UPSC CDS Registration 2021 : UPSC CDS (II) apply online process has commenced from 4th August 2021 on the official website of UPSC and the last date of registration is 24th Aug 2021. UPSC CDS Eligibility criteria along with the application process are given in this article.
- UPSC CDS exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice every year to recruit various candidates as officers in the Indian Military, Navy, Air Force, and Training Academy.
- UPSC CDS (II) written exam 2021 will be conducted on 14th November 2021.
UPSC CDS (I) 2021 Application Form was available between 28 Oct 2020 to 17th Nov 2020. UPSC CDS (II) Exam has been scheduled for 2nd Feb 2021.
|Name of the Academy||CDS (II) 2021 Course name||Vacancy / No. of seats|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||Executive (General Service) / Hydro||22|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai||30th SSC Women (Non-Technical)||16|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||153rd (DE) Course||100|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||(Pre-Flying) Training Course i.e. No. 210 F(P) Course||32|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)||116th SSC (Men) Course (NT)||169|
UPSC CDS II exam 2021 official notification will be released on 4th August 2021 which contains the eligibility criteria, application dates, and the date of the written exam along with other details.
UPSC CDS Important Dates
The UPSC CDS II exam 2021 application process will begin from 4th August 2021 and last till 24 Aug 2021 and the exam will be conducted on 14th November 2021 according to the official calendar.
UPSC CDS I exam 2021 application process has started on 28 Oct 2020 and completed on 17 Nov 2020.
|UPSC CDS Event||CDS (I) 2021 Dates||CDS (II) 2021 Dates|
|Start Date of Online Application||28 Oct 2020||04.08.2021|
|Closing Of Application||17 Nov 2020||24.08.2021|
|Admit Card Download||8 Jan 2021||3rd week of Oct 2021|
|Written Exam Date||7th Feb 2021||14.11.2021|
|SSB interview Dates||To be notified||To be notified|
UPSC CDS Eligibility Criteria 2021
UPSC CDS eligibility 2021 has been mentioned below in terms of Nationality, Educational qualifications, and Age limit.
Candidates must be eligible to apply and appear for the UPSC CDS exam 2021. They must meet the conditions specified in the notification in terms of nationality criterion failing which they would not be allowed to appear for the exam. A candidate must be either
- Indian Citizen (or)
- A subject of Bhutan or Nepal (or)
- Tibetan refugees arrived in India before 1st January 1962 (or)
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, East African countries of Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya, Zambia, Ethiopia, Zaire, or Vietnam.
Candidates other than Indian Citizens need to acquire an eligibility certificate from the Indian Government to be able to appear for the exam.
The qualifications required by different academies vary from each other which have been enumerated as follows.
- To be eligible for the Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy, a candidate must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree certificate from a recognized Board or University.
- To be eligible for the Indian Naval Academy, candidates must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a recognized Board or University.
- For candidates who want to opt for the Air Force Academy, they should have passed their Senior Secondary with Physics and Mathematics and must also have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a recognized University.
- Candidates who possess some technical course degree or any such equivalent degree or certificate are also eligible.
- Candidates who are in their final year and yet to acquire their degree/certificate can also apply provided that at the time of selection, such candidates will have to show proof that they have obtained the minimum educational qualifications.
Age Limit and Marital Status
UPSC CDS age limit and marital status along with gender criteria for different institutes are tabulated below.
|Institute||Age limit||Gender ||Marital Status|
|IMA ||18 yrs-23 yrs||Only male||Unmarried male |
|INA ||18 yrs – 23 yrs||Only male||Unmarried male|
|Air Force||20 yrs- 24 yrs||Only male||Unmarried male|
|Officer’s Training Academy (OTA) ||18 yrs – 24 yrs||Only male||Both married and Unmarried|
|OTA (non- technical)||18 yrs – 24 yrs||Only female||Unmarried/ widows or divorcees (not having any conflicting issues) those who have not remarried yet|
Candidates should possess the following mentioned height in order to become eligible to apply for the UPSC CDS examination.
|Height||157 cm for Navy||152 cm|
|162.5 cm for Air Force||-|
UPSC CDS Application Form 2021
UPSC CDS application form 2021 will be released on the UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in. Candidates can fill the UPSC CDS application form from 4 Aug 2021 to 24 Aug 2021 only through the online mode and no other mode is allowed.
