Download UPSC Civil Services & IFS/IFoS Admit Card 2019 [Preliminary] : After the release of the official notification followed by the filling of application form is completed, the commission will release UPSC Civil Services and IFoS admit card 2019 for the preliminary exam in the 2nd week of May 2019 on UPSC website @upsconline.nic.in. After the UPSC results 2019 for the preliminary exam is announced, a detailed application form need to be submitted and the admit card will be provided by UPSC for the Civil Services Main exam by 1st week of September 2019 and the Indian Forest Services main exam admit card by 2nd week of November 2019. For UPSC Civil Services and IFoS Personality test/ Interview a separate call letter will be issued.
- UPSC Civil Services (IAS) & IFoS Preliminary Exam Admit Card : 2nd Week of May 2019
- UPSC Civil Services Main Exam Admit Card : 1st week of September 2019
- UPSC IFoS Main Exam Admit Card : 2nd Week of November 2019
- UPSC Civil Services Interview Call Letter : 2nd Week of January 2020
- UPSC IFoS Interview Call Letter : 1st Week of January 2020
The commission will release a combined admit card of the preliminary examination of the Civil Services exam (IAS) and the Indian Forest Service exam. The prelims exam for both the exams shall be the same which is conducted by UPSC. Candidates who qualify this screening level exam are then invited for Civil Services Mains and Indian Forest Service Mains exams followed by Interview that would be held separately.
UPSC Admit Card 2019 Release
UPSC IAS admit card 2019 is one of the most important documents that needs to be procured by each and every candidate wanting to appear for the prelims as well as mains exam. UPSC call letter for Personality test/ Interview is a necessary document to be produced at the time of Interview. The commission will release the e-admit card three weeks prior to the commencement of the exam on its official website @www.upsc.gov.in. It is the sole responsibility of the candidates alone to download their respective admit cards before their exam.
Candidates who will fail to present their admit cards at the examination hall shall not be permitted to proceed for the exam. The respective exam heads and invigilators will properly check and cross verify the details such as photo, name, etc. mentioned in the admit cards with the details mentioned in the documents carried by the candidates to the exam hall. Only after thorough examination and proper verification are the candidates allowed to appear for the exam.
Release of UPSC Civil Services and IFoS Preliminary and Main exam admit card and call letter for Personality test/ Interview along with exam date and result has been given below.
|Civil Services & IFoS Preliminary Exam Admit Card||2nd Week of May 2019|
|Civil Services & IFoS Preliminary Exam||2nd June 2019|
|Civil Services & IFoS Preliminary Exam Result||2nd Week of July 2019|
|Civil Services Main Exam Admit Card||1st week of September 2019|
|Civil Services Main Exam||From 20.09.2019 (For 5 days)|
|Civil Services Main Exam Result||3rd Week of December 2019|
|IFoS Main Exam Admit Card||2nd Week of November 2019|
|IFoS Main Exam||From 01.12.2019 (for 10 days)|
|IFoS Main Exam Result||1st Week of January 2020|
|Civil Services Interview Call Letter||2nd Week of January 2020|
|Civil Services Interview||2nd Week of February 2020|
|Civil Services Final Result||Last Week of April 2020|
|IFoS Interview Call Letter||1st Week of January 2020|
|IFoS Interview||Last Week of January 2020|
|IFoS Final Result||1st Week of February 2020|
How To Download The Admit Card/ Call Letter?
UPSC Civil Services and Indian Forest service (preliminary) exam 2019 will be conducted by the commission on 2nd June 2019. The Mains exam of the Civil Service exam will be conducted in September and the Indian Forest Service exam shall be conducted in December. The e-admit card for the prelims of both civil services and IFoS is the same as the screening/ preliminary exam for both the services is the same. After releasing result of Main exam, Interview will be conducted for both Civil services and IFoS exam separately and a separate call letter will be issued.
The admit card shall be made available to all the candidates who have successfully submitted application form by paying the application fee. The steps to download the e-admit card/ call letter is mentioned below.
- Candidates must first visit the official website of UPSC @ upsc.gov.in
- Then click on the ‘download admit card’ link provided on the website
- It will open upsconline.nic.in admit card download page
- Click on the link ‘UPSC Civil Services and IFoS Admit Card (Prelim/ Main) or Call Letter for Interview’
- The website provides two options to download the admit card. One is by using the registration id and the other is by using the roll number.
- Candidates can make use of any of the two options and fill in other necessary details such as the D.O.B and the security code. Then click on ‘Submit’.
- The admit card will be flashed on the screen. Candidates must first check all the details properly like their name, photo, other details, etc. before finally downloading the admit card.
In case of any discrepancy or error that the candidate notices in his/her admit card such as their name, D.O.B, photo, centre allotted, reserved category status etc., then they must immediately contact the respective authority without any delay. Candidates can also try and contact the UPSC help desk every day from Monday to Saturday (9 a.m. to 6 p.m.) to know the exact contact point and concerned authority.
Details Mentioned On The Admit Card
Candidates are advised to check the following list of information mentioned on the UPSC admit card properly and carefully to omit any chance of error or mistake on the candidate’s behalf.
The following information can be found on the admit card.
- Candidate’s name
- Father’s name of the candidate
- Date of birth
- Registration number
- Roll number
- Candidate’s uploaded photograph and signature
- Category of the candidate (General, SC, ST, OBC or PWD)
- Name and address of the exam center allotted by the commission
- Day, date and time of the examination
- Reporting time at the examination centre
- Certain important instructions
Instructions To Be Followed
The commission is liable to cancel the candidature of any candidate if there is a breach of conduct on the part of the candidate. Therefore, it is advisable for all candidates to follow these guidelines carefully.
- Do not forget to carry your admit card and ID proof to the exam hall
- Carry only black ballpoint pen to fill in the OMR sheet. No other pen is allowed
- Carrying any electronic item/device such as mobile phones, gadgets, digital watches, calculator, pager, etc. is strictly prohibited
- Do not put on henna, mehndi or any such color or item in your hands that would disrupt the fingerprint reading process
- Use of any unfair exam practices or any misbehaviour or misconduct is not tolerated. Such candidates will immediately be debarred from appearing in the exam
- Reach the examination centre on the given reporting time to avoid any mishap or trouble.
Documents To Be Carried To The Examination Hall
For Screening and Main Exam
- Duly downloaded copy of the admit card
- A copy and in original of any valid Government approved photo ID proof such as Aadhar card, PAN card, Voter ID, Driving License, Passport, etc.
- Recent passport size photograph
- Black ballpoint pen
- e-Call letter
- Educational Certificates in Original (SSC to Graduation/ Highest Degree)
- Reserved category students must bring a copy as well as original of their Caste/Disability certificate along with them
- Recent passport size photograph
UPSC Civil Services and IFS Hall Tickets FAQs
Q. Will The UPSC Release Two Separate Admit Cards For Civil Service and Indian Forest Service Prelims Exam?
A. No, only a single admit card shall be released. The UPSC Civil Services prelim exam is also the screening level exam for the Indian Forest Service. Only the Mains exam and Interview will be separate for both the services, hence a separate admit card and call letter will be issued for Main exam and Interview for both the services.
Q. Does The Commission Deliver The Admit Card At Our Communication Address?
A. No, the admit cards shall be uploaded on the official website of UPSC @ upsc.gov.in and have to downloaded from there.
Q. There Is An Error In My UPSC Admit Card. What Shall I Do?
A.If there is any sort of discrepancy/error in the admit card, it needs to be reported to the commission immediately without any delay. Candidates can contact the UPSC help desk for exact guidance and contact information.