TNPSC VAO 2021 [Exam Date, Pattern, Apply Online] : Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission will release TNPSC Group 4 2021 Notification on 14th Sep 2021 for the recruitment of eligible candidates for 397 vacant posts of VAO (Village Administrative Officer) under Group 4 Services.
- TNPSC VAO 2021 will be a written examination for direct recruitment to the post of Village Administrative Officer included in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service.
- TNPSC Group 4 VAO exam will be conducted on 1st December 2021 between 10 am to 1 pm.
- Candidates who have passed S.S.L.C Public Examination or its equivalent are eligible to apply for TNPSC VAO recruitment through online mode on the Commission’s websites @www.tnpscexams.in / www.tnpscexams.net / www.tnpsc.gov.in.
But before applying online, interested candidates are required to know few essential things such as TNPSC Group 4/ VAO date of release of notification, vacancies, important dates, age limit & qualification, how to apply, fees & mode of payment, scheme of examination & syllabus, hall ticket, center for examination, selection procedure, result, cut off, etc.
- Important Dates
- Fee & Payment
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Exam Pattern
- Selection Procedure
- Admit Card
- Exam Centers
- Cut Off
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission also known as TNPSC is one of the largest government recruitment organizations in the state of Tamil Nadu. The TNPSC is responsible for the recruitment of the best, energetic and young candidates out there.
Every year, the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission conducts several recruitment examinations to fulfill the need for manpower in various administrative offices located within the state. From Group-I to Grade-III, the commission conducts examinations for all the job posts vacant in government offices.
TNPSC VAO 2021 Important Dates
|Recruitment conducted by||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (also known as TNPSC)|
|Exam name||TNPSC VAO 2021|
|Exam conducted for Post||Village Administrative Officer (VAO)|
|Essential Qualification||Passed in 10th|
|Form starting date||14th June 2021|
|Form submission Last date||14th July 2021|
|Last date to pay fee through bank (SBI/ HDFC) or post office (Offline Fee)||16th July 2021|
|Post name||Village Administrative Officer|
|Job Place||Within the Tamil Nadu|
|Date & time of written examination||1st Sept 2021 (10 am - 1 pm)|
|Examination centers||In Several districts of Tamil Nadu|
|Admit card released on||-|
- TNPSC Group 4 2021
- TNPSC Group 4 Apply Online
- TNPSC Group 4 Hall Tickets
- TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus
- TNPSC Group 4 Results
TNPSC VAO 2021 Notification
TNPSC VAO 2021 Notification (Group 4) is likely to be released on 14th September 2021 through the website of Commission i.e. www.tnpsc.gov.in.
TNPSC VAO [Group 4] Notification 2021 PDF In English
TNPSC VAO [Group 4] Notification 2021 PDF In Tamil
TNPSC VAO 2021 Total Number of Vacancies
It is expected that with this recruitment examination, the TNPSC will recruit nearly 397 candidates for the posts of VAO vacant in the government’s administrative offices located across the state of Tamil Nadu. However, an exact number of vacancies will be disclosed by TNPSC after releasing VAO 2021 official notification.
TNPSC VAO 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who will be applying online for TNPSC VAO/ Group 4 must satisfy the following eligibility conditions
An applicant should be a citizen of India OR a subject of Bhutan or Nepal OR a PIO who is permanently living in India OR a Tibetan refugee who is permanently living in India before the 01 Jan 1962.
Apart from citizens of India, the rest applicants will have to obtain a certificate of eligibility from the Government of Tamil Nadu.
As on 01 July 2021, the candidate should be 21 years old but not have attained an age of 30 years.
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs of all castes||21 - 40 years|
|Others||21 - 30 years|
Note – full-form of abbreviations used in the above table are- SCs- Scheduled Castes, SC(A)s- Scheduled Castes (Arunthathiyars), STs- Scheduled Tribes, MBCs/DCs- Most Backward Classes /Denotified Communities, BCs- Backward classes (other than Muslim), BCMs- Backward Classes (Muslim)
|Category||Age concession upto|
|Differently Abled Persons||10 years|
|Ex-servicemen of SCs, SC(A)s, STs,|
MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs
|Upper age limit is 53 Years|
|Ex-servicemen of others OR not belonging to to SCs, SC(A)s, STs,|
MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs
|Upper age limit is 48 Years|
Educational Qualifications (As on 01 July 2021)
The candidates who will be applying for the post of Village Administrative Officer must have passed the S.S.L.C Public Examination or its equivalent with eligibility for admission to College Courses of studies OR to Higher Secondary Courses of Studies. They must also possess adequate knowledge of Tamil.
