SSC MTS 2021 [Apply Online, Application Form For 10000+ Vacancies] : SSC MTS Notification 2021 has been released on 5th Feb 2021 on the SSC official website. SSC MTS recruitment event is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for recruiting candidates for the post of Multi Tasking Staff in the pay band (5200-20200) along with grade pay of 1800.
SSC MTS Apply Online process will start from 5th Feb 2021 and the last date of registration is 21st March 2021. Eligible candidates must submit the SSC MTS application form online and General and OBC Male candidates must submit the MTS application fee (others exempted) online mode or offline by using a bank challan. SSC MTS Preliminary (Paper I) exam will be held online between 1 Jul – 20 Jul 2021 and Paper-II, the descriptive test exam will be held on 21st Nov 2021.
25 June 2021: SSC MTS 2020 Tier I CBT scheduled to be held from 1st to 20th Jul 2021 has been postponed and fresh dates will be announced in due course.
- Important Dates
- Age Limit
- Application Form
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Cut Off
Candidates who successfully clear all the stages of the exam are recruited under the General Central Service Group ‘C’ in several Central Government ministries/departments/offices in State Government and Union Territories.
SSC MTS 2021 Notification
SSC MTS notification 2021 has been released by the Staff Selection Committee on 5th Feb 2021. SSC MTS Notification 2021 has been released on the official website @ssc.nic.in. SSC will notify the exact number of vacancies in due course and expected to fill a total vacancy of 10000+ posts through SSC MTS 2021 Notification.
Name Of SSC MTS Posts
Following Group C posts of Multi-Tasking Staff under Central government departments are recruited through SSC MTS 2021 Notification.
- Junior Gestetner Operator
SSC MTS Important Dates
SSC MTS 2021 important dates are mentioned below.
|SSC MTS Event||Date|
|SSC MTS Online Application start||5th Feb 2021|
|Last date for receipt of application||21 March 2021 (23:30 Hrs)|
|Last date for making online fee payment||23 March 2021 (23:30 Hrs)|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan||25 March 2021 (23:30 Hrs)|
|Last date for payment through Challan||29 March 2021 (during working hours of Bank)|
|Tier I CBT||1 July 2021 - 20 Jul 2021 (Postponed)|
|Result of Tier I CBT||To be notified|
|Admit card for Tier II||Nov 2021|
|Tier-II Examination (Descriptive Paper)||21 Nov 2021|
SSC MTS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
SSC MTS eligibility 2021 is mentioned as follows.
To be eligible as a candidate for the SSC MTS exam, a candidate must qualify the mentioned criterion.
- Citizen of India (or)
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan (or)
- Tibetan refugees arrived in India before 1st January 1962 (or)
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Sri Lanka, Burma, Pakistan, or East African countries of Uganda, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Zambia, Kenya, Zaire, or Vietnam.
All candidates who belong to countries other than India are required to submit/show a Certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India. This certificate will allow them to appear for the exam.
Age Limit and Relaxation
All candidates appearing for the SSC MTS examination must be aged between 18 to 25 years of age as on 1st January 2021. SSC provides age relaxation to candidates of certain categories which are mentioned below.
|Category||Age Relaxation (In Years)||Upper Age Limit (In Years)|
|ESM||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application||-|
|Candidates who lived in J&K between 01 Jan 1980 and 31 Dec 1989||05||30|
According to the Staff Selection Committee, candidates interested to appear for the SSC MTS exam 2021 must have passed the matriculation exam or any such equivalent exam from a recognized board or university as on 1st January 2021. Any candidate who fails to clear this qualifying exam before the MTS written exam is not eligible to be a candidate for the same.
SSC MTS 2021 : How To Apply Online?
SSC will release the notification for the SSC MTS exam 2021. Candidates interested to fill the SSC MTS 2021 application form can do so only through the online mode from 5th Feb 2021 and the last date of registration is 21st March 2021. The application procedure to apply online for the post of SSC MTS has been mentioned below.
- Candidates must first log in to the official website of SSC by clicking here.
- Once the website has been opened, the link to ‘Notifications’ needs to be clicked. Under the notifications link click on SSC MTS apply online option.
- Candidates will be automatically directed to the website that carries out the entire registration process.
- Enter all the necessary details such as Personal details, Educational qualifications, Exam center options, Valid ID proof number, and other necessary details. Once all the details have been entered, click on Save and Next.
- Registration ID and Password will be generated. Note it down to use further.
- After the Registration part, proceed with the Application part.
- The candidates now need to upload their scanned image and signature according to the dimensions specified by SSC. Then click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
- The website will now direct towards the payment gateway wherein candidates are required to pay the required application fee if they do not fall under the exempted category.
- After payment submission, save the submitted system-generated final application form.
Candidates willing to take up the SSC MTS exam 2021 need to fill in the entire application form in the online mode only, no other mode will be allowed. Once they have successfully filled in the application form, candidates can make payment either online through debit card/credit card/net banking options or by generating an SBI challan and paying the required amount in the nearest SBI branch within the stipulated time.
