TNTET 2019 [Apply Online, Exam Dates, Application Form, Syllabus] : TNTET Notification has been released on 28 February 2019. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online to submit application form for TNTET 2019. Tamil Nadu TET apply online process will begin from 15.03.2019 and the last date of submission of online application will be 05.04.2019. Government of Tamil Nadu Teachers Recruitment Board has released the TNTET 2019 notification on its website @ trb.tn.nic.in. TNTET stands for Tamil Nadu Teach Eligibility Test, as the name implies, it is for the selection of the right candidates for the teaching position in schools for different classes. The written examination for TNTET encompasses two papers. The eligibility is different for each paper.
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Exam Pattern
- Hall Tickets
- Cut Off
TNTET 2019 Important Dates
As the notification for the TNTET 2019 has been released by the Teachers Recruitment Board, here are some actual and expected dates of Tamil Nadu TET:
|Release of TNTET Notification||February 28, 2019|
|Submission Of TNTET Online Application||March 15, 2019|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications||April 5, 2019|
|TNTET Admit Card/ Hall Ticket||May 2019 (Expected)|
|Test Dates||Announced Later (May - Expected)|
|Paper I||First Day|
|Paper II||Second Day|
|Result for Written Test|
|Paper I||June 2019 (Expected)|
|Paper II||July 2019 (Expected)|
TNTET Notification Release
TNTET Notification 2019 No. 8/2019 has been released by Teachers Recruitment Board on its official website. It has been published on February 28, 2019. As you are planning to apply for TNTET 2019, you have to go through the notification.
TNTET Eligibility 2019
As mentioned earlier, the eligibility requirement to be met will differ based on whether you plan to take up Paper I or Paper II of the TNTET. Paper I is for candidates interested in teaching classes I to V. It means that Paper I is for the selection of the right candidates for the secondary grade teaching position. Candidates, interested in becoming graduate teachers should take up Paper II of TNTET. Accordingly, here are the details:
Paper I Education Requirement of TNTET (For Classes I-V)
To apply for the paper I, you should have completed your higher secondary in 10+2 pattern with minimum of 50% marks along with a 2 year diploma in Teacher Education or 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education.
Higher secondary with minimum of 45% marks and must have passed or appearing in final year of 2 year diploma in elementary education as per NCTE regulations 2002
Higher secondary with minimum of 50% marks and must have passed or appearing in final year of 4 year B.EI.Ed (Bachelor in Elementary Education).
Higher secondary with minimum of 50% marks and must have passed or appearing in final year of 2 year diploma in education (Special Education)
Candidate should hold Graduation or passed or appearing in final year of 2 year Diploma in elementary Education.
Candidate should hold Graduation or passed or appearing in final year of Bachelor of Education.
In case, you have passed your diploma D.T.Ed / D.Ele.Ed from states other than Tamil Nadu, your certificates should be verified from a recognised teacher training institute before the certificate verification process.
Candidates appearing for the final year of the Diploma course during the academic year 2018-2019 are also allowed to appear for the Paper I of TET. However, these candidates should succeed in the course this year itself without any arrears. They should produce their diploma certificate during the certificate verification process. Otherwise, they will not be considered for the 2019 TET recruitment process. Nevertheless, they will get a TET certificate after they produce their diploma certificate. Visually challenged candidates are not eligible to apply for Paper I.
Training to Be Undergone
- A person who have passed B.Ed., from any Institute recognized by NCTE are eligible to be considered as teacher for classes I to V subject to the person must mandatorily undergo a NCTE recognized 6 month elementary education bridge course within 2 years of appointed as primary teacher.
- A candidate with B.ED., or D.Ed., in Special Education must also undergo a 6 month NCTE recognized bridge course in elementary education.
- If in case of Diploma in Education and B.Ed., in special education, RCI (Rehabilitation Council of India) recognized course only will be considered.
