TSPSC AE Syllabus 2021 : TSPSC AE exam pattern and selection procedure 2021 for the recruitment of Assistant Engineers in various Engineering subordinate services, Municipal engineering subordinate service, Technical officer in public health, and Municipal AE are explained here as per official notification. TSPSC AE notification 2021 to be released by the Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) contain details related to TSPSC AE exam 2021.
TSPSC AE Exam Pattern 2021
TSPSC AE exam pattern consists of a written exam divided into two papers based on which the selection will take place.
Written Exam Pattern
TSPSC AE written exam pattern is as follows.
|Category||Total questions||Total duration (minutes)||Total marks|
|Paper 1 (General Studies and General Abilities)||150||150||150|
|Paper 2 (Diploma level in Civil/Mechanical Engineering)||150||150||150|
- The written exam will contain two papers i.e., Paper 1 and Paper 2
- Paper 1 will be General Studies and General Abilities for 150 questions for 150 minutes for 150 marks.
- Paper 2 will be at the diploma level either paper of Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. There will be 150 questions for 150 marks and the time duration will be 150 minutes
- Each right answer will fetch 1 mark to the candidate
- During the written examination, 10 minutes extra time per hour is granted to the blind candidates and 20 minutes extra time per hour is granted to candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy
- The exam will be of objective type and shall be conducted either in online or offline mode.
TSPSC AE Syllabus 2021 : Written Exam
The TSPSC AE syllabus 2021 is as follows.
Paper 1: General Studies and General Ability
- Current affairs (National, International and Regional matters)
- International Relations and Events
- General Science (Scientific Innovations and Technologies)
- Environmental issues and Disaster Management
- Economy of India and Telangana state
- Indian Geography with a focus on Telangana
- Indian Constitution and Polity with a focus on Local Self Government
- Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana
- Telangana state policies
- Modern Indian History with a focus on Indian National Movement
- The History of Telangana state with an emphasis on the Telangana statehood movement
- Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation
- Basic English language (8th class standard)
Paper 2: Civil Engineering (Diploma Level)
- Construction materials and practice
- Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Quantity Surveying
- Design of Structures (RCC and Steel)
- Irrigation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
Paper 2: Mechanical Engineering (Diploma Level)
- Thermal Engineering
- Manufacturing Technology
- Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Machine Design
- Engineering Materials
- Hydraulics and Hydraulic Machinery
- Industrial Engineering and Management
TSPSC AE selection process is based on the written exam that will be conducted in the online or offline mode. Candidates will have to score the minimum qualifying marks set by the commission to be considered eligible for the final recruitment.
- The minimum qualifying marks that have been set by the TSPSC for each category is as follows.
- OC – 40%
- BC – 35%
- SC/ST/PWD – 30%
- Based on the minimum qualifying marks and the marks scored by candidates in the written exam, a merit list will be formulated by the commission. Candidates making it to the merit list will then be recommended to the various Service/Departments based on their ranks, zonal preferences, and the number of vacancies available.
- Mere scoring of qualifying marks does not guarantee a chance for selection.
- Candidates will have to appear for both the papers of the written exam. Failing to appear in any one of the exams shall immediately result in the cancellation of the candidature of the candidate.
- After the candidates clear the written exam, all the selected candidates are then invited for final document verification. Candidates are supposed to bring all their original documents and present it to the commission failing which they would not be considered eligible for recruitment.
- The preference in terms of zones marked by the candidates does not guarantee the candidate selection in that particular zone. The commission confers the right to assign any selected candidate to any zone according to his eligibility and rank.
- After the conduction of all the stages, candidates will also have to undergo medical fitness. Only after an appropriate medical test is conducted and the candidate is declared fit and sound will he/she shall be given an appointment.
The claims of the candidate regarding their date of birth/educational qualification/community/disability/experience are all only provisionally accepted not unless all their documents are properly verified. No candidate who secures his name in the merit list will be guaranteed appointment unless all the remaining stages viz. document verification and medical fitness test is conducted.
All such candidates who have secured their degrees from open universities/distance education must ensure that such universities are recognized by the University Grants Commission/AICTE/Distance Education Council. Unless these degrees are recognized by either of these statutory bodies, they will not be considered as proof of required educational qualification.
TSPSC AE Exam
TSPSC AE written exam will be conducted mostly in December 2021. Candidates must check the official website or this page in due course of time for the exact date.
Documents For Verification
- Proof of academic qualification
- Date of birth certificate
- School study certificate
- Declaration by unemployed candidates
- No objection certificate from employers for employed candidates
- Community certificate
- Non-creamy layer certificate
- Certificate of residence
- PWD certificate
TSPSC AE FAQs
Q. How Will The Commission Formulate The Merit List, In Case There Is A Tie?
A. Based on the minimum qualifying marks and the marks scored by candidates in the written exam, a merit list will be formulated by the commission. Candidates making it to the merit list will then be recommended to the various Service/Departments based on their ranks.
If by chance, there is a tie between candidates, then the commission will take into consideration several factors such as date of birth of the candidates, their names in alphabetical order, marks scored by them in different papers, etc. After weighing all these factors, the final selection is made.
Q. Will The Commission Provide Candidates Time To Present Their Original Documents?
A. Once the written exam is conducted and the rank list is released, selected candidates are invited for the final document verification round. All the claims of the candidates pertaining to age, educational qualification, etc. shall be accepted only after the relevant documents are scrutinized.
Therefore, candidates need to submit all the original documents when they are called for the DV round. The commission will not provide any extra time to the candidates and the candidature of all such candidates shall be cancelled who fail to present the original documents.