XAT 2020 [Exam Date, Registration, Apply Online] : XAT 2020 Notification and dates have been released and XAT 2020 exam will be conducted by Xavier School of Management (XLRI) Jamshedpur tentatively on Sunday, 05 Jan 2020 on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). It will be a national level test to find out the most eligible candidates for management education. Presently, more than 150 institutes across the nation uses XAT score for the admission into different management programmes. Every year, around 90,000 candidates appear for XAT Examination. Due to which, it is considered as one of the largest management entrance tests in India after CAT.
- Fee & Payment
- Application Form
- Through GMAT
- Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- Admit Card
- Exam Centres
- Answer Key
- Score Card
- Participating Institutes
- Cut Off
- Selection Process
- Merit List
- Counseling Procedure
XAT 2020 interested candidates can apply online @ www.xatonline.in/. But before that, they are recommended to go through below mentioned information about XAT 2020 such as date of release of official notification, eligibility criteria, application form, process, fee & mode of fee submission, selection procedure/exam pattern, syllabus, admit card/call letter, result etc.
XAT Notification 2020
XAT notification 2020 will be released in August 2019, along with XAT 2020 notification, XAT admission brochure 2020 and bulletin will also be released on the official website of XAT 2020 @ www.xatonline.in. Once XAT 2020 notification gets released, interested candidates can apply online for the admission. Before attempting online applications, all the interested candidates are requested to go through official notification for once to ensure eligibility conditions. XAT 2020 official notification will be available on its official website.
Download XAT Notification 2020 PDF (To be released)
XAT 2020 Overview
|Examination name||Xavier Aptitude Test 2020 (commonly known as XAT 2019)|
|Conducted by||Xavier School of Management (XLRI) Jamshedpur|
|Category||Test for admission to XLRI and 150+ B-schools|
|Official notification will be available in the month of||August 2019|
|Beginning of on-line registration of application||August 23, 2019|
|Last date for registration of application||Nov 30, 2019 (without late fee)
Dec 01 - 07, 2019 (with late fee)
|Downloading of Admit Cards starts from||December 20, 2019 onwards|
|Last date to download XAT admit card||January 03, 2020|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Exam date & time||January 05, 2020 from 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM|
|Result||January 31, 2020|
|XAT score card can be downloaded between||Jan 31 to Mar 31, 2020|
|Apply online @||www.xatonline.in|
XAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
Management programme aspirants who want to apply for XAT 2020 should fulfill the eligibility conditions as set by Xavier School of Management (XLRI) Jamshedpur. All essential eligibility conditions are given below:
For Indian Candidates
No minimum and maximum age limit is prescribed to apply for XAT 2020.
An applicant must have passed in a graduation course in any discipline of at least 3 years duration from a recognized Institute or University. Candidates in final year of their graduation course are also eligible to apply for XAT 2020. However, their graduation course should be completed by 10 June 2020.
Note: Indian candidates who have valid GMAT Scores can apply for XLRI programme of General Management Programme without appearing in XAT.
For NRI/Foreign Candidates
NRI or foreign national candidates except candidates from Dubai or Nepal need not to appear for XAT 2020 online test. They have to apply through GMAT scores.
XAT 2020 Application Fee & Mode Of Payment
Submission of registration fee can be done tentatively in between August 20 to December 16, 2019. XAT 2020 applicants should have to pay a fee of Rs. 1700/- as their XAT registration fee (without late fee) along with an additional fee of Rs. 300/- for XLRI courses. XAT registration fee (with late fee) will be Rs. 2000/- along with an additional fee of Rs. 500/- for XLRI courses.
|Particulars||Fee (in Rs.)||Additional fee (in Rs.) [for candidates interested in XLRI programme]|
|XAT 2020 Fee (without late fee)||1700/-||300/-|
|XAT 2020 Fee (with late fee)||2000/-||500/-|
|Indian Candidates applying for GMP through GMAT||2500/-||-|
|NRI / Foreign candidates applying for 1 or more programmes through GMAT||5000/-||-|
Candidates can make payment online by using internet banking, IMPS, cash cards / mobile wallets, debit cards (RuPay / Visa / Master Card / Maestro) and credit Cards.