Paper II Education requirement Of TNTET (For Classes VI-VIII)
For this paper, you should have completed your Graduation or appearing in the final year 2 year diploma in Elementary Education.
Must hold Graduation with 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of B.Ed.,
Must have secured 45% in Graduation and passed or appearing in final year Bachelor in education/ B.Ed.
Must have done Higher secondary and should have secured 505 marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4 year B.EI.Ed. (Bachelor in Elementary Education).
10+2 with minimum of 50% marks an passed and or appearing in the final year of 4 year B.A.Ed./B.Sc.Ed./ B.A/ B.Sc. Ed.
Candidate must have secured minimum of 50% in Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of B.Ed. Special Education.
If candidates have done qualified B.Ed. program recognized by NCTE are eligible to appear in TET. A person pursuing teacher education course recognized by RCI or NCTE also eligible to appear in TET.
In the case of candidates appearing for the final year of the B. Ed course in 2018-2019, they can also apply for paper II of TET. However, they should complete their B. Ed in the same year and should produce the certificate of the course during certificate verification. Otherwise, they will not be regarded for the present year government recruitment process. Nevertheless, they will get the TET Certificate after they show the B. Ed Degree Certificate.
TNTET Application Form 2019
The application form for the TET in the state of Tamil Nadu will be available only in online mode. Eligible candidates has to apply online on the official website of Teacher Recruitment Board (TRB) website of Government of Tamil Nadu. Candidates has to submit separate applications for paper I and Paper II. Candidates can apply online for TNTET 2019 from 15.03.2019 to 05.04.2019 till 5 PM.
TNTET – How To Apply Online?
As mentioned earlier, you can apply both online and offline mode. If you choose to apply online, here is the process to follow:
- Go to the website of TRB at http://trb.tn.nic.in/
- Search for the section called “Recruitment”
- Click on the link that shows TNTET 2019
- Click on the “apply online” option
- Carefully go through the instructions and details before starting the online application process. Then, click on the “click to proceed” option
- Provide basic details for registration like your Email Address, name, mobile phone number, DOB, Father’s and Mother’s Name
- Then, move on to filling up details like educational qualification, nationality, address, choice of test centre and choose the paper I or II for which you want to apply
- Upload the photograph and signature as per the specification given in the instructions
- Upload the documents if any stated in the instruction manual
- Pay the fee towards the application using credit/debit card or net banking
- Provide your payment details and review all the details that you have entered in the application and make any changes if required
- Click on the “Submit” button if you find that you have entered all details correctly
- Once you submit the application, you will get a registration number along with a password. Keep it safe as you will need these details in the future to check results and for other purposes.
You can complete the application process only when you pay the application fee. You can pay the TNTET application fee through online mode only using Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net banking while filling the application form. The application fee will differ based on the category to which you belong. For the general category candidates, the application fee for TNTET is Rs.500, while for the SC/ST and PWD Candidates, the fee is Rs.250.
When you fill up the application for the TET either in online or offline mode, you will have to keep the following documents ready:
- Your experience certificate
- If you are a person from the reserved category, you should have the Caste Certificate
- Passport size colour photograph (JPG/JPEG/PNG format and Size of 20-60 KB)
- Full signature (JPG/JPEG/PNG format and Size of 10-30 KB)
- Age Certificate or class X certificate for Date of Birth
TNTET Exam Pattern 2019
The pattern of the test as you can judge will differ based on whether you apply for the Paper I or the Paper II of the Teacher Eligibility Test in Tamil Nadu. Accordingly, the pattern for both papers is given below:
TNTET Paper I exam pattern is given below.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Environmental Studies and Science||30||30|
|Child Development and Pedagogy|
(relevant to the age group of 6-11)
|Language II (English)||30||30|
|Language I (Tamil/ Telugu/ Malayaam/ urdu/ Kannada)||30||30|
TNTET Paper II exam pattern is given below.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Math, Science or Social Science||60||60|
|Child Development Pedagogy|
(Relevant to age group of 11-14 years)
|Language II (English)||30||30|
|Language I (Tamil Telugu/ Malayaam/ urdu/ Kannada)||30||30|
One mark will be awarded for every correct answer. There will not be any negative marks for wrong answers and questions that were not attempted by test-takers.
