TNPSC Group 2 Apply Online 2019 : As per the Annual Planner 2019, TNPSC Group 2 application form release for the recruitment is expected in the month of May 2019. Tamil Nadu Group 2 eligibility criteria is decided by the commission and interested candidates can submit online application on the official website. TNPSC Group 2 registration date will start tentatively in the month of May and will be on until June 2019. TNPSC Group 2 exam will include the Preliminary Test and the Main Examination followed by Interview. As Group II Services of TNPSC includes interview posts, there will be an interview for the candidates shortlisted from the main examination.
TNPSC Group 2 Important Dates
TNPSC is yet to release the notification for Group II services. So, here are some tentative dates for the Candidates to remember:
|Notification Release||May 1, 2019|
|Online Application Starting Date||May 1, 2019|
|Last Date to apply for TNPSC Group 2 Recruitment||June 1, 2019|
|Last date for the examination fee payment through bank||Two days after the last date to submit in June 2019|
|Preliminary Examination Date||August 1, 2019|
|Tentative answer key hosting||Two or three days after the preliminary examination|
|Time for raising objections for tentative answer key||A week from the publishing of preliminary answer key|
|Preliminary Examination Result||One month after the written test.|
|Date to upload documents by candidates shortlisted for the main examination (Starting Date)||A week after the result for preliminary examination|
|Scanned Document uploading Last date||15 days after the starting date|
|Main Examination Date||November 1, 2019|
|Main examination Result Date||December 1, 2019|
TNPSC Group 2 Eligibility 2019
TNPSC Group 2 eligibility requirement to be met by applicants is classified by TNPSC under 4 categories. They are age, educational qualification, knowledge of Tamil and Certificate of Physical Fitness. Here are the details:
TNPSC Group 2 age of applicants as on the 1st of July 2019 should be as follows:
|S. No.||Name of the Position||Minimum Age Limit (For All Categories and Positions)||Maximum Age Limit|
|Others||Reserved Category Candidates|
|1||For All positions except Grade – II Sub-registrar and Probation Officer in social defence Department and Prison department||18 Years||30 Years||No upper age limit|
|2||Sub-Registrar Grade II||20 Years|
|3||Probation Officer in Prison Department||22 Years|
|4||Probation Officer in Defence Department||26 Years||40 Years|
No upper age limit is set for reserved category candidates but the candidates should not be more than 58 years old either on the date of selection or appointment to the post or on the date of notification.
- For differently abled applicants – Up to 10 years over and above the utmost age limit prescribed.
- For ex-Servicemen – The utmost age limit is 48 years.
TNPSC Group 2 educational qualification requirement and preferential qualification for different positions are listed below:
|S. No.||Position Name||Educational Qualification||Preferential Qualification|
|1||Industrial Cooperative Officer in the Industries and Commerce Department||A Degree in B.Com/B. Sc or B.A|
|2||Probation Officer in Social Defence Department||A Degree in B.A/B.Com/B. Sc of any university recognized by UGC||If other things are equal, preference will be given to candidates with a degree in psychology or sociology|
|B.O.L On Annamalai University||If other qualifications are equal preference will be given to candidates with practical experience in social welfare work or those with A Diploma in Social Service including experience in moral and social hygiene and aftercare work.|
|BBA of Madurai Kamarajar University|
|B. Litt of Madras University|
|BBM or B. Litt of Bharathiyar University|
|3||Junior Employment Officer (Differently-Abled) in Employment Training (Employment wing) Department||A Degree in arts, science or commerce or a BOL from Annamalai University or BBA from Madurai Kamarajar University or B. Litt of Madras University or BBM or B. Litt of Bharathiyar University|
|4||Probation Officer In Prison Department||B. Litt or BBM of Bharathiyar university or B. Litt of Madras University or BBA of Madurai Kamarajar University or BOL Of Annamalai University or a degree in science, arts or commerce||If all other things are equal, preference will be given to:|
|Candidates with an MA in Sociology or Criminology or a Degree in Sociology or Psychology|
|Candidates with a diploma in sociology or psychology in addition to a degree in any subject other than psychology or sociology|
|Candidates, who have offered social Welfare Work for at least one year|
|Candidates with a diploma in Social Work Awarded by the Madras School of Social Work|
|5||Assistant Inspector of Labour in the Labour Department||Same as Above||If other things are equal preference will be given to candidates with:|
|MA in Social Work (or)|
|A Diploma Awarded by the Madras School Of Social Work (or)|
|MA in Applied Psychology from Sagar University (or)|
|2-year Diploma from the Institute of Labour Welfare Workers, Bombay or the Xavier Labour Relation Institute, Bihar (or)|
|A diploma course from the PSG School of Social Work in Coimbatore on Labour specialisation or the PG Diploma in Social Services conducted by the Institute of Social Science, Loyola College, Madras Under the direction of the Indian Institute of Social Order, Pune (or)|
|MSW from Baroda University (or)|