XAT 2020 Application Form and Process
To apply for XAT 2020, candidates should have to submit online application available @ www.xatonline.in. Before applying online, candidates will be needed to keep scanned (digital) copies of their latest PP size photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned in XAT 2020 official notification. To assist XAT 2020 aspirants, below we have explained complete process for attempting online application:
- Open XAT’s official website or click here
- Now, find and click on the “Click here for New Registration” tab
- Enter and submit your Name, Contact details and Email-id
- Instantly, you will receive a system generated Provisional XAT ID and Password
- You must note down Id and Password
- Now, use XAT ID and password to fill up the rest mandatory fields of online application
- Verify all the filled details
- Upload required scanned copies of documents as per the specifications set by XAT authorities
- Click on ‘payment’ tab and make the payment through desired mode
- Click on ‘Submit’ tab
- Print your final submitted application form
XAT 2020 Apply Online Link (To be activated)
Candidate Through GMAT
Candidates who have obtained GMAT score during Dec 01, 2017 to Dec 31, 2019 may also apply online for the following XLRI programmes
- For Indian candidates, General Management Programme is available to apply through GMAT score
- For Foreign and NRI candidates, General Management Programme along with Business Management and Human Resource Management programmes are available to apply through GMAT score
Steps To Apply For XLRI Programmes Through GMAT Score
- Open xatonline.in website then find and click on ‘Register for XAT 2020’ link / tab
- Enter and submit the following details
- Date of birth
- Contact details
- Email ID
- XAT ID will be generated
- XAT ID and password will be sent to candidates through SMS / email
- Candidates must keep safe their XAT ID and password for future reference
- Use XAT ID and password to access online application
- Fill the online application carefully then verify all the details
- Scan and upload photo & signature
- Fill rest details to complete online application form
- Select XLRI programme through GMAT
- Preview your application and verify the complete application
- Modify details, if needed otherwise click on ‘Final Submit’
- Find and click on ‘Payment’ tab
- Make payment then click on ‘Submit’ tab
- Print application form
Documents Required For Applying Online Through GMAT Score
- Academic certificates / documents
- Scanned copy of signature and photo
- GMAT score
- Credit card / debit card / Internet banking details
XAT 2020 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
XAT 2020 will be a computer based test to be conducted in online mode. XAT 2020 exam will consists of two parts i.e. Part 1 & Part 2. There will be 74 questions in Part 1 and 25 questions & one essay topic in Part 2. Part 1 will carry multiple choice questions (MCQs) and Part 2 will be a combination of subjective as well as objective questions. XAT 2020 examinees will get a break of 5 minutes between Part I and Part II. Every question will be of 1 mark and for every incorrect answer, 1/4th of the total marks allotted to a question will be subtracted. There will be also negative marking of 0.05 marks for un-attempted questions, beyond 8.
|Parts||Sections||No. of Questions||Duration||Topics|
Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation
|74||170 minutes||Permutation & combination, data sufficiency, percentage, profit & loss, polynomials, numbers, time & work, time & distance, equations, progressions, probability, bar charts & scatter plots etc.|
|Decision making||Arithmetic, situational, analytical reasoning etc.|
Verbal & logical ability
|Vocabulary, grammar, sentence correction, analogy-based on vocabulary, reading comprehension, paragraph formation questions, fill in the blanks, poem etc.|
|History, national capital, culture, books and authors, films, personalities, invention, geography, important dates, currency, science & business, current affairs, etc.|
|Essay Writing||1 topic||There will be no specific topic/syllabus. Essay topic will be abstract in nature.|
XAT 2020 Admit Card
XAT 2020 aspirants who have successfully fill and submit online applications along with the registration fee can download their admit cards from 20th December 2019 onwards. For downloading XAT 2020 admit card, a candidate has to use his/her XAT ID and password. Without valid admit card, a candidate will not be allowed to appear in the XAT 2020 online test. XAT 2020 admit card will be printed with several details as follows.
- Candidate’s personal information:
- Date of birth
- Contact details
- Exam Information:
- Test centre details – Name of examination centre and address
How To Download XAT Admit Card 2020?
- Open the official website of XAT 2020 @ xatonline.in
- Find and click on ‘Admit Card’ link
- Candidates login page / window will open up
- Enter User ID and Password
- Click on ‘Login’ tab
- Admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Download then print your XAT 2020 admit card
Documents Required With XAT Admit Card 2020
Along with XAT Admit card 2020, candidates must bring any of the following photo IDs to the exam centre
- PAN card
- Driving license
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID
- Photo ID issued by current education institute or employer
XAT 2020 Exam Date and Centres
XAT 2020 will be conducted across India at more than 30 examination centres. A list having names of cities / examination centres where XAT 2020 online exam will be conducted has been provided below.
|XAT 2020 Exam centres in India||International centres|
XAT 2020 Answer Key
After conducting test successfully, XAT 2020 organizing authority i.e. XLRI will release answer key & OMR sheet. According to latest news, XAT official answer key will be released in the last week of January 2020.
XAT Mock Test 2020
- XAT mock test 2020 will be uploaded by XLRI on website xatonline.in tentatively a week before the XAT 2020 exam
- XAT mock test 2020 will be similar as XAT 2020 online test
- XAT mock test 2020 will help candidates in preparing for XAT exam 2020
- XAT mock test 2020 can be accessed by using candidate’s user ID and password
XAT 2020 Result
XAT 2020 results will be announced in the 1st week of February 2020. By using XAT ID and password, candidates can check their result from the official website. After checking results, candidates can also download their score card.
