UPSC IES & ESE Application Form 2021 & Registration : UPSC IES 2021 Apply Online process will start on the official website @ www.upsconline.nic.in. from 25 Sep 2020 and candidates can submit the IES application form up to 15 Oct 2020 till 6.00 PM. Union Public Service Commission invites online application forms for Engineering Services Examination from the eligible candidates with the release of IES/ESE 2021 notification on 25 Sept 2020.
While filling in UPSC ESE 2021 online application, candidates are required to enter details of any of the following photo IDs.
- Voter Card
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Any other photo ID issued by the Central / State Government.
Photo ID used in online application must be carried by candidates while coming for examination/personality test. UPSC IES Prelim exam is held on 5th Jan 2021 and the Main Examination 2021 will be conducted on 28 June 2021. Further dates related to UPSC ESE 2021 will be notified in due course.
Further details related to UPSC ESE 2021 online application such as eligibility, how to apply, documents required for apply online, application fee, etc. have been provided below.
UPSC ESE Apply Online Important Dates
|UPSC IES Particulars||Important Dates|
|Notification||25 September 2020|
|Application start date||25 September 2020|
|Application last date||15 October 2020|
|Admit card for Prelims||3rd week of Dec 2020|
|Prelims||05 Jan 2021|
|Prelim Result||Feb 2021|
|Main Admit Card||2nd week of June 2021|
|Mains||28 June 2021|
|Main Result||Aug 2021|
|Detailed Application Form||Aug 2021|
|Final Result||Oct/Nov 2021|
UPSC IES Eligibility 2021
Candidates interested in various posts of Engineering Services must check eligibility conditions before applying for that particular post.
A candidate must be a,
- Citizen of India (or)
- A Subject of Nepal / Bhutan (or)
- A Tibetan refugee who is permanently living and settled in India since 01 Jan 1962 (or)
- A PIO who has migrated to India for permanently settling in India from any of the following countries
- Sri Lanka
- East African countries of Kenya
- the United Republic of Tanzania
Except for citizens of India, rest candidates will have to produce a certificate of eligibility during the Personality Test. Such candidates must have obtained a certificate of eligibility from the Government of India.
As on 01 Jan 2021, candidates must have acquired the age of 21 years but not have attained the age of 30 years (or) candidates must have been born between 02 Jan 1991 and 01 Jan 2000.
Relaxation In Upper Age Limit
Candidates belonging to certain categories will get age relaxation in upper age limit s mentioned below.
|Category||Relaxation in upper age limit (maximum)|
|SC / ST||5 years|
|Such candidates who lived in J&K between 01 Jan 1980 and 31 Dec 1989||05 years|
|Disabled defence services personnel||03 years|
|Ex-servicemen with ECOs / SSCOs and Commissioned Officers, who have completed minimum 5 years of service as on 01 Jan 2020||05 years|
Minimum Educational Qualification
- Degree in Engineering (or)
- Passed Sections A and B examinations of Institution of Engineers (India) (or)
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination (London) held after Nov 1959 (or)
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination (India) (or)
- A degree / diploma in Engineering from any foreign Institution / College / University.
Candidates applying for UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2021 must be physically fit as per the guidelines/rules published for UPSC ESE 2021 in Gazette of India Extraordinary of date 26 Sept 2020.
UPSC ESE Application Form 2021
UPSC ESE 2021 Application form will be available on the website www.upsconline.nic.in between 25 Sept 2020 and 15 Oct 2020. Interested candidates must submit an online application form by paying the required fee if not exempted within the due date. Before applying online, they must have few documents/ details such as any valid photo ID, email ID, mobile number, scanned files of photo & signature, etc. UPSC ESE 2021 online application consists of
- Part I Registration
- Part-II Registration
In Part I registration, candidates will have to enter and submit their basic details whereas in Part II registration they will have to complete payment, submit details of examination center, upload scanned files of photo, signature, etc.
How To Apply Online For UPSC IES 2021?
