SSC CGL Apply Online 2021 : SSC GGL 2021 Application Form has been released on 29 December 2020 on the official website of Staff Selection Commission @ ssc.nic.in/. SSC CGL 2021 is a national-level recruitment event to be conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for filling up 6506 vacancies of Group B & Group C posts available in several Organizations / Ministries / Departments in the Government of India.
- Interested candidates can apply online for SSC CGL 2021 till 31st January 2021 (23:30 Hrs).
- Candidates can pay the SSC CGL application fee online on or before 2nd Feb 2021 till 23:30 Hrs and offline using bank challan till 6th Feb 2021. The last date to generate an offline challan is 4th Feb 2021 (23:30 Hrs).
- SSC will recruit nearly 6506 candidates on various posts through SSC CGL 2021. Posts-wise number of vacancies will be disclosed by the Commission at least one month before the announcement of the final results.
Certain eligibility conditions with respect to citizenship, age limit, and educational qualification must be fulfilled to become eligible for SSC CGL 2021 which vary according to post applying for. Interested candidates should ensure that they meet the prescribed eligibility conditions and fill the online application form before the last date.
SSC CGL 2021 Overview
|Examination name||SSC CGL 2021|
|Also known as||SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination|
|Conducting body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Notification available on||29 Dec 2020|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Start of Registration||29 Dec 2020|
|End of Registration||31st Jan 2021 (23:30)|
|Last date for making online fee payment||2nd Feb 2021 (23:30)|
|Challan Generation last date||4th Feb 2021 (23:30)|
|Last date for payment through Challan||6th Feb 2021 (during bank’s working hours)|
SSC CGL 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for SSC CGL 2021 must know eligibility criteria related to nationality/citizenship, age limit & relaxation, and educational qualification.
A candidate should be either,
- An Indian citizen, OR
- A subject of Nepal / Bhutan, OR
- A Tibetan refugee who is permanently living in India before 01 Jan 1962, OR
- A Person of Indian Origin who migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Malawi, Zaire, Zambia, Ethiopia, the United Republic of Tanzania, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Candidates other than Indian citizens are required to produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Indian Government at the time of document verification.
Age Limit (As on 1st Jan 2021)
- For the post of Junior Statistical Officer in the Ministry of Statistics & Program Implementation, candidates up to 32 years old age will be eligible to apply.
- For the posts of Assistant Audit Officer, Assistant Accounts Officer in Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG, candidates should not be more than 30 years.
All the candidates should note down that calculation of age will be based on the date of birth as mentioned in the secondary /10th/matriculation examination certificate. Post wise age limit and other details can be checked below.
|Pay Level – 8 (Rs. 47600 to Rs. 151100)|
|Name of Post||Ministry / Department / Office Cadre||Classification of Posts||Age Limit|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG||Group ‘B’ Gazetted (Non Ministerial)||Up to 30 years|
|Assistant Accounts Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG||Group ‘B’ Gazetted (Non Ministerial)||Up to 30 years|
|Pay Level – 7 (Rs. 44900 to Rs. 142400)|
|Assistant Section Officer||Central Secretarial Service||Group B||20 to 30 years|
|Assistant Sectional Officer||Intelligence Bureau||Group B||Up to 30 years|
|Assistant Sectional Officer||Ministry of Railway||Group B||20 to 30 years|
|Assistant Section Officer||Ministry of External Affairs||Group B||20 to 30 years|
|Assistant Section Officer||AFHQ||Group B||20 to 30 years|
|Assistant||Other||Group B||18 to 30 years|
|Assistant||Other||Group B||20 to 30 years|
|Assistant Section Officer||Other||Group B||Up to 30 years|
|Inspector, (Central Excise)||CBEC||Group B||Up to 30 years|
|Inspector (Preventive Officer)||CBEC||Group B||Up to 30 years|
|Inspector (Examiner)||CBEC||Group B||Up to 30 years|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer||Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue||Group B||Up to 30 years|
|Sub Inspector||Central Bureau of Investigation||Group B||20 to 30 years|
|Inspector Posts||Department of Post||Group B||18 to 30 years|
|Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||Group B||Up to 30 years|
|Pay Level – 6 (Rs. 35400 to Rs.112400)|
|Assistant||Other Ministries / Departments / Organizations||Group B||Up to 30 years|
|Assistant / Superintendent||Other Ministries / Departments / Organizations||Group B||Up to 30 years|
|Divisional Accountant||Offices under CAG||Group B||Up to 30 years|
|Sub Inspector||National Investigation Agency (NIA)||Group B||Up to 30 years|
|Junior Statistical officer||M/o Statistics & Programme Implementation||Group B||Up to 32 years|
|Statistical Investigator Grade – II||Registrar General of India||Group B||Up to 30 years|
|Pay Level – 5 (Rs. 29200 to Rs.92300)|
|Auditor||Offices Under C & AG||Group C||18 to 27 years|
|Auditor||Other Ministry / Departments||Group C||18 to 27 years|
|Auditor||Offices Under CGDA||Group C||18 to 27 years|
|Accountant||Officers Under C & AG||Group C||18 to 27 years|
|Accountant / Junior Accountant||Other Ministry / Departments||Group C||18 to 27 years|
|Pay Level – 4 (Rs. 25500 to Rs. 81100)|
|Senior Secretariat Assistant / Upper Division Clerk||Central Government Offices / Ministries other than CSCS cadres||Group C||18 to 27 years|
|Tax Assistant||CBDT||Group C||18 to 27 years|
|Tax Assistant||CBIC||Group C||18 to 27 years|
|Sub Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||Group C||18 to 27 years|
|Upper Division Clerks||Dte. Gen Border Road Organization (MoD) (only for male candidates)||Group C||18 to 27 years|
In order to become eligible for SSC CGL, candidates should not be born before and after a certain date according to the age limit for different posts as prescribed in the table below.
