UPSC IES & ESE Application Form 2023 & Registration : UPSC IES 2023 Apply Online process will start on the official website @ www.upsconline.nic.in. from 14th September 2022 and candidates can submit the IES application form up to 4th October 2022 till 6.00 PM. Union Public Service Commission invites online application forms for Engineering Services Examination from the eligible candidates with the release of IES/ESE 2023 notification on 14th September 2022.
While filling in UPSC ESE 2023 online application, candidates are required to enter details of any of the following photo IDs.
- Voter Card
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Any other photo ID issued by the Central / State Government.
Photo ID used in online application must be carried by candidates while coming for examination/personality test. UPSC IES Prelim exam is held on 19th February 2023 and the Main Examination 2023 will be conducted on June 2023. Further dates related to UPSC ESE 2023 will be notified in due course.
Further details related to UPSC ESE 2023 online application such as eligibility, how to apply, documents required for apply online, application fee, etc. have been provided below.
UPSC ESE Apply Online Important Dates
|UPSC IES Particulars||Important Dates|
|Notification||14 Sep 2022|
|Application start date||14 Sep 2022|
|Application last date||4 Oct 2022|
|Admit card for Prelims||Feb 2023|
|Prelims||19 Feb 2023|
|Prelim Result||May 2023|
|Main Admit Card||June 2023|
|Main Result||Aug 2023|
|Detailed Application Form||Aug 2023|
|Final Result||Dec 2023|
UPSC IES Eligibility 2023
Candidates interested in various posts of Engineering Services must check eligibility conditions before applying for that particular post.
A candidate must be a,
- Citizen of India (or)
- A Subject of Nepal / Bhutan (or)
- A Tibetan refugee who is permanently living and settled in India since 01 Jan 1962 (or)
- A PIO who has migrated to India to permanently settle in India from any of the following countries
- Sri Lanka
- East African countries of Kenya
- the United Republic of Tanzania
Except for citizens of India, rest candidates will have to produce a certificate of eligibility during the Personality Test. Such candidates must have obtained a certificate of eligibility from the Government of India.
As of 01 Jan 2023, candidates must have acquired the age of 21 years but not have attained the age of 30 years (or) candidates must have been born between 02 Jan 1992 and 01 Jan 2001.
Relaxation In Upper Age Limit
Candidates belonging to certain categories will get age relaxation in the upper age limits mentioned below.
|Category||Relaxation in upper age limit (maximum)|
|SC / ST||5 years|
|Such candidates who lived in J&K between 01 Jan 1980 and 31 Dec 1989||05 years|
|Disabled defence services personnel||03 years|
|Ex-servicemen with ECOs / SSCOs and Commissioned Officers, who have completed minimum 5 years of service as on 01 Jan 2020||05 years|
Minimum Educational Qualification
- Degree in Engineering (or)
- Passed Sections A and B examinations of Institution of Engineers (India) (or)
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination (London) held after Nov 1959 (or)
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination (India) (or)
- A degree / diploma in Engineering from any foreign Institution / College / University.
Candidates applying for UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2023 must be physically fit as per the guidelines/rules published for UPSC ESE 2023 in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 14 Sep 2022.
UPSC ESE Application Form 2023
UPSC ESE 2023 Application form will be available on the website www.upsconline.nic.in between 14 Sep 2022 and 4th Oct 2022. Interested candidates must submit an online application form by paying the required fee if not exempted within the due date. Before applying online, they must have a few documents/ details such as any valid photo ID, email ID, mobile number, scanned files of photo & signature, etc. UPSC ESE 2023 online application consists of
- Part I Registration
- Part-II Registration
In Part I registration, candidates will have to enter and submit their basic details whereas in Part II registration they will have to complete payment, submit details of examination center, upload scanned files of photo, signature, etc.
How To Apply Online For UPSC IES 2023?
