TNPSC Assistant Horticultural Officer Recruitment 2018 Apply Online :
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is going to conduct a direct recruitment exercise for the post of Assistant Horticultural Officer. If you are looking for a government job in the state of Tamil Nadu then you must apply for this recruitment event. The last date to apply online is June 24th, 2018. But before that, you should know few significant things such as date of release of official notification, no. of vacancies, important dates & time, fees and concession, mode of payment, qualifications, age concession, scheme of examination & syllabus, centres of examination, selection procedure, how to apply, admit card, result etc.
TNPSC Assistant Horticultural Officer 2018 Notification & Vacancies
On May 25th 2018, TNPSC has released an official notification for this recruitment. TNPSC assistant horticultural officer direct recruitment 2018 official notification is available on its official website under ‘Notifications’ tab. To view or download it now, click here.
According to official notification, total no. of vacancies is 805. Out of which, 757 are regular vacancies and 48 are shortfall vacancies for SC/ST candidates only (45 SC & 3 ST). Further distribution of vacancies will be announced later through official website.
TNPSC Assistant Horticultural Officer 2018 Overview
|Recruitment name||TNPSC Assistant Horticultural Officer Direct Recruitment 2018|
|Notification released on||May 25th, 2018|
|Post name||Assistant Horticultural Officer|
|Name of the service and code no.||Tamil Nadu Horticultural Subordinate Service (Code No.105)|
|No. of vacancies||805|
|Scale of pay||Level – 10 Rs. 20,600 - 65,500/-|
|Last date for submission of application||June 24th, 2018|
|Last date for payment of Fee through Bank (Indian Bank or State Bank of India)||June 26th, 2018|
|Paper – I will be on||August 11th, 2018 FN from 10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M|
|Paper – II will be on||August 11th, 2018 AN from 02.30 P.M. to 04.30 P.M|
|Hall tickets will be available to download from||Yet to be announced|
|Apply online at||www.tnpsc.gov.in|
TNPSC Assistant Horticultural Officer Direct 2018 Eligibility Conditions
Age Limit (as on July 1st 2018)
There is no maximum age limit for candidates belonging to the following categories- SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs of all castes. But they must have completed 18 years of age on July 1st, 2018. For ‘others’, minimum and maximum age is 18 and 30 years respectively. For details on age relaxation, please refer to official notification.
Educational Qualification (As On May 25th 2018)
An applicant who wants to apply for AHO must have passed 10+2/higher secondary examination and obtained a 2-years’ diploma in Horticulture from the institutions approved by Tamil Nadu Agricultural University or Director of Horticulture and Plantation Crops or from the Gandhigram Rural Institute. In addition to this, applicant must possess adequate knowledge in Tamil.
One-Time Registration Fee & Mode Of Payment
All the new applicants should have to pay an amount of Rs. 150/- as one-time registration fee and Rs. 100/- as examination fee at the time of submitting the online application.
Aspirants who have already registered in OTR system are exempted from paying the registration fee. Such candidates need to pay only examination fee i.e. Rs. 100/-. However, concession on examination fee is applicable for candidates belonging to special categories such as SC/ST etc. For more details, go through official notification.
Aspirants can make payment either online by using credit / debit cum ATM card / internet banking or offline through Bank (Indian Bank or State Bank of India).
TNPSC Assistant Horticultural Officer 2018 Application Form & Process
Like always, this time as well, application forms for this recruitment will be filled and submitted by candidates online on website: www.tnpsc.gov.in. To know about the process, continue reading as below we have explained all the steps needed to be taken for filling and submitting an online application:
- Open commission’s official website
- You will see the homepage
- Find and click on ‘Notifications’ tab
- A new page will be opened having several ‘Apply Online’ links of different ongoing recruitment exercises
- Find and click on ‘Apply Online’ link available in front of notification ‘ASSISTANT HORTICULTURAL OFFICER IN THE TAMIL NADU HORTICULTURAL SUBORDINATE SERVICE.’
- You will see a new page having several tabs such as ‘One time registration’ tab, ‘Forgot Password’ tab etc.
