TISS BAT Syllabus 2021 : TISS BAT Exam pattern and selection process 2021 has been explained in detail here. The Tata Institute of Social Sciences conducts the TISS Bachelors Admission Test for admission of students to the Bachelor of Arts courses on all campuses of TISS.
- The TISS BAT exam contains 2 parts Part A and Part B is conducted for 100 marks in total.
- Part A will have MCQs for 60 marks and for 60 minutes.
- Part B will have 2 short essay questions for 40 marks for 40 minutes.
Every year, a number of candidates appear for the entrance exam. The level of competition is high and it is important for the candidates to prepare well for the exam. Candidates must have knowledge about the TISS BAT exam pattern and syllabus which help in the preparation and guide the candidates of what to study for the exam. The candidates can solve the mock tests on every topic.
In fact, the officials will also provide the demo version of the test online along with the model questions to give the idea of exam paper to the candidates which will be available on the official website. This will help the applicants in getting familiar with the exam paper.
|TISS BAT Particulars||Dates|
|The release of Admit cards||3rd week of April 2021|
|Entrance exam of TISS BAT||Last week of April 2021|
(Timings: 02:00 PM- 04:00 PM)
|Declaration of result||3rd week of May 2021|
|Upload documents & Pay fee||3rd week of May 2021|
|The announcement of I wait List||last week of May 2021|
|Verification of certificates along with the payment of fees||To be notified|
|The announcement of II wait List||To be notified|
|Verification & Admission||To be notified|
|Beginning of classes||To be notified|
TISS BAT Exam Pattern 2021
The TISS BAT entrance test will be of 100 marks. The duration of the entrance test is 90 minutes. There will be two parts of the entrance exam: Part A and Part B. Here are the details:
- The questions will be of Objective Type Questions
- It will be an online exam that will be a computer-based exam
- The duration of this part is one hour
- Total marks for Part A is 60 marks
- This part will have descriptive questions in the English Language. No objective type questions will be in present this part
- The total marks allotted to this part are 40 marks
- The duration of the exam is 30 minutes
It is mandatory for candidates to attempt both the parts of the entrance test. Taking both the parts together, the entrance exam comprises of 1.5 hours.
TISS BAT Syllabus 2021
The TISS BAT syllabus encompasses the following topics
1. English Proficiency (Verbal Ability + Reading Comprehension)
- Usage of Idioms
- Fill in the Blank
- Odd Word Out
- Jumbled Sentences
- Spelling of Words
- Sentence Correction
- Reading Comprehension
2. Maths/Numerical Ability
- Ratio Proportion & Variation
- Profit and loss
- Compound/Simple Interest
- Work, distance and time
- Data Interpretations (Pie charts, Bar graphs, etc.)
3. Logical Reasoning
- Statement Conclusion true/false
- Eye for Detail
- Direction Sense/Best Route
- Logical Connectivity/Coding-Decoding
- Family/Circular Arrangement
- Alphabet/Number Series
4. General Awareness
- Current Affairs
TISS BAT 2021 Exam Date
TISS BAT notification will be released in 3rd week of October 2020. The entrance exam for the admission in the Bachelor’s degree in Art will be held in the last week of April 2021 from 02:00 PM-04:00 PM.
TISS BAT Selection Process
Firstly, the candidates will go through the TISS BAT entrance exam. It is compulsory for the candidates to appear in the written exam to participate in the admission procedure. The candidate who qualifies the entrance test of TISS-BAT can participate in the further process of selection.
- Soon after the completion of the exam, the officials will declare the exam result. Selected candidates will have to upload scanned copies of their Paid fees challan, Scorecard, and Acceptance letter and make the payment of a fee.
- 1st waiting list will be released. The waitlisted candidates have to go for the document verification at the campus they have selected.
- They will have to carry all their original documents. Pay the fees on the day of document verification if admission is confirmed.
- The candidates who are selected will get provisional admission. After submitting all the certificates if they found to be satisfactory, they will get provisional admission.
Note: For those candidates who are still waiting for their qualifying exam result need to provide the appearance bonafide certificate. This must be issued only by the Principal or Vice-Principal of their college. The certificate must state that the candidate has appeared in the final examination of class 12th.
TISS BAT FAQs
Q. I Have Issues With Uploading Documents? What To Do?
A. You must check the list of the documents to be uploaded first and keep it ready. You must check the size of the scanned documents to make sure that the documents are uploaded. If the resolution and size of the document are right, only then documents will be uploaded. In case, still they are not uploaded, then documents must be emailed to email@example.com. It should be sent from the registered email ID and not another email ID.
The subject of the email should be “<APPLICATION NO.> Issue in Document Upload”.
In the email, you must mention the following things:
- Full name
- Mobile number
- Registered Email id
- Compress all the documents in the zip file
- The name of the zip file should be as <Application No.>
Q. I Belong To The Reserved Category, What Documents Should I Upload?
A. If you belong to SC, ST, and OBC- Non-Creamy Layer, you should get the following documents ready in order to upload them during the application process.
- Income certificate
- Caster certificate
- Marksheet of last qualifying exam