SSC MTS exam pattern and syllabus 2021 are explained here for the candidates preparing for the SSC Multi Tasking Staff Exam. SSC MTS selection will take place in two stages, Paper I CBT (Objective) and Paper-II Descriptive Test. Through the SSC MTS exam, the commission recruits candidates for the post of multitasking staff under the pay band of Rs 5200-20200 with an additional grade pay of Rs 1800.
SSC MTS exam is the most participated exam by the 10th passed candidates in the country. Candidates eligible for the SSC MTS exam must start the preparation for the Multi Tasking Staff exam based on the latest exam pattern and syllabus. SSC MTS posts include Chowkidar, Jamadar, Daftary, Mali, Junior Gestetner Operator, etc.
SSC MTS Important Dates
The staff selection commission has released the SSC MTS Notification on 5th Feb 2021 and the important dates are tabulated below.
|SSC MTS Event||Date|
|Starting of online application||5th Feb 2021|
|Closing of online application ||21 March 2021 (23:30 Hrs)|
|Admit card download ||2nd week of June 2021|
|SSC MTS CBT||1 July 2021 - 20 July 2021 (Postponed)|
|Paper II descriptive test||21 Nov 2021|
SSC MTS 2021 Exam Pattern
- SSC MTS exam pattern 2021 has two stages, Paper I CBT and Paper-II Descriptive Test.
- Paper 1 will be an online preliminary exam that will comprise four sections for 100 marks.
- Paper 2 will be a descriptive exam of 50 marks and qualifying in nature.
SSC MTS exam pattern 2021 is mentioned below.
SSC MTS Paper I Pattern
|Subject||No. of MCQs||No. of marks||Time Duration|
|General English ||25||25||All candidates – 90 minutes|
PH Candidates – 120 minutes
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
- Paper I will be Computer Based Exam (Online) and consist of Objective questions.
- Paper I has 4 parts – General English, General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, and General Awareness.
- Each part will have 25 questions for 25 marks.
- The total questions will be 100 for 100 marks.
- Questions will be set in both English and Hindi except the General English part.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
- The total duration of Paper 1 for all candidates is 90 minutes except PH Candidates which is 120 minutes.
SSC MTS Paper-II Pattern
|Subject||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|Short essay/ letter in English Language or any other language that has been mentioned in the 8th Schedule of the Indian Constitution.||50||All candidates – 30 minutes|
PH candidates – 45 minutes
- Candidates who fail to clear Paper 1 will not be allowed to appear for Paper 2. Candidates securing the prescribed cut off in Paper I can appear in Paper-II.
- Paper 2 is a Descriptive exam and the candidate has to write a short essay or letter in English or any other language mentioned in the VIII Schedule of the Indian Constitution.
- Paper-II is only a qualifying exam and marks scored in paper 2 will not be added in the final score.
- Paper-II is intended to test the language skills of the candidates.
- The total duration of Paper 2 for all candidates is 30 minutes except PH candidates i.e., 45 minutes
SSC MTS Syllabus 2021
As stated above, Paper 1 of the SSC MTS exam will be an online exam that would consist of four sections namely Reasoning, Quantitative aptitude, English language, and General Awareness. All four sections will have 25 questions each and the total score would be 100. Candidates need to successfully clear Paper 1 to be considered eligible for the next round.
SSC MTS Syllabus 2021 of each section is mentioned below.
- Cubes and dice
- Alphabet series
- Non-verbal series
- Number series
- Statement conclusions and Statement arguments
- Mirror image
- Embedded figures
- Blood relations
- Seating arrangement
- Clocks and calendars
- Pipes and cistern
- Boats and Streams
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Volume and Surface Area
- Time and Distance
- Allegation and Mixture
- Decimal and Fraction
- Ratio and Proportion
- Square Root and Cube Root
- Height and Distance
- Time and Work
- Problems on Ages
- Sentence Improvement
- Spotting Errors
- Spelling test
- Active and Passive voice
- Reported speech
- Passage completion
- Fill in the blanks
- Idioms and phrases
- Parts of speech
- Static GK
- General science
- Books and Authors
- Sports events
- Current affairs
- History, Polity, Geography
- Dates and Portfolios
SSC MTS Selection Process 2021
SSC MTS Selection Process 2021 involves an online exam, a descriptive exam followed by document verification. The online exam will be of 100 marks and based on the marks scored in this exam a candidate will be qualified for Paper 2, which is only a qualifying exam.
- Once the result of Paper 1 is announced, a cut-off is decided by SSC. Candidates who clear this minimum cut off marks set by SSC are then called on to appear for Paper 2.
- The commission releases separate admit cards for both exams. After the cutoff for Paper 1 is declared, an admit card for the shortlisted candidates is released.
- Paper 2 is only a qualifying exam and its score will not be taken into account while formulating the final score.
- After Paper 2 has been conducted and its results have been declared, a merit list cum scorecard is prepared. Based on the marks scored by different candidates, the number of vacancies, and the difficulty level of the exam candidates are shortlisted. The shortlisted candidates are then called for document verification and further selection.
SSC MTS Exam Date
SSC MTS 2020-21 Exam Tier I exam was scheduled to be held from 1-20th July 2021 but it has been postponed and fresh dates will be notified in due course.
Documents for Verification
There is a list of documents that need to be produced by every shortlisted candidate during the time of document verification which is mentioned below.
- Certificate of proof of education qualifications
- A government-approved valid photo ID proof
- Proof of residence
- Date of birth certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Ex-serviceman proof
- Minority certificate ( If applicable)
- Domicile certificate ( Jammu and Kashmir candidates)