TNPSC Group 2A exam pattern, syllabus and selection process has been given here in detail as per official notification. TNPSC Group 2A recruitment will have single window test conducted by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. TNPSC Group 2A non-interview recruitment selection will be based only on the performance of candidates in the single-window test. Knowing the pattern of Group 2A written test is essential for candidates planning to appear for this recruitment. In addition, they should be aware of the syllabus for the test as well to plan their preparation accordingly. The exam date is not yet known for the year 2020.
TNPSC Group 2A Exam Pattern
- The written test for the Group 2A recruitment is conducted by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission as a single-paper objective type test. The test will be conducted as an objective type test.
- For this written test, candidates have the option to choose either General English or General Tamil for the language part of the single paper test.
- The test is conducted for three hours and the maximum marks will be 300 and the questions for the general studies part of this paper will be in degree standard.
- For the general Tamil/General English and for the aptitude and mental ability test, the questions will be in SSLC Standard.
|Subject||Questions||Duration||Maximum Marks||Maximum Qualifying Marks|
|General Studies – 75 Questions||75||3 Hours||150||90|
|Aptitude and Mental Ability Test – 25 Questions||25|
|General Tamil/General English – 200 Questions||200||150|
- The qualifying mark for the written test as stated by TNPSC is 90 out of 300.
- For the General studies, aptitude and mental ability subjects, the question paper will have questions both in English and Tamil.
- For the General Tamil/General English paper, the questions will be given in the appropriate language.
TNPSC Group 2A Syllabus 2020
Here is an overview of the chapters covered in the subjects in the pattern above for Group – IIA services of TNPSC Recruitment:
- Unit I – General Science
- Unit II – Current Events
- Political Science
- Unit III – Geography
- Unit IV – History and Culture of India
- Unit V – Indian Polity
- Unit VI – Indian Economy
- Unit VII – Indian National Movement
- Unit VIII – Aptitude & Mental Ability Test
Candidates can view the syllabus for the General Tamil Part from the official page released by TNPSC for Group 2A.
Part A – Grammar
- Match the phrases in Column A with the meanings in Column B
- Form compound words
- Form a new word by blending words
- Select the correct synonyms
- Choose the correct antonyms
- Identify the correct degree
- Select the correct word prefix and suffix
- Fill in the blanks with a suitable article
- Identify the correct sentence (complex, compound and simple)
- Select the right plural forms
- Fill in the blanks with a suitable proposition
- Find out the odd words (Adverb, adjective, noun and verb)
- Choose the right question tag
- Select the right tense
- Choose the correct sentence
- Select the right voice
- Fill in the blanks with a participle, gerund and infinitive
- Find out the error
- Identify the sentence pattern with the correct homophones
Part B – Literature
- Figures of Speech Observed in some poems
- British English – American English
- Comprehension questions from some description of places
- Preciation questions from poetry
- Important Lines From Poems
- Comprehension questions from some motivational essays
- R. Karl Paulnack
- Questions on the Biography of national leaders
- Questions on Oscar Wilde’s
- Questions on Shakespeare’s
Part C – Authors and their Literary Works
- Match the poems with the poets
- Literary works that are centred around nature, conservation and global issue environment
- Matching the poets and poems
- Which Nationality the story belongs to?
- Identify the author with a short story
- To which period the poets belong to
- Famous Quotes – Who said?
- Whose biography/autobiography is this?
- Which nationality the poet belongs to?
- What is the theme observed in the literary works?
- Various works of popular poets and authors
- Important lines, quotes and characters from some Indian authors
- Drama famous quotes, characters and lines from Julius Caesar
- Mention the poem in which these lines occur
- About the dramatists
- Match the painter, dramatist, poet and places with a suitable option
- Match the folk arts with the Indian state or country
- About the poets
- Match the characters with the relevant story title
- Match the author with the relevant title/character
TNPSC Group 2A selection process will be based on merit considering the marks secured in the written test subject to document verification. The written examination for the TNPSC Group-IIA recruitment will be conducted in objective type, and marks secured in the written test will alone be considered for merit. Minimum qualifying marks for all communities will be 90. Category wise cut off marks will be decided by TNPSC and the category wise merit list will be released.
Exam will be conducted in around 32 districts in the state of Tamil Nadu. Moreover, each district will have four or five centres, where the applicants can take up the test. Applicants will have to choose the centre in which they wish to take up the test right during the application submission.
TNPSC Group 2A Important Dates
|Final date for the payment of examination fee through bank||Three days after the last date to submit in June 2020|
|Written Examination Date||August 2020|
|Tentative answer key hosting||Two or three days after the preliminary examination|
|Gap to raise objections for tentative answer key||A week from the publishing of preliminary answer key|
|Written Examination Result||Around a month after the date of the test|
|Document Verification Call Letter||Around a week after the result for Written examination|
|Scheduled for Document Verification||To be notified|
|Final list of selected candidates||December 2020|
TNPSC Group 2A FAQs
Q. Does TNPSC Conduct Group II A Recruitment For Different Positions?
A. Yes, the TNPSC conducts this recruitment for different positions like the personal clerk, steno-typist and for assistant position to work in various departments that belong to the Tamil Nadu state government.
Q. Will The Pay Scale Differ For Each Position?
A. Even though the pay scale will be similar, the grade pay will be different for each of the position included in the Group IIA recruitment. You can get to know the actual grade pay from the official details published by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.