WBPSC Fire Operator Notification 2021 will be released by West Bengal Public Service Commission and invites online applications from eligible Indian Citizens for employment on the post of Fire Operators in the West Bengal Fire Services. Candidates who have a passion to make an adventurous career can apply to this job.
Candidates interested to apply can submit an application online only on the Commission’s website at www.pscwbapplication.in. The closing date for receipt of the online application is July 2021.
Candidates are required to know important details like the number of vacancies, method of recruitment, written examination date & centers, eligibility criteria, application form, process, fee & mode of payment, admit card, result, etc.
WB Fire Operator Overview
|Examination name||WBPSC Fire Operator Direct Recruitment 2021|
|Conducted by||West Bengal Public Service Commission|
|Advertisement no.||-/ 2021|
|Post name||Fire Operator|
|No. of vacancies||1452|
|Opening date for receipt of online application||June 13th, 2021|
|Closing date for receipt of online application||July 3rd, 2021|
|Last date of online fees payment||July 3rd, 2021|
|Last date of offline fees payment through any branch of UBI||July 4th, 2021|
|Mode of recruitment||written examination, physical measurement test, endurance test and personality test|
|Admit cards||Yet to be announced|
|Date of written examination||15th September, 2021 (tentative)|
|Result||To be notified|
|Physical measurement test||To be notified|
|Endurance test||To be notified|
|Personality test||To be notified|
|Apply online at||http://pscwbapplication.in/|
|Helpline Numbers for|
|Queries related to offline payment||(033) 2262-4181|
|Queries related to online payment||(033) 4003-5104|
|Technical Support||9836219994, 9836289994 & 9123971747|
WBPSC Fire Operator Recruitment 2021 Notification & Vacancies
The Public service commission of state West Bengal will release an official notification for the recruitment of fire operators in the West Bengal Fire Services under the Department of Fire & Emergency Services, Govt. of W.B.
Download West Bengal Fire Operator Notification 2021
The total number of vacancies is 1452. Category wise break up of vacancies is given below.
- Ex-Serviceman – 80
- Meritorious Sportsperson – 32
- ST – 93
- SC – 309
- OBC-B – 74
- OBC-A – 157
WBPSC Fire Operator Recruitment 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Age Limit (As on Jan 1st, 2021)
The minimum age is 18 years & Maximum age is 27 to be eligible for the WBPSC Fire Operator posts and the relaxation in the upper age limit will be given to the candidates belonging to the categories of the Other Backwards Classes (Group A and Group B) or the Scheduled Tribes or the Scheduled Castes as per the extant rules of the Government.
Essential Educational Qualifications
Applicant should have passed Madhyamik or its equivalent examination from any Board or Institution approved by Government. Preference will be given to the following applicants
- having at least 1-year experience in firefighting in any Govt. organization or department or Public-Sector Undertaking or autonomous bodies OR
- have obtained a certificate in any of the following disciplines- Automobile Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Civil Engineering from any recognized Industrial Training Institute OR
- have obtained a certificate in swimming from any government recognized institute or club
Essential Physical Measurement
|Candidates of Rajbansis, Garwalies, Gorkhas and other hill tribes||81.3 cms. with expansion of 2” or 5 cms.||5’3” or 160 cms|
|Other candidates||32” or 81.3 cms. with expansion of 2” or 5 cms.||5’6” or 167.6 cms|
WBPSC Fire Operator 2021 Application Fee and Mode Of Payment
- There is no application fee for persons having a physical disability of 40% or above and S.C./S.T. candidates of West Bengal.
- All other candidates including B.C. and S.C./S.T. candidates of other states are required to pay an amount of Rs. 110/- as application fee along with additional convenience/service charges.
Fee can be paid either online or offline. For online, candidates are required to make payments through net banking. For offline, candidates are required to make payment through the bank counter.
