UPSC CAPF AC 2021 Apply Online : Union Public Service Commission has released the UPSC CAPF 2021 Notification for the recruitment of Assistant Commandants in Central Armed Police Forces on 15th April 2021. Interested candidates can submit an online application @ https://www.upsconline.nic.in/ from 15th April 2021 and the last date to apply online is 5th May 2021.
- Candidate must have to furnish the details of a Photo ID like Aadhaar, PAN Card, Voter Card, Passport or Driving License, etc., and require to upload the same while submission of the application form. Candidates are also required to carry the same Photo ID to the exam hall.
- Candidate must have eligibility criteria prescribed by the UPSC to appear in the exam which includes an age limit of 20-25 years as of 1st Aug 2021 along with a Bachelor’s Degree.
- UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandants exam will be held offline on 8th August 2021.
Read further to know about UPSC CAPF AC eligibility criteria number of vacancies, application form, process, fee, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, etc.
UPSC CAPF AC 2021 Notification
UPSC CAPF 2021 Notification has been released on 15th April by Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment of Assistant Commandants in Central Armed Police Forces viz. Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
UPSC CAPF (ACs) exam 2021 notification will be available to download on UPSC’s official website or you can click the link below to download.
UPSC CAPF AC Quick Look
|Exam Name||UPSC CAPF (AC) 2021|
|Recruitment Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Post name||Assistant Commandant (Group A)|
|Notification||15th April 2021|
|No. of vacancies||323|
|Application start date||15th April 2021|
|Application last date||5th May 2021|
|Age Limit||20-25 Years age|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor’s degree|
|Written Exam Admit Card||3 weeks before the Written Exam|
|Written Examination (Both Paper I & II)||8th August 2021|
|Paper I Timing||10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon|
|Paper II Timing||2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m|
|Written Result||To be notified|
|PST/PET/Medical||To be notified|
|Interview/Personality Test||To be notified|
|Final Selection List||To be notified|
|Apply online @||www.upsconline.nic.in|
UPSC CAPF AC 2021 Number Of Vacancies
As per the official notification, 159 is the total number of vacancies to be filled through this recruitment event. However, this number of vacancies is tentative and can be changed. Department-wise distribution of vacancies is given below:
|S. No.||Department Name||Number of vacancies|
UPSC CAPF AC 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants should go through UPSC CAPF AC eligibility conditions before applying for the examination. Below we have provided a few important points regarding the same.
Only Indian Citizens are eligible to apply. However, a subject of Nepal or Bhutan having the consent of the Central Government is also eligible to apply for UPSC CAPF (ACs) Exam 2021.
This recruitment event is opened for both females as well as male candidates. Both men and women are eligible for employment to the post of Assistant Commandants (AC).
On August 1st, 2021, a candidate must be 20 years old but not more than 25 years or S/he should have been born between 02 Aug 1997 and 01 Aug 2002. The upper age limit will be relaxable for candidates belonging to reserved categories. Relaxation in the upper age limit will be given to candidates as shown in the below table:
|Candidates belonging to category||Relaxation in upper age limit (in years)|
|Scheduled Caste||Up to 5|
|Scheduled Tribe||Up to 5|
|Ex-Servicemen||Up to 5|
|Civilian Central Government Servants||Up to 5|
|Candidates who lived in J&K 01 Jan 1980 and 31 Dec 1989||Up to 5|
Minimum Educational Qualifications
A candidate applying for the examination should have passed in any graduation course from a recognized University/institution/college. Candidates having professional and technical degrees are also eligible to apply for this recruitment event.
At the time of the Interview/Personality Test, preference will be given to the candidates having NCC ‘B’ or ‘C’ certificates. It will be a desirable qualification.
