UGC NET Registration 2020-2021 : National Testing Agency will conduct National Eligibility Test [popularly known as NET] on behalf of UGC twice a year, June and December. NTA will release UGC NET 2020 Notification (Dec) in September 2020 and invite online applications from eligible candidates. UGC NET (June) 2021 Notification will be released in March 2021 and the application last date is 30 March 2021.
- UGC NET will be conducted for selecting candidates only for the Assistant Professor or both the Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor.
- UGC NET Apply Online process (Dec) commences from 1st Sep 2020 and the last date of registration will be 30 Sep 2020 and the UGC NET June 2021 process commences from 1st March 2021.
UGC NET 2020-21 Important Dates
|Exam Name||UGC NET 2020 (Dec)||UGC NET 2021 (June)|
|Notification||September 01, 2020||March 2021|
|Application Submission Dates||September 01 to 30, 2020 (up to 11:50)||March 01 to 30, 2020 (up to 11:50)|
|Fee last date||October 01, 2020||31 March 2020|
|Corrections in the application form||October 08 to 14, 2020||Till 2nd week of March 2021|
|Admit card||November 19, 2020||3rd week of May 2021|
|UGC NET 2020 Exam||First week of Dec 2020||From 3rd week of Jun 2021|
|Answer Sheets||Dec 2020||July 2021|
|Declaration of Result||By January 10, 2021||2nd week of July 2021|
|Official website / Apply online @||https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/||https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/|
How To Apply – UGC NET Application Form 2020-2021?
Before attempting UGC NET Application Form 2020, you must check eligibility conditions as given in the official information brochure. Once you read the brochure, please read and follow all the below-mentioned points to attempt UGC NET application form 2020.
- Open official website of NTA’s UGC NET or click here
- On the homepage, you will see an ‘Introduction’ section
- Under the same section, you will see a tab ‘Fill Application Form’; click the same tab
- A new page will be displayed having two sections; left section ‘New Candidate Registration’ is for new users and right section ‘Only Registered Candidates Sign In’ is for old users
- Since you are a new user on NTA’s website, therefore, click on ‘Apply for UGC-NET December – 2020’ available in the left section
- On clicking the said link, you will see a new page having ‘Instructions and Procedure for submission of Online Application Form of UGC-NET’
- Read all of them along with information bulletin
- Now, accept the declaration and click on the tab ‘Proceed to Apply Online’
- A new page will be displayed having ‘Authentication form’
- Now, select your ‘State of Residence’, ‘Identification Type’ then type ‘Identification no.’ and ‘name’
- Select your ‘date of birth’ and ‘gender’
- Enter ‘Security Pin’
- Click on tab ‘Submit’
- A new page will be displayed where you have to enter your ‘Personal Information’ like ‘Category’, ‘father’s / mother’s name’, ‘nationality’ etc.
- On the same page, enter your examination related details like ‘Applied for’ and ‘Subject Opted for NET’
- Select the city of examination (allowed up to 4 cities)
- Enter your address with Pin code
- Enter your mobile no. & email address
- Enter your details of Post Graduation qualification
- Type and confirm a password of your choice
- Enter ‘Security Pin’
- Click on tab ‘Submit’
- Review your application form and make changes (if needed)
- Accept declaration then click on tab ‘Submit’
- Now, you will see your ‘Application No.’
- On the same page, you will also see a tab ‘Upload Scanned Images’; click it
- Upload scanned copy of your latest passport size photo in either JPG or JPEG format; the size of the scanned file should be between 10 kb to 200 kb
- Now, upload scanned copy of your signature in either JPG or JPEG format; the size of file should be between 4 kb to 30 kb
- Click on tab ‘Preview’
- After uploading files, now proceed further to Pay Examination Fee either online or offline
- If you want to pay the fee online then select any of the given payment options- ‘Debit Card’ / ‘Credit Card’ / ‘Net Banking’ and follow the rest instructions properly
- If you wish to pay the fee offline then generate an e-challan, fill and submit it with the application fees at any bank
- Don’t forget to take a print out of ‘Confirmation Page’; print page at least 4 times (recommended) and keep all the copies safe to use in future
UGC NET 2020-21 Fees & Mode Of Payment
- Candidates belonging to the General category are required to pay an amount of Rs. 800/- towards UGC NET application form 2020 fees while for OBC (NCL) candidates, the application fee is Rs. 400/- only.
- Application fee for transgender and SC / ST / PwD candidates is Rs. 200/- only.
- Mode of payment of fee is the same for all the candidates i.e. online (through debit/credit / net banking) OR offline (through e-challan)
- Other applicable charges like process fee / GST etc. are to be paid by the applicant