TNPSC VAO 2021 Application Fee & Mode of Payment
All the TNPSC Group 4/ VAO interested candidates of general or OBC categories have to pay a fee of Rupees 100/- as their examination fee along with a one-time registration fee of Rs 150/-. Candidates of Scheduled Castes, SC (A) s- Scheduled Castes (Arunthathiyars) are fully exempted from the examination fee. However, all such candidates have to pay a one-time registration fee of Rs 150/-.
All the applicants are recommended to pay their fee online using a credit/debit card or net banking. However, fees can be paid offline as well through Bank Chalan or Post Office Chalan. Fee submitted through Chalan would take a minimum of 2 working days for reconciliation.
TNPSC VAO 2021 Application Form & Process
A candidate who wants to apply for TNPSC VAO 2021/ Group 4 must know that only online applications will be accepted by the examination conducting authorities. Application submitted in other modes will be rejected without informing candidates. TNPSC Group 4/ VAO application form will start from 14th Sep 2021 and the last date to submit the online application form is 14th Oct 2021.
How To Apply For TNPSC VAO 2021 Examination?
Only eligible candidates are recommended to apply for TNPSC VAO 2021 through the commission’s official website. The complete application process is given below-
- Open official website of TNPSC
- Before submitting an online application, read the official notification carefully to understand eligibility criteria and other things.
- Click the ‘One-time registration’ tab available on the homepage as it is mandatory before applying for TNPSC VAO 2021
One Time Registration (OTR)
- Click on the ‘New User’ tab
- Enter ‘Login ID’ as per your choice then click on the tab ‘Check Availability’
- Enter and confirm the password
- Enter and confirm email ID
- Enter your full name
- Enter and verify your mobile number
- Enter your father’s / mother’s names
- Select gender and marital status
- Select your date of birth and place of birth
- Select ‘Native (Origin) District / State’
- Select your father’s place of birth
- Select your religion and nationality
- Check all the details entered by you then click on the tab ‘Submit & Continue’
- Select your ‘Community’
- Enter details of your ‘S.S.L.C.’ examination such as ‘S.S.L.C. register number’, ‘S.S.L.C. Month / Year of Passing’, ‘S.S.L.C. Education Board’ and ‘S.S.L.C. Certificate Number’
- Write details of your address of Communication
- Enter your permanent address
- Click on the tab ‘Submit & continue’
- Upload scanned image of your photo and signature
- Click on the tab ‘Submit & Continue’
- Details entered by you will appear on the screen
- If you want to edit your data, click on the tab ‘Edit your data’ otherwise read and accept the given declaration
- Then click on the tab ‘Submit & Continue’
- Pay OTR fee by clicking on ‘Proceed To payment’
- Select ‘Payment Gateway’ and ‘Payment Type’
- Click on the tab ‘Proceed To Pay’
- Once again, click on the tab ‘Pay Now & Submit Application!’
- Make payment online
- After completing payment online, you will get OTR registration ID on your registered email ID and mobile number
VAO Apply Online Process
- Click on the ‘Apply’ link available against the advertisement ‘Village Administrative Officer’
- Enter your Login ID and password then click on the tab ‘Continue’
- Select post for which you want to apply
- Fill in additional details in your online VAO application
- Pay the examination fee (if applicable)
- Submit your application
- Save then print your application
Note – The online application form will be considered incomplete without fee submission.
Things Needed For Applying Online
- Email ID
- Mobile number
- Scanned image of recent passport size photo in gif/jpeg/jpg format; the size of the file should be between 20 kb and 50 kb
- Scanned image of signature in gif/jpeg/jpg format; the size of the file should be between 10 kb and 20 kb; signature in capital letters will not be accepted
- Details of credit/debit card or internet banking
TNPSC VAO 2021 Exam Pattern
TNPSC VAO 2021 paper will contain objective-type questions and conducted in offline mode i.e. PBT (pen and paper mode).
|Subject||Questions||Marks||Duration||Qualifying marks (All Communities)|
|General studies||75||300 marks||3 Hours||90|
|General English OR General Tamil||100|
TNPSC VAO 2021 Subject & Topic-wise Syllabus (S.S.L.C. Standard
- General studies – Topics of General science subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Botany & Zoology), national/international current affairs (History, political science, geography, economics, and science), history & culture of Indian & Tamil Nadu, Indian Polity/economy, Indian national movement, etc.