Minimum Standards Requirement
- Physical Standards
|Chest (without expansion)||Not applicable||81 cm|
|Chest (with expansion)||Not applicable||86 cm|
|Height||157 cm||165 cm|
|Weight||46 kg||50 kg|
- Medical Standards
|Vision||Better eye (corrected vision)||Worse eye (corrected vision)|
Note: For complete information regarding the minimum standards requirement, candidates are recommended to go through the official notification.
UPSC CAPF AC 2021 Application Fee
All the candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- as their online application processing fee. However, female candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST category are exempted from payment of a fee. Have a quick look at below provided table about the same:
Candidates belonging to category
|Application processing fee|
|Female candidates||No fee|
|Civilian Central Government Servants||Rs. 200/-|
Candidates applicable for the payment of fee can pay the fee either by using RuPay/Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card or by using SBI net banking facility or by depositing the cash in any nearest SBI’s branch.
Candidates who want to deposit the fee in offline mode should have to print an auto-generated Pay-in-Slip/e-challan while attempting part-II registration and submit it to any nearest SBI branch along with the requisite fee.
- The last date to generate Pay-in-slip / Challan is 5th May 2021 at 23.59 hours
- The last date to submit challan in SBI Bank is 6th May 2021 up to the bank’s working hours
- The last date to pay the fee online is 7th May 2021 up to 18:00 Hours
UPSC CAPF AC 2021 Application Form
UPSC CAPF (ACs) exam 2021 application forms are available online @ www.upsconline.nic.in. All the interested candidates are required to fill and submit an online application to apply for the recruitment event. The candidates are advised to submit only a single application.
The portal for submitting an online application will be opened on 15th April 2021 and will remain open up to 5th May 2021 till 18.00 hours. The process of attempting an online form is given below:
How To Apply Online?
Part I Registration
- Open UPSC’s official website @ upsconline.nic.in/
- On the homepage, you will see a few different links
- Find and click on the ‘ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC’ link
- A new page will be opened having with few details regarding ongoing recruitment events
- On the same page, you will also see links for Part I & II registration
- Since you are a new user, therefore click on the link ‘Click here for PART I’ available under ‘Part I’ registration heading and against ‘Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants)’
- On clicking the said link, you will be taken to a new page where you see few ‘Important Instructions to fill online Application Form’
- Read all the provided instructions carefully before filling up the online application form
- Now proceed further by clicking on the ‘Yes’ tab
- You will see the Part I registration form having few fields to be filled by a candidate
- Now, enter all the required details carefully to complete Part I registration like name, gender, date of birth, father’s / mother’s names, nationality, marital status, community, etc.
- Select your educational qualifications then enter your address and mobile number
- Enter and confirm your email ID
- Click on the ‘Continue’ tab
- Provide appropriate information to tell whether you want relaxation in the upper limit or not
- Click on the tab ‘Continue’
- Select any of the given photo identity options
- Now, enter and confirm the ID number of the selected photo ID
- The select medium of examination and appropriate option to provide information about the status of ‘Ex-serviceman’
- Click on the tab ‘Continue’
- Verify your application details and if you want to make any changes then click on tab ‘Update’ otherwise ‘I Agree’
- Print your registration slip by clicking on the tab ‘Print Slip’
- To proceed further to complete Part II registration of the online application, click on the tab ‘Click here for Part II Registration’
- Now, you are onto the Part-II registration form where you will have to select the payment option
- Select examination center
- Upload digital files of your photo, signature, and ID card
- Read and agree to the declaration
- Print the application form and keep it safe for future reference
Note: After submiting the Part I & II registration form successfully, you will get a system generated email on your registered email address
Documents Required for Apply Online
- Active email ID and mobile number
- Photo Identity number (acceptable IDs are – Pan card / Driving License / Passport / Aadhar Card / Voter Card / Any other photo ID issued by the Government
- Scanned photo and signature in JPG format. Size of scanned files should be between 20 KB and 300 KB; resolution should be between 350 pixels * 350 pixels and 1000 pixels * 1000 pixels; bit depth of image file must be 24 bit
- Photo ID document in PDF format only. Document size must be between 300 kb and 20 kb
- Details of credit/debit card/internet banking to pay the application fee online
Withdrawal of Applications
Commission has also provided the facility of withdrawal of the application. The candidates who have successfully submitted their online application but do not want to write this examination can withdraw their application by submitting the request to the Commission. Such candidates can make the request for withdrawal of application between 2given dates. However, the application fee submitted by them will not be refunded to them.
