TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 2020 [Application Form, Exam Pattern, Date] : TNPSC Group 2A has been merged with Group 2, hence a common notification for the recruitment of vacancies of non-interview posts will be released in October 2020. After release of notification, interested and eligible candidates will be able to apply online through website @ https://apply.tnpscexams.in. Portal for submission of online applications for the posts of Group 2 & Group 2A will remain open up to Nov 2020. Once application process is over, admit card for preliminary examination will be issued online. A common preliminary examination for both Group 2 and Group 2A vacancies (Interview Posts and Non-Interview Posts) will be held in November 2020 whereas results of the same examination will be released by the end of November 2020.
Every year through TNPSC Group 2A, many different positions in government departments in the state of Tamil Nadu are filled. The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Combined Civil Services – II A denotes non-interview positions. As far as 2020 is concerned, as per the Annual Planner of Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, the notification for the Combined Civil Services Examination – II A will be released probably in the month of May 2020. The examination for this recruitment will be conducted as an objective-type test and the questions will be in degree standard. The test is conducted for 300 marks in total.
- Important Dates
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Exam Pattern
- Selection Process
- Hall Tickets
- Cut Off
TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 Important Dates
As the actual notification for the TNPSC Combined Civil Services Examination group IIA is yet to be released, here are some tentative dates for candidates planning to apply for this recruitment:
|Release of Notification||Oct 2020|
|Starting date to apply||Oct 2020|
|Closing date to apply||Nov 2020|
|Last date for the payment of examination fee through bank||Three days after the last date to submit in June 2020|
|Date of Prelim Written Examination||Jan 2020|
|Hosting of tentative answer key||Two or three days after the preliminary examination|
|Timeline for raising objections for tentative answer key||A week from the publishing of preliminary answer key|
|Result for the Written Examination||One month after the date of the test|
|Date of Main Written Examination||-|
|Result of Main Written Examination||-|
|Call Letter For Document Verification/ Oral Test||A week after the result for Written examination|
|Document verification scheduled||To be notified|
|Publishing Final list of selected candidates||May 2020|
TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 Notification 2020
TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 notification for non-interview and interview posts will be released in the month of October 2020. A link to download TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 common notification has been provided below. For the regular updates, candidates are recommended to visit the latest notification page of official website.
Download TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 common notification PDF
TNPSC Group 2A and Group 2 Eligibility
As the TNPSC Group II-A and Group 2 recruitment is conducted for different positions, the educational qualification requirement differs from one position to another. However, here are certain details that candidates will have to know about the eligibility requirement.
As on the 1st of July 2020, the minimum age requirement to be met by applicants for all positions is 18 years. The upper age limit for the UR category candidates is 30 years. There is no upper age limit for candidates from SC/ST (A)/ST/MBC/Denotified communities/BC (Other than Muslims), BC (Muslims) and destitute women of all castes. There is no upper age limit for differently abled candidates. For ex-servicemen, there is no upper age limit for candidates from reserved categories. For others, the utmost age limit is 48 years. However, the relaxation will not be applicable for candidates, who have already been appointed to any category, class or service.
Educational and Technical Qualification
The educational and technical qualification required for different positions in TNPSC Combined Civil Services Examination – IIA is as per the table given below:
|Name of the position||Educational Qualification||Technical Qualification|
|Personal Clerk in Secretariat (other than law and finance department)||Any UG Degree||(1) Candidate must have completed Government Technical Examination in Typewriting both by higher grade in Tamil and English and
(2) Must have completed the government technical examination in Shorthand both by higher grade in Tamil and English
In case, an applicant does not have the qualifications mentioned above, candidates must have passed the following examinations in the order of Preference given below:
1. Government Technical Examination in Typewriting and shorthand in Tamil both by higher grade and typewriting and shorthand in English both by the lower grade
2. Government Technical Examination in Typewriting and shorthand in English both by higher grade and typewriting and shorthand in Tamil both by the lower grade
(3) Certificate course in computer on office automation conducted by the Technical education department
Candidates without the computer certificate can also apply. But, if selected, they will have to clear this certificate course before completing their probationary period.
