TS LAWCET & PGLCET 2018 will be conducted by Osmania University on May 25th, 2018 (Friday) on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE). TS LAWCET & PGLCET 2018 will be an entrance test for admission into 3Year / 5Year LL.B. regular courses and 2 year LL.M. courses in the colleges of law in Telangana for the academic year 2018-19. Last date to apply online without late fee is May 16th, 2018 (Extended; previously, it was April 25th, 2018). Eligible and interested candidates do not wait for last date and apply as early as possible to avoid last minute rush. Before applying online, aspirants are required to know few important things about TS LAWCET & PGLCET 2018 such as date of release of official notification, eligibility criteria, application form, process, fee & mode of payment, selection process, examination dates, scheme & syllabus, admit card, examination centres, result etc.
TS LAWCET & PGLCET 2018 Official Notification
On March 22nd 2018, Osmania University, Hyderabad, has released an official notification to conduct TS PG Law Common Entrance Test (TSPGLCET – 2018) for admission into LL.M courses and TS Law Common Entrance Test (TSLAWCET – 2018) for admission into 3/5 years law courses (LL.B) offered by state Universities in Telangana state including their affiliated colleges for the academic year 2018-19.
TS LAWCET & PGLCET 2018 Overview
|Examination name||TS LAWCET & PGLCET 2018|
|Conducted by||Osmania University, Hyderabad|
|Category||Entrance test for Law courses|
|Commencement of Submission of Online Application Forms||March 25th, 2018|
|Last Date for Submission of Applications without Late fee||May 16th, 2018 (Extended; previously, it was April 25th, 2018)|
|Hall Tickets will be available to download from||1 week before the test|
|Exam date and timing||May 25th, 2018 (Friday) from 11 .00 a.m. - 12.30 p.m.|
|Result||Yet to be announced|
|Rank cards will be available to download||Yet to be announced|
|Apply online @||http://lawcet.tsche.ac.in/TSLAWCET/TSLAWCET_HOMEPAGE.aspx|
TS LAWCET & PGLCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to apply for either TS LAWCET 2018 or PGLCET 2018 should have to know few important eligibility conditions. For this, they are recommended to go through official notification. Without confirming eligibility conditions, candidates do not attempt online application.
For TS LAWCET 2018
- For 3 year LL.B course
Candidates should have passed any degree course (10+2+3 pattern) with at least 45% of aggregate marks (40% for candidates belonging to SC / S.T. category) or its equivalent examination from a recognized University. Candidates having less than 45% in graduation are also eligible to apply if they have passed any additional graduation or post graduation with 45%.
- For 5 Year LL.B. Course
Candidates should have passed 10+2/intermediate or its equivalent examination with at least 45% of aggregate marks (40% for candidates belonging to SC / S.T. category) from the Board of Intermediate Education, T.S. or any other nationally recognized board.
For TS PGLCET 2018
- Candidates having LL.B./B.L. 3/5 Year degree are eligible to apply for TS PGLCET 2018. Applicants who have appeared/appearing for LL.B./B.L. final year examination are also eligible to apply.
- A candidate who wants to take admission into LL.M. (Private Appearance) of Osmania University, Hyderabad will have a minimum experience of 3-years standing as an advocate or 3-years as a judicial officer on the date of appearing for TS PGLCET2018
TS LAWCET & PGLCET 2018 Application Fee & Mode Of Payment
Candidates who want to appear for TS LAWCET 2018 should have to submit a fee of Rs. 800/- as their registration fee (Rs 500/- for candidates belonging to SC/ST category).
Candidates who want to appear for TS PGLCET 2018 should have to submit a fee of Rs. 1000/- as their registration fee (Rs 600/- for candidates belonging to SC/ST category).
|TS LAWCET 2018||Rs. 800/- (for SC/STs Rs. 500/-)|
|TS PGLCET 2018||Rs. 1000/- (for SC/STs Rs. 600/-)|
Candidates can pay their registration fee at TS / AP online centres. To pay registration fee online, candidates should have to use a debit or credit card or internet banking facility.