- If you have already registered in OTR system then click on ‘Apply’ link available in front of notification ‘ASSISTANT HORTICULTURAL OFFICER INCLUDED IN TAMIL NADU HORTICULTURAL SUBORDINATE SERVICE’
- Otherwise, click on the tab ‘One Time Registration’; it is necessary for all the new candidates applying for any posts
- Click on ‘New User’ tab
- You will see a new page having ‘One time registration’ form
- Now, fill all the details such as your name, father’s/mother’s name etc, place of birth etc
- Select date of birth, gender, origin place, father’s place of birth, mother tongue, nationality, religion etc
- Enter your S.S.L.C. qualification details such as S.S.L.C. register number, month & year of passing, education board etc
- Enter your communication details like email ID, mobile number, correspondence & permanent address etc
- Accept declaration by marking given check box
- Enter the characters as shown in the box
- Click on ‘Save & continue’ tab
- Upload digital copies of your latest PP size photo, signature and certificates
- Submit documents to get user ID and password
- Use obtained user ID & password to login and apply for AHO recruitment exercise
- Select payment option and make the payment
- Print e-receipt and final submitted application form
TNPSC Assistant Horticultural Officer 2018 Scheme Of Examination
There will be total two papers to be conducted in pen & paper based mode. Both papers i.e. Paper I & II will have objective type questions. Paper I contains 200 MCQs of maximum 300 marks. Time duration will be 180 minutes (3 hours). MCQs will be of diploma level from subject- Horticulture.
Paper II will have 100 MCQs of maximum 200 marks. Time duration will be 2 hours (120 minutes). Paper II will be distributed in two sections. First section will have 75 questions of HSC standard from Subject- General Studies. Second or last section will have 25 questions of SSLC standard from subject/topic- Aptitude and Mental Ability.
Paper I : Horticulture – Basic horticulture and plant propagation, soil and fertility, irrigation and weed management, production technology of fruits and vegetables, production technology of flower crops and landscaping, production technology of spices, plantation crops, medicinal and aromatic crops, insect pest and diseases of horticultural crops and their management, post harvest handling and value addition of horticultural crops, livestock management and poultry production, commercial agriculture, farm management, marketing and extension education.
Paper II: General Studies – General science, current events, geography, history and culture of India and Tamil Nadu, Indian polity, Indian economy and Indian national movement.
Aptitude & Mental Ability – Ratio & proportion, area & volume, time & work, visual reasoning, alpha numeric reasoning, number series, analytical interpretation of data, simplification & percentage, LCM & HCF, compound & simple interest etc.
Note: Both question papers will be set in bilingual i.e. English & Tamil.
Minimum Qualifying Marks for selection
TNPSC has already set minimum qualifying marks for selection of candidates. Total maximum marks in both papers will be 500. Out of which, 150 marks will be minimum qualifying marks for selection for candidates belonging categories- SCs, BCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs and BCMs and 200 for rest candidates.
Date & centres of examination
As per official notification, offline examination for the post of Assistant Horticulture Officer will be held on August 11th, 2018 at the following centres- Thanjavur, Salem, Tirunelveli, Trichirappalli, Coimbatore, Madurai & Chennai.
TNPSC Assistant Horticultural Officer 2018 Hall tickets
Successfully registered candidates can download their hall tickets before few days from the date of examination through commission’s website. The process is given below:
- Open TNPSC’s website
- Find and click on ‘Hall Ticket Download’ tab; it is available under ‘Candidate’s Corner’ tab
- Enter your ID & date of birth
- Submit details
- You will see your hall ticket
- Download or print it on A4 size paper
TNPSC Assistant Horticultural Officer Recruitment 2018 Results
Final results will be declared after 1 or 2 weeks from the date of examination. Once results announced and published on commission’s website, participants can easily check their result by login into their account. The entire process of checking result is explained below:
- Open commission’s official website
- Click on ‘Results’ tab
- Find and click on appropriate result link
- Enter and submit the required details (if asked) like registration ID, date of birth etc
- You will see your result and score card
- You can print your result as well
According to official notification, scale of pay for Assistant Horticultural Officer will be as follows- Level – 10 Rs. 20,600 – 65,500/-.