate
- Fill your father’s / husband’s name and mother’s name
- Select your date of birth, nationality, religion and marital status
- Fill your category and community
- Select further options as per your eligibility
- Enter your Aadhaar no., identification marks, mobile no. & email ID
- Provide your educational qualification details
- Enter your permanent address as per as postal address
- Create your own password
- Click on ‘Proceed’ tab / button
- Edit details if you want to make any changes in your filled application form
- Otherwise, go to ‘Part-II’ of your online application
- Scan and upload your passport size photo in 8-JPG format; size of file must be greater than 4 kb but less than 12 kb of 100 x 120 pixels resolution
- Scan and upload your passport size photo in 8-JPG format; size of file must be greater than 4 kb but less than 12 kb of 140 x 60 pixels resolution
- Click on ‘Upload’ button / tab
- After uploading, you will see a page having your autogenerated registration no. along with name of the post for which you have applied
- Take print out of the Acknowledgement and go to ‘Part-III’ to complete your online application
- Select mode of payment and pay requisite fee
- After final submission, print your application form
Fee Payable & Mode of Payment
- Females applying for any post including SI (Staff Nurse female) are exempted from payment of examination fees
- Ex-servicemen & SC / ST candidates are exempted from payment of examination fees
- Other candidates will have to pay an amount of Rs. 100/- towards examination fees
- Examination fees should be paid through credit card / debit card / net-banking
SSB Recruitment 2018 Selection Process
Firstly, signature, photo and bio-metric exam will be taken of those candidates who will reach at the recruitment venue with admit card. Then, different stages of recruitment process will be conducted.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET) (common for all posts)
It will be of qualifying in nature for all the applicants. To qualify PET, male applicants will have to complete a 3.2 kms race in 14 minutes whereas female applicants will have to complete a 1.6 kms race in 8.30 minutes. However, applicants belonging to ex-servicemen category are exempted from physical efficiency test.
Physical Standard Test (PST)
Those who qualify PET will have to undergo PST. It will be only for those candidates who qualify PET. Meeting the minimum chest & height requirement is mandatory for all the candidates including ESM otherwise their candidature will be cancelled.
For HC (Ministerial) & ASI (Stenographer)
|Description||Min. Height in Cms.||Chest in Cms. (only for male applicants|
|For applicants belonging to ST category||162.5||150||76||5|
|For applicants belonging to States of J&K, Himachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Assam, Mizoram, Tripura, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Sikkim & Marathas, Dogras, Gorkhas, Kumaonis, Garhwalis applicants||162.5||150||77||5|
|For other applicants||165||155||77||5|
For ASIs (Operation Theatre Technician, Dental Technician, Pharmacist & Radiographer)
|Description||Min. Height in Cms.||Chest in Cms. (only for male applicants|
|For applicants belonging to ST category||162.5||150||76||5|
|For applicants belonging to States of J&K, Himachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Assam, Mizoram, Tripura, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Sikkim & Marathas, Dogras, Gorkhas, Kumaonis, Garhwalis applicants||165||155||78||5|
|For other applicants||170||157||80||5|
For SI (Staff Nurse Female)
|Description||Min. Height in Cms. (only for females)|
|For applicants belonging to ST category||150|
|For applicants belonging to States of J&K, Himachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Assam, Mizoram, Tripura, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Sikkim & Marathas, Dogras, Gorkhas, Kumaonis, Garhwalis applicants||155|
|For other applicants||157|
Note – weight of a candidates must be proportionate to age & height.
Candidates qualified in PST will have to present all original certificates / documents otherwise their candidature will be rejected.
After qualifying documentation round, candidates will have to appear in written examination consisting of Paper I & Paper II (Technical Written Examination) / skill test.
Paper I (common for all posts)
It will be conducted for all posts and have 100 objective type questions to be solved in 120 minutes. Each MCQ will be of 1 mark. MCQs will be on General Reasoning, Quantitative aptitude, Numerical ability, General Knowledge and General Hindi / General English. It will be qualifying in nature. Qualifying marks for Paper-I will be
- for SC & ST including Ex-Servicemen – 45% &
- for Unreserved & OBC including Ex-Servicemen. – 50 %
Paper II Technical written exam for ASIs (Dental Technician, Radiographer, Pharmacist & Operation Theatre Technician) & SI (Staff Nurse female)
- Contains 100 Objective type questions from respective technical subject
- It will be of 2 hours duration
- Marks obtained by candidates in Paper-II (Technical Written Examination) will be used to prepare a final merit list for the posts of ASIs (Dental Technician, Radiographer, Pharmacist & Operation Theatre Technician) & SI (Staff Nurse female)
- Selection of candidates on the same posts will be made on the basis of merit of order available in final merit list
Paper II Descriptive exam for HC (Ministerial) & ASI (Steno)
- Contains four section- letter writing, precis writing, essay writing & comprehension
- Each section will be of 25 marks
- Precis and comprehension sections should be answered in English only
- Essay writing & Letter writing sections can be answered in either Hindi or in English
Skill test norms on computer for HC (Ministerial) & ASI (Steno)
Candidates qualified in Paper I & Paper II will be called for skill test. It will be qualifying in nature. Final selection of candidates on said post will be done on the basis of marks scored in Paper I & Paper II.
Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
Candidates who qualify written examination will be called for a detailed medical examination to be conducted as per the medical guidelines issued by ADG. For convenience of aspirants, SSB has placed medical guidelines on its official website.
Note- for further details & clarifications, please go through official advertisement or click here.
SSB 2018 Admit Cards ( SI, ASI & Head Constable)
Candidates will have to report to the recruitment venue according to the information available on their admit cards. Admit cards will be available to download from the recruitment website of SSB and have the info about the location of PET, PST & documentation.
How To Download Admit Cards?
- Open SSB recruitment website
- Find and click on relevant download link of admit card
- Enter your registration no & password
- Click on tab ‘Submit’
- Your admit card will be downloaded within few seconds
- Print your admit card
SSB SI, ASI & Head Constable 2018 Results
Final result announcement should take place after all stages of examination. Results will be announced through the SSB Recruitment website. Therefore, candidates who will take part in upcoming SSB Recruitment 2018 are requested to visit the website regularly after going through each stage of examination.
SSB 2018 Pay Scale / Salary For SI, ASI & Head Constable
- Head Constables (Ministerial) – Rs.25,500/- per month | Level-4
- Sub-Inspector (Staff Nurse female) only for female – Rs.35,400/- per month | Level-6
- ASIs (for all posts / trades) – Rs.29,200/- per month | Level-5
Salary will be as per 7th CPC along with other applicable allowances as per Government orders. Applicable other allowances are- Ration Money Allowance, Dearness Allowance, HRA etc.
We wish you Best of Luck for SSB SI, ASI & Head Constable Recruitment 2018