Part I Registration
- Open the official website of UPSC or click here https://upsconline.nic.in/
- Find and click on ‘Online Application for Various Examination of UPSC’ link
- A new window will be displayed having separate links to access ‘Part I Registration’ & ‘Part II Registration’ forms of UPSC ESE 2021
- Click on the link available under ‘Part I Registration’ of UPSC ESE 2021
- Read important instructions before filling in the online application
- Then click on ‘Yes’ tab
- Enter name
- Select gender, date of birth
- Enter the father’s name, mother’s name
- Select nationality, marital status, community, etc.
- Select your educational qualification
- Enter your complete address with PIN code
- Enter mobile no.
- Enter and confirm email ID
- Click on the tab ‘Continue’
- Select appropriate details then click on ‘Continue’ tab
- Select any photo ID
- Enter and confirm the ID card number
- Select branch then center for Engineering Services (Main / Stage II)
- Click on ‘Continue’ tab
- Verify your application details
- Update details by clicking on ‘Update’ tab otherwise enter security code then click on ‘I Agree’ tab
- Your part I registration is completed now
- Print slip then proceed further to complete Part II registration of UPSC ESE 2021
- Click on tab/link ‘Click here for Part II Registration’
- Enter ‘Registration ID’, ‘Date of Birth’ and ‘Security Code’
- Click on the ‘Submit’ tab
- The payment page will be displayed
- Select any of the provided options then make payment
- After making payment, select examination center then upload scanned files of photo, signature & ID card
- Read and accept the declaration
- Submit Part II registration form by clicking on ‘I have read Declaration & Agree’ tab
- Print final submitted form to use in future
Before applying online candidates must have the following documents,
- Educational / academic certificates/documents – Matriculation and Graduation for entering details
- Complete correspondence address
- Valid email ID
- Active mobile number
- Scanned files of photo and signature in JPG format with a file size between 20 kb and 300 kb
- The scanned file of any photo ID
- Details of internet banking, if paying the fee online
- Any other essential document
UPSC ESE Application Fee
Candidates other than Female / SC / ST / PH will have to pay an amount of Rs. 200/- towards application fee. Female / SC / ST / PH candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
|Female / SC / ST / PH||Nil|
Mode Of Payment
UPSC ESE Application Fee can be paid in any of the following modes
- Online by using net banking facility/ credit/ debit card
- Offline by submitting fee along with system generated Pay-in slip at the counter of any SBI branch
UPSC IES Helpline Numbers
Candidates seeking any information/guidance/clarification related to their application, candidature, etc. can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter. It is located near Gate ‘C’ of UPSC’s campus. Candidates can also use any of the following telephone nos. on any working day between 10.00 hrs. and 17.00 hrs.
- 011 – 23381125
- 011 – 23385271
- 011 – 23098543
UPSC ESE 2021 Withdrawal Of Applications
Candidates who do not wish to appear for UPSC ESE 2021 can avail of the facility of withdrawal of Application. Submitted applications can be withdrawn between 29 Oct 2020 and 05 Nov 2020.
How To Withdraw UPSC ESE 2021 Application?
- Open UPSC website or click here https://upsconline.nic.in/
- Click on ‘Online request for withdrawal of application for various examinations of UPSC’ link
- Enter and submit the asked details
UPSC IES 2021 Apply Online FAQ’s
Q.What Is The Last Date For Submission Of Applications?
A. 15 Oct 2020.
Q. What Is The Application Fee?
A. Female / SC / ST / PH candidates are exempted from payment of fee whereas rest candidates are required to pay an amount of Rs. 200/- towards application fee.
Q. Which Is The Official Link / Website To Apply Online For UPSC ESE 2021?
Q. What Is The Age Limit For General Candidates?
A. As on 01 Jan 2021, candidates belonging to the general category must have attained the age of 21 years but not have acquired the age of 30 years. In other words, they must have been born between 02 Jan 1991 and 01 Jan 2000.
Q. Can I Withdraw My Submitted Application?
A. Yes, you can withdraw your application between 29 Oct 2020 and 05 Nov 2020 (tentative).
Q. Can I Pay Application Fee Through A Demand Draft?
A. No, the fee can be paid either online by using the facility of internet banking or offline through SBI Challan/system generated pay-in-slip.