UPSEE exam pattern 2021 and syllabus provide details about the UP state engineering entrance exam conducted by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University. UPSEE Syllabus 2021 along with exam pattern can be checked in in the notification and the same has been explained in this article.
UPSEE Selection process details are given here along with exam pattern and syllabus. AKTU will admit candidates into degree level engineering courses and other professional courses in various colleges and universities through the UPSEE exam.
- The standard of the UPSEE exam will include the Higher Secondary or any other equivalent exam for UG courses and graduate-level for PG programs.
- No change in the pattern of the UPSEE exam for 2021 is expected and shall remain the same as the one in 2020.
- A total of 8 test papers will be designed for the purpose of admission into various UG engineering courses.
- Objective questions will only be included in the examination and English and Hindi languages will be the medium of examination.
- The total number of questions along with maximum marks achievable for each candidate shall vary from one course to another.
UPSEE Exam Pattern 2021
In the UPSEE 2021 examination, 8 papers are included and it will be conducted in a single day. The topic and subjects that will come in the paper will be provided according to the officially chosen technical subject of the applicant or the candidate.
Objective type questions will be there in the question papers. Note that these objective questions are supposedly meant to be completed within the given time during the examination. Four marks will be credited for each correct answer.
- The examination of UPSEE 2021 will be held in an offline mode only for all the different papers.
- Paper 1-8 would be conducted through the offline mode and will be a pen and paper-based test. Candidates are required to attend the questions by marking their answers on an OMR sheet except drawing test.
- The questions that will be included in the examination paper will be of the objective type as well as of multiple choices. There will be four options present beside each question and the candidate has to select the correct one out of those four options.
Have an idea of the number of questions, total marks along with the time duration for each paper of UPSEE 2021 examination from the list mentioned below:
|Paper||Subject||No. of questions||Marks||Time|
|Paper-1||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||50 objective type from each subject – total 150 questions||600||3 hrs|
|Paper-2||Physics, Chemistry & Biology||50 objective type from each subject – total 150 questions||600||3 hrs|
|Paper-3||Aptitude Test for Architecture & Design|
Part-A: Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity
|100 objective questions from part A (50 each subject), 2 questions to test drawing from part B||600||2 hr 30 min|
|Paper-4||Aptitude Test for General Awareness (BHMCT/ MBA (Integrated)/ BFAD/BFA)||100 Objective type questions||400||2 Hours|
|Paper-5||Aptitude Test - B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering (Lateral Entry), 2nd Year MCA (Lateral Entry)||100 Objective type questions||400||2 Hours|
|Paper-6||Aptitude Test - MBA/MCA||100 objective type||400||2 hrs|
|Paper-7||Aptitude Test - Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (Lateral Entry)||100 Objective type questions||400||2 Hours|
|Paper-8||Aptitude Test - Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry)||100 Objective type questions||400||2 Hours|
Read : UPSEE Apply Online 2021
UPSEE Marking Scheme 2021
The following marking scheme is applicable for UPSEE 2021 examination:
- Every objective question will be of 4 marks
- Correct answers will have marks awarded against it
- If a candidate submits more than one answer for a question, then it will be treated as an incorrect answer. Even if one of the answers is correct, no marks will be awarded.
- Negative marking is not present. But a record of any incorrect answer by the candidates will be maintained.
UPSEE Syllabus 2021
UPSEE syllabus for each paper is given in the official notification of UPSEE. It is necessary for the candidates to go through the syllabus paper wise to qualify in the examination. UPSEE Syllabus 2021 will help students in their preparation.
UPSEE exam is for the courses of First year B.Tech, B.Arch, BHMCT, B.Pharm, B.Des, BFA, BFAD, MBA, MBA Integrated, MCA, MCA Integrated and 2nd Year B.Pharm, B.Tech, MCA (Lateral entry). Various UG and PG courses syllabus of UPSEE is given below.
Download UPSEE Syllabus 2021 Pdf
- Paper 1 – Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- Paper 2 – Chemistry, Physics, and Biology
- Paper 3 – Aptitude test for Architecture & Design
- Paper 4 – Aptitude test for General Awareness (BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/ MBA (Integrated))
- Paper 5 – Aptitude test for Lateral Entry in Engineering (B.Sc Graduates) / 2nd yr MCA)
- Paper 6 – Aptitude test for MBA/MCA
- Paper 7 – Aptitude test for Diploma holders in Pharmacy
- Paper 8 – Aptitude test for Diploma holders in Engineering
|Laws of Motion||Chemical Equilibrium and Kinetics||Trigonometry||Organic Evolution & Mechanism||Protoplasm|
|Work, Power and Energy||Electrochemistry||Calculus||Applied Biology||Ecosystem|
|Motion in one dimension||Redox Reactions||Probability||Origin of Life||Plant Cell|
|Linear Momentum & collisions||Catalysis||Vectors||Mammalian Anatomy||Genetics|
|Motion in two dimensions||Acid-Base Concepts||Co-ordinate Geometry||Human Genetics and Eugenics||Ecology|
|Rotation of a rigid body about a fixed axis||Colligative Properties of Solution||Dynamics||Animal Physiology||Seeds in angiospermic plants|
|Mechanics of solids and fluids||Preparation and Properties||Coelenterata||Anatomy of Root, Stem, Leaf|
|Oscillatory motion||Periodic Table||Porifera||Cell differentiation Plant Tissue|
|Heat and thermodynamics||Thermo-chemistry||Aschelminthes||Important Phylums|
|Wave||General Organic Chemistry||Annelida||Photosynthesis|
|Current Electricity||IUPAC||Comparison between Periplaneta and Blatta.|
|Magnetism in Matter|
|Ray Optics and optical instruments|
|Magnetic Effect of Current||Polymers|
UPSEE Selection Process
- The UPSEE selection process will be based on the merit secured in the written test.
- The cutoff will be decided by AKTU for each course after the candidate’s performance evaluation and merit list will be released by AKTU.
- Each right answer will fetch 4 marks and the wrong answer or unanswered questions will not fetch any mark. There is no negative marking.
- Based on the merit list, candidates will be called for counseling which will be held in multiple sessions till the seats get filled.
Read : UPSEE Admit Card 2021