General and OBC Male candidates are required to pay Rs. 100/- towards SSC MTS application fee, Female candidates and SC/ ST category candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
|General Category||Rs 100/-|
|All reserved category candidates||Exempted from fee payment|
|Female candidates||Exempted from fee payment|
Documents Needed While Applying
- Scanned Photograph – 30 kb to 50 kb, JPG format, 100-pixel width, and 120-pixel height
- Scanned Signature – 1 kb to 12 kb, JPG format, 140-pixel width by 60-pixel height
- Education and Personal details
- To Pay online keep ready debit/ credit/ net banking details
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2021
- SSC MTS Exam 2021 will be conducted in online mode only.
- The exam will be conducted in two stages and will have two papers – Paper I will comprise of a Written exam of 100 marks and Paper II will comprise of a Descriptive exam of 50 marks.
SSC MTS exam pattern 2021 is mentioned below.
Paper I Pattern
|Subject||No. of questions||Total marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
- The total duration of the exam is 90 minutes for the general candidates and 120 minutes for the PH candidates.
Paper II Pattern
|Short essay/ letter in English Language or any other language that has been mentioned in the 8th Schedule of the Indian Constitution. ||50|
- The total duration of the exam is 30 minutes for the general candidates and 45 minutes for the PH candidates.
- Paper II is only of a qualifying nature and is carried out only to test the language skills of candidates. Only those candidates who clear paper I will be allowed to appear for Paper-II.
SSC MTS 2021 Syllabus
Paper I of the SSC MTS exam 2021 will consist of 4 sections – Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative aptitude, and General Awareness. Each section will consist of 25 questions and the total marks will be 100. Candidates will have to meet the minimum cutoff set by SSC to be eligible for Paper-II.
SSC MTS Syllabus 2021 for each section is mentioned below.
- Cubes and dice
- Alphabet series
- Non-verbal series
- Number series
- Statement conclusions and Statement arguments
- Mirror image
- Embedded figures
- Blood relations
- Seating arrangement
- Clocks and calendars
- Pipes and cistern
- Boats and Streams
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Volume and Surface Area
- Time and Distance
- Allegation and Mixture
- Decimal and Fraction
- Ratio and Proportion
- Square Root and Cube Root
- Height and Distance
- Time and Work
- Problems on Ages
- Sentence Improvement
- Spotting Errors
- Spelling test
- Active and Passive voice
- Reported speech
- Passage completion
- Fill in the blanks
- Idioms and phrases
- Parts of speech
- Static GK
- General science
- Books and Authors
- Sports events
- Current affairs
- History, Polity, Geography
- Dates and Portfolios
SSC MTS Selection Procedure
SSC MTS selection process is a two stage process that involves a written exam of 100 marks and a descriptive exam of 50 marks that is qualifying in nature.
- After the results for Paper I is declared, a cutoff list is declared. Based on the cutoff, students are then called on to appear for Paper II.
- Paper II is qualifying in nature and marks will not be taken into account while formulating the final merit list.
- After the result of Paper II is declared a merit list is prepared and the qualifying students are called further for document verification.
Documents for Verification
- Certificate of proof of education qualifications
- A government approved valid photo ID proof
- Proof of residence
- Date of birth certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
SSC MTS 2021 Admit Card
SSC MTS admit card 2021 will be released region-wise on the official website nearly three weeks before the commencement of the exam. Candidates must regularly check the website for updates and any other information regarding the admit card as well as the exam. Without the admit card no candidate is allowed to appear for the written exam. The step by step procedure to download admit card is as follows
- Candidates must first log in to the official website of SSC i.e. https://ssc.nic.in
- Then click on the link that has been given to download the admit card
- Now, fill in the registration/application number, password/date of birth, and the security code
- The SSC MTS admit card will be flashed on the screen. Candidates must check all the details properly before downloading the admit card.
Documents For The Written Exam
- Printout of the e-admit card
- Passport size photograph
- A valid photo ID proof (name mentioned in the application form must match)
SSC MTS Result 2021
SSC releases the result for MTS in two stages. Candidates who qualify Paper I are then called on to appear for Paper II. The steps to check the result are as follows.
- Candidates must first log in to the official website of SSC
- Then click on the link that has been given to check the result
- Candidates then need to select their region and the exam they would like to check the result of
- Once that is done, the result appears on the screen in PDF format. Candidates whose names are mentioned in the PDF file have qualified for Stage II.
SSC MTS Cut Off 2021
SSC MTS cut-off 2021 will be decided by Staff Selection Commission for stage 1 and final stage. Candidates who secure the minimum cutoff marks prescribed by SSC in stage 1 will be called for paper 2 and after the final cutoff, qualified candidates will be called for document verification.
Previous Year Cut Off
SSC MTS 2017 Paper I Cut Off
Qualifying Marks For Paper II
|Reserved Categories||16.5 (33%)|