UGC NET 2019 Apply Online :
UGC NET stands for University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test, is a national level competitive exam being conducted twice in a year to select candidates for fellowship and lectureship [position is either only Assistant Professor or both Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor] in Indian colleges and universities.
UGC NET 2019 apply online procedure has been started. Interested candidates can apply now through the official website. The last date to UGC NET 2019 apply online is September 30, 2018. However, UGC NET 2019 online application fee can be submitted up to October 01, 2018. Before applying online, UGC NET 2019 aspirants are required to aware of few things such as date of release of official notification (aka information brochure), eligibility, age limit & relaxation, how to apply (application procedure), fee & mode of payment, admit card, schedule of UGC NET 2019, mode & pattern of examination, subject and syllabus of test, centres (cities), answer key, declaration of UGC NET 2019 exam result etc.
UGC NET 2019 Notification
Few days back, the National Testing Agency has released NET 2019 information brochure through NET official website. On September 1st 2018, UGC NET 2019 information brochure was published on its official website. It is still available on the same website for NET 2019 aspirants.
- Click here to read / download UGC NET 2019 information brochure
About UGC NET 2019
The most interesting thing about UGC NET 2019 is that it is organized and will be conducted by a newly established but very prominent testing organization named as ‘National Testing Agency’. Yes, from 2019 onwards, UGC National Eligibility Test will be conducted by NTA instead of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
UGC NET 2019 exam will be a ‘Computer Based Test’ having only objective type questions. The test will be held in almost every major city / town in India. So that NET 2019 aspirants can select an examination centre / city as per their convenience. Selection for examination city / centre should be made by candidates at the time of filling UGC NET 2019 online application form. It is mandatory for them to select four exam cities / centres of their choice.
UGC NET 2019 Overview
|Name of the Examination||UGC NET 2019|
|Also known as||University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test 2019|
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency|
|UGC NET 2019 Information Bulletin availability||September 01, 2018|
|UGC NET 2019 Application availability dates||September 01 to 30, 2018 (up to 11:50 pm)|
|UGC NET 2019 Fee submission dates||September 01 to October 01, 2018|
|Corrections in UGC NET 2019 online application can be done between||October 08 to 14, 2018|
|UGC NET 2019 admit cards will be available to download from||November 19, 2018|
|UGC NET 2019 exam will be on||Yet to be announced by NTA|
|UGC NET 2019 exam’s answer keys will be available from||-|
|UGC NET 2019 exam result will be announced on / by||January 10, 2019|
|NTA’s official website||www.nta.ac.in|
|UGC NET 2019 Apply online @||www.ntanet.nic.in |
|Helpline numbers||7703859909 / 8076535482|
|Email for queries||Ugcnetemail@example.com |
UGC NET 2019 Age Limit and Relaxation (As on Dec 01, 2018)
- There is no upper or lower age limit if you are applying for position – ‘Assistant Professor’
- If you are applying for ‘JRF’ then you should be not more than 30 years. However, relaxation in age will be permissible in the following cases-
- Relaxation up to 5 years will be permissible for women candidates & applicants belonging to SC / ST / PwD / Transgender / OBC [NCL] categories
- Relaxation up to 3 years will be permissible for applicants possessing L.L.M. degree
UGC NET 2019 Eligibility
Candidates who have passed their Master’s degree or equivalent examination from colleges / institutions / universities approved by UGC in Electronic Science, Computer Science & Applications etc. are eligible to apply for NET 2019 exam. However, they should have scored at least 55% marks in their Master’s or equivalent examination (50% marks for transgender and candidates of OBC [NCL] / ST / SC category).
Candidates who have appeared / pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to apply. But they have to produce a proof of passing their Master’s degree or equivalent examination with needed percentage of marks within 2 years from the date of UGC NET 2019 exam.
Note – for more details on UGC NET 2019 eligibility, please go through information brochure.
UGC NET 2019 Application Form
As per UGC NET 2019 information brochure which was released by NTA on 1st September 2018, application forms to apply for UGC NET 2019 exam are available from September 01 to 30, 2018 at the official website. Further details regarding the same are given below.
