HCL Careers 2021 [Walkin Jobs, Interview, Vacancies] : HCL Technologies Limited is an Indian multinational company founded in the year 1976 as a research and development unit of HCL (Hindustan Computers Limited). It later separated and emerged as an independent entity in the year 1991 when HCL marked its advent into the software services business. For the past 42 years, HCL has continuously diversified its operations and is now employer to over 2 lakh employees across the globe.
HCL recruits candidates from a variety of IT and non-IT backgrounds at the graduation and post-graduation levels to fill in a variety of posts through both their on-campus and off-campus drives. The company is always on the lookout for candidates who have the zeal and ability to grow and learn along with the company. Candidates once selected can be posted anywhere in the country where the company operates based on the requirement and vacancy available.
HCL Recruitment Details
|Name of the recruiting company||HCL Technologies Ltd.|
|Required experience||Both fresher candidates and experienced candidates hired|
|Qualification||Graduation and/or Post-graduation|
|Work Location||Anywhere in the country|
|Job Description||As per the requirement of the post|
|Type of industry||IT and Non-IT industry|
|Salary package||Best in the industry|
About HCL Company
HCL Technologies Limited is an India based multinational company headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. It was earlier established as a research and development unit of HCL (Hindustan Computers Limited). It later separated and emerged as an independent entity in the year 1991 when HCL marked its advent into the software services business.
HCL has diversified its operations in 44 countries like the USA, France, the UK, etc with an employee strength of nearly 2 lakh employees. According to the data collected in 2017, HCL is included in the Forbes Global 2000 list. The company has a revenue of 11 billion dollars as of 2021.
HCL provides services in the areas of IT consulting, enterprise transformation, engineering services, remote infrastructure management, research and development, cybersecurity, digital and analytics, business process outsourcing, supply chain management, etc.
Candidates are selected as employees of the company after a rigorous and tenuous selection procedure that involves a written exam, group discussions, and interview rounds. The company strives to maintain its dignity and growth and therefore selects candidates who have in-depth knowledge and relevant experience in their fields.
List Of Vacancies In HCL
HCL hires candidates to a variety of posts as per their educational qualifications and expertise in the particular field.
Candidates from both technical and non-technical backgrounds are selected for the various posts of the company. Both experienced as well as fresher candidates can apply to the uploaded posts as per the experience that has been asked for.
Vacancies At A Glance
- Senior customer service representative
- Associate BFS
- Process associate
- Sr. technical lead
- Associate consultant
- Lead engineer
- Technical lead
- SAP manager
- UNIX – IBM AIX developer
- Network engineer
- Business analyst
- Software engineer
- JAVA developer
- Senior accountant
- Business intelligence
- Solution architect
- Angular JS developer
- Senior researcher/research expert
- Data scientist, etc
Jobs In HCL : Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have a BE/B.Tech degree in any circuit branches such as CS, IT, EEE, ECE, EI, etc.
- M.Sc. and MCA candidates can also apply for the posts
- Candidates who have a BCA or B.Sc. degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Electronics, etc can also apply.
- The graduation and post-graduation degrees must be full-time courses and no correspondence or online course shall be accepted.
- Candidates must have scored 60% and above in the matriculation and higher secondary exams.
- Candidates must have scored 60% and above in their graduation and post-graduation degrees.
- A maximum of 1 year of gap in education is accepted and that too with a valid reason.
- There should be no active backlog at the time of applying for the Accenture recruitment process.
- Candidates must have knowledge about JAVA/JAVA core concepts and/or other programming languages
- Candidates must be willing and ready to relocate to any part of the country where the company is located. They must also be willing to work in shifts.
HCL Recruitment Process
Candidates who apply for the different posts can appear through the companies on campus and off campus placement drives. The General recruitment process for experienced candidates includes,
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
- Offer Roll-out
HCL conducts the on-campus placement drives to select and shortlist candidates who are about to finish their graduation and/or post-graduation and offer them first hand employment opportunities. Experienced professionals who have ample expertise in their respective fields can apply to the various posts updated by the company on their official website and can get shortlisted through the off-campus placement drives.
The selection process for fresher’s comprise a written exam, a Group discussion round followed by a technical interview, and an HR interview.
Round 1: Written Exam
The test pattern of the HCL written exam is as follows.
- There will total of 60 questions that have to be attempted in 60 minutes.
- There will be no sectional cut off nor there will be any negative marking.
- The level of the written exam will be between moderate to difficult and candidates will have to attempt each section carefully and with utmost care.
- The quantitative ability section of the paper aims to test the mathematical skills and knowledge of the candidates. This section comprises questions from topics such as algebra, ratio, and proportion, simple and compound interest, profit and loss, HCF & LCM, permutations and combinations, time speed and distance, time and work, trigonometry, height and distance, percentage, probability, etc.
- The reasoning section aims to test the logical and analytical ability, quick wit, and presence of mind of the candidates. Candidates will be tested on topics such as visual reasoning, data interpretation, and sufficiency, syllogism, coding and decoding, puzzles, graphs and charts, Venn diagrams, odd one out, analogy, sequence and series, ranking, age-related problems, etc.
- The verbal ability section is conducted to test the grammatical and English language knowledge of candidates. Questions will include reading passages, basic grammar questions such as synonyms, antonyms, idioms and phrases, paragraph completion, sentence rearrangement and correction, vocabulary, etc.