UPSC CAPF AC 2021 Exam Pattern
UPSC CAPF AC 2021 includes the following examinations/tests.
- Written Examination (Paper I & Paper-II)
- Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests
- Interview / Personality Test
Candidates who successfully apply for UPSC CAPF AC 2021 will be called to write a written examination. It will comprise two papers i.e. Paper I & II. Both Papers I & II will be held on the same day & date but timings will be different.
|Paper||Name of Test||Nature of Questions||Language||No. of Marks|
|Paper I||General Ability and Intelligence test||MCQs||English/Hindi||250|
|Paper II||Part A - General Studies, Essay||Descriptive||English/Hindi||80|
|Part B - Comprehension Skills||Descriptive||English||120|
- Paper-I will be a General Ability and Intelligence Test.
- There will be MCQs for a total of 250 marks.
- MCQs will be set in both Hindi and English languages.
- There will be negative marking, One-third of the marks allotted to that question will be deducted as a penalty.
This paper will be for testing candidates’ General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension skills. Paper-II will be for a total of 200 marks. There will be two sections in this paper i.e. Part A & B.
- Part A will have essay questions of 80 Marks. In Part A, candidates should have to write an essay in a long narrative form in either English or Hindi language. Topics for the essay are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, economy, geography and polity, knowledge of human rights & security issues as well as analytical ability.
- Part B will be of 120 Marks questions on Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills. Candidates should have to attempt Part B in the English language only. Topics for Part B are précis writing, developing counter arguments, Comprehension passages, simple grammar & other aspects of language testing.
Note: Commission will set minimum qualifying marks for both Paper I & II. Evaluation of Paper-II will be only done if a candidate will score at least or above minimum qualifying marks in Paper I.
Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Test
Written examination qualified candidates will be called for Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests. Candidates who meet the above mentioned physical standards will need to go through the Physical Efficiency Tests (aka PET) as shown below:
|100 Meters race||In 18 seconds||In 16 seconds|
|800 Meters race||In 4 minutes 45 seconds||In 3 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.0 meters (3 chances)||3.5 meters (3 chances)|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)||-||4.5 Meters|
After the written examination result declaration, PET will be conducted at several centers. Those who qualified in the Physical Efficiency Test will have to undergo Medical Standards Tests. All tests of stage II of UPSC CAPF 2021 will be held under a Nodal Authority which will be appointed by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Candidates qualified in physical/medical standards/physical efficiency tests will be called for the Interview/Personality Test of a total of 150 marks. It will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
UPSC CAPF AC 2021 Syllabus
UPSC CAPF AC Paper I Syllabus is tabulated below.
|Current Events of National & International Importance||This section of the question paper will have MCQs on current events of national & international importance in the broad areas of industry, business, globalisation, societal & developmental issues, culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance & interplay among nations.|
|General Mental Ability||MCQs will be set to test the quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning including data interpretation as well as numerical ability|
|General Science||MCQs will be set to test scientific temper, general awareness, comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Environmental Science, Information Technology, Biotechnology.|
|Indian Polity and Economy||MCQs will be set to test candidates’ knowledge about the Constitution of India, India’s economic development, political, social systems and public administration, regional/international security issues and human rights.|
|Indian and World Geography||MCQs in this section will cover the economic, physical and social aspects of geography pertaining to India as well as the World.|
|History of India||MCQs in this section will cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects including the areas of growth of nationalism as well as freedom movement.|
A final merit list will be prepared by UPSC on the basis of marks scored by a candidate in the written and Interview/Personality Test.