UGC NET 2019 Apply Online Quick View
- Stage 1 – Fill the application form
- Stage 2 – Upload scanned photograph & signature
- Stage 3 – Pay the examination fees
How To Apply For UGC NET 2019?
Stage 1 – Fill The Application Form
- Open NTA’s UGC NET 2019 official website in your web browser or simply click here
- On homepage, press the tab ‘Fill Application Form’; this tab is available under ‘Introduction’ paragraph
- On pressing the said tab, a new page will be displayed having two sections; left section is for new candidates and the right section is for old candidates
- Because you are a new user on NTA’s NET website therefore click on button ‘Apply for UGC-NET December – 2018’
- A new page will be opened having a tab to download / read information bulletin
- Press the tab to read information bulletin before UGC NET 2019 Apply online
- After going through UGC NET 2019 information bulletin, now read and accept the declaration statement available at the bottom of the same webpage
- Then hit the tab ‘Proceed To Apply Online’
- A new webpage will be displayed having an ‘Authentication Form’ for new users
- Select your ‘State of Residence’ and other options
- Then click on tab ‘Submit’
- Now, you will see an application form having few fields to be filled by an applicant
- Enter your personal information like father’s name, mother’s name etc.
- Select your examination related details
- Provide your contact details such as ‘Address with PIN no.’, ‘Mobile no.’, ‘Email Address’ etc.
- Select details of your PG qualification like ‘passing status of PG exam’, ‘Name of the PG exam’, ‘Subject of PG exam’, ‘Name of University’ etc.
- After that submit all the details by clicking on tab ‘Submit’
Stage 2 – Upload scanned photograph & signature
- After filling up UGC NET 2019 online application form, now upload scanned files of your latest photo & signature; both scanned files should be in proper format as given in information brochure
- After uploading files, click on ‘Submit’ tab to proceed further
Stage 3 – Pay The Examination Fees
- Once you upload both files, you will see a payment page
- Select any of the available options to make payment either online or offline
- If you wish to make payment offline then generate & print an e-challan; Submit this e-challan at any nationalized bank along with requisite application fees; the last date for submission of an e-challan along with fee is Oct 01, 2018 up to bank working hours
- You can also make payment online through debit / credit card / internet banking; the last date for making payment online is Oct 01, 2018 up to 11:50 pm
- After making payment, you should print your UGC NET 2019 online application form and keep printed copy safe for future reference
UGC NET 2019 Application Fees
Transgender, persons with disability (PWDs), candidates belonging to SC / ST category are required to submit an amount of Rs. 200/- towards application fee at the time of online application. On the other hand, the application fee for candidates belonging to OBC [NCL] is Rs. 400/- only.
General [UR category] candidates are required to pay full amount of application fee i.e. Rs. 800/-. There is no concession in fee for them.
|Category / type of applicant||Amount to be paid (in Rs.)|
|Persons with disability||200/-|
|ST / SC||200/-|
|Other Backward Classes [NCL]||400/-|
UGC NET 2019 Mode Of Payment
- Online – through Debit / Credit Card or Net Banking
- Offline – through e-challan
Common Services / Facilitation Centres
More than one lakh and fifty thousand Common Services Centres are established by the Government of India under e-Governance plan / scheme [NeGP] to provide support to those candidates who are not much aware of online things or who don’t know how to attempt online application. Such candidates can UGC NET 2019 apply online with the help of CSC by paying applicable service charges. A list having names and addresses of the CSC is available on website – www.csc.gov.in.
UGC NET 2019 Exam Pattern
As per official notice, UGC NET 2019 will be held in online mode i.e. ‘Computer Based Test’. There will be 2 papers and each have objective type questions to be solved in prescribed time. After appearing in Paper 1, candidates will get a break of 30 minutes before going to appear for Paper 2.
