UPSEE exam pattern 2019 provides interested candidates useful details about the paper pattern which will be released by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University on its official notification. UPSEE Syllabus 2019 can be checked in in the notification and the same has been explained in this article. AKTU will admit candidates into various colleges and universities through UPSEE exam. UPSEE Selection process details are given here along with exam pattern and syllabus.
The standard of the UPSEE exam will include the Higher Secondary or any other equivalent exam for UG courses and graduation level for PG programmes. No change in the pattern of the UPSEE exam for 2019 is noticed and it is expected that it shall remain same as the one in 2018. 11 test papers will be designed for the purpose of admission into various UG engineering courses.
Objective questions will only be included in the examination and English and Hindi languages will be the medium of examination. The total number of questions along with maximum marks achievable for each candidate shall vary from one course to another.
UPSEE Exam Pattern 2019
In the UPSEE 2019 examination, 11 papers are included and it will be conducted in 3 days. The topic and subjects that will come on the paper will be provided according to the officially chosen technical subject of the applicant or the candidate. Objective type questions will be there in the question papers. Note that these objective questions are supposedly meant to be completed within the given time during the examination. Four marks will be credited for each correct answer.
- The examination of UPSEE 2019 will be held in both online and offline modes based on the different papers.
- Paper 1, paper 2, paper 3, and paper 4 would be conducted through the offline mode and will be a pen and paper based test. Candidates are required to attend the questions by marking their answers on an OMR sheet.
- Paper 5, paper 6, paper 7, paper 8, paper 9, paper 10 and paper 11 will be conducted through the online mode (CBT).
- The questions that will be included in the examination paper will be of objective type as well as of multiple choices. There will be four options present beside each question and the candidate has to select the correct one out of those four options.
Have an idea of the number of questions, total marks along with the time duration for each paper of UPSEE 2019 examination from the list mentioned below:
|Paper||Subject||No. of questions|
|Paper-1||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||50 objective type from each subject – total 150 questions||600||3 hrs|
|Paper-2||Physics, Chemistry & Biology||50 objective type from each subject – total 150 questions||600||3 hrs|
|Paper-3||AG-I, AG-II & AG-III||50 objective type from each subject – total 150 questions||600||3 hrs|
|Paper-4||Aptitude Test for Architecture & Design|
Part-A: Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity
|100 objective questions from part A, 2 questions to test drawing from part B||500||2 hr 30 min|
|Paper-5||Aptitude Test for General Awareness (BHMCT/ MBA (Integrated)/ BFAD/BFA)||75 Objective type questions||300||1 hr 30 min|
|Paper-6||Aptitude Test - Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry)||75 Objective type questions||300||1 hr 30 min|
|Paper-7||Aptitude Test - Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (Lateral Entry)||75 Objective type questions||300||1 hr 30 min|
|Paper-8||Aptitude Test - B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering (Lateral Entry)||75 Objective type questions||300||1 hr 30 min|
|Paper-9||Aptitude Test - MBA||100 objective type||400||2 hrs|
|Paper-10||Aptitude Test - MCA||100 objective type||400||2 hrs|
|Paper-11||Aptitude Test - 2nd Year MCA (Lateral Entry)||100 objective type||400||2 hrs|
Read : UPSEE Apply Online 2019
UPSEE Marking Scheme 2019
The following marking scheme is applicable for UPSEE 2019 examination:
- Every objective question will be of 4 marks
- Correct answers will have marks awarded against it
- If a candidate submits more than one answer for a question, then it will be treated as an incorrect answer. Even if one of the answers is correct, no marks will be awarded.
- Negative marking is not present. But a record of any incorrect answer by the candidates will be maintained.
UPSEE Syllabus 2019
UPSEE syllabus for each paper is given in the official notification of UPSEE. It is necessary for the candidates to go through the syllabus paper wise to qualify in the examination. UPSEE Syllabus 2019 will help students in their preparation. UPSEE exam is for the courses of First year B.Tech, B.Arch, BHMCT, B.Pharm, B.Des, BFA, BFAD, MBA, MBA Integrated, MCA, MCA Integrated and 2nd Year B.Pharm, B.Tech, MCA (Lateral entry). Various UG and PG courses syllabus of UPSEE is given below.
UPSEE Selection Process
UPSEE selection process will be based on the merit secured in the written test. Cutoff will be decided by AKTU for each course after the candidate’s performance evaluation and merit list will be released by AKTU. Each right answer will fetch marks and wrong answer or unanswered questions will not fetch any mark. There is no negative marking. Based on the merit list, candidates will be called for counselling which will be held in multiple sessions till the seats gets filled.
Read : UPSEE Admit Card 2019