Check TNTET Results 2020 [Cut Off, Answer Key] : The Teacher Recruitment Board will publish TNTET Result 2020 on the official website. If you have taken up the paper I or Paper II of the written test, you can expect the result to be released in the month of July 2020. However, it is better to regularly visit the website of the TRB to keep yourself posted about the exact date.
TNTET Result Release Date
Once the TNTET result is released by the Teacher’s Recruitment Board, you will find a link right on the home page of the board at trb.tn.nic.in/. So, you should visit this website regularly to know the exact date of release of the result. However, you can somewhat judge as the board will first release the answer key for the written test. Only after the board publishes the final answer key, it will take a month or two after the release for publishing the results for the written test.
TNTET Answer Key 2020
As you can judge, the official answer key for the TNTET 2020 for Paper I and Paper II will have the correct answers for the objective type test you took for any of these papers. The board will release the answer key within a week of the test. The board does this to help candidates. The reason is that they will remember the answers they gave in the test for not more than a week. This will happen both for the paper I and Paper II on the website of TRB.
How To Download The Answer Key?
- Visit the website of TRB @ trb.tn.nic.in/
- Click on the link “Tamil Nadu Teachers Eligibility Test (TNTET) – 2020
- A drop-down menu will open. You will find a link to “Tentative Key” on this menu.
- Click on it, you will be taken to a page that contains instructions. Read them and click Next Button.
- Choose Paper I or Paper II
- On this page, you will also have a link for an application that you can use for raising a dispute if any on the tentative key.
- Around a month after the publishing of tentative answer key, the final answer key will be published.
- Click on the final answer key and read the instructions and click Next
- Now, Click Paper I or Paper II
- Download the answer key, which will be in PDF format and will have the question number and correct answer for all subjects.
- If you do not want to download, you can also print it.
Important Dates From Results To Allotment
You can know the exact dates after the written test for the result. Similarly, you can check the website of TRB after the result for the date from which you can download the scorecard.
|Result for Written Test||Date|
|Paper I||July 2020|
|Paper II||July 2020|
|Publishing of Scorecard||A week after the publishing of results|
How To Check/ Download TNTET Result?
- Visit TRB website @http://trb.tn.nic.in/
- Click on the link that shows TNTET Result 2020
- A drop-down menu will open
- Click on the link that shows “Examination Result”
- When you click on the link, you will find some details to be read
- Read them and click on the Next Button
- Now, click either Paper I or Paper II for which you have applied
- The resulting page will open in PDF format and it will have the list of roll numbers and the marks secured by each candidate
- If you have secured more than 60% of marks, it means that you have qualified. Otherwise, you do not qualify.
Details On Result Card/Scorecard
A month after publishing the TNTET result, the TRB will publish the certificate of marks for the test takers. To get your marks, you should know your roll number and your date of birth. Once you provide these details after clicking on the appropriate link to the certificate of marks on the website of TRB, you will get to see your scorecard, which will have the following details:
- Your name
- Your roll number
- The marks you have secured in each section of the paper
- Total marks you have secured
- The percentage you have secured
- Whether or not you have qualified in TNTET 2020.
Certificate Of Eligibility
For General candidates securing more than 60% of marks in Paper I or Paper II will get a certificate of eligibility from the TRB and it is 55% for the reserved category candidates such as BC(M), MBC/DNC, BC, SC(A), ST, SC, and Person with Disability categories. This certificate will declare that the candidate has cleared the TET and is eligible for applying to a government teaching job in government schools. Candidates should remember that they will have to apply for jobs within 7 years of getting this certificate as it will be valid only for 7 years. After 7 years, they will have to again take the test to get the certificate. In the case of damage or loss to this certificate, candidates have the option to apply for a duplicate copy with the TRB.
TNTET Cut Off 2020
The cut-off for TNTET Paper I and Paper II will be decided by the TRB. However, the TNTET cut-off 2020 is announced by the board for 5 papers in common and they are Tamil, English, Mathematics, Science and Social Science. The minimum qualifying mark will differ based on the category to which a candidate belongs. Accordingly, here is a table to show the cut-off for different categories for these 5 subjects:
|Subject||OC||BC & BCM||MBC||SC & SCA||ST|
TNTET Result FAQs
Q. When I Apply For Government School Teacher Recruitment, Will My TET Score Alone Be Considered For My Selection?
A. No a certain percentage of weightage will be given to your TET score, while other things like your degree score, your higher secondary score, your B. Ed score will also be considered. Of course, if you belong to a reserved category, you will have a better chance of getting shortlisted as compared to candidates from the general category.
Q. Is 60% Required For All Candidates To Get Through TET?
A. No, 60% is applicable only for the general category candidates. You will have to look for the qualifying mark based on your category.