UPSC CDS 2020 : UPSC CDS 2020 notification will be released on 5th August 2020 and apply online process commence from 5th August 2020 and the last date of registration is 25th August 2020. Union Public Service Commission invite CDS application form from eligible candidates for Combined Defence Services Examination to be held on 8th Nov 2020.
UPSC CDS 2020 exam will be organized and conducted for admission to the several courses in IMA Dehradun, INA Ezhimala, AFA Hyderabad and OTA Chennai in 2021. Interested candidates may apply online for the UPSC CDS exam 2020 after checking all the eligibility conditions. Candidates are required to visit website http://upsc.gov.in for filling up and submitting the application form.
Before applying for the examination, know about UPSC CDS exam 2020 such as date of release of official notification, conditions of eligibility, course wise approximate no. of vacancies, how to apply, centres of examination, fee, selection procedure, e-admit cards, results etc.
UPSC CDS 2020 Notification
Union Public Service Commission conduct CDS exam twice every year for admitting candidates in admission to the several courses in IMA Dehradun, INA Ezhimala, AFA Hyderabad and OTA Chennai. UPSC will release Combined Defence Services Examination (II) 2020 notification on 5th August 2020. UPSC CDS II 2020 exam will be held on 8th Nov 2020.
Download UPSC CDS II Exam Notification 2020
As per official examination notice, approximate no. of vacancies is 414. Further details are given below.
|S. No.||Academy name||Name of the Course||Commencing in||Approximate No. of Vacancies|
|1.||Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai||28th SSC Women (Non-Technical)||Oct 2021||-|
|2.||Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)||114th SSC (Men) Course (NT)||Oct 2021||-|
|3.||Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||(Pre-Flying) Training Course i.e. No. 208 F(P) Course||July 2021||-|
|4.||Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||Executive (General Service) / Hydro||July 2021||-|
|5.||Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||151th (DE) Course||July 2021||-|
Note – Above mentioned no. of vacancies are tentative and may be increased / decreased.
CDS 2020 Overview
|Name of the examination||UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2020|
|Also known as||UPSC CDS Exam 2020|
|Conducted by the||Union Public Service Commission|
|Examination notice no.||2/2020.CDS-II|
|Examination notice released on||August 2020|
|Opening date for submission of applications||5 August 2020|
|Closing date for submission of applications||25 August 2020|
|Online applications can be withdrawn between||-|
|Selection procedure||Written examination and SSB interview|
|Admission certificates / e-admit cards of written exam||3 weeks before the commencement of the examination|
|UPSC CDS 2020 (II) will be on||Sunday, 08 Nov 2020|
|UPSC CDS 2020 (II) result||Dec 2020|
|Apply online @||http://upsc.gov.in|
|Helpline numbers||011 - 23385271 / 011 - 23381125 / 011 - 23098543|
UPSC CDS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
An applicant should be,
- An Indian citizen (or)
- A subject of Nepal / Bhutan (or)
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st Jan 1962 to settle permanently.
- POI came to India migrated from countries of Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with in intention of settling in India.
However, candidates apart from Indian citizens needs to produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
Age Limits, Gender and Marital Status
|Academy name||Name of the Course||Conditions|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai||28th SSC Women (Non-Technical)||• Such issueless divorcees who have not married again and have valid papers |
• Issueless widows who have not married again
• Unmarried women
• They must have been born between 2nd July 1997 and 1st July 2003
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)||114th SSC (Men) Course (NT)||unmarried male candidates and should have been born between 2nd July 1997 and 1st July 2003|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||(Pre-Flying) Training Course i.e. No. 208 F(P) Course||As on 1st July 2020, applicant should be 20 years old but not have attained an age of 24 years; also applicant must be unmarried|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||Executive (General Service) / Hydro||unmarried male candidates and must have been born between 2nd July 1998 and 1st July 2003|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||151th (DE) Course||Unmarried male candidates and must have born between 2nd July 1998 and 1st July 2003|
Note- For more details, please go through official examination notice.
- For Air Force Academy- Bachelor of Engineering OR degree of a recognized University with Mathematics & Physics at 10+2 level
- For Indian Naval Academy – Degree in Engineering from any recognized University/Institution
- For Officers’ Training Academy & I.M.A. – Degree of a recognized University or equivalent
Applicant must be physically fit and free from any disease / disability. Minimum acceptable height for male applicants
- For Air Force – 162.5 cms
- For NAVY – 157 cms
- Minimum height for women candidates – 152 cms
Read More On UPSC Civil Services 2020
UPSC CDS 2020 Application Form & Process
UPSC CDS II exam 2020 application forms will be released online at the website of UPSC and the last date for submission of applications is 25th August 2020. Interested and eligible candidates don’t wait for last date and attempt online applications as early as possible to avoid last minute rush. Entire online application process is explained below.
