XAT 2023 [Exam Date, Registration, Apply Online] : XAT 2023 Notification and dates will be released on 20 August 2022 and the XAT exam will be conducted by Xavier School of Management (XLRI) Jamshedpur tentatively on Sunday, 03 Jan 2023 on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). It will be a national level test to find out the most eligible candidates for management education.
- XAT Registration 2023 will commence in August 2022 and the last date of submission of the application form is 30 November 2022.
- Candidates can submit the XAT application form up to 10 December 2022 with a late registration fee of Rs.2000 and per program fee of Rs.500.
- XAT Admit cards can be downloaded from 20 Dec 2022 to 3 Jan 2023.
- The XAT exam will be held online on 3 Jan 2023.
Presently, more than 150 institutes across the nation use XAT scores for admission into different management programs. Every year, around 90,000 candidates appear for XAT Examination. Due to which, it is considered as one of the largest management entrance tests in India after CAT.
- Fee & Payment
- Application Form
- Through GMAT
- Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- Admit Card
- Exam Centres
- Answer Key
- Score Card
- Participating Institutes
- Cut Off
- Selection Process
- Merit List
- Counseling Procedure
XAT 2023 interested candidates can apply online @ www.xatonline.in/. But before that, they are recommended to go through below-mentioned information about XAT 2023 such as date of release of official notification, eligibility criteria, application form, process, fee & mode of fee submission, selection procedure/exam pattern, syllabus, admit card/call letter, result, etc.
XAT Notification 2023
XAT notification 2023 will be released in August 2022, along with XAT admission brochure 2023, and a bulletin on the official website of XAT @ www.xatonline.in. Once XAT notification gets released, interested candidates can apply online for admission.
Before the submission of XAT online applications, all the interested candidates are requested to go through the official notification for once to ensure eligibility conditions. XAT official notification will be available on its official website.
Download XAT Notification 2023 PDF (To be released)
|Examination name||Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)|
|Conducted by||Xavier School of Management (XLRI) Jamshedpur|
|Category||Test for admission to XLRI and 150+ B-schools|
|Official notification||20 August 2022|
|Beginning of on-line registration||August 23, 2022|
|Last date for registration||Nov 30, 2022 (without late fee)|
Dec 01 - 07, 2022 (with late fee)
|Admit Card||December 20, 2022 onwards|
|Last date to download XAT admit card||January 03, 2023|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Exam date & time||January 03, 2023 from 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM|
|Result||January 31, 2023|
|XAT score card||Jan 31 to Mar 31, 2023|
|Apply online @||www.xatonline.in|
XAT Eligibility Criteria 2023
Management program aspirants who want to apply for XAT exam 2023 should fulfill the eligibility conditions as set by Xavier School of Management (XLRI) Jamshedpur. All essential eligibility conditions are given below:
For Indian Candidates
No minimum and maximum age limits are prescribed to apply for XAT.
An applicant must have passed in a graduation course in any discipline of at least 3 years duration from a recognized Institute or University. Candidates in the final year of their graduation course are also eligible to apply for XAT. However, their graduation course should be completed by 10 June 2023.
Note: Indian candidates who have valid GMAT Scores can apply for the XLRI program of the General Management Program without appearing in XAT.
For NRI/Foreign Candidates
NRI or foreign national candidates except for candidates from Dubai or Nepal need not appear for XAT online test. They have to apply through GMAT scores.
XAT 2023 Application Fee & Mode Of Payment
Submission of the XAT registration fee can be done tentatively between August 20 to December 16, 2023. XAT 2023 applicants should have to pay a fee of Rs. 1700/- as their XAT registration fee (without late fee) along with an additional fee of Rs. 300/- for XLRI courses. XAT registration fee (with late fee) will be Rs. 2000/- along with an additional fee of Rs. 500/- for XLRI courses.
|Particulars||Fee (in Rs.)||Additional fee (in Rs.) [for candidates interested in XLRI programme]|
|XAT 2020 Fee (without late fee)||1700/-||300/-|
|XAT 2020 Fee (with late fee)||2000/-||500/-|
|Indian Candidates applying for GMP through GMAT||2500/-||-|
|NRI / Foreign candidates applying for 1 or more programmes through GMAT||5000/-||-|
Candidates can make payment online by using internet banking, IMPS, cash cards / mobile wallets, debit cards (RuPay / Visa / Master Card / Maestro), and credit cards.
XAT Application Form 2023
To apply for XAT 2023, candidates should have to submit an online application available @ www.xatonline.in. Before applying online, candidates will be needed to keep scanned (digital) copies of their latest PP size photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned in XAT official notification.
