TNPSC Assistant Horticultural Officer Recruitment 2020 Apply Online : TNPSC AHO 2020 notification will be released in May/ June 2020. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission will conduct a direct recruitment exercise for the post of Assistant Horticultural Officer. Interested candidates must check eligibility conditions and apply for the recruitment. The last date to apply online is June 24th, 2020.
Check details about TNPSC AHO such as the release of official notification, no. of vacancies, important dates & time, fees and concession, mode of payment, qualifications, age concession, the scheme of examination & syllabus, centres of examination, selection procedure, how to apply, admit card, result etc.
TNPSC Assistant Horticultural Officer 2020 Overview
|Recruitment name||TNPSC Assistant Horticultural Officer Direct Recruitment 2020|
|Notification release||May/ June 2020|
|Post name||Assistant Horticultural Officer|
|Name of the service and code no.||Tamil Nadu Horticultural Subordinate Service (Code No.105)|
|No. of vacancies||805|
|Scale of pay||Level – 10 Rs. 20,600 - 65,500/-|
|Last date for submission of application||June 24th, 2020|
|Last date for payment of Fee through Bank (Indian Bank or State Bank of India)||June 26th, 2020|
|Paper – I Exam||August 11th, 2020 FN from 10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M|
|Paper – II Exam||August 11th, 2020 AN from 02.30 P.M. to 04.30 P.M|
|Hall tickets||Yet to be announced|
TNPSC Assistant Horticultural Officer 2020 Notification & Vacancies
TNPSC will release an official notification for AHO recruitment. TNPSC assistant horticultural officer direct recruitment 2020 official notification will be available on its official website under ‘Notifications’ tab.
Download TNPSC AHO Notification 2020
Total no. of vacancies is 805. Out of which, 757 are regular vacancies and 48 are shortfall vacancies for SC/ST candidates only (45 SC & 3 ST). Further distribution of vacancies will be announced later through the official website.
TNPSC Assistant Horticultural Officer Direct 2020 Eligibility Conditions
Age Limit (as on July 1st 2020)
- There is no maximum age limit for candidates belonging to the categories of SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs of all castes. But they must have completed 18 years of age on July 1st, 2020.
- For ‘others’, minimum and maximum age are 18 and 30 years respectively.
Educational Qualification (As On May 25th 2020)
An applicant who wants to apply for AHO must have passed 10+2/higher secondary examination and obtained a 2-years’ diploma in Horticulture from the institutions approved by Tamil Nadu Agricultural University or Director of Horticulture and Plantation Crops or from the Gandhigram Rural Institute. In addition to this, the applicant must possess adequate knowledge in Tamil.
TNPSC AHO Fee
All the new applicants should have to pay an amount of Rs. 150/- as one-time registration fee and Rs. 100/- as examination fee at the time of submitting the online application.
Aspirants who have already registered in the OTR system are exempted from paying the registration fee. Such candidates need to pay only examination fee i.e. Rs. 100/-. However, concession on examination fee is applicable for candidates belonging to special categories such as SC/ST etc.
Aspirants can make payment either online by using credit/debit cum ATM card/internet banking or offline through Bank (Indian Bank or State Bank of India).
TNPSC Assistant Horticultural Officer 2020 Application Form & Process
TNPSC AHO Application Forms will be released online on the website @www.tnpsc.gov.in. Check below the steps in filling and submitting an online application.
- Open commission’s official website
- You will see the homepage
- Find and click on the ‘Notifications’ tab
- A new page will be opened having several ‘Apply Online’ links of different ongoing recruitment exercises
- Find and click on ‘Apply Online’ link available in front of notification ‘ASSISTANT HORTICULTURAL OFFICER IN THE TAMIL NADU HORTICULTURAL SUBORDINATE SERVICE.’
- You will see a new page having several tabs such as ‘One-time registration’ tab, ‘Forgot Password’ tab etc.