Part I Registration
- Open the official website of UPSC or click here https://upsconline.nic.in/
- Find and click on the ‘Online Application for Various Examination of UPSC’ link
- A new window will be displayed having separate links to access ‘Part I Registration’ & ‘Part II Registration’ forms of UPSC ESE 2023
- Click on the link available under ‘Part I Registration’ of UPSC ESE 2023
- Read important instructions before filling in the online application
- Then click on the ‘Yes’ tab
- Enter name
- Select gender, date of birth
- Enter the father’s name, mother’s name
- Select nationality, marital status, community, etc.
- Select your educational qualification
- Enter your complete address with the PIN code
- Enter mobile no.
- Enter and confirm email ID
- Click on the tab ‘Continue’
- Select appropriate details then click on the ‘Continue’ tab
- Select any photo ID
- Enter and confirm the ID card number
- Select branch then center for Engineering Services (Main / Stage II)
- Click on the ‘Continue’ tab
- Verify your application details
- Update details by clicking on the ‘Update’ tab otherwise enter the security code then click on the ‘I Agree’ tab
- Your part I registration is completed now
- Print slip then proceed further to complete Part II registration of UPSC ESE 2023
- Click on the tab/link ‘Click here for Part II Registration’
- Enter ‘Registration ID’, ‘Date of Birth’ and ‘Security Code’
- Click on the ‘Submit’ tab
- The payment page will be displayed
- Select any of the provided options then make payment
- After making payment, select examination center then upload scanned files of photo, signature & ID card
- Read and accept the declaration
- Submit Part II registration form by clicking on the ‘I have read Declaration & Agree’ tab
- Print final submitted form to use in future
Before applying online candidates must have the following documents,
- Educational / academic certificates/documents – Matriculation and Graduation for entering details
- Complete correspondence address
- Valid email ID
- Active mobile number
- Scanned files of photo and signature in JPG format with a file size between 20 kb and 300 kb
- The scanned file of any photo ID
- Details of internet banking, if paying the fee online
- Any other essential document
UPSC ESE Application Fee
Candidates other than Female / SC / ST / PH will have to pay an amount of Rs. 200/- towards the application fee. Female / SC / ST / PH candidates are exempted from payment of the application fee.
|Female / SC / ST / PH||Nil|
Mode Of Payment
UPSC ESE Application Fee can be paid in any of the following modes
- Online by using net banking facility/ credit/ debit card
- Offline by submitting fee along with system generated Pay-in slip at the counter of any SBI branch
UPSC IES Helpline Numbers
Candidates seeking any information/guidance/clarification related to their application, candidature, etc. can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter. It is located near Gate ‘C’ of UPSC’s campus. Candidates can also use any of the following telephone nos. on any working day between 10.00 hrs. and 17.00 hrs.
- 011 – 23381125
- 011 – 23385271
- 011 – 23098543
UPSC ESE 2023 Withdrawal Of Applications
Candidates who do not wish to appear for UPSC ESE 2023 can avail of the facility of withdrawal of Application. Submitted applications can be withdrawn in April 2023.
How To Withdraw UPSC ESE 2023 Application?
- Open UPSC website or click here https://upsconline.nic.in/
- Click on the ‘Online request for withdrawal of application for various examinations of UPSC’ link
- Enter and submit the asked details
UPSC IES 2023 Apply Online FAQ’s
Q.What Is The Last Date For Submission Of Applications?
A. 4 October 2022.
Q. What Is The Application Fee?
A. Female / SC / ST / PH candidates are exempted from payment of fee whereas the rest candidates are required to pay an amount of Rs. 200/- towards the application fee.
Q. Which Is The Official Link / Website To Apply Online For UPSC ESE 2023?
Q. What Is The Age Limit For General Candidates?
A. As on 01 Jan 2023, candidates belonging to the general category must have attained the age of 21 years but not have acquired the age of 30 years. In other words, they must have been born between 02 Jan 1992 and 01 Jan 2001.
Q. Can I Withdraw My Submitted Application?
A. Yes, you can withdraw your application between 29 Oct 2023 and 05 Nov 2023 (tentative).
Q. Can I Pay the Application Fee Through A Demand Draft?
A. No, the fee can be paid either online by using the facility of internet banking or offline through SBI Challan/system generated pay-in-slip.