How To Check XAT Result 2020?
- Open the official website of XAT 2020
- Find and click on XAT result 2020
- Enter user ID and password
- Click on ‘Login’ tab
- XAT Result 2020 will be displayed on the screen
XAT Score Card 2020
The candidate score card for XAT 2020 will be displayed through the official website between Jan 2020 and 31 March 2020.
How To Check XAT Score Card 2020?
- Open official website @www.xatonline.in
- Find and click on ‘Login’ tab
- Candidate login screen will appear on the screen
- Enter ‘User ID’
- Enter ‘Password’
- Click on ‘Login’ tab
- XAT score card 2020 will be displayed on the screen
- Download and print your XAT score card 2020
XAT 2020 Participating Institutes
More than 150 B-schools in the country will accept XAT 2020 scores for admission into management courses. Names of few top XAT associates institutes are given below:
|Xavier Associate Management Institutes (XAMI)||Non-XAMI Institutes using XAT Score|
|Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi||Acharya School of Management, Bangalore|
|XLRI Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur||Aryans Business School, Punjab|
|Xavier Institute of Management, M.P.||Asia Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi|
|Xavier Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai||Asian School of Business Management, Odisha|
|Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship, Bangalore||BML Munjal University, Gurgoan|
|Xavier Institute of Management, Xavier University, Bhubaneswar||CMS B-School Jain University, Bangalore|
|Xavier Business School (XBS), St. Xavier's University ,Kolkata||EMPI Business School, Delhi|
|St.Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology, Mangalore||IMS-Noida, Noida|
|St. Joseph's Institute of Management, Bangalore||ISBR Business School, Bangalore|
|St. Francis Institute of Management and Research (SFIMR), Mumbai||Kaziranga University, Assam|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai||Krupajal Business School, Bhubaneswar|
Note: For full list of XAT participating institutes, click here.
XAT 2020 Cut Off
Final cut-off will be released after the announcement of XAT 2020 result. Cut-off percentile will be prepared after taking several factors into consideration such as number of participants, difficulty level of test, number of seats available in each course/programme etc. You can predict XAT 2020 cut-off by analyzing past years’ cut-off trends:
XAT Cut Off 2019 for XLRI Jamshedpur
XAT Selection Process 2020
XAT 2020 will include an online test, GD round and personal interview. Candidates who manage to qualify online test will be called for the GD round whereas those who also qualify the GD round will be called for the PI round. Further details of GD and PI have been provided below
- In GD, 8 to 15 candidates will be participated in order to speak on a given topic for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Topics in GD would be most probably related to politics, current affairs, trending social issues, latest technology, business etc.
- In GD, candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their soft skills such as team management skills, communication skills, assertiveness, leadership qualities, skills to solve conflicts etc.
Personal Interview (PI)
- Candidates will have to appear for PI if they manage to qualify GD
- It will be the last round of the selection process
- PI includes questions about candidate’s academics, background, achievements etc.
Note – Selection process varies from institute to institute; therefore, to confirm selection process, please pay a visit to the official website of the institute concerned
XAT Merit List 2020
On the basis of candidate’s XAT score, performance in GD & PI, academic records & work experience, candidate will be placed on XAT merit list 2020.
XAT Counseling Procedure
No centralized counseling will happen. Candidates having XAT score card 2020 will have to individually apply for every participating institute as per their interest. Further updates can be obtained from the official website of XAT 2020 exam.
XAT 2020 FAQs
Q. What Are The Dates Of XAT & XLRI Registration?
A. XAT & XLRI Registration can be done between Aug 20 and Nov 30, 2019 (without late fee) whereas with late fee, registration can be done between Dec 01 and Dec 07 of 2019.
Q. What Is The Eligibility Criterion For Taking XAT 2020?
A.As on 10 June 2020, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree of 3-years’ duration or equivalent in any discipline.
Q. When XAT 2020 Results Will Be Announced?
A. XAT 2020 results will be published on the website by 31 Jan 2020.
Q. I Have Scored 49% In Graduation, Am I Eligible To Apply For XAT 2020?
A. Yes, you are eligible and can apply for XAT 2020.
Q. Which Institutes Will Use XAT 2020 score?
A. XAT 2020 score will be used by more than 150 institutes for the admission. To check names of institutes, please click here
Q. How Can I Edit Information Given By Me During XAT Registration 2020?
A. Once registration form is submitted it cannot be edited.
Q. When XAT Counseling Will Happen?
A. Dates of counseling will be decided by the Institute for which you will apply using your XAT score card 2020.
We wish you Best of Luck for XAT 2019.