Paper 1 will have 50 MCQs to be solved in 1 hour. Each MCQ will be of 2 marks. MCQs in Paper 1 will be set to determine / test general awareness, divergent thinking, comprehension skills and reasoning ability of the candidate. Paper 1 will be held in two shifts-
- 1st shift – from 9.30 am to 10.30 am
- 2nd shift – from 2.00 pm to 3.00 pm
Paper 2 will have 100 MCQs to be solved in 2 hours. Each MCQ will be of 2 marks. MCQs in Paper 2 will be based on the subject opted by the NET 2019 aspirant. Solving all the MCQs of Paper 2 will be compulsory. Like Paper 1, Paper 2 will also be held in 2 shifts-
- 1st shift – from 11.00 am to 1:00 pm
- 2nd shift – from 3.30 pm to 5.30 pm
Note – candidates can appear for exam in any shift but not in both shifts; shift no. must be same for both papers
UGC NET 2019 Syllabus
Subject wise syllabus is available to download on UGC’s website. To download it now, please click here. Syllabus for all NET subjects is also accessible through the libraries of all Indian Universities.
Test Practice Centres (TPCs)
NTA has formed a network of test practice centres for such candidates who are not aware of online test / ‘Computer Based Test’. This facility will be free of charge / cost and offers an actual experience of taking a CBT. Free of cost registration for TPC can be done through NTA’s website. The process of registration is explained below-
- Open NTA’s official website
- On homepage, you will have to find and click on link ‘Student Registration(For Mock Test)’
- On clicking the said link, a new page will be opened
- On new page, you will see 3 login methods; use any of them to proceed further
- After registering for TPC, you will get a confirmation message
- For registration and center selection, you can also download NTA’s student app in your android mobile phone through ‘Google App Store’
UGC NET 2019 Admit Card
UGC NET 2019 admit card will be issued through the NTA’s website from Nov 19, 2018 onwards. To get or download UGC NET 2019 admit card, a candidate has to use his / her application no. and password at the official website of NET. After downloading UGC NET 2019 admit card, candidate should print it on A4 size paper.
UGC NET 2019 admit card will be printed with the following information –
- Candidate’s name, photo & signature (same as uploaded in UGC NET 2019 online application)
- Name of the centre with complete address
- Date, shift and time of UGC NET 2019 exam
- Name of the subject (selected by candidate at the time of online application)
- Instructions to be followed by candidates during UGC NET 2019 exam
Documents / Things to be produced in examination hall
- Hard copy of UGC NET 2019 admit card
- Original, valid & non-expired photo ID of candidate
- PwD certificate (only for those candidates who want to claim relaxation under PwD category; certificate must be issued by the Competent Authority)
- 1 passport size photograph (same as uploaded in online application form)
UGC NET 2019 Exam Centres (Cities)
As per official notice, NET 2019 aspirant is needed to select 4 different examination centres / cities of his / her choice. Names of few centres (cities) where the UGC NET 2019 exam will be conducted are given below
Port Blair, Chandigarh, Delhi, Raipur, Eluru, Chittoor, Bilaspur, Daman, Anantapur, Anand, Ongole, Nellore, Godhra, Gandhinagar, Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Tadepalligudem, Itanagar, Patan, Panipat, Bhagalpur, Tezpur, Vadodara, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Gaya, Faizabad, Kurukshetra, Dhanbad, Ranchi, Sagar, Indore, Gwalior, Mohali, Bhopal, Mysuru, Sitapur, Kozhikode, Nasik, Jalgaon, Kohima, Dimapur, Kolkata, Amritsar, Puducherry, Ajmer, Vellore, Thoothukudi, Jhansi, Pantnagar, Kanpur, Lucknow, Jaipur Etc.
UGC NET 2019 Answer key
UGC NET 2019 answer key will be displayed for challenges by the National Testing Agency on its website. It will remain available on the website for 3 to 5 days. Any candidate who will challenge answer key is needed to pay an amount of Rs. 1000/- (per question) towards processing charges.
UGC NET 2019 Result
Before declaring UGC NET 2019 result, the NTA will display answer key of all the candidates for 3 to 5 days on the NTA’s online portal.
NTA will announce UGC NET 2019 result by January 10, 2019. For more details on UGC NET 2019, keep visiting this page regularly.
We wish you Best of Luck for your UGC NET 2019 exam.