- The final section is the technical ability section which aims to test the technical know-how and knowledge of candidates. Candidates can expect questions from important concepts such as programming languages, computer programs, data structure, algorithms, etc. Candidates who have a strong hold on their concepts can clear this section successfully.
Round 2: Group Discussion
Candidates clearing the written exam round are then invited to the GD round. This round aims to test the communication and presentation skills of the candidates. Candidates will be given random topics, either industry related or general topics which they will have to debate and discuss upon presenting their thoughts and ideas on that topic.
The session can also be converted to a JAM (just a minute) session where they will have to present their ideas on a given topic in a minute or so. Candidates will be tested not just for their verbal skills instead of their confidence level and their presentation of ideas will also be tested.
Round 3: Technical Interview Round
Candidates passing round 2 are then called upon for the technical interview. This round mainly is an extension of the technical ability section. Candidates will be tested based on their in-depth knowledge of their basic concepts and their technical know-how. This is the round where the chances for elimination is the most. Candidates must therefore have a stronghold over all their concepts and they should be clear with their subject.
Candidates will have to brush up a variety of important concepts such as programming languages, computer programs, data structure, algorithms, database management systems, operating systems, networking, OOP’s concepts, etc. Candidates may also be tested for their knowledge of coding and therefore may also be asked to attempt codes in a given time frame. Candidates who belong to branches other than CS/IT must prepare other core subjects related to their field of study.
Round 4: HR Round
This is the last and culminating round of the entire selection procedure which involves a face-to-face interview with the HR of the company. The HR round is a totally impromptu round where candidates can expect the unexpected. There are no specific set of questions that may suffice this round nor are there any given set of questions that the interviewer may or may not ask. Candidates can clear this round by sheer confidence, knowledge, and presence of mind.
HR may put up questions regarding the educational background and personal background of the candidates. Other range of questions may include questions such as their skills and abilities, strengths and weaknesses, general questions such as why should we hire you, why have you chosen this particular company, what do you know about the company and their operations, etc. Candidates can also be cross-questioned on the details and facts presented by them in their resume which they will have to answer in a way that convinces the interviewer successfully. All those who clear all these rounds are then offered the final letter of appointment by the company.
How To Apply For Jobs Posted By The Company?
For Fresher Candidates
The company hires fresher candidates who are in their final year of graduation and /or post-graduation to fill in their various initial level posts. Candidates thus bag an offer even before their degree gets completed. Candidates can expect to learn and grow along with the company with the help of the various training programs which candidates are put through before they finally join the company to work.
HCL visits a variety of reputed college and university campuses in search of candidates who fit into their description of candidates who are a blend of skills and abilities, knowledge, and the zeal to learn. Candidates who appear for the on-campus placement drives are put to rigorous tests and interview rounds based on which they are finally hired by the company.
For Experienced Professionals
Candidates who have ample experience in their respective fields have good chances of getting hired by HCL. The company keeps on posting and updating the recent vacancies and job openings that are to be filled in through off-campus placement drives.
Candidates will have to keep on checking the official career related website @www.hcltech.com/careers for all the regular updates and information. Candidates can check all the job updates posted and then apply to the most desirable one as per their qualifications and preferences. Once sufficient applications are received, the company shortlists and invites the most desirable candidates for the hiring process.
How To Search For Vacancies?
- Visit the official career related website of HCL @www.hcltech.com/careers
- Click on the tab that mentions ‘careers’.
- A drop-down menu will appear.
- From the drop menu, select the option that mentions ‘current openings’.
- A list of options of various countries and areas appears. Select your choice of country.
- All the current openings posted by the company shall appear.
- Go through them and apply to the most desirable post.
How To Apply or Sign in?
- Visit the official career related website of HCL @ www.hcltech.com/careers.
- Click on the tab that mentions ‘careers’.
- A drop down menu will appear.
- From the drop menu, select the option that mentions ‘current openings’.
- When the apply part for the selected post appears, candidates will have to first sign in by clicking the ‘don’t have an account option’.
- Candidates will then have to enter the necessary details such as email ID, password to be set, security questions, and then finally click on sign in.
The process is now complete and you have signed in to the company’s website. All candidates who have registered themselves on the company’s website will also receive real time updates and notifications from time to time regarding newly updated jobs and upcoming vacancies.
Documents To Be Carried
All candidates will have to bring with them the original copies and self-attested photocopies of the following mentioned documents.
- A recently updated copy of the resume of the candidate
- Recently clicked colored passport size photographs (minimum 2-3)
- A government approved photo identity proof such as PAN, Aadhar, Voter ID, Driving license, passport, etc.
- All academic qualification related degrees, certificates, and mark sheets
- Any other relevant certificate/degrees
HCL post-wise average monthly salary is tabulated below.
|Post Name||Avg. Salary [INR/Month]|
|Senior Software Engineer||12416||111000|
|Member of Technical Staff||20416||107416|
|Senior Technical Lead||34916||165666|
|Member Technical Staff||22916||58334|
|Senior Project Manager||117250||234333|
|Senior Test Engineer||40500||78166|
HCL Technologies Ltd.
Technology Hub, SEZ
Plot No. 3A, Sector 126
Noida – 201304, India
|Hcl Careers Page||Click Here|
|Current Openings in India||Click Here|
|Current Openings in Bangalore||Click Here|
|Current Openings in Noida||Click Here|
|Current Openings in Chennai||Click Here|
|Current Openings in Madurai||Click Here|
|Current Openings in Lucknow||Click Here|
|Current Openings in Nagpur||Click Here|