|PG Diploma in Labour Administration From Tamil Nadu Institute of Labour Studies (or)|
|PG Diploma in Personnel Management, Industrial Relations and Labour Welfare Awarded by the Madras Productivity Council (Or)|
|PG Diploma in Personnel Management & Industrial Relations conducted by the Madurai Institute of Social Work (Or)|
|MA Degree in Work Education From Madras University (Or)|
|Who are released regular commissioned Officers, short service, or Other Ex-Servicemen or Emergency Commissioned Officers|
|6||Sub-Registrar (Grade – II)||A Degree from a University or Institute recognised by UGC for the purpose of Grant||If all other things are equal, preference will be given to candidates with a BL Degree apart from to the specified qualification|
|7||Special Assistant in Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Department||Any degree and technical qualification, which means that the candidates should have passed the Government Technical Examination in Typewriting both by Senior Grade in Tamil and English|
|8||Municipal Commissioner – Grade II||A degree from any university or institute recognised by UGC|
|9||Assistant Section Officer in Law Department in Secretariat||BL Degree from any university or institute recognised by the UGC|
|10||Assistant Section Officer in the Finance Department in Secretariat||A PG Degree in statistics, economics or commerce|
|A UG In Economics or Commerce or Statistics with a pass in the final examination of the ICWAI|
|11||Assistant Section Officer in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat||BBM or B. Litt from Bharathiar University or B. Litt from Madras University or BBA from Madurai Kamarajar University or BOL From Annamalai University or Degree in commerce or science or arts from any University|
|12||Assistant Section Officer in TNPSC||A PG Degree|
|A UG Degree and BGL Degree|
|A UG Degree with first class in any one of the parts. But, in the case of reserved category candidates, a degree is enough|
|13||Assistant Section Officer Cum Programmer in TNPSC||A PG in Computer Applications or|
|A PG in Science (IT/CS)|
|14||Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives in the Industries and Commerce Department||PG Diploma in Agricultural Economics and Co-operation from the National Council for Rural Higher Education or|
|B. Litt or BBM from Bharathiyar University or|
|B. Litt from Madras University or|
|BBA from Madurai Kamarajar University or|
|BOL of Annamalai University or|
|A Degree in commerce or arts or science from any University|
|15||Audit Inspector in the Audit Wing of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department||Same as Assistant Section Officer in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat|
|Individuals professing Hindu Religion can alone apply to this position|
|16||Assistant Inspector In Local Fund Audit Department||Same as Assistant Section Officer in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat|
|17||Senior Inspector in Milk Production and Dairy Development Department||Any Degree||If other qualifications are equal, preference will be given to candidates with an:|
|And||(or)||MA in Co-operation or|
|Senior Inspector in Co-operative Societies in the Department of Registrar of Co-operative Societies||A diploma in Rural Services from the National Council of Rural Higher Education||M. Com with co-operation as one of the subject or|
|(or)||BA in Co-operation or|
|A Diploma in Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants||Higher Diploma in Co-operative Management awarded by the Natesan Institute of Co-operative Management, Madras or Institute of Co-operative Management Madurai|
|18||Supervisor/Junior Superintendent in Tamil Nadu Agricultural Marketing/Agricultural business Department||Any Degree||If all other qualifications are equal, preference will be given to candidates, who have passed the Government Technical Examination in Bookkeeping by senior or higher grade|
|19||Handloom Inspector in Handlooms and Textiles Department||A Degree in arts, science or commerce from any university recognised by UGC or|
|Handloom Technology diploma or Manmade Fibre Technology or Textile Processing from the State Board of Technical Education and Training in Tamil Nadu|
|20||Audit Assistant in the Accounts Branch of Highways Department||Any Degree||If every other thing being equal preference will be given to candidates with a degree in commerce|
|21||Executive Officer, Grade II in Town Panchayat Department Tirunelveli District||Degree from any University or Institution recognised by UGC|
|22||Revenue Assistant in The Revenue Department in Various Revenue Units||A Degree in science or arts other than a professional degree (or)|
|B.com from any University (or)|
|BOL From Annamalai University (or)|
|BBA from Madurai Kamarajar University (or)|
|B. Litt from Madras University (or)|
|BBM or B. Litt from Bharathiyar University|
The educational qualification mentioned above for each of the position must have been obtained by the applicants by passing the required qualification in the order of studies – Class X, higher secondary or equivalent, UG degree in law, PG degree, etc. The results for the qualifications above should have been declared on or before the date of notification for this recruitment.
Knowledge of Tamil
Applicants must possess adequate knowledge of Tamil. For complete details in this regard, candidates can visit the Paragraph 11 of the Instructions to applicants by clicking here.
