UPSC CDS Registration 2019 : UPSC CDS exam (II) 2019 Application form will be available on official website to apply online. Eligibility criteria of UPSC CDS examination is given in this article along with application process. UPSC CDS exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice every year to recruit various candidates as officers in the Indian Military, Navy, Air Force and in the Training Academy. UPSC CDS (I) and (II) written exam 2019 will be conducted in the month of February and September respectively.
The official notification for the UPSC CDS II exam 2019 regarding the application starting and closing dates and the date of the written exam has been mentioned on the UPSC 2019 official calendar. The UPSC CDS II exam 2019 application process will begin from 12.6.2019 and lasts till 08.07.2019 and exam will be conducted on 8th September 2019 according to the official calendar.
UPSC CDS Important Dates
|Start Date UPSC CDS Online Application||12.6.2019|
|Closing Of UPSC CDS Application||8.7.2019|
|UPSC CDS 2019 Written Exam Date||8.9.2019|
|UPSC CDS Admit Card 2019 Download||To be notified|
|UPSC CDS SSB interview Dates||To be notified|
UPSC CDS Eligibility Criteria 2019
UPSC CDS eligibility 2019 has been mentioned below in terms of Nationality, Educational qualifications and Age limit.
Candidates must be eligible to apply and appear for the UPSC CDS exam 2019. They must meet the conditions specified in the notification in terms of nationality criterion failing which they would not be allowed to appear for the exam. A candidate must be either
- Indian Citizen (or)
- A subject of Bhutan or Nepal (or)
- Tibetan refugees arrived in India before 1st January 1962 (or)
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, East African countries of Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya, Zambia, Ethiopia, Zaire or Vietnam.
- Candidates who belong to other countries, need to acquire an eligibility certificate from the Indian Government to be able to appear for the exam.
The qualifications required by different academies vary from each other which has been enumerated as follows.
- To be eligible for Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy, a candidate must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree certificate from a recognized Board or University.
- To be eligible for the Indian Naval Academy, candidates must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a recognized Board or University.
- For candidates who want to opt for the Air Force Academy, they should have passed their Senior Secondary with Physics and Mathematics and must also have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a recognized University.
- Candidates who possess some technical course degree or any such equivalent degree or certificate are also eligible.
- Candidates who are in their final year and are yet to acquire their degree/certificate can also apply provided that they have cleared all the previous semesters and will provide their results during selection.
Age Limit and Marital Status
UPSC CDS age limit and marital status along with gender criteria for different institutes is tabulated below.
|Institute||Age limit||Gender ||Marital Status|
|IMA ||18 yrs-23 yrs||Only male||Unmarried male |
|INA ||18 yrs – 23 yrs||Only male||Unmarried male|
|Air Force||20 yrs- 24 yrs||Only male||Unmarried male|
|Officer’s Training Academy (OTA) ||18 yrs – 24 yrs||Only male||Both married and Unmarried|
|OTA (non- technical)||18 yrs – 24 yrs||Only female||Unmarried/ widows or divorcees (not having any conflicting issues) those who have not remarried yet|
UPSC CDS Application Form 2019
UPSC CDS application form 2019 will be officially released on the UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in on the given dates in the calendar of UPSC to apply online. Candidates can fill their application forms from 12.6.2019 to 8.7.2019 only through the online mode and no other mode is allowed.
UPSC CDS 2019 – How To Apply Online?
The filling of UPSC CDS application form online involves the registering part followed by the uploading necessary documents such as signature and photograph and the payment of the application fees.
The steps for filling the UPSC CDS application form are given below.
I. Basic Registration
II. Document Upload and Fee payment
Part I. Basic Registration
- Log on to the UPSC official website @ upsc.gov.in
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ option and choose Online application for various exams of or open directly upsconline.nic.in
- Again click on Online application for various exams of UPSC
- Find UPSC Combined Defense Services application submission link and click on Part I registration
- Candidates first need to register themselves using details such as their Name, email address, D.O.B, address, contact information, category etc.
- Once that is done, they must then fill out their institute preference in the order of their choice and must also specify whether or not they have obtained their NCC ‘C’ certificate.
- Once all the details have been entered, they must check it again for any discrepancy or error and then submit the details.
- A confirmation page followed by the Registration ID will be generated.
Part II. Document Upload and Fee Payment
- Click on Part II registration and enter their registration ID and D.O.B.
- The candidates are then directed first to the payment option wherein they can select any one out of the three options given – by cash (paying through SBI challan)/debit card/credit card/ net banking.
- They must now upload the scanned image and signature according to the specifications mentioned by UPSC. The image must be clear and between 3-40 kb with a dimension of 140*110 pixels. The signature must be between 3-40 kb with a dimension of 110*140 pixels.
- Click on preview to check the uploaded photo and signature, and click on confirm
- Candidates can then go on to select their preferred exam centers from drop down menu which shall be provided on a first cum first serve basis.
- After the successful completion of all the steps, a confirmation page shall be generated that must be downloaded.
- Candidates can withdraw the application form during the specified dates.
UPSC CDS Application Fee
The application fee of the candidates belonging to various categories has been duly mentioned.
|General category males||Rs 200|
|OBC – Non creamy layer||Rs 200|
|Female candidates||Exempted |
- Pay by Cash at SBI Branch : Application fee can be paid through cash by generating SBI e-Challan and paying at the any of the SBI bank branch.
- Pay through Card/ Net banking : Use net banking or debit / credit card to submit the fee through payment gateway page.
Documents Needed For Application Submission
- Signature copy
- Scanned copy of photograph
- Personal, Educational and Payment details