Cognizant Careers 2019 : Cognizant Recruitment 2019 is one of the best placement opportunities for entry level engineers as the pay scale has been hiked by 18% and the salary increased from 3.3 lakh to 4 lakh per annum. It will not be an overstatement to say that working for Cognizant is a dream getting into reality for most candidates. Understanding this, the multinational company offers employment opportunity to apply for a suitable job position for every candidate regardless of whether they are a student/those in their earlier career, professionals and also executives. Even, the company has made it easier to submit their resume online after candidates browse through the different job positions and find a suitable position based on their education, skill set and experience.
Details Of Cognizant Recruitment
|Name of the Company||Cognizant|
|Website Link||Click Here|
|Experience Requirement||Students/ Those in early career|
|Educational Qualification||Any Graduate/ Post Graduate|
|Location of Job||Across the world|
|Job Description||Entry-level Executives|
|Industry Type||IT/ ITES|
|Pay||Attractive pay package based on the job position to which a candidate applies and get placement|
Cognizant holds the pride of being a global organization but thrives to bring a local feel to each of the employee irrespective of the place in which they are placed. Cognizant follows a culture that welcomes the entrepreneurial spark and ideas of candidates. With a great value towards work-life balance, the company provides the opportunity for anyone to think big and grow. Cognizant strongly believes that the path to success of their clients comes only through the honest and open exchange of information. So, the company always motivates their associates to give an ear to ideas and share feedback. The other features like passion, empowerment, collaboration, integrity and customer focus everything makes Cognizant the best place to work for any candidate.
List Of Cognizant Jobs
At present, Cognizant has varied job openings for fresher and here is the list of openings available for fresher:
Student/ Early Career Candidates
- Programmer Analyst
- Service Desk Analyst
- Senior Process Executive-Data
- Selenium Java
Professionals can find the following job opportunities in Cognizant under different categories like business processes, consulting, corporate, digital, IT infrastructure and Technology & Engineering:
- Senior Process Executive – Voice
- Associate – Projects
- Process Executive – Voice
- Senior Associate – Projects
- Manager – Projects
- Process Executive – Data
- Senior Associate – Internal Audit
- Manager – CS
- Trainer Java (Full Stack)
- Team Leader
- Team Manager
- Process Specialist
- Process Executive
- Junior Data Analyst
- Trainee – Junior Data Analyst
- Process Associate
- Service Now Developer
- Service Now Orchestration Developer
- Performance Architect
- Service Now Developer with the discovery experience
- Service Now Integration Specialist
- Service Portal Developer
- Mule soft Developer/Architect
- Engineer Full Stack
- Programmer Analyst
- Senior Manager Delivery
- Java Developers
- C++ Developers
- NET Developers
In this way, many job openings are posted by Cognizant on the Careers website of the company to pick up the best talents to work for the organization.
Cognizant Eligibility Criteria
Cognizant is one of the top most recruiters in India in the field of information technology. Interested candidate must know the company’s eligibility criteria to appear in the recruitment process.
- The Candidate should have a minimum score of 50% marks in their 10th or 12th academic year.
- The candidate needs to have 60% score in their graduation level.
- A maximum gap permissible in the academic studies of the candidate after 12th should be maximum of 1 year and there should be no gap after 10th or in between semesters of graduation.
- Only full time courses will be taken into consideration in graduation to appear for cognizant recruitment. If the student has done graduation through part time or the correspondence courses, they will not be eligible.
- The candidate must be pursuing any full time courses like the B.E./B.Tech in any discipline (Civil, IT, ME, EEE, Telecom).
- M.Sc. Graduate in Information technology and Computer science can also apply.
- MCA Graduate can also apply.
- The candidate pursuing their full time graduation course should be recognised by the State/Central Government of India.
- The candidate needs to have excellent communication skills and Interpersonal skills.
- A candidate who is applying should not have any pending backlogs at the time of appearing for Cognizant selection process.
Cognizant Recruitment Policies
- If the candidate has given the interview within 6 months from the date of release of new application form, then he/she is not eligible to apply
- If the Cognizant rejects the application of the candidate for some reason, then the candidate become ineligible for 6 months
- The candidate become ineligible for the next 6 months if the candidate gets rejected in the interview by Cognizant
- If the applicant even after applying could not attend the interview round for some reason, then he/she can apply again and attend the selection process.
- 2 copies of candidate updated resume copy
- 3 Passport Size Coloured Photograph
- The candidates original mark sheet of 10th, 12th and Graduation are required at the time of Interview along with xerox copies
- The candidate original identification proof (Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Pan Card and Passport)
Cognizant recruit thousands of candidates on various posts and for the year 2019, company will hire approximately 16000 candidates. It is expected that nearly 3 lakh people will compete for 16000 vacancies in Cognizant. The competition will be much higher compared to the last year. On an average Cognizant hire 15000 – 20000 people every year.