- Aptitude test – Logical reasoning (puzzles & dice), visual & alphanumeric reasoning, Analytical interpretation of data, HCF & LCM, ratio & proportion, compound & simple interest, area & volume, work & time, Conversion of information to data, etc.
- General English – Synonyms, antonyms, preposition, tenses, voices, error finding, sentence correction, sentence identifying, figures of speech, Questions on the Biography of- Nelson Mandela, Abraham Lincoln, Dr.Salim Ali, Rani of Jhansi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Subash Chandra Bose, Mahatma Gandhi, etc.
For, complete TNPSC VAO 2021 syllabus, you need to visit TNPSC official website or download a pdf
TNPSC VAO 2021 Selection Procedure
After conducting the VAO examination successfully, TNPSC will prepare a tentative merit list on the basis of marks in the written examination. Candidates who have their names on the tentative merit list will be called for certificate verification. After verification, selected candidates will be appointed to the post of Village Administrative Officer.
TNPSC VAO 2021 Admit Card
Few weeks before the date of examination, the TNPSC will release and publish VAO 2021/ Group 4 admit cards on its official website by August 2021. All the candidates need to download their admit cards by following few below-mentioned simple steps.
- Open TNPSC official website
- Login to your account
- Find and click the ‘Download Admit card’ link
- Take a printout of your admit card
Note – No Admit cards will be sent by post.
TNPSC VAO 2021 Examination Centers
The TNPSC will conduct VAO 2021 examination across the state. Names of few examination centers are as follows- Villivakkam, Vadapalani, Triplicane, Purasavakkam, Pethanaickenpalayam, Perambur, Nungambakkam, Kolathur, Kilpauk, Egmore, Manamadurai, Ayanavaram, Ashok Nagar, Arumbakkam, Vazhapadi¸ Kadayampatti, Annanagar, Udayarpalayam, Thottiyam, Manapparai, Lalgudi, Sathankulam, Sendurai, Ariyalur, Washermenpet, Tondairpet, Rameswaram, Tiruvottriyur, Royapuram, Valparai, Pollachi, Mettupalayam, Coimbatore South, Kovilpatti, Coimbatore North, Viruddhachalam, Tittakudi, Panruti, Kattumannarkoil, Tiruchuli, Srivilliputhur, Vanur, Sattur, Rajapalayam, Sankarapuram, Walajah, Arcot, Vellore, Ambur, Sivagiri, Tenkasi, Musiri, Polur, etc.
TNPSC VAO 2021 Result
The TNPSC releases the VAO/ Group IV 2021 results on its official website by Jan 2022. Results will be published after few weeks from the date of the recruitment examination. Candidates are advised to check TNPSC’s website regularly or check here for further updates on results.
How To Check Results
- Open Official Website of TNPSC
- Find and click on the ‘Latest results’ option
- Find VAO results under ‘name of the post category’
- Click on ‘Written exam results’ in the same row of VAO results
- The pdf file will be opened in a new tab
- Check your roll number
TNPSC VAO 2021 Cut Off
After the result declaration, candidates have to check TNPSC VAO/ Group IV 2021 Cut-off marks on the website. Cut-off marks are the minimum marks set by the TNPSC for candidates to qualify this examination. For this examination, 90 marks are the qualifying marks set by TNPSC.
TNPSC VAO Salary
TNPSC VAO under group 4 services is eligible for the following pre-revised scale of pay
- 5,200 – 20,200/- + 2,400-G.P (PB-1) (PM)
TNPSC VAO 2021 FAQs
Q. When TNPSC VAO 2021 Notification Will Be Released?
A. TNPSC VAO 2021 notification will be released on 14th September 2021.
Q. What Is The Number Of VAO Vacancies?
A. 397 (Approximate).
Q. What Is The Amount To Pay Towards OTR Fees?
A. Rs. 150/-
Q. What Is The Examination Fee For Differently Abled Persons?
A. Differently abled persons are exempted from payment of examination fees. However, they will have to pay OTR fees.
Q. What Is The Date Of TNPSC VAO Examination?
A. TNPSC VAO examination date will be notified soon and expected to be held in Dec 2021.
Hi..My name is pandian.. I’m a 12th graduate..Since I have undergone a renal surgery , and due to the intake of over dosages i lost my hearing ability..I have registered through online.. Should i need to pay for the examination..
All the new users of TNPSC have to pay Rs. 150/- as a one-time registration fee. Persons with disability (more than 40%) are exempted from payment of examination fee of Rs. 100/-.