- Open UPSC’s official website or click here
- You will see the homepage of UPSC
- Find and click on link ‘ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC’
- You will see a new page having Part – I & Part – II registration links
- Click on link available under ‘Part – I Registration’
- You will see a new page having important instructions
- Read all the Important Instructions to fill Online Application Form
- Click on tab ‘Yes’
- Enter your personal details along with educational qualification details and address
- Click on tab ‘Continue’
- Now, to proceed further click on ‘Part – II Registration’ tab
- Make payment by any of the payment options
- Select examination centre
- Upload scanned files of your photo & sign
- Accept declaration and submit application form
- Take print out of your final submitted application form
UPSC CDS 2020 Application Fee
Females and candidates belonging to SC / ST category are exempted from submission of application fees. Other candidates are required to pay an amount of Rs. 200/- towards application fees.
Those candidates who are eligible for submission of fee can make online payment by using net banking service. They can also pay their application fee by depositing the prescribed amount in any SBI’s branch along with system generated Pay in-slip. Candidates who want to deposit fee at SBI branch must take print out of system generated Pay in-slip while going through Part-II registration process.
UPSC CDS Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The entire UPSC CDS exam 2020 will consists of a written examination and interview for intelligence and personality test.
- Written examination
- Interview for Intelligence and Personality Test
UPSC CDS 2020 Scheme of Written Examination
For Admission to Air Force Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Military Academy.
- Written exam will consist of 3 Papers, Elementary Mathematics, General Knowledge, English.
- Each Paper will have 100 questions, and total marks will be 300.
- Each paper will be held for 2 hours.
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100||Profit & Loss, Ration& Proportion, Logarithms, Arithmetic, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Mensuration and Statistics, Percentages, Time & work, Time & distance, Integers, Natural numbers, rational and real numbers|
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100||MCQs on current events, History & Geography of India, Physics, Biology, General Science etc.|
|English||2 Hours||100||Questions on English comprehension, use of words, Basic Grammar, Synonyms, Antonyms, Error Spotting, Para Jumbles etc.|
For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy
- Written exam will consist of 2 Papers, English, General Knowledge.
- Each Paper will have 100 questions, and total marks will be 200.
- Each paper will be held for 2 hours.
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
Note – All the question papers will have MCQs in Hindi as well as English.
Intelligence and Personality Test aka Interview
Candidates who secure qualifying marks (to be decided by UPSC after conducting written examination) in written examination will be called for Intelligence and Personality Test. This test will be conducted by the SSB at one of the Services Selection Centres. It will be divided in two stages as given below. Clearing stage I will be necessary for those candidates who want to appear for stage II.
- Stage 1 Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) test & Picture Perception Description Test (PP&DT)
- Stage 2 Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference
Final selection of candidates shall be done on the order of merit. Final merit list shall be prepared by authorities after considering candidates’ marks in written examination & SSB Interview/Personality Test.
Firstly, Union Public Service Commission will conduct a written examination on 8th Nov 2020 at the following centres.
Tirupati, Chandigarh, Patna, Port Blair, Chennai, Lucknow, Kochi, Cuttack, Imphal, Jorhat, Kolkata, Madurai, Itanagar, Udaipur, Sambalpur, Shillong, Ranchi, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Shimla, Srinagar, Agartala, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Bareilly, Bhopal, Dehradun, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Jammu, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Jaipur, Kohima, Raipur and Visakhapatnam.
UPSC CDS Exam 2020 e-Admit Cards
Candidates can download their e-admit cards for written examination / interview from 3 weeks before the commencement of the examination / interview. Neither UPSC nor SSB will send admit cards by post.
How To Download e-Admit Cards?
- Open UPSC’s official website
- Find and click on respective link
- Enter and submit your registration no. and date of birth
- You will see your e-admit card
- Download and print it on A4 size paper
UPSC CDS 2020 Results
UPSC CDS 2020 written exam result will be announced in December 2020. Candidates shortlisted will be called for SSB Interview. Final results shall be declared in 2020 after SSB interview. However, exact dates of final result declaration are yet to be announced.
How To Check Result?
- Visit UPSC website
- Click on Written Result/ Final Result tab
- Click on Examination Written Result/ Final Result
- Click on Pdf file against Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2020
- Check Roll number
UPSC CDS Answer Key
Candidates can check written exam answer key on the UPSC website after final publication of result.
- Visit UPSC Website
- Click on ‘Examination’
- Click on ‘Answer Keys’
- Click on English, GK, Elementary Mathematics
- Check CDS Answer Key
UPSC CDS Cut Off
UPSC CDS Cut Off will be declared after announcing final result. UPSC CDS written cut off and final cut off will be announced on UPSC website.
- Visit UPSC Website
- Hover mouse over Examination
- Click on ‘Cut-Off Marks’
- Click on ‘Combined Defence Services Examination (I), 2020’ cut off link
- Check cut off
UPSC Cut Off 2019
|Name of Academy||Written Cut off||Final Cut Off|