XAT Apply Online
To assist XAT aspirants, below we have explained the complete process for attempting online application:
- Open XAT’s official website or click here
- Now, find and click on the “Click here for New Registration” tab
- Enter and submit your Name, Contact details, and Email-id
- Instantly, you will receive a system-generated Provisional XAT ID and Password
- You must note down Id and Password
- Now, use XAT ID and password to fill up the rest mandatory fields of online application
- Verify all the filled details
- Upload required scanned copies of documents as per the specifications set by XAT authorities
- Click on ‘payment’ tab and make the payment through the desired mode
- Click on the ‘Submit’ tab
- Print your final submitted application form
XAT 2023 Apply Online Link (To be activated)
Candidate Through GMAT
Candidates who have obtained GMAT score from Dec 01, 2018, to Dec 31, 2022, may also apply online for the following XLRI programs
- For Indian candidates, General Management Program is available to apply through GMAT score
- For Foreign and NRI candidates, General Management Programme along with Business Management and Human Resource Management programs are available to apply through GMAT score
Steps To Apply For XLRI Programs Through GMAT Score
- Open xatonline.in website then find and click on ‘Register for XAT 2023’ link/tab
- Enter and submit the following details
- Date of birth
- Contact details
- Email ID
- XAT ID will be generated
- XAT ID and password will be sent to candidates through SMS / email
- Candidates must keep safe their XAT ID and password for future reference
- Use XAT ID and password to access the online application
- Fill the online application carefully then verify all the details
- Scan and upload photo & signature
- Fill rest details to complete the online application form
- Select XLRI program through GMAT
- Preview your application and verify the complete application
- Modify details, if needed otherwise click on ‘Final Submit’
- Find and click on the ‘Payment’ tab
- Make payment then click on ‘Submit’ tab
- Print application form
Documents Required For Applying Online Through GMAT Score
- Academic certificates / documents
- Scanned copy of signature and photo
- GMAT score
- Credit card / debit card / Internet banking details
XAT 2023 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- XAT exam 2023 will be a computer-based test to be conducted in online mode.
- XAT exam will consist of two parts i.e. Part 1 & Part 2.
- There will be 74 questions in Part 1 and 25 questions & one essay topic in Part 2.
- Part 1 will carry multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and Part 2 will be a combination of subjective as well as objective questions.
- XAT examinees will get a break of 5 minutes between Part I and Part II.
- Every question will be of 1 mark and for every incorrect answer, 1/4th of the total marks allotted to a question will be subtracted.
- There will be also negative marking of 0.05 marks for un-attempted questions, beyond 8.
|Parts||Sections||No. of Questions||Duration||Topics|
Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation
|74||170 minutes||Permutation & combination, data sufficiency, percentage, profit & loss, polynomials, numbers, time & work, time & distance, equations, progressions, probability, bar charts & scatter plots etc.|
|Decision making||Arithmetic, situational, analytical reasoning etc.|
Verbal & logical ability
|Vocabulary, grammar, sentence correction, analogy-based on vocabulary, reading comprehension, paragraph formation questions, fill in the blanks, poem etc.|
|History, national capital, culture, books and authors, films, personalities, invention, geography, important dates, currency, science & business, current affairs, etc.|
|Essay Writing||1 topic||There will be no specific topic/syllabus. Essay topic will be abstract in nature.|
XAT Admit Card 2023
XAT aspirants who have successfully fill and submit online applications along with the registration fee can download their admit cards from 20th December 2022 onwards. For downloading XAT admit card, a candidate has to use his/her XAT ID and password. Without a valid admit card, a candidate will not be allowed to appear in the XAT online test. XAT 2023 admit card will be printed with several details as follows.
- Candidate’s personal information:
- Date of birth
- Contact details
- Exam Information:
- Test center details – Name of examination center and address
How To Download XAT Admit Card 2023?
- Open the official website of XAT @ xatonline.in
- Find and click on the ‘Admit Card’ link
- Candidates login page/window will open up
- Enter User ID and Password
- Click on the ‘Login’ tab
- Admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Download then print your XAT admit card 2023
Documents Required With XAT Admit Card
Along with XAT Admit card 2023, candidates must bring any of the following photo IDs to the exam center
- PAN card
- Driving license
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID
- Photo ID issued by current education institute or employer
XAT Exam Date and Centres
XAT exam 2023 will be conducted on 3rd Jan 2023 across India at more than 30 examination centers. A list having names of cities/examination centers where the XAT online exam will be conducted has been provided below.
|XAT 2020 Exam centres in India||International centres|
XAT Answer Key
After conducting the test successfully, XAT organizing authority i.e. XLRI will release the answer key & OMR sheet. According to the latest news, XAT official answer key will be released in the last week of January 2023.
