UPSC NDA & NA 2019 apply online and application form submission process has started from 9th January 2019. As per the Calendar of Examinations published by the Union Public Service Commission, the National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (I) application form has been published by the Union Public Service Commission. Accordingly, the official notification for the NDA & NA Examination (I) for 2019 has been released by the Union Public Service Commission on the 09th of January 2019. Candidates need to check eligibility criteria to appear in this examination which is conducted for the shortlisting of candidates to serve for the NDA and NA.
NDA 2019 Important Dates
Here are the dates for the year 2019 for NDA & NA Examination (I & II)
|Description||NDA & NA I Dates||NDA & NA II Dates|
|Release of Notification||09th of January 2019||07th of August 2019|
|Availability of Application Form on UPSC Website||09th of January 2019||07th of August 2019|
|Last Date for Submission of Application||04th February 2019||03rd September 2019|
|Availability of Admit Cards||Three Weeks before the date of the test||One/Two weeks before the test date|
|Date of Test||21st April 2019||17th November 2019|
|Publication of Results||May 2019||November 2019|
For the regular updates on the actual date of release of application, admit card and actual result date, candidates can regularly check this page or official website of the Union Public Service Commission.
NDA Eligibility 2019
Candidate can be
- Indian Citizen (or)
- Subjects of Nepal, Bhutan and Tibetan refugees, who came to India before the 1st of January 1962 for permanent settlement, are also permitted to apply. (or)
- Individuals of Indian origin who have migrated from countries like Vietnam, Ethiopia, Zaire, Malawi, Zambia, United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Burma or Pakistan for permanent settlement in India, can apply.
However, for candidates other than direct Indian citizens have to submit the certificate of eligibility from the Government of India, if they are selected. However, no such certificate is essential for candidates from Gorkha region of Nepal.
Age Limit, Sex and Marital Status
Only male candidates, who are not married and born not earlier than 02nd July 2000 and not later than 1st July 2003, are eligible. Candidates should undertake not to get married till the completion of the course. For complete details about the age limit and marital status, candidates can visit the official notification page once it is out.
For the Army Wing of NDA: Candidates must have completed their higher secondary in 10+2 format of education. Otherwise, they should have completed an equivalent examination conducted by a University or a State Board of education.
For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at INA – Higher Secondary in 10+2 format or equivalent with physics and mathematics as subjects.
Candidates appearing for the class XII examination in March 2019 are also eligible to apply.
For recruitment to these positions, candidates will have to meet the physical standards for admission. Candidates should be physically fit as per the prescribed standards. They can get detailed guidance in this respect from the official notification.
Candidates, who have withdrawn or resigned from the Training Academies of Armed Forces on disciplinary grounds, are not eligible to apply.
NDA Application Form 2019
The application form for the UPSC NDA and NA 2019 is available online and applicants will have to apply only through the website of the UPSC at www.upsconline.nic.in and not through any other mode. All the applicants should have a valid and active E-Mail ID when they fill up the online application. The commission might contact the candidates through this Email. So, candidates should keep the ID active until the admission is completely over.
NDA 2019 – How To Apply Online?
Candidates will find detailed instruction for filling up online application along with the notification issued by the Union Public Service Commission. Here are some details on how to apply:
- Open UPSC website and click on Apply Online option then click on Online Application for Various Exams
- Again click on Online Application for Various Exams of UPSC
- Find National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (I) Registration page
- The registration form for UPSC NDA and NA 2019 will have two parts
- Click on Part I of Registration Process
- On the first part of the form, candidates will provide their personal details, education details, Address and click on continue
- Registration ID will be generated, now click on Part II
- On the second part, enter Registration ID, DOB and random code
- Click on submit button, candidates will have to select their exam centre, they should pay the application fee and they should also upload the scanned photograph and signature
- The images of signature and photograph should be in JPG Format. The size of the photo should be between 3 and 40 KB, while that of the signature should be between 1 and 40 KB
- Candidates should remember that once submitted they cannot make any corrections to the application form. So, they should carefully fill up the details
- They need not have to send the printed copy of the application. But, they can preserve it for the future reference.
NDA 2019 Application Fee
The application fee to be paid by the candidates from general category is Rs.100. Candidates from the reserved category are exempted from this fee. This fee can be paid by the general category candidates by depositing the money in any branch of State Bank of India by cash. They can also use net banking facility of SBI/State Bank of Travancore/Patiala/Mysore/Hyderabad/Jaipur & Bikaner or pay using Debit/Credit/Visa/Master or Rupay Card.
Candidates paying by cash will have to print the system-generated Pay-in-slip during the part II of the registration process. They will have to deposit the fee in the counter of any branch of the banks mentioned above on the following working day only. Candidates opting for this option of payment should remember that the option will close on the 03rd February 2019 at 11.59 pm. However, if they have generated the pay-in-slip, they can submit it on the 04th of February 2019 during the bank working hours. In case, they cannot handover the pay-in-slip on the last date (i.e) 4th February 2019, they have no other option other than to pay the application fee via any of the online mode.
When applying online for UPSC NDA and NA 2019, candidates should have their photograph and signature scanned as per the specifications given in the notification. They should also have their credit/debit card details if they are planning to pay the fee for the application via online mode. Candidates should have other documents pertaining to their educational qualification to fill up the application.
- Scanned copy of Photograph
- Scanned copy of Signature
- Debit/ Credit/ net banking details
- Educational qualification details