|Personal Clerk in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Steno-typist in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat|
|Assistant in the following departments:|
Transport & School education, Tamil Nadu Text Book and Educational Services Corporation, Divisions of Commercial Taxes, stationery and printing, etc.
|Any UG Degree||-|
|Accountant in Treasuries and Accounts Department||Any UG Degree. If other things are equal preference will be given to candidates from commerce background||-|
|Assistant in (Law Department) Secretariat||B.L. Degree conferred by any university recognised by the UGC||-|
|Assistant in (Finance Department) Secretariat||Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Economics or Statistics||-|
|Assistant and Lower Division Clerk in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly||Any UG Degree||-|
The result for the examinations for the qualifications mentioned above should have been declared before the date of notification. So, candidates waiting for results cannot apply. The qualifications mentioned above must have been obtained by candidates in proper order like SSLC, HSC and then a degree.
Knowledge Of Tamil
Every applicant should have adequate knowledge in Tamil on the date of the notification issue. It means that the applicant must have studied Tamil as one of the languages or should have studied the High School in Tamil Medium. Even, candidates with second class language test in Tamil conducted by TNPSC certification can apply. Candidates without adequate Tamil knowledge can also apply. In case they are selected, they will have to pass the second class language test in Tamil conducted by TNPSC within two years from the date of appointment. If they do not do so they will be discharged from the service.
Certificate Of Physical Fitness
Candidates appointed for all positions in this recruitment will have to produce a certificate of physical fitness with the form given below before the appointment:
|Name of the position||Form of Certificate of Physical Fitness||Standard of Vision|
|For all posts||Form Prescribed for posts in Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service, Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service and Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service||Standard – III or better|
In the case of applicants with defective vision, they will have to produce eye fitness certificate from a qualified eye specialist when they are invited to produce the same.
TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 Application Form 2020
The application form for the TNPSC Group A/ Combined Civil Services Examination – II A will have to be submitted by the interested candidates only through online mode from the official website of the TNPSC. Candidates should be aware of the last date to apply and they should apply before the last date stated in the notification without fail.
The process to be followed by the aspiring candidates to apply for the TNPSC Combined Civil Services Examination Group II – A is as follows:
- In case, you wish to apply to this recruitment, you will have to apply through the website of TNPSC either at tnpscexams.in, www.tnpscexams.net or tnpsc.gov.in.
- The thing you will have to remember is that before you can apply, you will have to first register yourself using the One-Time Registration process.
- Shortly called as OTR, this is essential along with Applicant Dashboard to apply for any position with TNPSC.
One-Time Registration (OTR) Process
- Open TNPSC website @ tnpscexams.in and click on One Time registration (OTP) link
- Click on ‘New User’
- Enter your name as it appears in the SSLC Mark Sheet
- Fill up your name and initial in separate boxes. If your name does not have the initial, you can leave the appropriate box for initial blank
- Now, you will have to enter your DOB as it appears in your class X Certificate
- Then, enter your father’s and mother’s name and then select your gender
- Now, type the Taluk name in the place of birth tab
- Then, select the district name and then the place of birth of your father, your mother tongue, nationality and religion
- Now, you will have to enter your community details. You will have to choose the communal category only if you have the community certificate issued in any district in Tamil Nadu. The other candidates will have to choose the option called “Others” in the communal category drop-down menu
- Next, you will have to enter the details of your community certificate. The details you should enter include communal category, certificate number, the name of the district, name of the Taluk, Name of the sub-caste, and Date of Issue and Issuing authority details from your community certificate.