UPSC CDS online application consists of two parts.
- Part I Registration
- Part II Final Application
UPSC CDS 2021 – How To Apply Online?
UPSC CDS application form includes registration of the application, filling in the application, uploading of essential documents (scanned files of photo, signature & photo ID), and the payment of application fees.
Part I Registration
- Log on to the UPSC official website
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ option and choose Online application for various exams of UPSC or open directly upsconline.nic.in
- Again click on the Online application for various exams of UPSC
- Find the UPSC Combined Defense Services application submission link and click on the Part I registration
- Candidates first need to register themselves using details such as their name, email address, D.O.B, address, contact information, category, etc.
- Once that is done, they must then fill out their institute preference in the order of their choice and must also specify whether or not they have obtained their NCC ‘C’ certificate.
- Once all the details have been entered, they must check it again for any discrepancy or error and then submit the details.
- A confirmation page followed by the Registration ID will be generated.
Part II. Final Application
- Click on Part-II registration and enter their registration ID and D.O.B.
- The candidates are then directed first to the payment option wherein they can select any one out of the three options given – by cash (paying through SBI challan)/debit card/credit card/ net banking.
- They must now upload the scanned image and signature according to the specifications mentioned by UPSC. The image must be clear and between 3-40 kb with a dimension of 140*110 pixels. The signature must be between 3-40 kb with a dimension of 110*140 pixels.
- Upload scanned file of photo ID
- Click on the preview to check the uploaded photo and signature, Id and click on confirm
- Candidates can then go on to select their preferred exam centers from the drop-down menu which shall be provided on a first cum first serve basis.
- After the successful completion of all the steps, a confirmation page shall be generated that must be downloaded.
- Candidates can withdraw the application form during the specified dates.
UPSC CDS Application Fee
The application fee of the candidates belonging to various categories has been duly mentioned.
|General category males||Rs 200|
|OBC – Non creamy layer||Rs 200|
|Female candidates||Exempted |
- Pay by Cash at SBI Branch: Application fee can be paid through cash by generating SBI e-Challan and paying at any of the SBI bank branches.
- Pay through Card/ Net banking: Use net banking or debit/credit card to submit the fee through the payment gateway page.
Documents Needed For Application Submission
- Scanned copy of the photograph
- Scanned signature copy
- The scanned file of Photo ID
- Valid mobile number and email ID
- Personal, Educational, and Payment details
Withdrawal of UPSC CDS Application Form 2021
UPSC will provide an option for the candidates to withdraw their online application for the CDS examination. Candidates will be able to withdraw their applications between 31 Aug 2021 – 6 Sep 2021 till 6 PM. After that, no request will for withdrawal be entertained. Candidates who will be filling the online application form should know the following important points about the withdrawal of the application.
- The application can be withdrawn between given dates
- Only the completed applications can be withdrawn
- While requesting for application withdrawal, candidates should keep their registered mobile number with them as an OTP will be provided to complete the procedure
- The application fee paid by the candidate will not be refunded
UPSC CDS Application Form FAQs
Q. What is the last date for the submission of applications?
A. The last date to submit the UPSC CDS (II) 2021 Application Form is 24 August 2021.
Q. Which is the official website to apply for UPSC CDS 2021?
Q. Is there any facility to withdraw the submitted application?
A. Yes. Candidates who have successfully submitted their online application but don’t want to appear for the UPSC CDS examination can withdraw their application between the dates stated by the UPSC.
Q. What is the application fee for female candidates?
A. Female candidates are not required to pay any fee. They are exempted from payment of the application fee.
Q. Can I submit multiple applications?
A. No, you are advised to submit only one application. However, if you submit multiple applications, a higher registration Id will be considered valid.
Q. Is it necessary to upload a scanned file of photo and signature in the online application?
A. Yes. Scanned files of photo and signature should be in the .jpg format and the size of each file should be between 20 kb and 300 kb.