UPSC CAPF AC 2018 Apply Online : Good news for police job seekers out there. Just now, Union Public Service Commission has announced the official notification and dates for this year’s CAPF (ACs) recruitment event. Interested candidates can fill and submit an online application up to May 21st, 2018 till 18.00 Hours. But before initiating online application process, they are requested to ensure that they fulfil all eligibility criteria. Along with this, they are also required to know few other essential information about this upcoming recruitment event like number of vacancies, application form, process, fee, admit card etc.
UPSC CAPF AC 2018 Notification
On April 25th, 2018, Union Public Service Commission has released an official notification for the recruitment of Assistant Commandants in Central Armed Police Forces viz. Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
UPSC CAPF (ACs) exam 2018 official notification is available to download on UPSC’s official website. Click here to download.
UPSC CAPF AC Quick Look
|Examination name||UPSC CAPF (ACs) Exam 2018|
|Conducted by||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Notification number & released on||08/2018-CPF, April 25th, 2018|
|Tentative number of vacancies||398|
|Post name||Assistant Commandants (Group A)|
|Online application process||April 25th to May 21st, 2018|
|Minimum Educational Qualifications||Bachelor’s degree|
|e-Admission Certificate for Written Exam will be available from||3 weeks before the commencement of the Written Exam|
|Written Examination (Both Paper I & II)||12th August, 2018|
|Paper I Timing||10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon|
|Paper II Timing||2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m|
|Result declared on||Will be notified soon|
|Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests||Will be notified soon|
|Interview/Personality Test||Will be notified soon|
|Final Selection / Merit||Will be notified soon|
|Apply online @||www.upsconline.nic.in|
UPSC CAPF ACs 2018 Number Of Vacancies
As per official notification, 398 is the total number of vacancies to be filled through this recruitment event. However, this number of vacancies is tentative and can be changed. Department-wise distribution of vacancies is given below:
|S. No.||Department Name||Number of vacancies|
UPSC CAPF ACs 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants should go through eligibility conditions before applying for the examination. Below we have provided few important points regarding the same.
- Nationality – Only Indian Citizens are eligible to apply. However, a subject of Nepal or Bhutan having the consent of the Central Government is also eligible to apply for UPSC CAPF (ACs) Exam 2018.
- Sex – This recruitment event is opened for both female as well as male candidates. Both men and women are eligible for employment to the post of Assistant Commandants (ACs).
- Age Limits – On August 1st, 2018, a candidate must be 20 years old but not more than 25 years. Though, upper age limit i.e. 25 will be relaxable for candidates belonging to reserved categories. Relaxation in upper age limit will be given to candidates as per shown in below table:
|Candidates belonging to category||Relaxation in upper age limit (in years)|
|Scheduled Caste||Up to 5|
|Scheduled Tribe||Up to 5|
|Ex-Servicemen||Up to 5|
|Civilian Central Government Servants||Up to 5|
Minimum Educational Qualifications – A candidate applying for the examination should have passed in any graduation course from a recognized University/institution/college. Candidates having professional and technical degrees are also eligible to apply for this recruitment event.
Desirable Qualification – At the time of Interview/Personality Test, preference will be given to the candidates having NCC ‘B’ or ‘C’ certificates. It will be a desirable qualification.
Minimum Standards Requirement
- Physical Standards
|Chest (without expansion)||Not applicable||81 cm|
|Chest (with expansion)||Not applicable||86 cm|
|Height||157 cm||165 cm|
|Weight||46 kg||50 kg|
- Medical Standards
|Vision||Better eye (corrected vision)||Worse eye (corrected vision)|
Note: For complete information regarding minimum standards requirement, candidates are recommended to go through official notification.
UPSC CAPF ACs 2018 Application Fee
All the candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- as their online application processing fee. However, female candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST category are exempted from payment of fee. Have a quick look at below provided table about the same:
Candidates belonging to category
|Application processing fee|
|Female candidates||No fee|
|Civilian Central Government Servants||Rs. 200/-|
Candidates applicable for the payment of fee can pay fee either by using RuPay/Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card or by using SBI net banking facility or by depositing the cash in any nearest SBI’s branch. Candidates who want to deposit the fee in offline mode should have to print an auto-generated Pay-in-Slip/e-challan while attempting part-II registration and submit it to any nearest SBI’s branch along with requisite fee. Payment of fee through this method can be done up to May 20th, 2018 i.e. one day, before the closing date. Fee can be paid online up to May 21st, 2018 till 18.00 hours.
UPSC CAPF ACs 2018 Application Form and Process
UPSC CAPF (ACs) exam 2018 application forms are available online @ www.upsconline.nic.in. All the interested candidates belonging to any category are required to fill and submit online application to apply for this recruitment event. The candidates are advised to submit only single application.