TNTET Syllabus 2019
Tamil Nadu teacher eligibility test syllabus 2019 has been given below as per official notification.
The syllabus for the paper I will be from the class I to V standard and here is an overview of the topics:
- Shapes & Figures
- Study of Data
- Fractional Numbers
For detailed syllabus for mathematics, candidates can click here
Environmental Studies and Science
- Animals & birds
- Day and night
- Small creatures around the children
- My Body
- Man, matter and materials
- Keeping healthy and clean
- Science in everyday
- Science from Class III to V
- Social Science from Class III to V
- Integrated learning outcomes, content and competency of history, civics and geography
For detailed syllabus, click here
Child Development and Pedagogy
This subject will have chapters relevant to the age group 6 to 11.
- Moral development during primary school years
- Emotional and social development during the 6-10 years
- Intellectual and physical development during primary school years
- The social and emotional profile of a child at the start of primary education
- The cognitive and physical profile of a child at the start of primary education
- Learning and Knowledge
- Constructivist Approach to Learning
- Factors contributing to learning
- Concepts and constructs
- Types, levels and approaches to Learning
For detailed syllabus for this part of the Paper I, candidates can click here
Language II (English)
The syllabus will have chapters from class I to V and here is an overview of the chapters:
- Language Functions
For detailed syllabus, click here
Language I (Tamil)
The syllabus will include the chapters in the Tamil Textbook from classes I to V and for detailed syllabus, candidates can click here
- Number Systems
- Life Mathematics
- Data Handling
- Practical Geometry
- Real Number system
- Applied Biology
- Exploring Phenomena
- Forces and movement
- Matter and Measurement
- Exploring the world
- Exploring Chemical Changes and Formulation
For detailed syllabus, click here
For the detailed syllabus for other papers, candidates can visit the appropriate link to each paper by clicking here
TNTET Selection Process
Candidates, who have successfully applied and taken up the test, will be declared to have cleared the TET only if they secure more than 60% of marks either in paper I or Paper II. Candidates securing more than 60% will get TET Eligibility Certificate. The validity of the certificate is 7 years from the date of issue. Then, candidates can apply to teaching position in government schools in the state of Tamil Nadu for classes I to V or VI to VIII based on whether they have cleared Paper I or Paper II. Clearing the TNTET will not guarantee a job for candidates. However, the certification will make them eligible for appointment in government schools.
TNTET Hall Ticket 2019
TNTET Admit Card or hall ticket 2019 for the written tests will be made available on the official website of the Teachers Recruitment Board.
How To Download TNTET Hall Ticket?
- Candidates will have to visit the website of the TRB @ http://trb.tn.nic.in/
- A link that shows “Hall Ticket for TNTET 2019” should be clicked
- Based on the paper for which candidates have applied, they will have to click the appropriate link in the Hall Ticket page of the website of TRB.
- Then, they should provide the required details requested the website.
- They should submit it to download the hall ticket.
TNTET Result 2019
The Teacher Recruitment Board holds the responsibility of publishing the TNTET result for the written test both for paper I and Paper II. Based on paper for which they have applied, candidates will have to click on the appropriate paper to download their result.
- Visit TRB Website of Government of Tamil Nadu
- Click on result link of TNTET Paper I/ II
- Download Pdf to check score or enter required details to get marks card
- Take print out for further reference
TNTET Cut Off 2019
The TNTET cut-off is the least qualifying mark that every candidate should secure to get through the TNTET. The qualifying mark is 60%. Candidates getting more than this mark will alone get the TET certificate that they can use for applying to teaching jobs in Government Schools.