UGC NET 2020-2021 Apply Online : UGC NET is conducted by NTA twice a year, June and December. UGC NET Notification for Dec 2020 will be released in September 2020 and for June 2021 will be released in March 2021. UGC NET stands for University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test, which is a national level competitive exam being conducted to select candidates for either only Assistant Professor or both Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor in Indian colleges and universities.
- UGC NET 2020-21 apply online procedure will start in Sep 2020 for December session and March 2021 for June 2021 session and Interested candidates can apply online through the official website @https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/.
- The last date for UGC NET 2020 apply online process (Dec 2020) is September 30, 2020. However, UGC NET 2020 online application fee can be submitted up to October 01, 2020.
- UGC NET 2020 Dec Exam is conducted in the first week of Dec 2020 and the June 2021 exam will be held in the 3rd week of June 2021.
Before applying online, UGC NET 2020 aspirants are required to aware of few things such as date of release of official notification (aka information brochure), eligibility, age limit & relaxation, how to apply (application procedure), fee & mode of payment, admit card, schedule of UGC NET 2020, mode & pattern of examination, subject and syllabus of the test, centers (cities), answer key, declaration of UGC NET 2020 exam result, etc.
UGC NET 2020-2021 Notification
The National Testing Agency will release the UGC NET 2020 information brochure through the NET official website. On 1st September 2020, UGC NET 2020-21 information brochure will be published on its official website.
Download UGC NET 2020-2021 Notification Pdf
UGC NET 2020-21 will be conducted by the ‘National Testing Agency’ from 2018. UGC National Eligibility Test will be conducted by NTA instead of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
UGC NET 2020-21 exam will be a ‘Computer Based Test’ having only objective type questions. The test will be held in almost every major city/town in India. So that NET 2020 aspirants can select an examination center/city as per their convenience. Selection for examination city/center should be made by candidates at the time of filling the UGC NET 2020 online application form. It is mandatory for them to select four exam cities/centers of their choice.
UGC NET 2020-21 Overview
|Name of the Examination||UGC NET 2020 (Dec)||UGC NET 2021 (June)|
|Notification||September 01, 2020||1st March 2021|
|Application Dates||September 01 to 30, 2020 (up to 11:50 pm)||1-30 March 2021|
|Fee submission Dates||September 01 to October 01, 2020||1-31 March 2021|
|Corrections in online application||October 08 to 14, 2020||Till 2nd week of April 2021|
|Admit Card||November 19, 2020||May 15, 2021|
|UGC NET Exam||1st week of Dec 2020||from 3rd week of June 2021|
|Answer Keys||Dec 2020||July 2021|
|Result||January 10, 2021||2nd week of July 2021|
|NTA’s official website||https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/|
|Helpline numbers||7703859909 / 8076535482|
|Email for queries||Ugcnetemail@example.com|
UGC NET 2020-2021 Age Limit and Relaxation (As on Dec 01, 2020)
- There is no upper or lower age limit if you are applying for the position – ‘Assistant Professor’
- If you are applying for ‘JRF’ then you should be not more than 30 years. However, relaxation in age will be permissible in the following cases-
- Relaxation up to 5 years will be permissible for women candidates & applicants belonging to SC / ST / PwD / Transgender / OBC [NCL] categories
- Relaxation up to 3 years will be permissible for applicants possessing L.L.M. degree
UGC NET 2020-21 Eligibility
Candidates who have passed their Master’s degree or equivalent examination from colleges/institutions/universities approved by UGC in Electronic Science, Computer Science & Applications, etc. are eligible to apply for the NET 2020 exam. However, they should have scored at least 55% marks in their Master’s or equivalent examination (50% marks for transgender and candidates of OBC [NCL] / ST / SC category).
Candidates who have appeared/pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to apply. But they have to produce proof of passing their Master’s degree or equivalent examination with the needed percentage of marks within 2 years from the date of the UGC NET 2020 exam.
Note – for more details on UGC NET 2020 eligibility, please go through the information brochure.
UGC NET 2020-21 Application Form
As per UGC NET 2020-2021 information brochure which was released by NTA on 1st September 2020, application forms to apply for UGC NET 2020 exam are available from September 01 to 30, 2020 at the official website. Further details regarding the same are given below.