- Next, you will have to provide details about your SSLC Certificate
- Then, you will have to provide your mobile number and Email ID. As the commission will send all the communications to the mobile number and Email ID, you should use valid Email ID and mobile number, which can either be yours or even your parent’s mobile number and Email ID
- Next, you will have to provide details about your correspondence address and permanent address. If both addresses are the same for you, you can enter your address in the correspondence address space and can select “same as correspondence address” from the dropdown menu in Permanent Address option
- Next comes the user ID and it shall be between 5 and 15 alphanumeric characters. To know whether the user ID that you are interested in is available, you can click on the “show availability” option. If not available, you will have to try a different User ID
- Then, you will have to enter the password, which can be 5-10 alphanumeric characters. Once both are approved by the system, take note of the user ID and password
- Then, you will see the declaration page, where you will have to read the page and should enable the checkbox at the end of the page
- Before you enter the submit button, you will find the entered details. Make sure that all details are correct before you click on the “submit” button
- After you confirm the details by clicking on the submit button, you will get an OTP to your registered mobile number. You will have to enter this OTP at the OTR page and then click submit again
- For OTR, you will have to pay a registration fee of Rs.150 and once you are registered, it will be valid for 5 years and you can apply for any position directly with this OTR for this period
- Now, the instructions for making the registration fee payment will be displayed by the OTR form. You can select your payment option and you will have three options out of which you can choose one. The options are Net Banking, credit cards & debit cards and Challan & Counter Payment
- Then, you will have to make the payment as per the onscreen instructions
- You can also check the status of your payment as you will find this option on the home page of the OTR website of TNPSC
- You can also change the password if you forget it and you can also edit details in the OTR. However, some data cannot be changed. You will also find complete details about the posts for which you have applied with TNPSC from the applicant’s dashboard that you will find once you log in to the website of TNPSC
- You will have to submit your application only when you log in using the registration ID and password that you get through the OTR.
- To apply for OTR, you should have scanned copy of your photograph and signature either in your system or in pen drive or DVD or CD.
TNPSC Group 2A : How To Apply Online?
- In case, you already have registered with OTR on or before the 29th of September 2015, you can use your existing User ID and password to create the Applicants Dashboard in the new OTR system. You should remember that you should never create more than one registration ID in the OTR System
- If you wish to apply to this recruitment with your registration number and password, you will have to click on the “apply” option that you will find against the recruitment notified in the website of the TNPSC
- You should select the service or post for which you wish to apply
- You will have to upload the photograph and signature as per the specifications you will find in the guidelines for scanning and uploading photograph and signature
- You should remember that an online application uploaded without the signature and photograph will be rejected by the commission
- All the particulars you give in the online application including the centre of examination, Email ID, address, DOB, communal category, educational qualification, post applied and your name will be considered final
- You cannot make any modifications after the last date to apply specified in the online application. Also, you should remember that some fields are fixed and cannot be edited. So, you should take the utmost care when you fill up the online application. Any request for change of entries will not be entertained by the commission
- After submitting your application, you have the option to save or print your application in PDF Format
- You can download the submitted application by entering your registration number and password in TNPSC Website
- Once you have applied, you need not have to send the printout of the application or any other supporting documents to the commission
- Your certificates will be verified only when you selected to the further rounds of the selection process in TNPSC CCSE – IIA recruitment.
If you have already registered, you can pay only TNPSC Group 2A examination fee of Rs.100. You should pay this fee at the time of applying for this recruitment. But, fee concession is applicable for some candidates as per the details given below:
|SC/ST/SC (A)||Full Exemption||-|
|Differently-abled people and destitute women of all communities||Full Exemption||For differently-abled individuals, the disability should be more than 40%|
|For destitute women, they will have to get the DW certificate from the Assistant Collector/Sub-Collector or RDO|
|MBC/Denotified communities/BC (other than Muslims)/BC Muslims||Candidates, who have not availed the three free chances till date in any of the past recruitments may avail exemption from the payment of exam fee.||Should not have used three free chances in any of the previous notifications|
|Ex-Servicemen||Candidates, who have not availed the two free chances till date in any of the past recruitments may avail exemption from the payment of exam fee.||Should not have used two free chances in any of the previous notifications|
|The fee concession will not be applicable for candidates, who have already recruited for any service or class or category.|
The fee can be paid online or offline using the post office/Indian bank or SBI bank challan. You should be aware of the last date to pay the fee from the notification and should pay within the last date without fail.
When you apply, you should have all your educational certificates, scanned copy of your photograph and signature ready. Also, to make the payment, you should have your credit/debit card details if you choose online payment mode.
TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 Exam Pattern
TNPSC Group 2A and Group 2 test will be conducted in 2 stages Prelim and Main exam.