- If you have already registered in OTR system then click on ‘Apply’ link available in front of notification ‘ASSISTANT HORTICULTURAL OFFICER INCLUDED IN TAMIL NADU HORTICULTURAL SUBORDINATE SERVICE’
- Otherwise, click on the tab ‘One Time Registration’; it is necessary for all the new candidates applying for any posts
- Click on the ‘New User’ tab
- You will see a new page having ‘One-time registration’ form
- Now, fill all the details such as your name, father’s/mother’s name etc, place of birth etc
- Select date of birth, gender, origin place, father’s place of birth, mother tongue, nationality, religion etc
- Enter your S.S.L.C. qualification details such as S.S.L.C. register number, month & year of passing, education board etc
- Enter your communication details like email ID, mobile number, correspondence & permanent address etc
- Accept declaration by marking given checkbox
- Enter the characters as shown in the box
- Click on ‘Save & Continue’ tab
- Upload digital copies of your latest PP size photo, signature and certificates
- Submit documents to get user ID and password
- Use obtained user ID & password to log in and apply for AHO recruitment exercise
- Select payment option and make the payment
- Print e-receipt and final submitted application form
TNPSC Assistant Horticultural Officer 2020 Scheme Of Examination
- There will be a total of two papers to be conducted in pen & paper-based mode.
- Both papers i.e. Paper I & II will have objective type questions.
- Paper I contains 200 MCQs of maximum 300 marks. Time duration will be 180 minutes (3 hours). MCQs will be of diploma level from the subject – Horticulture.
- Paper-II will have 100 MCQs of maximum 200 marks. Time duration will be 2 hours (120 minutes). Paper-II will be distributed in two sections. The first section will have 75 questions of HSC standard from Subject – General Studies. Second or the last section will have 25 questions of SSLC standard from subject/topic- Aptitude and Mental Ability.
- Both question papers will be set in bilingual i.e. English & Tamil.
TNPSC AHO Syllabus
TNPSC AHO syllabus is given below.
Paper I: Horticulture
Basic horticulture and plant propagation, soil and fertility, irrigation and weed management, production technology of fruits and vegetables, production technology of flower crops and landscaping, production technology of spices, plantation crops, medicinal and aromatic crops, insect pest and diseases of horticultural crops and their management, post-harvest handling and value addition of horticultural crops, livestock management and poultry production, commercial agriculture, farm management, marketing and extension education.
Paper-II: General Studies
General science, current events, geography, history and culture of India and Tamil Nadu, Indian polity, Indian economy and Indian national movement.
Aptitude & Mental Ability
Ratio & proportion, area & volume, time & work, visual reasoning, alpha numeric reasoning, number series, analytical interpretation of data, simplification & percentage, LCM & HCF, compound & simple interest etc.
Minimum Qualifying Marks for Selection
TNPSC set minimum qualifying marks for selection of candidates. Total maximum marks in both papers will be 500. Out of which, 150 marks will be minimum qualifying marks for selection for candidates belonging categories – SCs, BCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs and BCMs and 200 for rest candidates.
TNPSC AHO Exam Date & Centres of Examination
As per the official notification, offline examination for the post of Assistant Horticulture Officer will be held on August 11th, 2020 at the following centres- Thanjavur, Salem, Tirunelveli, Tiruchirappalli, Coimbatore, Madurai & Chennai.
TNPSC Assistant Horticultural Officer 2020 Hall tickets
Successfully registered candidates can download their TNPSC AHO hall tickets before a few days from the date of examination through the commission’s website. The process is given below:
- Open TNPSC’s website
- Find and click on the ‘Hall Ticket Download’ tab; it is available under the ‘Candidate’s Corner’ tab
- Enter your ID & date of birth
- Submit details
- You will see your hall ticket
- Download or print it on the A4 size paper
TNPSC Assistant Horticultural Officer Recruitment 2020 Result
TNPSC AHO final results will be declared after 1 or 2 weeks from the date of examination. Once results announced and published on the commission’s website, participants can easily check their result by login into their account. The entire process of checking result is explained below:
- Open commission’s official website
- Click on the ‘Results’ tab
- Find and click on the appropriate result link
- Enter and submit the required details (if asked) like registration ID, date of birth etc
- You will see your result and scorecard
- You can print your result as well
TNPSC AHO Salary
According to the official notification, the scale of pay for Assistant Horticultural Officer will be as follows- Level – 10 Rs. 20,600 – 65,500/-.