UPSC NDA Syllabus 2021 : UPSC NDA and NA exam pattern and the syllabus for the test for admission of candidates to the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy are decided by the Union Public Service Commission. Accordingly, UPSC NDA written test will be conducted as an MCQ test and the candidates will have to answer in the OMR Sheet.
UPSC NDA and NA 2021 (I) exam will be held on 18th April 2021 and NDA (II) exam on 14th November 2021. To help candidates practice and prepare with the previous year’s question papers, the Union Public Service Commission provides question papers on the website at www.upsc.gov.in.
UPSC NDA Important Dates
The Union Public Service Commission conducts the admission examination for National Defence Academy and Naval Academy twice a year. Now, the dates pertaining to 2021 has been released by the Union Public Service Commission. Once they submit their application for UPSC NDA and NA 2021, candidates should be aware of the exam dates and they are as follows:
|Description||Dates for UPSC NDA & NA I||Dates for UPSC NDA & NA II|
|Availability of Admit Cards||Three Weeks before the date of the test||One/Two weeks before the test date|
|Date of Test||18 April 2021||14th Nov 2021|
|Publication of Results||June 2021||Jan 2022|
|Interview for shortlisted candidates||August/September 2021||February 2022|
NDA Exam Pattern 2021
UPSC NDA and NA Exam will be conducted in 2 stages namely Written test and Interview.
|Stage||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Total Marks|
|I. Written Test||Mathematics||120||300||900|
|General Ability Test (English)||50||200|
|General Ability Test (GK)||100||400|
NDA & NA Written Test
- The maximum mark for the written test is 900, which is divided into two.
- Out of these 900 marks, 300 marks will be for mathematics and 600 will be for General Ability Test.
- The question papers will have questions given both in Hindi and English.
- Candidates should remember that there will be a negative mark for wrong answers. For every wrong answer, there will be a deduction of 0.33 % of marks assigned to the specific question.
|01||Mathematics||300||2 Hours and 30 Minutes|
|02||General Ability Test||600 (English - 200, GK – 400)||2 Hours and 30 Minutes|
- The Mathematics paper will have 120 questions, each question carries 2.5 marks and the total marks are 300. A negative marking of 0.83 will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The General ability test will have two parts, English and General Knowledge. Total questions will be 150, out of which 50 are from English and 100 from General Knowledge. Each question carries 4 marks, and a 1.33 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- GK will have the following subjects and marks are indicated against each subject.
- Physics – 100
- Current Events – 40
- Chemistry – 60
- General Science – 40
- Geography – 80
- History, Freedom Movement – 80
- If two options are chosen by a candidate, it will be considered a wrong answer, and a negative mark will be applicable. However, there will not be any deduction for questions not attempted. Candidates should answer the test using a black ball pen only and they cannot use pens with any other color ink.
- Candidates will have to write the answers in their own hands and scribes are not permitted for the UPSC NDA and NA Recruitment Test.
- For answering the objective type questions, candidates are not permitted to use calculators or any other electronic devices.
NDA Interview 2021
Candidates who clear the written test will be called for an Interview which will be conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB). It will be conducted for a duration of 4-5 days. The total marks of the interview are 900.
NDA Syllabus 2021
The chapters covered for both subjects are listed below. However, for detailed UPSC NDA and NA syllabus 2021, candidates will go through the official notification.
- Statistics & Probability
- Vector Algebra
- Differential Equations and Integral Calculus
- Differential Calculus
- Matrices and determinants
General Ability Test
Part A – English (Utmost marks – 200)
Part B – General Knowledge (Utmost marks – 400)
- Section A – Physics
- Section B- Chemistry
- Section C – General Science
- Section D – History & Freedom Movement
- Section E – Geography
- Section F – Current Affairs
NDA Exam Date 2021
On the basis of the recent announcement made by the Union Public Service Commission, the date of UPSC NDA and NA 2021 (I) will be May 2021. For the NDA and NA (II) test, the date was announced by UPSC as 14th November 2021.
Candidates will have to reach the appropriate test center on the test date as per the instructions they get from the Union Public Service Commission.
The first step in the process of selection of candidates for admission to the NDA and NA is the written test that will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
Candidates clearing this test will be called for an interview. The Services Selection Board will conduct the interview. Candidates called for interview will have to carry their original certificates to the Services Selection Board. Candidates will have to log in to any of the following websites to know their SSB Centre and Interview Date.
Candidates will have to attend the interview at the date specified in the call letter for the interview. The interview for candidates shortlisted from the written test will be conducted tentatively in August for NDA& NA I and in January 2022 for NDA & NA II.
The UPSC will prepare a list of candidates, who have obtained the least qualifying marks in the written test. This mark will be fixed by the commission. Those candidates will have to appear before the Services Selection Board for the Intelligence and Personality Test.
At this time, candidates for the Air Force will be assessed in the Computerised Pilot Selection System and Pilot Aptitude Test and for Officers Personality. In the case of candidates for the Navy Wing or Army Wing of the NDA and those for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme of the INA will be assessed on Officers Potentiality.
Also, there will be a two-stage selection procedure on the basis of the Intelligence Test and Psychological Aptitude Test. All the shortlisted candidates will be put to stage one test on the initial day of reporting at the Air Force Selection Boards/Selection Centres or Naval Selection Boards.
Only candidates clearing the first stage will be admitted to take part in the second stage. Candidates clearing the second stage will have to submit their original certificates along with a photocopy of their original 10+2 certificate or equivalent certificate and original matriculation pass or equivalent certificate to support their Date of Birth.
The final allocation or selection will be made based on the merit-cum-preference basis and medical fitness.
NDA Exam FAQs
Q. Once I Submit The Application For UPSC NDA and NA 2021 Should I Send The Printed Copy Of The Application Form To The Commission?
A. Once you have successfully completed the two parts of the application process, your name will get registered with the commission. You need not have to send the hard copy of the application form to the office of the commission. However, it is better to keep a hard copy for your own record and for future communication with the commission, if required.