|Age Limit||Not Born Before||Not Born After|
|18 to 27 years||January 2, 1993||January 1, 2002|
|20 to 27 years||January 2, 1993||January 1, 2000|
|18 to 30 years||January 2, 1990||January 1, 2002|
|20 to 30 years||January 2, 1990||January 1, 2000|
|Up to 30 years||January 2, 1990||January 1, 2002|
|Up to 32 years||January 2, 1988||January 1, 2002|
Relaxation in the upper age limit will be given as per Government of India orders to the candidates of special categories. For category wise age relaxation, look at the table below.
|Category||Age relaxation (in years)|
|PH + OBC||13|
|PH + SC/ST||15|
|Ex-servicemen (ExS)||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date|
|Candidates who lived in J&K from 01 Jan 1980 to 31 Dec 1989||5 years|
|Defence personnel disabled during combat||3 years (8 years for SC / ST)|
|For Group ‘C’ posts|
|Divorced Women / Widows / Women judicially separated and who are not remarried||Up to 35 years of age (40 years of age for SC / ST)|
|Central Govt. civilian employees who have completed 3 years of regular & continuous service||Up to 40 years of age (45 years of age for SC / ST)|
|For Group ‘B’ Gazetted posts|
|Ex Servicemen (including commissioned officers and ECOs / SSCOs) with minimum 5 years of service||Up to 5 years|
Post-wise Essential Qualifications
|Junior Statistical Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as one of the main subjects|
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized Institute/University with minimum 60% Marks in Mathematics at intermediate/12th level
|Statistical Investigator Grade II||Graduate degree in any subject from a recognized university with Statistics as one of the main subject|
Note: candidate should have studied statistics in all three years of graduation
|Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer||Desirable Qualifications: Company Secretary or cost & Management Accountant or Chartered Accountant or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Economics or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Studies|
Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized Institute/University
|All other posts||Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent|
Note: Candidates who are appearing for their final year of degree can also apply but they have to obtain the essential qualification on or before 01-01-2021.
SSC CGL 2021 Application Form
Application forms for SSC CGL 2021 will be available online on SSC official website. Interested candidates have to fill and submit an online application to apply for SSC CGL 2021 from 29th Dec 2020 to 31st Jan 2021. The online application will contain two parts:
- Part I Registration of Application
- Part II Filling up of Application
Part I Registration of Application
- Go to SSC’s official website @ https://ssc.nic.in/
- Under the login section, find and click on ‘New User? Register Now’ link
- Write your ‘Aadhaar No.’ or any other ID no.