First, a common preliminary examination will be conducted for both Group 2 and Group 2A posts (Interview posts and non-interview posts). It will be an objective type paper of qualifying nature. Structure of Preliminary examination has been provided below.
|Subject||No. of MCQs||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|General Studies |
|Aptitude & Mental Ability Test|
Candidates who manage to qualify Prelim exam will be called to appear for main examination. Scheme for main written examination has been provided below.
|Parts||Test name||No. of questions||Marks||Total marks|
|A||English to Tamil Translation||2||25||50|
|Tamil to English Translation||2||25||50|
|Candidates who qualify minimum qualifying marks (i.e. 25) in Part A will be eligible for evaluation of Part B|
|Essay Writing on ‘Thirukkural’||2||20||40|
|Letter writing (Official)||2||20||40|
Oral test will be conducted for Group 2 posts (Interview posts). It will be for 40 marks. Marks obtained by candidates will be considered while preparing final merit.
TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 Common Syllabus 2020
The topics covered in the syllabus for the TNPSC Combined Civil Services Examination – IIA and Group 2 examination will cover the following topics:
Preliminary Exam Syllabus
- General Science – Environment and Ecology, Scientific Knowledge and Scientific temper, Nature of Universe, Elements and Compounds, Salts, Acids, Fertilizers, Bases, Petroleum Products, Pesticides, Main concepts of Life Science etc.
- Current Events – History, Polity, Geography, Economics and Science
- Geography of India – Location – Physical features, Transport – Communication, Natural calamity, Social geography etc.
- History and culture of India – India as a Secular State, Social harmony, Characteristics of Indian culture, Change and Continuity in the Socio – Cultural History of India, Indus valley civilization
- Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Indian National Movement
- History, Culture, Heritage and Socio – Political Movement in Tamil Nadu
- Development Administration in TN
Aptitude & Mental Ability Test
- Logical Reasoning
- Time and Work Decision making and problem-solving
- Lowest Common Multiple
- Highest Common factor
- Ratio and proportion
Main Exam Syllabus
For title 1 to 5 in main written examination, following syllabus will be applicable
- Origin and Development of Tamil Civilization
- Dramatic Art Form
- Musical Tradition of Tamil Nadu
- Sangam Period Literature
- Contemporary Tamil Language
- Contribution of Social Reform Movements
- Rationalist Movements
- Socio – Economic History
For title 6 – Essay writing on the following topics from ‘Thirukkural’
- Significance as a Secular literature
- Thirukkural and Universal Values – Equality, Humanism, etc.
- Impact of Thirukkural on Humanity
- Relevance to Everyday Life
- Relevance to Socio – Politico – Economic affairs
- Philosophical content in Thirukkural
For title 7, there will be syllabus of Letter Writing official)
For Group 2 Interview posts – Preliminary examination will be conducted for shortlisting of candidates for main examination whereas final selection will be done on the basis of merit to be drawn after considering marks in main written examination and oral test. To be considered for final selection, candidates will have to score at least 102 marks out of 340 (minimum qualifying marks).
For Group 2A Non – interview posts – The selection of suitable candidates for the TNPSC Group 2A non-interview positions will be on the basis of the marks that candidates get in the written examination. Further, on the basis of the post, the option exercised by the applicants will be considered along with the reservation rule will be followed for the final selection of the candidates for each position and each unit. For complete details about the reservation policy, candidates can visit the page of TNPSC at tnpsc.gov.in
TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 Hall Tickets 2020
For eligible candidates, the hall tickets will be available on the website of the TNPSC at www.tnpsc.gov.in or at www.tnpscexams.net or www.tnpscexams.in. It will be uploaded by the commission around 10 days before the date of the written test. Candidates will not get the hall tickets to their homes. So, they are recommended to regularly visit the website of the commission before the exam date to download the hall ticket. The hall tickets will have the instructions to be followed by the applicants at the test centre and candidates are recommended to strictly follow the instructions.
How To Get TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 Admit Card?