Certificate Of Physical Fitness
Applicants shortlisted for any of the positions in this recruitment will have to submit a certificate of physical fitness in the form prescribed below:
|Name of the position||Form of Certificate of Physical Fitness||Standard of Vision Prescribed|
|Probation Officer (Prison)||Form Prescribed for Executive Posts||Standard – I|
|Probation Officer (Social Defence)|
|Senior Inspector of Co-operative Societies||Form Prescribed for Executive Positions||Standard – III|
|Municipal Commissioner – Grade II|
|Junior Employment Officer (Non=Differently-Abled)||Form Prescribed for Executive Posts||Standard = III or better|
|Supervisor of Industrial Co-operative Societies|
|Executive Officer, Grade II in Town Panchayat Department|
|Assistant Inspector of Labour||Form Prescribed for Executive Posts||Standard – II or better|
|Sub-Registrar, Grade – II||Form prescribed for posts other than Executive and ministerial posts||Standard – III|
|Supervisor/Junior Superintendent in Tamil Nadu Agricultural Marketing|
|Industrial Co-operative Officer||Form prescribed for posts other than Executive and ministerial posts||Standard – III or better|
|Handloom Inspector||Form prescribed for posts other than Executive and ministerial posts||Standard – III|
|For all other positions||Form Prescribed for posts in Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service, Secretariat Service and Judicial Ministerial Service||Standard III or better|
In the case of applicants with defective vision, they will have to submit an eye fitness certificate for some positions from a qualified eye specialist.
TNPSC Group 2 Application Form 2019
Candidates interested in applying to any position in TNPSC Group 2 recruitment will have to submit the application form only online from the official website of TNPSC.
TNPSC Group 2 : How To Apply Online?
One Time Registration
Before any candidate can apply to any position for any recruitment conducted by TNPSC, it is important that the candidate will have to register with the website of TNPSC.
- Visit tnpscexams.in or tnpscexams.net
- Basic details required – Photo, Signature, Community Certificate, Payment – Credit Card/ Net banking, debit card or cash
- Click on One Time Registration
- Click on ‘New User’
- Enter Name as per SSLC mark sheet, Date of Birth, Father and Mother Name
- Select Gender
- Enter Nativity details such as Place of birth, District, Fathers Place of birth, Mother tongue, Nationality, Religion
- Enter Community Certificate details
- Enter SSLC mark sheet details
- Enter mobile number and Email ID
- Enter Correspondence and Permanent Address
- Enter and check user ID and enter code as shown and click on ‘check’
- Enter password
- Accept declaration, enter code and click on Save and Continue
- Click on Submit after confirming the details
- Enter One Time Password received on mobile number and submit
- Upload Photo (165 x 125 pixels, less than 50 kb, jpg/gif), Signature (80 x 125 pixels, less than 20 kb, jpg/gif) and click on ‘Click Save’
- Select payment option and pay the amount
- Once registered using the One Time Registration process at the website of TNPSC at http://tnpscexams.in/, candidates can apply using the OTR ID and password for the submission of the online application.
- Candidates can get the complete instructions for one-time registration by clicking here
- You can apply only if you have completed the One-Time Registration and have a candidate dashboard to any job opening advertised by TNPSC.
- You can now log in using the User ID and password that you got from One-Time Registration.
- To apply for the TNPSC Group 2 recruitment, you will have to click on the “apply” option that you will find corresponding to the notification link provided by TNPSC on the official website. When you click on the “
Apply” button, you will be asked to provide your User Name and password.
- You will have to start applying by providing details about your SSLC registration number, the month and the year of passing and also the name of the board from which you completed the SSLC.
- Even though you have provided basic details about yourself in OTR, the details you provide in the online application will alone be considered. So, carefully fill up the details in the online application.
- You will get a chance to change the entries made in the online application later. But, some fields cannot be changed. So, take the utmost care when you fill up the online application.
- Once you provide the basic details and your educational qualification details, the system will take you to the payment gateway. Here, you will get the option to make the application fee payment either through online or through offline mode.
- If you choose to pay through online mode, you will have to fill up an additional page of the application. But, this page will not be applicable if you pay through offline mode using the bank or Post Office Challan.
- Once you complete your online payment, the system will generate an application number. You should take note of this number for future reference.
- If you choose to pay offline, you will have two options. You can choose either a Post office or SBI challan. Once you choose the offline mode in the payment gateway, the system will generate a payment challan and you should print this challan and should take it to the post office or SBI branch near you to make the payment. Pay the appropriate money in the cash counter and collect the candidate’s copy of the challan.
- The application process will complete only after successful payment of the application fee.
TNPSC Group 2 Fee
TNPSC Group 2 Recruitment examination fee for the preliminary examination is Rs.100 and for the main examination, the examination fee is Rs.150. SC/SC (A)/ST/differently abled persons and destitute widow of all categories are exempted from the examination fee. For MBC candidates and denotified community candidates, they can get full exemption from the examination fee if they have not availed three free chances earlier. Similarly, ex-servicemen, who have not availed two free chances earlier, are fully exempted from the examination fee payment.
Candidates should have their educational qualification certificates and community certificate ready when applying. They need not have to upload any documents when submitting the online application except Photograph and Signature. They will have to produce the original documents only if they are shortlisted for further rounds.