TS LAWCET & PGLCET 2018 Application form & process
TS LAWCET & PGLCET 2018 application forms can be filled and submitted online from March 25th, 2018 to May 16th, 2018 (Extended; previously, it was April 25th, 2018). The process to attempt online applications is given below:
- Open official website or click here
- On homepage, you will see three main tabs- ‘Information, Application & Latest news’
- Click on the ‘Application fee payment’ link available under ‘Application’ tab
- You will see a new page where you have to few details to make the payment
- Enter your name, Qualifying Exam HallTicket Number, date of birth (as per SSC or Equivalent), mobile number, alternate mobile number, email ID, stream, category etc
- Select ‘payment type’
- Click on the ‘Proceed to Payment’ tab
- You will see bank payment gateway
- Select appropriate payment option and click on ‘Make Payment’ tab
- After successful payment of registration fee, you will see a message ‘Transaction is Successful’ and see a web page having ‘Payment Status’ and ‘Payment ID’
- Note down ‘Payment ID’ to use it in future
- Now, click on the ‘Proceed to Fill Application’ tab
- Check your ‘Payment Status’; after checking your payment status, you will see two options- ‘Fill in the Application immediately’ or ‘Fill in the Application at a later date’
- Click on ‘Proceed to Fill Application’ to fill the Application immediately
- You will see a new page having application form
- Enter your personal details such as gender, AADHAR card number, date of birth, state of birth, district of birth etc
- Enter your address details
- Enter your category details; type caste certificate number (if applicable)
- Enter bank details
- Select qualifying examination
- Select ‘Regional test centre preferences’
- Upload your ‘Photo & Signature’
- Click on the check box given in declaration box
- Click on ‘Preview/Submit’
- Click on ‘Modify’ tab to modify any details filled in your online application
- Otherwise, click on the ‘Confirm/Freeze’ tab
- You will get the following message – ‘Your application is submitted successfully. Please note your Application Number for future reference’
- Take print out of your application by clicking on ‘Print Application’ tab
TS LAWCET & PGLCET 2018 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
TS LAWCET 2018
The Test consists of three parts. There will be total 120 objective type questions to be solved in 90 minutes.
|Parts||Subjects/topics||Number of MCQs||Marks|
|A||General Knowledge and Mental Ability||30||30|
|C||Aptitude for the Study of Law||60||60|
Note– For 3 year law Course, the test’s standard will be of degree level and for 5 year law course, the test’s standard will be of Intermediate level.
TS PGLCET 2018
The Test consists of two parts. There will be total 120 objective type questions to be solved in 90 minutes.
|Parts||Subjects||Number of MCQs||Marks||Topics covered|
|Jurisprudence||20||20||Custom Precedent & Legislation, Schools of Jurisprudence - Sources of Law, Rights & Duties - Ownership & Possession, Legal Sanctions, Persons, Obligation etc.|
|A||Constitutional Law||20||20||Nature of the constitution: Directive Principles of State Policy, Executive Judiciary & Legislature, Fundamental Rights, Centre-State Relations, Emergency provisions, Amendments to the constitution|
|B||Public International Law||16||16||Subjects of International Law, State Territory, Air, Sea and outer space, International Law & Municipal Law, Nationality & Statelessness, Extradition, Asylum, State Jurisdiction etc|
|Mercantile Law||16||16||General Principles of Contract (Sections. 1-75, Indian Contract Act-1872)|
|Labour Law||16||16||Trade Union Act 1926. Industrial Disputes Act 1947|
|Crimes & Torts||16||16||Indian Penal Code -General Principles & General Exceptions. Torts: General principles of Tort, Defences, State liability for torts, Joint liability; Consumer Protection Act,1986|
|IPR & Other Laws||16||16||Environment (Protection) Act, 1986; Patents Act, 1970; Copyright Act, 1957; Human Rights, Salient features of Information Technology Act, 2000, The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993 and Right to Information Act 2005|
TS LAWCET & PGLCET 2018 Hall Tickets
Candidates itself have to download hall tickets through the website pglcet.tsche.ac.in or lawcet.tsche.ac.in one week before the test. To download hall tickets, candidates should have to use their registration number.
TS LAWCET & PGLCET 2018 Date and Regional Centres
TS LAWCET & PGLCET 2018 will be conducted on May 25th, 2018 (Friday) from 11 .00 a.m. – 12.30 p.m. at the following Telangana regional centres- Nizamabad, Warangal, Mahabubnagar, Nalgonda, Kodad, Khammam, Karimnagar, Hyderabad South-East (Pedda amberpet, Ibrahimpatnam, L.B. Nagar, Hayathnagar, Ramoji Film City area and surrounding areas), Hyderabad East (Ghatkesar, keesara and surrounding areas), Hyderabad Central (Abids, Tarnaka and surrounding areas), Hyderabad North (Medchal, Gandimaisamma and surrounding areas) and Hyderabad West (Moinabad, Kukatpally, Patancheru, Gandipet and surrounding areas). Test will also be conducted at few AP regional centres like Tirupati, Kurnool, Visakhapatnam and Vijayawada.
TS LAWCET & PGLCET 2018 Result and Rank Cards
Result declaration date is not declared by the by the Convener, TS LAWCET/ TS PGLCET-2018. However, it is confirmed that after one week of the publication of results, candidates can download their Rank Card from the website pglcet.tsche.ac.in OR lawcet.tsche.ac.in.