Cognizant On Campus Drive
Cognizant visit various reputed institutes/universities to conduct on campus placement drives to recruit into entry level jobs such as programmer analyst trainee etc. The selection process includes written test, Technical Interview, HR Interview.
Cognizant Off Campus Drive
Cognizant Off Campus drive will be held from time to time across the country in designated offices of Cognizant for the posts of Graduate trainee, Programmer Analyst Trainee and Engineer trainee for 2018 & 2019 batch of M.Tech /MCA/ B.Tech/ B.E/ M.E/ any other graduates. Candidates must check and satisfy the eligibility criteria such as minimum pass percentage of 50% in academics from 10th to 12th and 60% in Graduation/ Post-Graduation and the gap in academics should not exceed 1 year after 12th and should possess strong oral communication and written skills.
The candidate can follow the below mentioned steps for easily applying for Off Campus Drive, given below is the Cognizant Registration Process
- Visit the official website @www.cognizant.com
- Click on the “Career” tab which is present at the top of the Page
- A screen appears, find the Cognizant Off Campus Drive
- Open the link and go through the entire details
- Enter the required information and apply for the nearest location possible
- Recheck the entire details entered
- Click on the submit button
- Save the registration form safely
- Take a print out too
Cognizant Recruitment Process
General recruitment process of Cognizant consists of,
- Written test (Accept AMCAT Scores)
- Group Discussion
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
- Final Selection
I. Written Test
Cognizant recruitment written test for different roles are as follows.
AMCAT is the Aspiring Minds Computer Adaptive Test. Candidates should follow the below mention steps for applying for AMCAT Test.
- Visit the official website of AMCAT
- The candidate needs to fill the registration form under ‘Book your AMCAT’ or click on ‘Schedule AMCAT’ option
- Fill all required details such as Name, Email, Mobile number and Select Degree and Completion year
- Click on ‘Continue’
- Pay the Exam fee Rs. 900 online via available options
- The Candidates can pay fee through demand draft also
- Choose your preferred AMCAT exam slot
- Save the AMCAT 16-digit code generated online for future Reference.
AMCAT Test Pattern
Cognizant follows AMCAT based test pattern for both On campus and Off campus placements.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Time Duration (minutes)|
Merit Trac Pattern
Merit Trac pattern has been discontinued from September 2018.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Time Duration|
|Verbal Ability||25||60 minutes|
Associate Roles Test Pattern
|Sections||Number of Questions||Time Duration|
|Automata Programming||2 to 4||60-90|
- On campus – 7 Questions on Debugging
- Off campus – 2 Questions on Automata fix
II. Group Discussion
Group discussion is the second round of the Selection process and the number of candidates for this round ranges from 15 to 20. In the group discussion round, the group of students are given a specific topic which needs to get discussed among the group. The candidates need to present their points and panel can specifically ask a particular person to present his/her views in between the discussion.
III. Technical Interview
In this round the candidate technical capabilities are checked out like C, DBMS and JAVA. In general, in the technical round panel ask for the candidate favourite subject also in which the candidate can speak elaborately. The questions can also be asked from the candidate internship programs and from the project which he/she has completed in the final year.
IV. HR Interview
HR Interview is the final round of the selection process in which the panel or the HR ask you details of your personality, education, family, work experience, general knowledge, hobbies and internship. It is advised to the candidate to be very honest in this round and give answers in a most accurate way possible.
V. Final Selection
The performance of the candidate during the entire selection process is calculated. The candidate who successfully qualify all the phases of the selection process finally get placed.
For Fresher’s and Experienced Professionals
- Once you submit your resume or once you apply for a job position, the recruitment team at Cognizant will review all the resumes received for the opening.
- Then, the team will contact the shortlisted candidates for further evaluation.
- In case, you have applied for a technical position, you will have to undergo technical interviews with technical experts at Cognizant. During the assessment, you might be asked to take an on online test or written test.
- Once you get through the interview and test, an independent agency will conduct a detailed personal and educational background check on you and other candidates, who have been selected before the company issues the offer letter.
To make sure that Cognizant hires the best candidate for each position, the recruitment team at the company adheres to stringent evaluation process when hiring. So, the team of recruiters from this tech giant will evaluate your application to identify how closely your credentials match the need of the role for which you have applied. If it is found by the team that you are a good fit, you will be contacted by the recruitment team to take it forward.
To complete the recruitment formalities, you will have to confirm your acceptance of the job offer made by Cognizant. Once the company receives your confirmation, they will start initiating your on boarding process. On the basis of where you are located, you will be asked by the company to furnish suitable documentation before you join.
