UPSC NDA Apply Online 2021 process commences at https://upsconline.nic.in/ from 30 December 2020 for NDA (I) and from 9 June 2021 for NDA (II). UPSC National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination will be held twice a year.
- NDA & NA Examination (I) Notification 2021 has been released by the Union Public Service Commission on 30 December 2020 and the application form is available from 30 Dec 2020 to 19 January 2021.
- NDA & NA(II) Notification 2021 will be released on 9th June 2021 and UPSC NDA & NA application form (II) 2021 will be released online and the registration process will start from 9th June 2021 and the last date of registration is 29th June 2021.
Candidates need to check eligibility criteria to appear in the examination which is conducted for the shortlisting of candidates to serve in the NDA and NA wings of the country.
NDA 2021 Important Dates
Here are the dates for the year 2021 for NDA & NA Examination (I & II)
|Description||NDA & NA I Dates||NDA & NA II Dates|
|Release of Notification||30 Dec 2020||9th June 2021|
|Application Form start||30 Dec 2020||9th June 2021|
|Application Form last date||19th January 2021||29th July 2021|
|Availability of Admit Card||Three Weeks before the date of the test||One/Two weeks before the test date|
|Date of Test||18 April 2021||5th September 2021|
|Publication of Result||June 2021||November 2021|
For regular updates on the actual date of release of the application, admit card, and actual result date, candidates can regularly check this page or the official website of the Union Public Service Commission.
NDA Eligibility 2021
Candidate can be,
- Indian Citizen (or)
- Subjects of Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibetan refugees, who came to India before the 1st of January 1962 for permanent settlement, are also permitted to apply. (or)
- Individuals of Indian origin who have migrated from countries like Vietnam, Ethiopia, Zaire, Malawi, Zambia, United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Burma, or Pakistan for permanent settlement in India, can apply.
However, categories (2 & 3) mentioned above have to submit the certificate of eligibility from the Government of India, if they are selected. However, no such certificate is essential for candidates from the Gorkha region of Nepal.
Age Limit, Sex, and Marital Status
NDA I: Only male candidates, who are not married and born not earlier than 02nd July 2002 and not later than 1st July 2005, are eligible.
NDA II: Only male candidates, who are not married and born not earlier than 02nd January 2003 and not later than 1st January 2006, are eligible.
Candidates should undertake not get married until the completion of the course. For complete details about the age limit and marital status, candidates can visit the official notification page once it is out.
For the Army Wing of NDA: Candidates must have completed their higher secondary in 10+2 format of education. Otherwise, they should have completed an equivalent examination conducted by a University or a State Board of education.
For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at INA – Higher Secondary in 10+2 format or equivalent with physics and mathematics as subjects.
Candidates appearing for the class XII examination in March 2021 are also eligible to apply.
For recruitment to these positions, candidates will have to meet the physical standards for admission. Candidates should be physically fit as per the prescribed standards. They can get detailed guidance in this respect from the official notification.
Candidates, who have withdrawn or resigned from the Training Academies of Armed Forces on disciplinary grounds, are not eligible to apply.
NDA Application Form 2021
UPSC NDA and NA 2021 application form will be available online and applicants will have to apply only through the website of the UPSC at www.upsconline.nic.in and not through any other mode. All the applicants should have a valid and active E-Mail ID when they fill up the online application for communication purposes. So, candidates should keep the ID active until the admission is completely over.
- UPSC NDA & NA (I) application form 2021 is available from 30 Dec 2020 to 19 January 2021.
- UPSC NDA & NA application form (II) 2021 will be released online and the registration process will start from 9th June 2021 and the last date of registration is 29th June 2021.
NDA 2021 – How To Apply Online?
Candidates will find detailed instructions for filling up NDA & NA online application along with the notification issued by the Union Public Service Commission. Here are some details on how to apply:
- Open the UPSC website and click on Apply Online option then click on Online Application for Various Exams
- Again click on Online Application for Various Exams of UPSC
- Find National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (II) Registration page
- The registration form for UPSC NDA and NA 2021 will have two parts
- Click on Part I of the Registration Process
- On the first part of the form, candidates will provide their personal details, education details, Address and click on continue
- Registration ID will be generated, now click on Part II
- On the second part, enter a Registration ID, DOB, and random code
- Click on submit button, candidates will have to select their exam center, they should pay the application fee and they should also upload the scanned photograph and signature
- The images of the signature and photograph should be in JPG Format. The size of the photo should be between 3 and 40 KB, while that of the signature should be between 1 and 40 KB
- Candidates should remember that once submitted they cannot make any corrections to the application form. So, they should carefully fill up the details
- They need not have to send a printed copy of the application. But, they should keep it for future reference.
NDA 2021 Application Fee
- The UPSC NDA application fee to be paid by the candidates from the General category is Rs.100.
- Candidates from the reserved category are exempted from payment of a fee.
UPSC NDA application fee can be paid by the general category candidates by depositing the money in any branch of the State Bank of India by cash. They can also use the net banking facility of SBI or pay using Debit/Credit/Visa/Master or Rupay Card.
Candidates paying by cash will have to print the system-generated Pay-in-slip during Part II of the registration process. They will have to deposit the fee on the counter of any branch of the banks mentioned above on the following working day only. Candidates opting for this option of payment should remember that the option will close on the date notified by UPSC.
However, if they have generated the pay-in-slip, they can submit it until the date specified by UPSC during the bank working hours. In case, they cannot handover the pay-in-slip on the last date, they have no other option other than to pay the application fee via any of the online modes.
When applying online for UPSC NDA and NA 2021, candidates should have their photograph and signature scanned as per the specifications given in the notification. They should also have their credit/debit card details if they are planning to pay the fee for the application via online mode. Candidates should have other documents pertaining to their educational qualifications to fill up the application.
- Scanned copy of Photograph
- Scanned copy of Signature
- Debit/ Credit/ Net banking details
- Educational qualification details