WBJEE Exam Pattern and syllabus 2019 has been released on official website. WBJEE exam pattern gives you an idea about pattern of questions, mode of answering in the examination, scoring methodology, ranking methodology etc. Syllabus help in preparation of examination that in turn help to score better.
WBJEE 2019 is scheduled on Sunday, April 21, 2019 for admission to Engineering as well as Pharmacy courses. WBJEE exam 2019 will be conducted in offline mode. There will be two papers- Paper – 1 & Paper – 2. Examinees of WBJEE s are required to appear for both the papers. All the questions in both the papers will be of Multiple Choice Questions [MCQ] type. Table view WBJEE 2019 Exam pattern.
|Date of WBJEE exam||April 2019|
|Mode of exam||Offline [OMR based]|
|No. of Papers||2|
|Language of papers||English & Bengali|
|Total no. of questions||155|
WBJEE Exam Pattern 2019
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board has prescribed the exam pattern of WBJEE 2019 through WBJEE 2019 information bulletin. Exam pattern has been set by the board for the aspirants of WBJEE so that they can easily prepare for the examination in more effective way. In WBJEE 2019, candidates are required to appear for two papers as follows
- Paper I – Mathematics
- Paper II – Physics & Chemistry (combined)
Both the papers will be conducted on the same day in two different slots. In every paper, there will be multiple choice questions only. Questions in both papers will set in English and Bengali. Each paper shall be of 2 hours duration.
WBJEE Marking Scheme & Scoring Methodology
|Subject||Type I [1 Marks]||Type II [2 Marks]||Type III [2 Marks]||Total Number of Questions||Total Marks|
- Type I – Only one answer is correct. 1 mark shall be awarded for each correct answer / response. 1/4 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. Zero mark will be awarded for not attempting the question.
- Type II – Only one answer is correct. 2 marks will be awarded for each correct answer / response. 1/2 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. Zero mark will be awarded for not attempting the question.
- In Type III – One or more answer option(s) are correct. 2 marks will be awarded if all the responses are correct. No marks will be awarded if only one response is correct. For partially correct response, marks awarded will be = 2 x (no. of correct options marked ¸ total no. of correct options). Zero mark will be awarded for not attempting the question.
WBJEE 2019 Exam Pattern [For All Courses In All Institutes]
- Appearing in both Paper I and Paper II shall be compulsory
- Total number of questions shall be 155
- Total marks will be 200
|Paper No.||Subject||Total Number of Questions||Total Marks||Time schedule|
|Paper I||Mathematics||75||100||11:00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.|
|Paper II||Physics||40||50||2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
WBJEE 2019 Exam Pattern [For Admission Only In Pharmacy Courses]
WBJEE exam pattern for pharmacy is slightly different from exam pattern of all other courses. Candidates will have to appear in Paper II only if they want only admission in Pharmacy Courses (except in Jadavpur University). Paper II will carry total 80 MCQs equally distributed in two parts / subjects- Physics & Chemistry. Total marks will be 100. Further details are given below
|Subject||Total Number of Questions||Total Marks||Time schedule|
|Physics||40||50||2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
Mode Of Examination
It is the common entrance examination in offline mode (OMR based examination). In WBJEE 2019 exam, candidates are required to answer the questions on OMR sheet. To record answer, candidates will have to darken the correct circle completely with black or blue ball point pen. Once candidate’s response is recorded, it cannot be modified / edited / changed / erased. Therefore, it is recommended that the candidates should make sure about the response before marking.
WBJEE Syllabus 2019
WBJEE syllabus 2019 is explained below
|Algebra||A.P., G.P., H.P., Logarithms, Complex Numbers, Polynomial equation, Permutation and combination, Principle of mathematical induction, Binomial theorem (positive integral index), Matrices, Sets, Relations and Mappings, Relation and its properties, Statistics and Probability|
|Trigonometry||Subtraction & addition formulae, functions, general solution of trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, inverse trigonometric functions and their properties|
|Coordinate geometry of two dimensions||area of a triangle, section formula, distance formula, slope of a line, definition of conic section etc.|
|Co-ordinate geometry of three dimensions||Direction ratios and cosines, distance of a point from a plane, equation of a plane and a straight line etc.|
|Calculus||Integral calculus, Rolle's theorem, differential calculus, differential equations, application of calculus, Vectors etc.|
- Physical World, Measurements, Units & dimensions
- Laws of motion
- Motion of centre of mass, connected systems, friction
- Bulk properties of matter
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations & waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current
- Electromagnetic induction & alternating current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Optics I (Ray optics)
- Optics II (Wave Optics)
- Solid state Electronics etc.
- Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic
- Atomic Structure
- Radioactivity and nuclear chemistry
- The Periodic Table and Chemical Families
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Coordination Compounds
- Solid State
- Liquid State
- Gaseous State
- Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics
- Colloidal / Electrolytic / Non-electrolytic Solutions
- Ionic and Redox Equilibria
- Chemistry of Metals
- Surface Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemistry of Carbon Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Aromatic Compounds
- Application Oriented chemistry
- Introduction to Bio-Molecules
- Principles of Qualitative Analysis
1.What Is The Date For WBJEE 2019 Exam?
A. WBJEE 2019 exam is scheduled on Sunday, 21 April, 2019.
2. What Will Happen If I Appear In Both Paper I and Paper II Of WBJEE 2019 Exam?
A. If you appear in both Paper I and Paper II of WBJEE 2019 exam then you will be eligible for admission in Pharmacy / Technology / Engineering / Architecture courses in all institutes.
3. What Will Happen If I Appear In Only Paper II Of WBJEE 2019 Exam?
A. Candidates appearing in Paper-II only will be eligible for admission in Pharmacy courses only (except in Jadavpur University).
4. What Is The Total Time Duration Of WBJEE 2019?
A. Total time duration of WBJEE 2019 shall be of 4 hours. Each paper will be for 2 hours.