TNPSC Forest Apprentice 2020 notification will be released by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission and invite online applications from eligible candidates for the post of forest apprentice under Tamil Nadu Forest Subordinate Service. Interested candidates should apply online before the last date i.e. 1st of August 2020.
But before that, they should know important details such as date of release of notification, no. of vacancies, important dates, fees, qualifications, the scheme of main written examination, center for examination, selection procedure, how to apply, admit card, result, etc.
TNPSC Forest Apprentice Recruitment 2020 Official Notification & Vacancies
TNPSC will release a notification against notification no. -/ 2020 for direct recruitment of eligible candidates on the post of forest apprentice under Tamil Nadu Forest Subordinate Service on the 4th of July 2020.
According to the notification, the total number of vacancies is 158. Out of which, 148 vacancies are for regular and 10 vacancies are for SC-Shortfall. To know more about the distribution of vacancies, please refer to official notification.
|Examination name||TNPSC Forest Apprentice Recruitment 2020|
|Conducted by||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Notification release||4th of July 2020|
|Notification No.||To be notified|
|No. of vacancies & department||158 & Tamil Nadu Forest Subordinate Service|
|Last date for submission of online application||1st of August, 2020|
|Last date for payment of examination fee through bank (Indian Bank or SBI)||3rd of August, 2020|
|Admit card for written test||Yet to be announced|
|Date and time of written examination||23rd to 30th of September, 2020 F.N & A.N|
|Physical test (walking test)||Yet to be announced|
|Oral test||Yet to be announced|
|Apply online @||www.tnpsc.gov.in|
TNPSC Forest Apprentice 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Age Limit (As on 1st of April, 2020)
|Sl. no.||Category of candidates||Minimum Age (must have completed)||Maximum Age (should not have completed)|
|i||Ex-Servicemen||18 years||37 years|
|ii||MBCs/DCs, SCs, SC(A)s, STs, BCs, BCMs and DWs of all castes||18 years||35 years|
|iii||Others||18 years||30 years|
Note: For more details, go through official notification.
Educational Qualification (As on July 4th, 2020)
Applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree in forestry or its equivalent degree from any UGC recognized Institution or University.
Candidates having a Bachelor’s or its equivalent degree in any 1 of the following subjects – Zoology / Wildlife biology / Physics / Marine Biology / Horticulture / Geology / Environmental Science / Engineering (all engineering subjects including agricultural engineering) / Computer Science / Computer Applications / Chemistry / Botany / Animal husbandry & veterinary science / Agriculture are also eligible to apply.
Applicant should have knowledge in Tamil language
(not less than)
|Chest Measurement not less than (round the chest)|
|on full inspiration||on full expiration||Difference|
|Women||150 cms||84 cms||79 cms||5 cms|
|Men||163 cms||89 cms||84 cms||5 cms|
(not less than)
|Minimum height criteria for persons belonging to STs & races like Nepalese, Garhwalis, Gorkhas, Sikkimese, Assamese, Bhutanese, Kumoanis, Ladakhes, Mizo, Naga, Meghalaya, Lahaul and Spiti.||Women||145 cms|
TNPSC Forest Apprentice 2020 Fee
All the new candidates should have to pay an amount of Rs. 150/- towards one-time registration charges. OTPR fee is only for new applicants. A candidate who has already registered in the OTPR system within the validity period of five years is exempted.
On top of that, applicants should also have to pay an amount of Rs. 150/- towards the examination. It should be paid at the time of attempting the online application. However, applicants belonging to SCs, SC(A)s & STs are fully exempted from the payment of examination fee. For more details, please refer to the official notification.
Both OTR charges and examination fees should be paid either online or offline. To pay charges and fees online, candidates should have to use a credit/debit card or net banking service. For offline fee submission, applicants should have to submit fee in cash at any branch of Indian Bank / SBI within two working days from the date of submission of online application.
TNPSC Forest Apprentice 2020 Application Form & Process
TNPSC Forest Apprentice Recruitment 2020 application forms will be available online @ www.tnpsc.gov.in. The process of submitting the online application is explained below in simple steps:
- Open TNPSC’s official website
- Since you are a new user so firstly go through OTR process; because it is mandatory to apply for any post under TNPSC
- Click on OTR tab; it is available on the homepage of TNPSC’s online portal
- Click on the ‘New User’ tab
- You will see a ‘One Time Registration’ form
- Enter your name, father’s & mother’s name, etc.
- Select date of birth, gender, mother tongue, nationality, etc.
- Enter your S.S.L.C. qualification details
- Enter your communication details such as email ID, mobile no., correspondence & permanent address, etc.
- Read all the points given under section ‘Declaration’ then accept the declaration
- Enter the characters as given in the box
- Recheck all the filled details
- Then click on ‘Save & Continue’ tab
- Select any payment option and make the payment towards OTR charges
- Instantly, you will get a TSPSC ID
- Use your TSPSC ID to login and complete application
- After filling all the details, upload scanned copies of your passport size photo and signature
- Submit all the details
- Select any payment option and make payment against examination fee (if you are eligible)
- Otherwise, skip payment section and submit your filled application
- Take a print out of your final submitted application form
TNPSC Forest Apprentice 2020 Exam Scheme
There will be three stages of tests/examinations:
- Stage I Written Examination
- Stage II Physical test (walking test)
- Stage III Oral test
Stage I Written Examination
Stage I Written Examination will be consists of three papers – Paper- I, II & III. Paper I & II will be for optional subjects. Paper III will be for compulsory subjects.
