The present talk among aspiring candidates is the notification issued by the Staff Selection Commission for the recruitment of suitable candidates for the General Duty Constable position. Candidates hired through this recruitment will be placed for different services like BSF, CRPF, etc in Assam Rifles. With the application process to begin on the 24th of July 2018, candidates are interested in knowing when they can expect the results for the SSC GD Constable 2018 recruitment.
SSC GD Constable 2018 Tentative Result Date
In general, the Staff Selection Commission publishes the results for the SSC GD Constable recruitment two to three months after the date of the written test. So, candidates can keep checking the website of the Staff Selection Commission two months after the written test for recruitment. Candidates can check their results from the official website of SSC at ssc.nic.in/.
Where To Find Results?
The applied candidates will find a tab called result in the top right corner of the website of SSC at http://ssc.nic.in/. When they click on this icon, they will be taken to a page that contains links to the result page of different recruitment tests like CGL, CHSL, etc. Candidates will have to click on the appropriate link that shows as “Constable-GD”. When they click on this tab, they will find result page with different columns like Uploaded date, examination name and year, write up, result and marks.
How To Check SSC GD 2018 Results?
In the above-mentioned web page of SSC, candidates will be asked to provide their personal details like Registration number and Date of Birth. When they provide these details, they will get the results.
What Will The Result Display?
The result card will display the details given below:
- Student name
- Roll Number
- Section-wise marks obtained by the candidate
- Total marks secured in the marks in aggregate
Important Points To Remember
- The SSC will announce the results from at least two months to utmost three months from the date of the online written test.
- The applicants can check the results online through the website of SSC.
- Only the candidates scoring the minimum cut-off will get the scorecard for the written test.
- After the declaration of results of the written test, SSC will release a merit list. Only candidates clearing the written test will be called to attend the medical test.
- Only candidates getting through the medical test will be eligible for recruitment to the constable position. Otherwise, even if a candidate passes in written test, but do not score in the medical test, he/she will be disqualified.
How Is The Minimum Cut-Off Decided?
The Staff Selection Commission will decide the minimum cut-off require for the online written test based on different factors. The factors include:
- Number of Applicants
- Number of candidates, who took the examination
- Reservation Norms
- Previous year scoring trends
- Number of vacancies
- Written test question paper difficulty level
- Previous year cut-off score
- Marketing scheme of SSC.
After considering the above-mentioned factors, the SSC will set a minimum cut-off for SSC GD Constable Recruitment. Only the candidates reaching this cut-off score will qualify for the medical test in the recruitment process. SSC will release the minimum qualifying marks for different categories like SC, ST, General and OBC. So, candidates should secure the minimum percentages based on their category to qualify for the medical test, which is the next step in the selection of right candidates for the General Duty Constable position.
SSC GD Constable 2018 Expected Cut-off
Based on the past trends, the expected cut-off for SSC GD Constable 2018 is as follows for different forces and categories for male candidates:
Here is a table to show the expected cut-off for different categories of female candidates:
So, candidates should make sure to secure the minimum cut-off around these marks to qualify.