Read: UPSC CDS 2021
UPSC CAPF Exam Date
UPSC CAPF AC 2021 exam be conducted on 8th August 2021 by Union Public Service Commission. Paper-I will be conducted from 10:00 am to 12:00 Noon whereas Paper-II will be conducted from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
UPSC CAPF AC 2021 Admit Card
Candidates who will successfully submit an online application and fulfill eligibility conditions can download the UPSC CAPF 2021, Admit Card, 3 weeks before the commencement of the written examination.
No admit card for the written examination will be sent by post. For downloading an e-Admission certificate, a candidate will have to follow the below-mentioned process having a few simple steps:
- Open UPSC’s official website in a web browser
- Search for the ‘Download Admit Card’ section
- Now, enter registration ID & date of birth OR roll no. (if received)
- You will see your re-admission certificate
- Download and print it
UPSC CAPF AC 2021 Exam Centres
The written examination will be held at several centers like Vishakhapatnam, Udaipur, Tirupati, Thiruvananthapuram, Srinagar, Shimla, Shillong, Sambalpur, Ranchi, Raipur, Port Blair, Patna, Panaji (Goa), Nagpur, Mumbai, Madurai, Lucknow, Kolkata, Kohima, Kochi, Jorhat, Jammu, Jaipur, Itanagar, Imphal, Hyderabad, Gangtok, Dispur, Dharwad, Delhi, Dehradun, Cuttack, Chennai, Chandigarh, Bhopal, Bareilly, Bangalore, Allahabad, Aizawl, Ahmedabad, and Agartala.
UPSC CAPF AC Salary
CAPF Assistant Commandant will get a salary of Rs. 51,480/- (in-hand salary). Basic pay will be Rs. 15,600/- with grade pay of Rs. 5,400/- and allowances will be Rs. 26,250/-.
UPSC CAPF AC 2021 Result
The UPSC CAPF Result 2021 will be announced by UPSC on its official website. To check the result, candidates require RID & Date of Birth/ Roll No.
- Visit UPSC’s website
- Click on the results UPSC CAPF (AC’s) link
- Enter his/her RID & Date of Birth/ Roll No.
- Click on Submit
- Check the result
UPSC CAPF AC Cut Off
UPSC CAPF Cut Off (Final) has been tabulated below.
UPSC CAPF AC FAQs
Q. What is the last date for submitting the UPSC CAPF Online Application Form?
A. Th last date to submit the UPSC CAPF AC application form is 5th May 2021 till 6 pm.
Q. What does CAPF stand for?
A. CAPF stands for Central Armed Police Forces under the MHA (Ministry of Home Affairs). CAPFs includes the seven forces – SSB, CRPF, ITBP, CISF, BSF, AR, NSG.
Q. Does BSF comes under the Central Armed Police Forces?
Q. What is the salary of CAPF AC?
A. CAPF AC in-hand salary is Rs. 51,480/-.
Q. Can females apply for UPSC CAPF AC?
A. Yes, both males and females are eligible to apply for UPSC CAPF AC.
Q. What is the age limit to apply for General category candidates?
A. UPSC CAPF age limit for General category candidates is 20 – 25 years.
Q. Is possessing NCC ‘B’ or ‘C’ certificate mandatory in order to apply for UPSC CAPF AC 2021?
A. No. But candidates having such certificates will be preferred at the time of the personality/interview test only.
Q. I’m a person of Indian origin. Am I eligible for this examination?
A. No, you are not eligible to apply for UPSC CAPF AC.
Q. Can I upload my photo ID card in .jpg format in an online application?
A. No. the Photo ID card should be uploaded in PDF format only.
Q. What will be the mode of UPSC CAPF written examination?
A. The written examination will be held in offline mode i.e. it will be Pen & paper-based test.