UGC NET 2020 Application Form will be available online and the candidates must submit before the last date of registration along with the fee. The registration process consists of 3 steps.
- Stage 1 – Fill the application form
- Stage 2 – Upload scanned photograph & signature
- Stage 3 – Pay the examination fees
How To Apply For UGC NET 2020-21?
UG NET 2020 Apply Online process stepwise is given below.
Stage 1 – Fill The Application Form
- Open NTA’s UGC NET 2020 official website in your web browser or simply click here
- On the homepage, press the tab ‘Fill Application Form’; this tab is available under ‘Introduction’ paragraph
- On pressing the said tab, a new page will be displayed having two sections; the left section is for new candidates and the right section is for old candidates
- Because you are a new user on NTA’s NET website, therefore, click on the button ‘Apply for UGC-NET December – 2020’
- A new page will be opened having a tab to download/read the information bulletin
- Press the tab to read information bulletin before UGC NET 2020 Apply online
- After going through UGC NET 2020 information bulletin, now read and accept the declaration statement available at the bottom of the same webpage
- Then hit the tab ‘Proceed To Apply Online’
- A new webpage will be displayed having an ‘Authentication Form’ for new users
- Select your ‘State of Residence’ and other options
- Then click on tab ‘Submit’
- Now, you will see an application form having few fields to be filled by an applicant
- Enter your personal information like the father’s name, mother’s name, etc.
- Select your examination related details
- Provide your contact details such as ‘Address with PIN no.’, ‘Mobile no.’, ‘Email Address’ etc.
- Select details of your PG qualification like ‘passing status of PG exam’, ‘Name of the PG exam’, ‘Subject of PG exam’, ‘Name of University’, etc.
- After that submit all the details by clicking on tab ‘Submit’
Stage 2 – Upload scanned photograph & signature
- After filling up UGC NET 2020 online application form, now upload scanned files of your latest photo & signature; both scanned files should be in proper format as given in information brochure
- After uploading files, click on the ‘Submit’ tab to proceed further
Stage 3 – Pay The Examination Fees
- Once you upload both files, you will see a payment page
- Select any of the available options to make payment either online or offline
- If you wish to make the payment offline then generate & print an e-challan; Submit this e-challan at any nationalized bank along with requisite application fees; the last date for submission of an e-challan along with fee is Oct 01, 2020 up to bank working hours
- You can also make payment online through debit/credit card/internet banking; the last date for making payment online is Oct 01, 2020 up to 11:50 pm
- After making payment, you should print your UGC NET 2020 online application form and keep printed copy safe for future reference
UGC NET 2020-21 Application Fees
Transgender, persons with disability (PWDs), candidates belonging to SC / ST category are required to submit an amount of Rs. 200/- towards application fee at the time of online application. On the other hand, the application fee for candidates belonging to OBC [NCL] is Rs. 400/- only.
General [UR category] candidates are required to pay the full amount of application fee i.e. Rs. 800/-. There is no concession in fee for them.
|Category / type of applicant||Amount to be paid (in Rs.)|
|Persons with disability||200/-|
|ST / SC||200/-|
|Other Backward Classes [NCL]||400/-|
UGC NET 2020 Mode Of Payment
- Online – through Debit / Credit Card or Net Banking
- Offline – through e-challan
Common Services / Facilitation Centres
More than one lakh and fifty thousand Common Services Centres are established by the Government of India under e-Governance plan/scheme [NeGP] to provide support to those candidates who are not much aware of online things or who don’t know how to attempt online application. Such candidates can UGC NET 2020 apply online with the help of CSC by paying applicable service charges. A list having names and addresses of the CSC is available on the website – www.csc.gov.in.
UGC NET 2020-21 Exam Pattern
As per official notice, UGC NET 2020-21 will be held in online mode i.e. ‘Computer Based Test’. There will be 2 papers and each has objective type questions to be solved in the prescribed time. After appearing in Paper 1, candidates will get a break of 30 minutes before going to appear for Paper 2.
