UPSC NDA Apply Online 2020 process commences at https://upsconline.nic.in/ from January for NDA (I) and from June for NDA (II). UPSC NDA & NA application form (II) 2020 will be released online and the registration process will start from 16th June 2020 and the last date of registration is 6th July 2020. UPSC National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination will be held twice a year.
NDA & NA Examination (I) Notification 2020 has been released by the Union Public Service Commission on the 08th January 2020 and NDA & NA(II) Notification 2020 has been released on 16th June 2020. Candidates need to check eligibility criteria to appear in the examination which is conducted for the shortlisting of candidates to serve in the NDA and NA wings of the country.
NDA 2020 Important Dates
Here are the dates for the year 2020 for NDA & NA Examination (I & II)
|Description||NDA & NA I Dates||NDA & NA II Dates|
|Release of Notification||08th January 2020||16th June 2020|
|Availability of Application Form on UPSC Website||09th January 2020||16th June 2020|
|Last Date for Submission of Application||28th January 2020||6th July 2020|
|Availability of Admit Cards||Three Weeks before the date of the test||One/Two weeks before the test date|
|Date of Test||May 2020||6th September 2020|
|Publication of Results||June/ July 2020||November 2020|
For the regular updates on the actual date of release of the application, admit card, and actual result date, candidates can regularly check this page or the official website of the Union Public Service Commission.
NDA Eligibility 2020
Candidate can be,
- Indian Citizen (or)
- Subjects of Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibetan refugees, who came to India before the 1st of January 1962 for permanent settlement, are also permitted to apply. (or)
- Individuals of Indian origin who have migrated from countries like Vietnam, Ethiopia, Zaire, Malawi, Zambia, United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Burma or Pakistan for permanent settlement in India, can apply.
However, for categories (2 & 3) mentioned above have to submit the certificate of eligibility from the Government of India, if they are selected. However, no such certificate is essential for candidates from the Gorkha region of Nepal.
Age Limit, Sex, and Marital Status
Only male candidates, who are not married and born not earlier than 02nd July 2000 and not later than 1st July 2003, are eligible. Candidates should undertake not to get married until the completion of the course. For complete details about the age limit and marital status, candidates can visit the official notification page once it is out.
For the Army Wing of NDA: Candidates must have completed their higher secondary in 10+2 format of education. Otherwise, they should have completed an equivalent examination conducted by a University or a State Board of education.
For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at INA – Higher Secondary in 10+2 format or equivalent with physics and mathematics as subjects.
Candidates appearing for the class XII examination in March 2020 are also eligible to apply.
For recruitment to these positions, candidates will have to meet the physical standards for admission. Candidates should be physically fit as per the prescribed standards. They can get detailed guidance in this respect from the official notification.
Candidates, who have withdrawn or resigned from the Training Academies of Armed Forces on disciplinary grounds, are not eligible to apply.
NDA Application Form 2020
UPSC NDA and NA 2020 application form will be available online and applicants will have to apply only through the website of the UPSC at www.upsconline.nic.in and not through any other mode. All the applicants should have a valid and active E-Mail ID when they fill up the online application for communication purposes. So, candidates should keep the ID active until the admission is completely over.
NDA 2020 – How To Apply Online?
Candidates will find detailed instructions for filling up NDA & NA online application along with the notification issued by the Union Public Service Commission. Here are some details on how to apply:
- Open UPSC website and click on Apply Online option then click on Online Application for Various Exams
- Again click on Online Application for Various Exams of UPSC
- Find National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (II) Registration page
- The registration form for UPSC NDA and NA 2020 will have two parts
- Click on Part I of Registration Process
- On the first part of the form, candidates will provide their personal details, education details, Address and click on continue
- Registration ID will be generated, now click on Part II
- On the second part, enter a Registration ID, DOB, and random code
- Click on submit button, candidates will have to select their exam center, they should pay the application fee and they should also upload the scanned photograph and signature
- The images of signature and photograph should be in JPG Format. The size of the photo should be between 3 and 40 KB, while that of the signature should be between 1 and 40 KB
- Candidates should remember that once submitted they cannot make any corrections to the application form. So, they should carefully fill up the details
- They need not have to send the printed copy of the application. But, they can preserve it for future reference.
NDA 2020 Application Fee
- The UPSC NDA application fee to be paid by the candidates from the General category is Rs.100.
- Candidates from the reserved category are exempted from payment of a fee.
UPSC NDA application fee can be paid by the general category candidates by depositing the money in any branch of State Bank of India by cash. They can also use the net banking facility of SBI or pay using Debit/Credit/Visa/Master or Rupay Card.
Candidates paying by cash will have to print the system-generated Pay-in-slip during Part II of the registration process. They will have to deposit the fee in the counter of any branch of the banks mentioned above on the following working day only. Candidates opting for this option of payment should remember that the option will close on the date notified by UPSC.
However, if they have generated the pay-in-slip, they can submit until the date specified by UPSC during the bank working hours. In case, they cannot handover the pay-in-slip on the last date, they have no other option other than to pay the application fee via any of the online modes.
When applying online for UPSC NDA and NA 2020, candidates should have their photograph and signature scanned as per the specifications given in the notification. They should also have their credit/debit card details if they are planning to pay the fee for the application via online mode. Candidates should have other documents pertaining to their educational qualifications to fill up the application.
- Scanned copy of Photograph
- Scanned copy of Signature
- Debit/ Credit/ Net banking details
- Educational qualification details