Goa CET 2019 :
In the state of Goa, The Directorate of Technical Education of Government of Goa is the authoritative body for conducting the Goa Common Entrance Test 2019. Every year, this entrance exam is conducted in the month of May to provide admission in the course of engineering. The admission is offered in many Government, government aided and private colleges in the state.
The selected candidates will get the admission in one of the following branches of Bachelor of Engineering:
- E. Information Technology
- E. Mining
- E. Civil
- E. Mechanical
- E. Electrical and Electronics
- E. Electronics and Communication
- E. Electronics and Telecommunication
- E. Computer
GCET 2019 Important Dates
|Commencement of filling GCET application form 2019||I week of April 2019|
|Last date for the submission of GCET application form 2019 at the Reception Centres||I week of April 2019|
|Collecting GCET 2019 admit cards||I week of April 2019|
|Last date for receiving GCET application form 2019 with late fee and issue of admit card||Last week of April 2019|
|GCET 2019 Exam Date||II week of May 2019|
|Announcement of GCET 2019 result||III week of May 2019|
|Commencement of receiving application form for the admission at specified location||III week of May 2019|
|Last Date for receiving application form for the admission at the specified location||Last week of May 2019|
|Release of Eligibility List||I week of June 2019|
|Release of Provisional List||II week of June 2019|
|Release of Final List of merit for admission||III week of June 2019|
|I round of admission||III-IV week of June 2019|
|II round of admission||II-III week of July 2019|
|III round of admission||II week of August 2019|
GCET 2019 Eligibility
- Candidates must have the Indian Citizenship
- NRI candidates who are having Indian Passport are also eligible to apply
- Candidates of Indian Origin or Overseas Citizens of India are also eligible to apply for GCET 2019.
GCET 2019 Age
There is no age limit for the admission in the courses of Bachelor of Engineering as well as pharmacy courses.
- The candidates who are interested in applying must have passed 10+2 either from the Goa Board or Central Board of Secondary Education
- The minimum marks obtained in 10+2 must be 45%. But for the candidates of the reserved category, the minimum marks are 40%
- These minimum marks are the aggregate marks of Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science/Chemistry/Bio-technology.
GCET 2019 Application Form
GCET application form 2019 will be available either on the official website or at the reception centre. But the mode of submission of application form is offline only.
How To Fill GCET 2019 Application?
- The candidates will download the GCET 2019 application form from the official website. The official website is dte.goa.gov.in. However, one can also get the application form from the reception centre
- They have to fill the GCET application form in their own handwriting
- After filling the application form completely, they will submit the GCET application form 2019 at the specific location
- This form must have the DD of RS 1800 which must be payable at Panaji, in favor of “Director of Technical Education” drawn on any Scheduled Bank.
GCET 2019 Exam Pattern
In the entrance exam of GCET 2019, the exam paper will have the following exam pattern:
- There will be 3 papers comprising Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- The time allotted for each paper will be two hours.
- There will be only Multiple Choice Questions.
- For each correct answer, the candidates will be rewarded with 1 mark.
- For any of the wrong answers, there is no provision of negative marking.
- GCET 2019 will be pen and paper mode. No online mode of the exam.
|Name of Paper||Total Number of Questions||Total Marls|
The selection of candidates will be made on the basis of merit list and counselling process. The candidates will be called for counselling as per the scores and ranks obtained in GCET 2019. After the counselling, the candidates will get the allotted college and branch of engineering.
GCET 2019 Syllabus
In the entrance exam of GCET 2019, all the three papers will cover the following topics:
- Solid State
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- p-Block Elements
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- d and f – Block elements
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism
- Current Electricity
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Communication Systems
- Electronic Devices
- Relations and Functions
- Linear Programming
- Vector and 3D Geometry
GCET Admit Card 2019
The candidates who will successfully submit the GCET application form 2019 will get the GCET hall ticket 2019 from the reception centre. The applicants must know that there is no online mode for downloading the GCET admit card 2019. They have to collect them from the reception centre only.
They should bring GCET admit card on the day of the exam as they will not be allowed to give the exam without the admit card.
GCET Result 2019
The result for GCET 2019 will be released online on the official website as well as on the notice board at DTE. The candidates will not receive any score card via post. The authorities will also release the rank list on the official website and on the notice board of DTE. As per the rank of the candidates, the candidates will attend the counselling session.
The candidates who will be eligible for the counselling will bring the Form A along with the self-attested xerox copies. The self-attested Xerox copies of following documents will be needed:
- Copy of Admit card
- Acknowledgement card along with a photograph
- Copy of Aadhar Card
- Income Certificate
- Eligibility certificate from Goa University in case if applicants are other than from Goa Board.
- Birth Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Residence proof
- Class 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Photograph on the form
GCET 2019 Cut Off Marks
GCET cut off 2019 shows the minimum marks required by the candidates to pass the entrance test. DTE of Goa is the authoritative body to decide GCET cut off 2019. Rank list is prepared as per the merit order only. There are various factors which will determine the GCET cut off 2019 such as difficulty level of exam, the total number of candidates appeared for the examination, last year’s cut off, seat capacity of the institutions and the reservation policy.
The candidates who fail to meet the criteria of GCET cut off marks will not be considered as the passed candidates.