TSPSC MPSO/ASO exam pattern and syllabus are explained here for the candidates preparing for the written exam. TSPSC will release recruitment notification for various post of Mandal Planning and Statistical Officer (MPSO)/Assistant Statistical Officer(ASO) in Director, Directorate of Economics Statistics Subordinate Service, Department of Telangana State.
Candidates can check all the important details from the official notification of TSPSC Mandal Planning and Statistical Officer (MPSO)/ASO exam. Telangana State Public Service Commission has the responsibility to recruit eminent applicants for civil service jobs in the Telangana state of India. TSPSC hires the candidates on the basis of merit and reservation rule.
The total vacancy for TSPSC Mandal Planning and Statistical Officer (MPSO)/ASO in Telangana state is 474. Applicant should have a Degree in Statistics to apply for these posts. Examination of TSPSC MPSO/ASO will be either online or offline as decided by TSPSC. The candidate will have a choice of language in an examination where they can choose between Telugu and English.
TSPSC MPSO/ASO Exam Pattern
Knowledge of exam pattern and syllabus will boost the selection of aspiring candidates. It is important to acknowledge the type of questions asked in Examination, marks allotted to every question, topics covered and a number of papers conducted by the TSPSC for the selection of applicants. The details of the TSPSC MPSO/ASO examination scheme is given below.
|Mode Of Examination||Online/Offline as decided by TSPSC|
|Paper – I||General Studies and General Abilities|
|Total questions in Paper – I||150 questions|
|Total Marks in Paper – I||150 marks ( 1 mark for every right answer)|
|Time allotted for Paper – I||150 minutes|
|Paper – II||Statistics (Degree level , common for all)|
|Total questions in Paper –II||150 questions|
|Total Marks in Paper – II||150 marks ( 1 mark for every right answer)|
|Time allotted for Paper – II||150 minutes|
|Total time allotted for both the papers||300 minutes|
- TSPSC MPSO/ASO Exam pattern consists of 2 papers in the written test
- Paper 1 will have subjects of General Studies and General Abilities
- Paper 2 will have Statistics subject of Degree level which is common for all the candidates
- Each paper will have 150 questions and for 150marks and the time duration of each paper will be 150 minutes
- Each right answer will get 1 mark and there will be negative marking for wrong answers as decided by TSPSC.
TSPSC MPSO/ASO 2021 Syllabus
Candidate should be aware of every topic covered in TSPSC MPSO/ASO syllabus of both the papers. Thus, the candidate can scroll down for detailed syllabus.
TSPSC MPSO/ASO 2021 Syllabus of Paper –I
- Basics of English Subject
- Current Affairs from Regional, National and International topics
- General Science- India’s achievements in Science and Technology
- International Relations and Events
- Environmental issues and Disaster Management
- Geography of India with a focus on Telangana
- Economy of India and Telangana
- Indian Constitution and Polity with a focus on Local Self-Government
- Policies of Telangana State
- Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana
- History of Telangana with special emphasis on Movement for Telangana Statehood.
TSPSC MPSO/ASO 2021 Syllabus of Paper – II
- Statistics ( covers Introductory topics ) like – Data Collection Primary/Secondary, Random/Non-Random Sampling, Frequency Distributions, Representation of Data in Tabular/Diagrammatic /Graphical Form
- Measures of Central Tendency, Dispersion, Skewness and Kurtosis – covers topics like Meaning, objectives and characteristics of measures of central tendency – Types of Averages etc.
- Probability – Includes topics like Random experiment, sample space, event, algebra of events, probability on a discrete sample space.
- Concept of Random variable- Discrete and Continuous, Bernoulli, Binominal and Poisson distribution and its applications and uses.
- Correlation and Regression-Correlation-Meaning and uses – Types of correlation – Karlpearson’s correlation coefficient – Spearman’s Rank correlation – Probable error.
- Analysis of Time Series and Index Numbers-Index Numbers: Meaning and importance – Methods of construction of index numbers:
- Basics of Computers-Binary system, Octal and Hexadecimal systems. Conversion to and from Decimal systems. Codes, Bits, Bytes and Words.
TSPSC MPSO/ASO 2021 Recruitment Process
Candidates qualified in the TSPSC MPSO/ASO written test by scoring the minimum marks and cut off marks as per the category as decided by the commission will be shortlisted for the next round. Merit list of candidates will be released and the candidates in the merit list will be called for the next selection process i.e. Verification of documents. After the document verification, the final selected candidates will be provisionally allotted.
Candidates should go through the important guidelines of recruitment process given below.
- Candidates scoring more than cut off marks will have their name in Merit List of TSPSC MPSO/ASO exam. Such candidates will be called for verification of documents against available vacancy as per reservation. The minimum cut off for all the categories is given below. Relaxation of marks will be given to the BC/SC/ST category as decided by TSPSC authority.
|Category||Minimum marks for selection|
- The candidate will have to produce all the documents in original failing to do so he/she will be rejected from the selection process.
- Candidates will be posted in different zones of the Service Department in Telangana state. They will be posted in zones according to available vacancies.
- Candidate should be present in every exam, his/her absence in any paper will lead to disqualification of the candidate in the selection process.
- Candidate has to bring original documents on verification day if any document does not match with details entered by the candidate in application form than he/she will be disqualified from the selection process. Candidate should mention all the details carefully while applying for the TSPSC MPSO/ASO exam.
- TSPSC commission will ask the candidate about his/her preference of zone but they are not bound to follow any preference of the candidate. Zone selection and posting will be done by TSPSC commission according to availability of vacancy. They will refer an eligible and best-suited candidate for a particular zone or post. Candidate has no choice to decide his/her zone in any circumstance.
- The candidate selected for the recruitment process will have to pass Medical Examination to ensure that the candidate has good health, nobody defect or infirmity. Medical Examination of Physically Handicapped Candidates will be as per standards prescribed by the commission.
TSPSC MPSO/ASO 2021 FAQ’S
Q. If I Forget My TSPSC ID and How Can I Apply For The TSPSC MPSO/ASO Exam?
A. If a candidate forgets his/her TSPSC ID than they should visit the official website of TSPSC and on the home page on the right corner they can see Know Your TSPSC ID menu. After clicking the menu a new page will open where they have to fill their Aadhaar Card Number and Date of Birth and then they have to select Get Details option to get their TSPSC ID.
Q. I Am BC Candidate, Will I Be Provided with Any Relaxation In Minimum Qualifying Marks and Cut Off?
A. There is relaxation in minimum qualifying marks provided by TSPSC authority to reserved category candidate. Compared to general candidates the cut off will also be less for the reserved category candidates.