- Visit http://www.tnpscexams.in
- Find Combined Civil Service Examination – IIA & Group 2
- Against that click on ‘Download Admit Card’
- Enter Application No./ Login ID and DOB
- Click on Submit button to get admit card
- Take print out
TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 Result 2020
Candidates, who have taken up the TNPSC Combined Civil Service Examination – IIA and 2 written test, can expect the release of the result about a month after the date of the written test. Once the results are available on the commission’s website, they will be notified about the same on their registered mobile number and email address. Candidates are recommended to visit the website of the commission themselves after the written test for updates on results. The reason is that in case they do not get the information to their email/phone, they might miss out further updates.
How To Check TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 Result?
- Visit TNPSC website and click on ‘Latest Results’ or Click Here
- @ http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/results.html
- Under Name of the Post find Combined Civil Service Examination – IIA& Group 2 . Against that under Written Exam results, Click on ‘Download CV’
- A Pdf file will be downloaded that contain selected candidates roll numbers for CV (Certificate Verification)
- Rank and marks can also be checked by clicking on the respective link and by submitting registration number.
TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 Qualifying Marks
The TNPSC specifies the minimum qualifying mark for the Group 2A and 2 written test every year along with the notification. Minimum Qualifying Marks for All Communities are common for both Interview and non-interview posts
|Examination||Minimum Qualifying Marks for All Communities|
|Preliminary examination||90 out of 300|
|Main examination (for Interview posts)||102 out of 340|
|Main examination (for non - interview posts)||90 out of 300|
The minimum qualifying cut-off for the prelim written test is 90 out 300. Main exam (Interview posts) qualifying marks are 102 out of 340 and for Main examination (for non – interview posts) 90 out of 300. Securing more than qualifying marks does not mean that a candidate will find a placement. The candidates securing more than qualifying marks will be ranked in the order of merit and only a certain number of candidates will be called based on the preference they have exercised in the application.
TNPSC Group 2A Salary
The pay scale for different positions in different departments for which recruitment is done through common Group – II A & Group 2 examination are as per the table below:
Group 2A Posts Salary
|Name of Position||Scale of Pay|
|Personal Clerk in different departments||Rs.5200-20200+Grade Pay Rs.2800/- (PB-1)|
|Assistant Position in various departments in Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service and in Divisions of Commercial Taxes Department||Rs.5200-20200+Grade Pay Rs.2800/- (PB-1)|
|Assistant in various departments in Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service/TNPSC/Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service||Rs.5200-20200+Grade Pay Rs.2600/- (PB-1)|
Group 2 Posts Salary
|Name of the post||Salary|
|Probation Officer (Social Defence Department)||Rs. 36900 - 116600/- Level-18|
|Junior Employment Officer (Employment and Training Department) (Non- Differently Abled)|
|Probation Officer (Prison Department)|
|Assistant Inspector of Labour (Labour Department)|
|Grade-II Sub Registrar|
|Industrial Co-operative Officer (Industries and Commerce Department)||Rs. 37200 - 117600/- Level-19|
|Assistant Section Officers in various government departments in Tamil Nadu||Rs.36400 - 115700/- Level-16|
|Supervisor / Junior Superintendent (Tamil Nadu Agricultural Marketing / Agricultural Business Department)||Rs.35400 - 112400/- 20 Level-11|
|(Milk Production and Dairy Development Department) - Senior Inspectors|
|(Department of Registrar of Co-operative Societies)- Senior Inspector of Co-operative Societies|
|Assistant Inspector in Local Fund Audit Department|
|Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives|
|( Industries and Commerce Department)|
|Revenue Assistant (Revenue Department)||Rs.20600 - 65500/- Level-10|
|Executive Officer, Grade-II in Town Panchayats Department||Rs.19500 - 62000/- Level-8|
|Audit Assistant (Accounts Branch of Highways & Rural Works Department)|
TNPSC Group 2A & Group A Examination 2020 FAQs
Q. How Many Vacancies Will Be Filled Through Group 2A & Group 2 Examination 2020?
A. No. of vacancies will be notified soon.
Q. When Common Notification Will Be Released?
A. A common notification for both Group 2 and Group 2A will be released in October 2020.
Q. How Many Questions Will Be In Preliminary Examination?
A. In prelims, 200 objective type questions will be asked.
Q. What Are The Minimum Qualifying Marks For Interview Posts?
A. 102 out of 340.