Paper 1 will have 50 MCQs to be solved in 1 hour. Each MCQ will be of 2 marks. MCQs in Paper 1 will be set to determine/test general awareness, divergent thinking, comprehension skills, and reasoning ability of the candidate. Paper 1 will be held in two shifts-
- 1st shift – from 9.30 am to 10.30 am
- 2nd shift – from 2.00 pm to 3.00 pm
Paper 2 will have 100 MCQs to be solved in 2 hours. Each MCQ will be of 2 marks. MCQs in Paper 2 will be based on the subject opted by the NET 2020 aspirant. Solving all the MCQs of Paper 2 will be compulsory. Like Paper 1, Paper 2 will also be held in 2 shifts-
- 1st shift – from 11.00 am to 1:00 pm
- 2nd shift – from 3.30 pm to 5.30 pm
Note – candidates can appear for the exam in any shift but not in both shifts; shift no. must be same for both papers
UGC NET 2020 Syllabus
The subject wise syllabus is available to download on UGC’s website. To download it now, please click here. Syllabus for all NET subjects is also accessible through the libraries of all Indian Universities.
Test Practice Centres (TPCs)
NTA has formed a network of test practice centers for such candidates who are not aware of online test / ‘Computer Based Test’. This facility will be free of charge/cost and offers an actual experience of taking a CBT. Free of cost registration for TPC can be done through NTA’s website. The process of registration is explained below-
- Open NTA’s official website
- On the homepage, you will have to find and click on link ‘Student Registration(For Mock Test)’
- On clicking the said link, a new page will be opened
- On the new page, you will see 3 login methods; use any of them to proceed further
- After registering for TPC, you will get a confirmation message
- For registration and center selection, you can also download NTA’s student app in your android mobile phone through ‘Google App Store’
UGC NET 2020-21 Admit Card
UGC NET 2020 admit card will be issued through the NTA’s website from 19th Nov 2020 onwards. To get or download UGC NET 2020 admit card, a candidate has to use his / her application no. and password on the official website of NET. After downloading UGC NET 2020 admit card, the candidate should print it on A4 size paper.
UGC NET 2020 admit card will be printed with the following information.
- Candidate’s name, photo & signature (same as uploaded in UGC NET 2020 online application)
- Name of the center with complete address
- Date, shift and time of UGC NET 2020 exam
- Name of the subject (selected by candidate at the time of online application)
- Instructions to be followed by candidates during UGC NET 2020 exam
Documents for Exam
- Hard copy of UGC NET 2020 admit card
- Original, valid & non-expired photo ID of candidate
- PwD certificate (only for those candidates who want to claim relaxation under PwD category; certificate must be issued by the Competent Authority)
- 1 passport size photograph (same as uploaded in the online application form)
UGC NET 2020-21 Exam Centres (Cities)
As per the official notice, the NET 2020 aspirant is needed to select 4 different examination centers/cities of his / her choice. Names of few centers (cities) where the UGC NET 2020 exam will be conducted are given below
Port Blair, Chandigarh, Delhi, Raipur, Eluru, Chittoor, Bilaspur, Daman, Anantapur, Anand, Ongole, Nellore, Godhra, Gandhinagar, Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Tadepalligudem, Itanagar, Patan, Panipat, Bhagalpur, Tezpur, Vadodara, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Gaya, Faizabad, Kurukshetra, Dhanbad, Ranchi, Sagar, Indore, Gwalior, Mohali, Bhopal, Mysuru, Sitapur, Kozhikode, Nasik, Jalgaon, Kohima, Dimapur, Kolkata, Amritsar, Puducherry, Ajmer, Vellore, Thoothukudi, Jhansi, Pantnagar, Kanpur, Lucknow, Jaipur Etc.
UGC NET 2020-21 Answer key
UGC NET 2020 answer key will be displayed for challenges by the National Testing Agency on its website. It will remain available on the website for 3 to 5 days. Any candidate who will challenge the answer key is needed to pay an amount of Rs. 1000/- (per question) towards processing charges.
UGC NET 2020-21 Result
Before declaring UGC NET 2020 result, the NTA will display the answer key of all the candidates for 3 to 5 days on the NTA’s online portal.
NTA will announce UGC NET 2020 result by January 10, 2020. For more details on UGC NET 2020, keep visiting this page regularly.