- Enter and verify your name as mentioned in the matriculation certificate
- Enter and verify your father’s / mother’s names as mentioned in the matriculation certificate
- Enter and verify your date of birth
- Select and verify your education board
- Enter and verify your roll number and year of passing
- Enter and verify ‘Gender’
- Select your highest level of educational qualification
- Enter and verify your mobile number
- Enter and verify your email ID
- Select State / UT of permanent address
- Check all the filled details then click on tab ‘Save’
- Check your email ID and mobile number then click on the tab ‘Confirm’
- Your registration number will be displayed on the screen; you will also get your registration number and password on your mobile number and email ID
- Use your registration ID and password to log in
- On the first login, you will be prompted to change the password
- Change password and set a new password
- Once again, log in using the registration number and a new password
- On login, you will see your registration details filled by you
- After going through ‘Basic details’, click on tab ‘Next’ to fill additional and contact details in your online application
- Select your category then nationality
- Write detail about visible identification mark
- Write detail about benchmark disabilities, if any
- Write details of your permanent and present address
- Click on tab ‘Save’ to proceed further
- Upload scanned file of your photo and signature in JPEG format
- Click on tab ‘Final Submit’ then confirm your photo and signature
- Enter and submit any one OTP
- Your registration is successful
- Now, go to part II of the SSC CGL online application process
Part II Filling up of Application
- Login with registration no. and password to proceed
- Find and click on the ‘Apply’ link available under the ‘Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2021’
- Your ‘Basic Details’ will be displayed
- Select ‘Examination Centres’
- Enter detail about ‘Ex-servicemen’, if applicable
- Enter detail about ‘Cerebral-Palsy’, if applicable
- Select option ‘Yes’, if you seeking age relaxation otherwise ‘No’
- Select your highest level of educational qualification
- Read and accept the declaration
- Click on tab ‘Submit’ to proceed further to make payment
- Payment of application fee can be made in both online as well as offline modes
- Select any mode of payment and complete the rest of the formalities
- After making the payment successfully, print your application and keep it safe for future reference
Note: Candidates’ online application will be incomplete without payment of application fee if not exempted from payment of application fee.
SSC CGL 2021 Application Fee
As per Government of India orders, there will be no application fee for women candidates, applicants’ belonging to ex-servicemen, scheduled tribe, scheduled caste, and physically handicapped categories. The rest of the candidates (OBC / UR) have to pay Rs. 100/- as their SSC CGL application fee.
|SSC CGL 2019 Application fee|
|Category||Fee (in Rs.)|
|Males of General / OBC||100/-|
|Females of all categories||0|
|Persons with disabilities||0|
|Candidates of SC / ST category||0|
- The applicants applying for the submission of application fees can pay their fees through either online or offline mode.
- To pay the application fee online, a candidate has to use net banking or credit/debit card of any bank or BHIM UPI.
- For offline fee submission, a candidate has to submit the application fee in cash along with system generated challan in any nearest branch of SBI (during the bank’s working hours) till 6th Feb 2021.
- Candidates applicable for submission of application fee should know that the fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstance.
Documents Required To Apply Online
- Academic mark sheets/certificates
- Aadhaar no. or number of any other photo ID (acceptable photo IDs are – Employer ID (Govt./ PSU/ Private) / Voter ID Card / Driving License / Passport / PAN / School / College ID)
- Mobile number and valid email ID
- Disability certificate no., if applicable
- Scanned photo & signature in JPEG format
- Size should be between 20 kb to 50 kb for Photo
- 10 kb to 20 kb for signature
- Photo dimension should be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- Signature dimension should be 4.0 cm x 3.0 cm
- Applications having blurred signature or photo will be rejected
SSC CGL 2021 Regional Helpline Numbers
Below we have provided regional helpline numbers, a candidate may dial the respective number for clarifications or queries regarding filling/submitting online applications.
|S.No.||Regional office location||Helpline numbers|
|1||SSC(NER), Guwahati||09085073593, 09085015252|
|2||SSC(NWR), Chandigarh||09915509204, 09915509331|
|3||SSC(KKR), Bangalore||08025502520, 09483862020|
|4||SSC(MPR) Raipur||09407921504, 09407921505|
|5||SSC(ER), Kolkata||09477461228, 09477461229|
|6||SSC(WR), Mumbai||09869730700, 07738422705|
|7||SSC(SR), Chennai||09445195946, 04428251139|
|8||SSC(CR), Allahabad||05322460511, 05326541021|
|9||SSC(NR), New Delhi||01164715222, 01165021888, 01124363343, 01124360840|
SSC CGL 2021 Application Form FAQs
Q. When SSC CGL 2021 Application Forms Will Become Available?
A. SSC CGL 2021 application form will be available on 29th Dec 2020.
Q. I’m 27 Years Old. Am I Eligible To Apply For ‘Assistant Audit Officer’ In Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG’?
A. Yes, you are eligible to apply.
Q. What Are The Essential Educational Qualifications For ‘Junior Statistical Officer’ Post?
A. As of 01 Jan 2021, candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline and studied Statistics as the main subject at degree level OR they have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline and scored a minimum of 60% marks in Mathematics in class 12th.
Q. I Have A Bachelor’s Degree Of A Recognized University. Am I Eligible To Apply For ‘Assistant’ Post?
A. Yes, you are eligible to apply.
Q. How Much Is The SSC CGL Application Fee?
A. Male candidates who belong to the General and OBC category will have to pay Rs. 100/- as SSC CGL application fee. Females of all categories and Male candidates of the SC / ST category, ex-servicemen, and people with disabilities will be exempted from the payment of the SSC CGL Application Fee.