UPSC SO/Steno application form 2021 release for recruitment of section officer/ steno will happen on 15th September 2021. UPSC SO/Steno apply online process will start on 15th Sep 2021 and the last date will be 5th October 2021. As per the calendar, the date of the recruitment exam will be 11th December 2021.
UPSC SO & Steno 2021 Important Dates
UPSC Section Officer/Steno Recruitment dates are given below:
|UPSC SO/Steno Notification Release||15th September 2021|
|Online Application Submission Starting Date||15th September 2021|
|Online Application Submission Closing Date||5th October 2021|
|Submission of Printed Copy of Application through proper channel||Within 15 days after the last date of applying online|
|Admit Cards Release||Three Weeks before the date of test|
|Test Date||11th December 2021|
|Release of Answer Key||Within a week after the test|
|Date of Result||First Week of January 2022 (Tentative)|
UPSC SO/Steno Eligibility 2021
The recruitment of candidates for SO/Steno is generally conducted from the candidates already serving different government departments and services in India. Here is a table to show the eligibility requirement for different grades and categories for which recruitment is done through UPSC SO/Steno Recruitment:
|Position||Experience and education Requirement||Category|
|Personal Assistants’ Grade of the Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service and Assistants’ Grade of the Central Secretariat Service||Minimum 5 years of approved service with a minimum of four annual appraisal reports in the assistants’ grade of the Central Secretariat Service or Personnel Assistants’ Grade of the Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service. In the case of PAs of CSSS shall possess a UG Degree of a recognized university or equivalent qualification.||Section Officers Grade of the Central Secretariat Service (Category I)|
|Grade II of the Cypher Sub-Cader of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch B, Grade II of the Stenographer Cadre and Grade IV of the General Cadre||At least 5 years of continuous and approved service in Grade II of the Cypher Sub-Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch B or in Grade II of the Stenographers' Cadre or Grade IV of the General Cadre or in two or all the above grades||Section Officers’ Grade (Grade II & III integrated) of the General Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch ‘B’|
|Grade C of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers' Service and Assistants' Grade of Railway Board Secretariat Service||At least 5 years of continuous and approved service in the Grade II/C of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers' Service or Assistants' Grade of the Railway Board Secretariat Service or in both||SOs’ Grade of the Railway Board Secretariat Service|
|Personal Assistant of The Central Secretariat Stenographers' Service||At least three years of continuous and approved service in Personal Assistants' Grade Of the Central Secretariat Stenographers' Service with a degree from a recognized university or equivalent||Private Secretary Grade of the Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service|
|Grade II of the Stenographers' Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service||At least 5 years of continues and approved service in Grade II of the Stenographers' Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service||Grade I of the Stenographers’ Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service|
|Grade C of the Armed Forces Headquarters Stenographers' Service||At least three years of continuous and approved service in Grade C/II of the Armed Forces Headquarters Stenographers' Service||Grade ‘A’ & ‘B’ joined together of the Armed Forces Headquarters Stenographers’ Service|
|Grade C of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers' Service||At least five years of continuous and approved service in Grade C/II of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers’ Service||Grade ‘B’ of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers’ Service|
|Assistants' Grade of Stenographers' Service Grade II of IB or IB||Regularly or permanently appointed Stenos Grade II (PAs) or Assistants of the Intelligent Bureau with at least four years of continuous and approved service in the case of officers appointed in the grades on the basis of LDCE or Competitive Exam. But, the exam should have been held not less than five years before the crucial date or not less than five years of the continuous or approved service in the case of officers appointed in the grades based on their seniority in their respective feeder grades as on the crucial date of the exam year.||Section Officers’ Grade of the Intelligence Bureau|
|Private Secretary in ESIC||At least three years of continuous and approved service in Personal Assistants Grade in ESIC.||Private Secretary Grade in ESIC|
- Apart from the above stated eligibility criteria, the candidate should have secured 40% marks in the valuation of record of service.
- There is no age limit prescribed for the recruitment of UPSC SO/ Steno.
UPSC SO/Steno Application Form 2021
The application form for the UPSC SO/Steno should be submitted online. You will have to make sure that the application submission should be done before the last date. After the last date, the link for applying will be disabled by the commission. Once the application form is submitted, you will have to route the printed copy of the application form through your HOD or through the head of the office to the commission.
The printed application should be duly signed by the concerned authority and you should send it to “Under Secretary (E-VI), UPSC, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi – 110069” before the last date specified by the commission for the same. All communications should be addressed to the given address and invariably contain the following details.
- Name of the examination
- Registration number/ DOB/ Roll number if allocated
- Month & Year of exam
- Name of the candidate (In full & Block Capital Letters)
- Complete Postal Address
Change in address should be communicated to the commission at the earliest.
UPSC SO/Steno 2021 – How To Apply Online?
- Visit the UPSC website and click on APPLY ONLINE tab
- Click on ORA for Various Recruitment Posts
- Find Section Officer/ Stenographer and click on ‘Apply Now’ against this
- After reading instructions, take a print out and click on Next and again read important Note and click on Next
- Read Terms and Conditions and check the declaration box and click on Proceed
- Registration ID and Password are required to apply
- If you do not have these details, you will have to register yourself with the website of UPSC by clicking on “New Registration”.
- Enter Name, Fathers name, Mother’s Name, select Gender, Community, PH category
- Enter Date of Birth, Place of Birth, Select State where you born, Nationality
- Enter Mobile Number, Confirm the same
- Enter Email Address and Confirm the same
- Enter desired password, confirm password
- Enter Random image as shown
- Click on Save and Continue
- Upload Photograph and Signature and submit
- Registration ID will be generated
UPSC SO & Steno 2021 Application Submission
- Enter Registration ID and Password and random image as shown
- Click on Login
- Retrieve using Forgot Registration ID and Password in case you forgot
- Select the post you wanted to apply for
- Pay the required fee and submit the application
- Take a printout of the application for reference
- Before you can apply, you should read the onscreen instructions that will appear when you click the “Apply” option on the UPSC website
- You can read the instruction and even you can print them. Once read, you will have to confirm the same by activating the checkbox. Only then, you can apply.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and apply accordingly. Ensure the correctness of the entered details. You cannot change the entries made in the application later.
Candidates eligible for more than one post and wish to appear for both should submit only one application. Candidates should indicate clearly in the application form about the post they want to appear for in the order of preference. Once submitted, they cannot change the order of preference.
UPSC SO/Steno Application Fee
UPSC SO/ Steno Application fee 2021 will be Rs.100/-, and the candidates can pay the required fee either through online or offline mode.
Documents related to service preferences, parental information, educational information, employment information, and personal details.