XAT Mock Test
- XAT mock test 2023 will be uploaded by XLRI on the website xatonline.in tentatively a week before the XAT exam
- XAT exam mock test will be similar to XAT online test 2023
- Mock test will help candidates in preparing for XAT exam
- It can be accessed by using the candidate’s user ID and password
XAT Result 2023
XAT 2023 results will be announced in the 1st week of February 2023. By using XAT ID and password, candidates can check their result from the official website. After checking results, candidates can also download their scorecards.
How To Check XAT Result 2023?
- Open the official website of XAT
- Find and click on XAT result 2023
- Enter user ID and password
- Click on the ‘Login’ tab
- XAT Result 2023 will be displayed on the screen
XAT Score Card 2023
The candidate XAT scorecard 2023 will be displayed through the official website between Jan 2023 and 31 March 2023.
How To Check XAT Score Card 2023?
- Open official website @www.xatonline.in
- Find and click on the ‘Login’ tab
- The candidate login screen will appear on the screen
- Enter ‘User ID’
- Enter ‘Password’
- Click on the ‘Login’ tab
- XAT scorecard 2023 will be displayed on the screen
- Download and print your XAT scorecard 2023
XAT Participating Institutes
More than 150 B-schools in the country will accept XAT scores for admission into management courses. Names of few top XAT associates institutes are given below:
|Xavier Associate Management Institutes (XAMI)||Non-XAMI Institutes using XAT Score|
|Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi||Acharya School of Management, Bangalore|
|XLRI Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur||Aryans Business School, Punjab|
|Xavier Institute of Management, M.P.||Asia Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi|
|Xavier Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai||Asian School of Business Management, Odisha|
|Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship, Bangalore||BML Munjal University, Gurgoan|
|Xavier Institute of Management, Xavier University, Bhubaneswar||CMS B-School Jain University, Bangalore|
|Xavier Business School (XBS), St. Xavier's University ,Kolkata||EMPI Business School, Delhi|
|St.Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology, Mangalore||IMS-Noida, Noida|
|St. Joseph's Institute of Management, Bangalore||ISBR Business School, Bangalore|
|St. Francis Institute of Management and Research (SFIMR), Mumbai||Kaziranga University, Assam|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai||Krupajal Business School, Bhubaneswar|
Note: For full list of XAT participating institutes, click here.
XAT Cut Off 2023
The final cut-off will be released after the announcement of the XAT result. The cut-off percentile will be prepared after taking several factors into consideration such as the number of participants, the difficulty level of test, number of seats available in each course/program, etc. You can predict XAT cut-off 2023 by analyzing past years’ cut-off trends:
XAT Cut Off 2023 for XLRI Jamshedpur
XAT Selection Process
XAT Selection Process will include an Online test, GD round, and Personal interview. Candidates who manage to qualify the online test will be called for the GD round whereas those who also qualify the GD round will be called for the PI round. Further details of GD and PI have been provided below.
- In GD, 8 to 15 candidates will participate in order to speak on a given topic for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Topics in GD would be most probably related to politics, current affairs, trending social issues, latest technology, business, etc.
- In GD, candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their soft skills such as team management skills, communication skills, assertiveness, leadership qualities, skills to solve conflicts, etc.
Personal Interview (PI)
- Candidates will have to appear for PI if they manage to qualify GD
- It will be the last round of the selection process
- PI includes questions about candidate’s academics, background, achievements, etc.
Note – Selection process varies from institute to institute; therefore, to confirm the selection process, please pay a visit to the official website of the institute concerned
XAT Merit List 2023
On the basis of candidate’s XAT score, performance in GD & PI, academic records & work experience, the candidate will be placed on XAT merit list 2023.
XAT Counseling Procedure
No centralized counseling will happen. Candidates having XAT scorecard 2023 will have to individually apply for every participating institute as per their interest. Further updates can be obtained from the official website of the XAT exam.
XAT 2023 FAQs
Q. What Are The Dates Of XAT & XLRI Registration?
A. XAT & XLRI Registration can be done between Aug 20 and Nov 30, 2022 (without late fee) whereas with a late fee, registration can be done between Dec 01 and Dec 07 of 2022.
Q. What Is The Eligibility Criterion For Taking XAT exam 2023?
A. As on 10 June 2023, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree of 3-years’ duration or equivalent in any discipline.
Q. When XAT Result 2023 Will Be Announced?
A. XAT result 2023 will be published on the website by 31 Jan 2023.
Q. I Have Scored 49% In Graduation, Am I Eligible To Apply For XAT?
A. Yes, you are eligible and can apply for XAT.
Q. Which Institutes Will Use XAT score?
A. XAT score will be used by more than 150 institutes for the admission. To check names of institutes, please click here
Q. How Can I Edit Information Given By Me During XAT Registration 2023?
A. Once the registration form is submitted it cannot be edited.
Q. When XAT Counseling Will Happen?
A. Dates of counseling will be decided by the Institute for which you will apply using your XAT scorecard.