WBPSC Fire Operator Recruitment 2021 Application Form & process
Interested candidates should fill and submit online applications only @ commission’s official website. The process to attempt online application is given below:
- Open WBPSC’s official online portal
- On the homepage, find and click on the link ‘Fire Operator in the West Bengal Fire Services under the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (Advt. No. -/2021)’ given under the ‘Live Application’ section
- You will see a new page having several links related to ongoing recruitment exercises
- Since you are new to WBPSC so click on the ‘Enrol Yourself’ tab
- You will be landed on a new page having enrolment form
- Enter your mobile number, password, first, middle & last name
- Select date of birth and gender
- Type your father’s / mother’s name
- Enter your email id
- Click on the ‘Sign Up’ tab
- You will see a confirmation page; verify all the details which you have entered
- If you want to make any change then click on the ‘Change’ tab
- Otherwise, click on the ‘Confirm’ tab
- Instantly, you will get an OTP on your provided mobile number
- Enter OTP then click on the ‘Validate OTP’ tab
- A confirmation message will be displayed having your enrolment details such as your enrolment no., password, name, father’s name, and date of birth
- Meanwhile, you will also receive a text message having your enrolment no. & password
- Click on the ‘Sign In’ tab
- Enter your Enrolment no. & password
- Then click on the ‘Sign In’ tab
- After logging, select the examination name for which you want to apply
- Click on ‘Application Details’
- fill and submit the required details
- Upload scanned image of your signature & photo in the prescribed format
- fill your qualification & experience details
- Select examination center preference (if the option is live)
- After all, this, review all the details and confirm
- Make a payment of a fee (if applicable)
- Print your final submitted application form
WBPSC Fire Operator 2021 Method Of Recruitment
As per the official advertisement, the entire selection process will consist of the following examinations/tests:
- The written exam will have a single paper consist of MCQs from General English, General Studies, and Arithmetic.
- The exam will be OMR Based and the standard of questions will be 10th class.
- The English language will have 20 Questions, General Studies will have 40 questions and the Arithmetic section have 20 questions.
- The total questions will be 80 for 80 marks.
- The total duration of the exam is 1 hour.
|Section||No. of Questions||No. of Marks||Time Duration|
|General English||20||20||1 Hour|
Physical Measurement and Endurance Test
- Candidates qualified in written examination will be called for this test to be held in Kolkata only.
- Firstly, there will be a physical measurement test. To qualify PMT, candidates must have essential physical measurements as mentioned above.
- After qualifying physical measurement test, candidates should undergo an endurance test. To qualify PET, candidates should have to pass at least four of the below-given endurance tests:
- High Jump 1.22 meters or more
- Rope climbing using only hands within one minute
- Run up 3 stories of standard staircase within 60 seconds
- Lifting & carrying 63.5 kg sandbag continuously for at least 50 meters
- Ladder climbing within 20 seconds
- 1 km run within 5 minutes
- Candidates qualified in PET shall be called for a personality test to be held in the office of the West Bengal Public Service Commission, in Kolkata.
WB Fire Operator Syllabus
WB Fire Operator Syllabus consists of three sections
- Fundamentals of the English language such as Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, and its correct usage, Grammar, Sentence structure.
- Matters of everyday observation including everyday Science, current events
- Problems with special reference to India and elementary knowledge of Indian History and Indian Geography.
- Area of Rectangles and Squares
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio and Proportion
- Recurring Decimals
- Simple Interest
- Time and Distance
WB Fire Operator Exam Date and Centres
- WB Fire Operator exam date will be notified in due course.
- WB Fire operator exam will be held at various examination centers such as Kolkata (North & South), Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Siliguri, Cooch Behar, Tamluk, Krishnanagar, Barasat, Purulia, Asansol, Burdwan, Chinsurah, Howrah, Diamond Harbour, etc.
WBPSC Fire Operator Recruitment 2021 Admit Card
Public Service Commission, West Bengal will issue a separate admit card/call letter for each examination. Before a few days from the date of examination, candidates will be able to download the admit card/call letter.
How To Download Admit Card?
- Open WBPSC official website
- Find and click on the download admit card section
- Select the examination for which you want to download admit card/call letter
- Enter the required details such as your enrolment no., password, and date of birth
- Your admit card/call letter will be displayed on your computer’s screen
- Download / Save or Print it on the A4 size paper
- Read the instructions printed on admit card/call letter
WBPSC Fire Operator Recruitment 2021 Salary
Finally selected candidates will get a salary of Rs. 5,400/ – Rs. 25,200/- under (P.B. – 2) with Grade Pay Rs. 2,600/-.
WBPSC Fire Operator Recruitment 2021 Result
Results will be announced and published on WBPSC’s official website. To check the result, a candidate has to login to his / her account created at the time of attempting the online application. The entire process of checking results and downloading scorecard is explained below:
- Open official portal
- Find and click on the appropriate ‘Result’ link (will be activated after official result announcement)
- Type and submit the asked details like your enrolment no. & password
- View your result or print it by hitting the cursor on the ‘Print’ tab
- Check your scorecard