TS ECET Syllabus 2021 : TS ECET exam pattern and selection process 2021 is given in detail here. Telangana ECET 2021 is conducted every year as the Telangana State Engineering Common Entrance Test (TS ECET) for the diploma holders of Engineering, Technology, and Pharmacy, and BSc. Mathematics graduates (In short FDH and B.Sc Mathematics Graduates) by JNT University Hyderabad on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education.
TS ECET is a common entrance exam for lateral admission into,
- 2nd year Regular B.E/ B.Tech. courses and
- 2nd year Regular B.Pharmacy courses
TS ECET entrance exam will be conducted for admission into 2nd year regular B.E/ B.Tech. courses of the Universities of State of Telangana and Private unaided professional educational institutions (both minority and Non-minority) approved by AICTE and for 2nd year Regular B.Pharmacy courses in both University and Private unaided professional educational institutions (both minority and Non-minority) approved by Pharmacy council of India.
Candidates shall be admitted on the basis of marks obtained in the TS ECET entrance examination that will be held for each course. The exam pattern and syllabus of each course will be different and shall be decided by the University on behalf of the Telangana State.
TS ECET Exam Pattern 2021
Telangana ECET exam pattern of different courses is mentioned below in detail.
|Engineering (subject specific) ||100|
- The Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry exam is common and compulsory for all candidates.
- The Engineering specific exam will have different questions for the different branches. There will be a separate question paper for each branch namely Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics and Communication, Computer science, Metallurgical, Mining, Electronics and Instrumentation, Bio-Technology, etc.
- The total marks for the entrance exam is 200 marks.
B.Sc. Mathematics Graduates
- The total marks for the exam is 200 marks.
- All the subjects are compulsory.
- Candidates of BSc. Mathematics is not eligible to apply for the Pharmacy course.
|Pharmacology and toxicology||50|
- The total marks of the exam is 200 marks.
- All the subjects are common and compulsory for all the candidates.
TS ECET Syllabus 2021
TS ECET Syllabus 2021 is set differently for the different subjects. The syllabus is set by the University on behalf of the Telangana state government.
The TS ECET syllabus 2021 is mentioned below in detail.
Syllabus For BSc. Mathematics Graduates
- Differential equations of first order
- Higher-order linear differential; equations
- Binary operations
- Vector differentiation and integration
- Real numbers
- Sequence and series
- Rings of polynomials
- Integral domains
- Vector spaces
- Data sufficiency
- Sequence and series
- Data analysis
- Coding decoding
- Date, time and arrangement
- Antonyms and synonyms
- Word substitution
- Words often confused
- Idioms and phrasal verbs
- Subject-verb concord
- Active and passive voice
- Reported speech
- Reading comprehension
- Introduction to different dosage and its form
- Packing of pharmaceuticals
- Size reduction and separation
- Mixing and homogenization
- Extraction and galenicals
- Processing of tablets and capsules
- Dispensing pharmacy
- Dispensed medications
- Oral dosage forms
- Sterile dosage forms
- Drugs and remedies and narcotics
- Gastrointestinal agents
- Topical agents
- Dental products
- Intra and extracellular electrolytes
- Antiseptics and disinfectants, etc.
- Complex numbers
- Analytical geometry
- Differentiation and integration
- Laplace transforms and Fourier series
- Probability and statistics
- Kinematics and friction
- Work, power, and energy
- Harmonic motion and sound
- Modern physics
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding
- Oxidation and reduction
- Acids and bases
- Environmental chemistry, etc.
Engineering (Branch Specific)
The branch-specific paper of Engineering is uploaded separately for each branch on the TS ECET official website.
Click here for the complete syllabus of TS ECET 2021.
TS ECET Selection Procedure
TS ECET selection process 2021 is based on the marks obtained by candidates in the entrance level examination. The qualifying marks in the exam are 25%. The aggregate marks that have to be scored by candidates in the four subjects should be a minimum of 50 marks out of a total of 200 marks to be considered eligible for selection. However, in the case of the SC/ST candidates, there are no such minimum qualifying marks criteria.
The students will be selected strictly based on the marks scored by them in the TS ECET 2021 exam. Based on the marks scored by them, the University will then formulate an Integrated Merit list. Candidates who make it in the merit list will be considered as selected.
Utmost care will be taken by the University while checking, valuation, scrutiny, tabulation, and ranking of the candidates. Therefore, no request on behalf of the candidates related to rechecking, re-totaling, and reevaluation shall be entertained.
For selecting candidates to the B.E./B.Tech. in Information Technology, the first preference shall be given to those who have a Diploma in Information Technology. If any seats are left vacant after that, candidates from other branches shall also be considered based on the marks scored by them in the TS ECET exam.
For selection of candidates in the B.E./B.Tech. in Computer Science, the first preference shall be given to those who have a Diploma in the particular subject. If any seats are left vacant after that, candidates from other branches shall also be considered based on the marks scored by them in the TS ECET exam.
Selection In Case Of A Tie
- Engineering – In case of a tie between candidates, the marks obtained by the candidate in the specific Engineering exam shall be taken into account and if the tie still continues, then the marks scored in Mathematics and then Physics shall be considered. If the tie still persists, then the age factor will be considered.
- Pharmacy – In case of a tie between candidates, the percentage secured by candidates in the qualifying exam shall be taken into account. If the tie still continues, then the candidate who is older in terms of age shall be given the preference first.
- B.Sc. Mathematics Graduates – In case of a tie between candidates, the marks obtained by the candidate in Mathematics will be considered first. If the tie still continues the other qualifying subjects and age factor shall be considered for selection of candidates.
All candidates shall be selected purely on the basis of the Integrated Final Merit list that will be formulated on the basis of the marks scored in the TS ECET exam. Candidates will be allotted seats and colleges based on their TS ECET ranking.