UPSC IES & ESE Application Form 2020 & Registration : UPSC IES Apply Online process has been started on the official website @ www.upsconline.nic.in. Union Public Service Commission has invited online application forms from eligible candidates for Engineering Services Examination, 2020. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online up to 15 Oct 2019 till 6.00 PM. While filling in UPSC ESE 2020 online application, candidates are required to enter details of any of the following photo IDs
- Voter Card
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Any other photo ID issued by Central / State Government
Photo ID used in online application must be carried by candidates while coming for examination / personality test. Further details related to UPSC ESE 2020 online application such as how to apply, documents required for applying online, application fee etc. have been provided below.
On 25 Sept 2019, UPSC has released IES/ESE 2020 notification against examination notice no. 01 / 2020 – ENGG. Portal for submission of applications will remain open up to 15 Oct 2019 whereas date of commencement of examination (prelims) is 05 Jan 2020 (Sunday). UPSC Engineering Services (Main) Examination, 2020 will be conducted on Sunday, 28 June 2020. Further dates related to UPSC ESE 2020 will be notified in due course.
Candidates interested in various posts of Engineering Services must check eligibility conditions before applying for that particular post.
UPSC ESE Apply Online Important Dates
|Date of notification||September 25, 2019|
|Start date for receipt of applications||September 25, 2019|
|Last date for receipt of applications||October 15, 2019|
|Admit card for Prelims||-|
|Prelims||Sunday, 05 Jan 2020|
|Result of Prelims||-|
|Admit card for Mains||-|
|Mains||Sunday, 28 June 2020|
|Result of Mains||-|
|Detailed application form||-|
UPSC IES Eligibility 2020
A candidate must be a
- Citizen of India OR
- A Subject of Nepal / Bhutan OR
- A Tibetan refugee who is permanently living and settled in India since 01 Jan 1962 OR
- A PIO who has migrated to India for permanently settling in India from any of the following countries
- Sri Lanka
- East African countries of Kenya
- the United Republic of Tanzania
Except citizens of India, rest candidates will have to produce a certificate of eligibility during Personality Test. Such candidates must have obtained a certificate of eligibility from the Government of India.
As on 01 Jan 2020, candidates must have acquired an age of 21 years but not have attained an age of 30 years OR candidates must have been born between 02 Jan 1990 and 01 Jan 1999.
Relaxation In Upper Age Limit
Candidates belonging to certain categories will get age relaxation in upper age limit s mentioned below.
|Category||Relaxation in upper age limit (maximum)|
|SC / ST||5 years|
|Such candidates who lived in J&K between 01 Jan 1980 and 31 Dec 1989||05 years|
|Disabled defence services personnel||03 years|
|Ex-servicemen with ECOs / SSCOs and Commissioned Officers, who have completed minimum 5 years of service as on 01 Jan 2020||05 years|
Minimum Educational Qualification
- Degree in Engineering OR
- Passed Sections A and B examinations of Institution of Engineers (India) OR
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination (London) held after Nov, 1959 OR
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination (India) OR
- A degree / diploma in Engineering from any foreign Institution / College / University
Candidates applying for UPSC Engineering Services Examination, 2020 must be physically fit as per the guidelines / rules published for UPSC ESE 2020 in Gazette of India Extraordinary of date 26 Sept 2019.
Further updates related to UPSC ESE 2020 eligibility should be obtained from UPSC ESE 2020 notification.
UPSC ESE Application Form 2020
UPSC ESE 2020 Application forms are available on the website www.upsconline.nic.in between 25 Sept 2019 and 15 Oct 2019. Interested candidates must submit online application form by paying the required fee if not exempted within due date. Before applying online, they must have few documents/ details such as any valid photo ID, email ID, mobile number, scanned files of photo & signature etc. UPSC ESE 2020 online application consists of
- Part I Registration
- Part II Registration
In Part I registration, candidates will have to enter and submit their basic details whereas in Part II registration they will have to complete payment, submit details of examination centre, upload scanned files of photo, signature etc.
How To Apply Online For UPSC IES 2020?