The portal for attempting online application has been opened now and will remain opened up to May 21st, 2018 till 18.00 hours. The process of attempting online form is given below:
- Open UPSC’s official website @ upsconline.nic.in/
- On homepage, you will see fee different links
- Find and click on the ‘ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC’ link
- A new page will be opened having with few details regarding ongoing recruitment events
- On the same page, you will also see links for Part I & II registration
- Since you are new therefore click on the link available under ‘Part I’ registration heading
- On clicking the said link, you will be taken to a new page where you see few ‘Important Instructions to fill online Application Form’
- Read all the provided instructions carefully before filling up online application form
- Now proceed further by clicking on the ‘Yes’ tab
- You will see Part I registration form having few fields to be filled by a candidate
- Now, enter all the required details carefully to complete Part I registration
- After filling up the details, verify them and click on the ‘Continue’ tab
- Now, you are onto the Part II registration form where you will have to select payment option
- Select examination centre
- Upload photo & signature in the specified format
- Read and agree to declaration
- Print the application form and keep it safe for future reference
Note: After attempting Part I & II registration form successfully, you will get a system generated email on your registered email address
UPSC CAPF AC 2018 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Firstly, there will be a written examination to be conducted on August 12th, 2018 by Union Public Service Commission. It will comprise two papers i.e. Paper I & II. Both Papers I & II will be held on the same day & date but timings will be different.
Paper I – It will be a General Ability and Intelligence test to be held from 10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon. There will be MCQs in this paper of total 250 marks. MCQs will be set in both Hindi and English languages. In this paper, there will be negative marking as well. One third of the marks allotted to that question will be subtracted as penalty. MCQs in this paper will mostly from the following topics:
|Current Events of National & International Importance||This section of the question paper will have MCQs on current events of national & international importance in the broad areas of industry, business, globalisation, societal & developmental issues, culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance & interplay among nations.|
|General Mental Ability||MCQs will be set to test the quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning including data interpretation as well as numerical ability|
|General Science||MCQs will be set to test scientific temper, general awareness, comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Environmental Science, Information Technology, Biotechnology.|
|Indian Polity and Economy||MCQs will be set to test candidates’ knowledge about the Constitution of India, India’s economic development, political, social systems and public administration, regional/international security issues and human rights.|
|Indian and World Geography||MCQs in this section will cover the economic, physical and social aspects of geography pertaining to India as well as the World.|
|History of India||MCQs in this section will cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects including the areas of growth of nationalism as well as freedom movement.|
Paper II – This paper will be for testing candidates’ General Studies, Essay and Comprehension skills. Paper II will be of total 200 marks. There will be two sections in this paper i.e. Part A & B.
- Part A will have essay questions of 80 Marks. In Part A, candidates should have to write Essay in long narrative form in either English or Hindi language. Topics for essay are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, economy, geography and polity, knowledge of human rights & security issues as well as analytical ability.
- Part B will be of 120 Marks questions on Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills. Candidates should have to attempt Part B in English language only. Topics for Part B are précis writing, developing counter arguments, Comprehension passages, simple grammar & other aspects of language testing.
Note: Commission will set minimum qualifying marks for both Paper I & II. Evaluation of Paper II will be only done if a candidate will score at least or above minimum qualifying marks in Paper I.
Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Test
Written examination qualified candidates will be called for Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Test. Candidates who meet the above mentioned physical standards will need to go through the Physical Efficiency Tests (aka PET) as shown below:
|100 Meters race||In 18 seconds||In 16 seconds|
|800 Meters race||In 4 minutes 45 seconds||In 3 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.0 meters (3 chances)||3.5 meters (3 chances)|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)||-||4.5 Meters|
After written examination result declaration, PET will be conducted at several centres.
Candidates qualified in physical/medical standards/physical efficiency tests will be called for Interview/Personality Test of total 150 marks. It will be conducted by* Union Public Service Commission.
A final merit list will be prepared by UPSC on the basis of marks scored by a candidate in the written as well as Interview/Personality Test.
UPSC CAPF ACs 2018 Admission Certificate
Candidates who will successfully attempt online application and fulfil eligibility conditions can download their e-Admission certificate 3 weeks before the commencement of the written examination. No admit card for the written examination will be sent by post. For downloading e-Admission certificate, a candidate will have to follow a below-mentioned process having few simple steps:
- Open UPSC’s official website in a web browser
- Search for ‘Download Admit Card’ section
- Now, enter registration ID & date of birth OR roll no. (if received)
- You will see your e-admission certificate
- Download and print it
UPSC CAPF AC 2018 Exam Centres
Written examination will be held at the several centres like Vishakhapatnam, Udaipur, Tirupati, Thiruvananthapuram, Srinagar, Shimla, Shillong, Sambalpur, Ranchi, Raipur, Port Blair, Patna, Panaji (Goa), Nagpur, Mumbai, Madurai, Lucknow, Kolkata, Kohima, Kochi, Jorhat, Jammu, Jaipur, Itanagar, Imphal, Hyderabad, Gangtok, Dispur, Dharwad, Delhi, Dehradun, Cuttack, Chennai, Chandigarh, Bhopal, Bareilly, Bangalore, Allahabad, Aizawl, Ahmedabad and Agartala.
UPSC CAPF ACs 2018 Results
Final results will be announced as well as published by UPSC on its official website. To check result, a candidate has to open UPSC’s website and click on results UPSC CAPF (AC’s) link. Enter his/her RID & date of birth OR roll no. to get your result.
In the end, don’t forget to bookmark us. We wish you Best of Luck for UPSC CAPF (ACs) 2018.