Cognizant Jobs : How to Apply?
- If you are a student or a person in your early career, you can apply for a job position with Cognizant by visiting the careers page of the company @ careers.cognizant.com/in/en.
- On this page, you will find three options. The first option is “student/early career”, the second is “professionals” and the third option is “Executives”
- As you are a fresh graduate or postgraduate, you will have to click on the link that says “Students/Early Career”.
- When you click on this link, you will be prompted to choose your qualification like “undergraduates”, “Masters level” or “Entry Level/Early Career”. Based on your choice, you will be taken to a web page.
- The page will have the list of job openings available for candidates under this category. You can just click on the position for which you are interested in applying. When you do this, you will be taken to a page that contains complete details about the position along with the link that states “Apply Now”.
- Before you click on the “Apply Now” button make sure that you read all the details given in the job description page for the position. Even, you will find an option called “Save Job”, which you can save for future reference.
- When you click on the “Apply Now” option, you will find the privacy agreement of Cognizant showing up. Read and understand before you click the “I Accept” option.
- Once you click “I Accept”, you will be taken to a page that will recommend you to upload your resume. Just click on the “upload file” option if you have your resume in your system or even you can click on the appropriate link to download your resume from “LinkedIn”, “Dropbox” or “Skydrive”.
- Provide your personal information like your first name, last name and other details asked and click on the “Next” option. Fill up the required details in the resulting page and “submit” your resume.
- If you are experienced, you can look and apply for the job positions under any of these two categories.
- When you click on any of these links, you will be taken to a page that asks you to choose your passion.
- You can choose the appropriate passion from different options like “business processes, consulting, corporate, digital, IT Infrastructure and Technology & Engineering”
- When you click on the suitable link, you will be taken to a page that contains the list of job openings available in the appropriate field.
- When you click on any one of these positions, you will get complete details about the position. You can check whether the position will suit you before you click on the “Apply Now” Option.
- You will be taken to a page that contains the privacy agreement of Cognizant. Just read this and you can move on from this page to the next page only when you read it and click on the “I Agree” option.
- When you click on this option, you will be prompted to upload your resume. You can do this either from your own system or from LinkedIn, Skydrive of DropBox.
- Provide your basic details like your first name, last name and other details asked and click on the “Next” option. Fill up the required details in the resulting page and “submit” your resume.
If a candidate finds that there is no job opening available as per his/her qualification, he/she can still submit the resume to Cognizant on their website. They can use page for uploading their resume and the professionals at Cognizant will contact them if a suitable job position becomes available.
Cognizant always feels happy about celebrating the success of the employees. The company is also passionate about fostering professional and personal growth for employees by offering the following things in their career:
- Chances to pursue open positions with the company
- Chances to pursue higher studies or industry certifications that are closely related to the career progression
- Well-defined role enhancement programs
- Career Planning
So, a career with Cognizant is not just well paid, but it is also growth-oriented for sure.
Cognizant post wise salary details are tabulated below.
|Post Name||Avg. Salary [INR/Month]|
|Programmer Analyst Trainee||9,250||36,416|
|Senior Systems Engineer||27,416||84,916|
|Senior Software Engineer||29,083||1,59,916|
|Senior Process Executive||15,000||55,000|
|Program Analyst Trainee||28,166||48,000|
|Senior Business Analyst||42,416||1,66,833|
|Senior Systems Executive||17500||1,45,500|
Cognizant Training and Development
In their career with Cognizant, candidates are recommended to take up training and development programs. So, the company offers a wide spectrum of development and learning programs to employees to help them enhance and augment their capabilities and skills and to adapt themselves to varied business challenges. These include:
- Leadership development programs to develop and nurture a pool of successful industry leaders.
- Instructor-led focused online courses to develop knowledge on the specific domain, soft skills and technical expertise. Most importantly, these initiatives are supported by external and internal certifications.
- Specialized training programs for supporting the integration of all employees into the dynamic business environment at Cognizant.
Cognizant Careers FAQs
Q. Is It Possible To Apply For Job Positions Across Locations With Cognizant?
A. Yes, it is possible as Cognizant is a global company. The company serve the clients across the international delivery model. So, if a candidate meets the local regulatory requirements in a specific location, he/she can feel free to apply for positions across different locations.
Q. Is It Possible To Apply For More Than A Single Job Position At The Same Time With Cognizant?
A. Yes, Cognizant allows candidates to do it as the company believes that every individual reaching them with the requirement of a job brings multiple talents and strengths that can make a difference to the customers. So, if a candidate feels himself/herself fit for multiple positions, he/she can feel free to apply to land in any position.