Part I Registration
- Open official website of UPSC or click here https://upsconline.nic.in/
- Find and click on ‘Online Application for Various Examination of UPSC’ link
- A new window will be displayed having separate links to access ‘Part I Registration’ & ‘Part II Registration’ forms of UPSC ESE 2020
- Click on link available under ‘Part I Registration’ of UPSC ESE 2020
- Read important instructions before filling in online application
- Then click on ‘Yes’ tab
- Enter name
- Select gender, date of birth
- Enter father’s name, mother’s name
- Select nationality, marital status, community etc.
- Select your educational qualification
- Enter your complete address with PIN code
- Enter mobile no.
- Enter and confirm email ID
- Click on tab ‘Continue’
- Select appropriate details then click on ‘Continue’ tab
- Select any photo ID
- Enter and confirm ID card number
- Select branch then centre for Engineering Services (Main / Stage II)
- Click on ‘Continue’ tab
- Verify your application details
- Update details by clicking on ‘Update’ tab otherwise enter security code then click on ‘I Agree’ tab
- Your part I registration is completed now
- Print slip then proceed further to complete Part II registration of UPSC ESE 2020
Part II Registration
- Click on tab / link ‘Click here for Part II Registration’
- Enter ‘Registration ID’, ‘Date of Birth’ and ‘Security Code’
- Click on ‘Submit’ tab
- Payment page will be displayed
- Select any of the provided options then make payment
- After making payment, select examination centre then upload scanned files of photo, signature & ID card
- Read and accept declaration
- Submit Part II registration form by clicking on ‘I have read Declaration & Agree’ tab
- Print final submitted form to use in future
Before applying online candidates must have the following documents
- Educational / academic certificates / documents – Matriculation and Graduation for entering details
- Complete correspondence address
- Valid email ID
- Active mobile number
- Scanned files of photo and signature in JPG format with file size between 20 kb and 300 kb
- Scanned file of any photo ID
- Details of internet banking, if paying fee online
- Any other essential document
UPSC ESE Application Fee
Candidates other than Female / SC / ST / PH will have to pay an amount of Rs. 200/- towards application fee. Female / SC / ST / PH candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
|Female / SC / ST / PH||Nil|
Mode Of Payment
UPSC ESE Application Fee can be paid in any of the following modes
- Online by using net banking facility/ credit/ debit card
- Offline by submitting fee along with system generated Pay-in slip at the counter of any SBI branch
UPSC IES Helpline Numbers
Candidates seeking any information / guidance / clarification related to their application, candidature etc. can contact to UPSC’s Facilitation Counter. It is located near Gate ‘C’ of UPSC’s campus. Candidates can also use any of the following telephone nos. on any working day between 10.00 hrs. and 17.00 hrs.
- 011 – 23381125
- 011 – 23385271
- 011 – 23098543
UPSC ESE 2020 Withdrawal Of Applications
Candidates who do not wish to appear for UPSC ESE 2020 can avail the facility of withdrawal of Application. Submitted applications can be withdrawn between 29 Oct 2019 and 05 Nov 2019.
How To Withdraw UPSC ESE 2020 Application?
- Open UPSC website or click here https://upsconline.nic.in/
- Click on ‘Online request for withdrawal of application for various examinations of UPSC’ link
- Enter and submit the asked details
UPSC IES 2020 Apply Online FAQ’s
Q.What Is The Last Date For Submission Of Applications?
A. 15 Oct 2019.
Q. What Is The Application Fee?
A. Female / SC / ST / PH candidates are exempted from payment of fee whereas rest candidates are required to pay an amount of Rs. 200/- towards application fee.
Q. Which Is The Official Link / Website To Apply Online For UPSC ESE 2020?
Q. What Is The Age Limit For General Candidates?
A. As on 01 Jan 2020, candidates belonging to general category must have attained an age of 21 years but not have acquired an age of 30 years. In other words, they must have been born between 02 Jan 1990 and 01 Jan 1999.
Q. Can I Withdraw My Submitted Application?
A. Yes, you can withdraw your application between 29 Oct 2019 and 05 Nov 2019 (tentative).
Q. Can I Pay Application Fee Through A Demand Draft?
A. No, fee can be paid either online by using facility of internet banking or offline through SBI Challan / system generated pay-in slip.