The format of Paper I & II is the same. Both papers have 200 multiple choice questions of degree standard to be solved in 3 hours. The maximum marks allotted to each paper are 300. There are total of 17 optional subjects divided into 4 sections i.e. 3 groups and 1 other subjects section. For both optional papers, a candidate can select any 2 subjects (should be from different groups) from below given groups:
|Optional Subjects for Paper I & II (choose any 2 subjects from different groups; 1 for each paper)|
|Group 1||Group 2||Group 3||Other subjects|
|Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science||Computer Science||Statistics||Physics|
|Horticulture||Computer Applications||Mathematics||Wildlife biology|
|Engineering (all engineering subjects including agricultural engineering)|
Paper III will be for compulsory subjects. However, no. of MCQs is the same as Paper I & II i.e. 200 and 150 MCQs will be of General Studies of degree standard, and 50 questions will be for Aptitude and Mental Ability Test of S.S.L.C. standard.
There will be also an interview (oral test) of 120 marks. Total marks for Stage 1 test will be 1020. Out of which, minimum qualifying marks for selection of candidates belonging to SCs, SC(A), STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, and BCM categories are 306 and 408 for candidates belonging to others category.
Stage II Physical Test (walking test)
The walking test will be held only at the Chennai center. Male candidates should have to complete a 25 km walk in 4 hours whereas, for female candidates, the walking distance will be 16 km to be completed at the same time duration.
Stage III Oral test
Candidates who will appear in all the papers and walking tests shall get a chance to appear in the Oral Test. It will be of 120 marks. Marks obtained by candidates in the oral test will be considered for final selection.
TNPSC Forest Apprentice Subject-wise Syllabus
Optional Papers – I & II (Degree Standard) Objective Type
Agriculture: Importance Of Agriculture, Fundamentals Of Crop Production, Natural Resource Management, Crop Management & Allied Agricultural Activities, Crop Improvement, Seed Science & Technology, Crop Protection Principles And Practices, Farm Business & Finance Management, Agricultural Marketing & Market Intelligence And Agricultural Extension: Principles & Methods.
Animal Husbandry And Veterinary Science: Livestock Management / Nutrition, Livestock Breeding And Genetics, Veterinary Anatomy, Physiology & Biochemistry, Veterinary Microbiology, Veterinary Preventive Medicine, Pathology & Parasitology, Pharmacology, And Livestock Products Technology.
Botany: Phycology, Mycology & Lichenology, Bryology & Pteridology, Gymnosperms & Paleobotany, Angiosperm Morphology, Taxonomy & Economic Botany, Anatomy & Embryology, General Microbiology & Plant Pathology, Physiology, Biochemistry & Biophysics, Cytology, Genetics & Evolution, Horticulture & Plant Breeding.
For rest optional subjects’ syllabi, please refer to official notification.
Paper – III General Studies (Compulsory Subject)
- General Science (Physics, Chemistry, Botany & Zoology)
- Current Events (History, Political Science, Geography, Economics & Science)
- History & culture of India
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy
- Indian National Movement
- Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests
Written Examination Date & Centres
The written examination will be held from 23rd to 30th of September, 2020 F.N & A.N at several centers all over the state such as Villupuram, Vellore, Tirunelveli, Tiruchirappalli, Thanjavur, Salem, Madurai, Coimbatore, and Chennai.
TNPSC Forest Apprentice 2020 Selection Procedure
The final selection of candidates on the post of Apprentice will be done on the basis of the total marks obtained by them at the written & oral test taken together.
TNPSC Forest Apprentice 2020 Hall tickets
TNPSC Forest Apprentice Hall tickets for eligible candidates shall be available to download from few days before the date of examination. The commission will release a separate call letter / admit card/hall ticket for each stage’s examination.
How to download hall tickets / admit cards / call letters?
- Open commission’s official website
- Find section ‘candidate’s corner’
- Click on ‘Hall Ticket Download’ tab
- A new page will be opened having notices and links related to ongoing recruitment events
- Click on the respective ‘Download Admit Card’ link
- Enter your application no. / Login ID
- Select date of birth
- Click on the ‘Submit’ tab
- You will see your hall ticket/call letter / admit card
- Download and print your hall ticket/call letter / admit card
TNPSC Forest Apprentice 2020 Results
The final Forest Apprentice result announcement date is still not disclosed by TNPSC. The process through which you can check your TNPSC forest apprentice 2020 results are explained below:
- Open TNPSC’s official website
- On the homepage, you will see a section named ‘Candidate’s corner’
- Under the same section, you will have to find and click tab ‘Results’
- A new page will be opened having several result fetching links
- Click the appropriate result fetching link to download a copy of the result in PDF format
- Open downloaded PDF and find your name