MHT CET 2021 Registration : The MHT CET 2021 Notification will be released for admission to pharmacy and engineering courses in the state of Maharashtra in 1st week of January 2021. MHT CET Selection will depend on the merit list prepared based on the scores in MHT CET entrance exam. Interested candidates must meet the eligibility criteria to apply for MHT CET.
MHT CET apply online process begin from 1st week of Jan 2021 and the last date of registration is the last week of Feb 2021. The MHT CET entrance exams for different courses will be conducted on different dates.
In the state of Maharashtra, Directorate of Technical Education is the governing body to handle the technical education. DTE conducts the state entrance exams to shortlist the candidates for the various available undergraduate courses like B. Tech, B. Arch and postgraduate courses like MBA, MMS, MCA, ME, M. Tech., M. Arch, etc. In fact, there are around 2000 education institutions in the state which consider MHT CET to provide admission in various courses.
MHT CET 2021 Important Dates
MHT CET tentative dates are tabulated heer. Interested candidates must keep a check on the official website of DTE Maharashtra for the actual dates.
|MHT CET Description||Tentative Date|
|Application Process Begins||1st week of Jan 2021|
|Last Date for submission of application online||Last week of Feb 2021|
|Issue of admit card||Last week of April 2021|
|Exam date||In the month of May 2021|
|Result Declaration||First week of June 2021|
|Starting date of counselling process||In the month of June 2021|
MHT CET 2021 Notification
MHT CET notification 2021 will be released on the official website @ http://cetcell.mahacet.org/. MHT CET application process will begin in the month of January 2021 and last till last week of Feb 2021. Candidates must check eligibility criteria of respective course they are applying for before submission of application.
MHT CET 2021 Eligibility
MH CET 2021 eligibility criteria in terms of Nationality and Educational Qualification are as follows:
The applicant must have be a citizen of India.
No age limit has been prescribed for MHT CET.
Candidates must have passed the class 12th exam or its equivalent exam from the recognized Board of the country. In addition, for the admission to engineering and pharmacy courses, candidates must have studied Physics and Mathematics in class 12th along with the optional subject of Biology/Biotechnology/Chemistry/ Vocational/ Technical.
MHT CET 2021 Application Form
Candidates who are interested in appearing for the MHT CET entrance exam need to submit the online application form. MHTET Application form will commence from 1st week of Jan 2021 and last till the last week of Feb 2021. In addition to filling up the application form, candidates are also required to pay the application fees. The application form will be considered incomplete without paying an application fee.
MHT CET – How To Apply Online?
- Visit the MHT CET official website @http://cetcell.mahacet.org/
- Click on MHT CET 2020
- Click on New Registration
- Read instructions and click ‘OK’, Registration form will be displayed
- Enter Email and Mobile number and verify through OTP sent on Email and Mobile
- Fill Parents Email Id and Mobile no. (Enter your Email if parents have no Email Id)
- Enter Candidate First Name, Father/ Guardian Name, Surname/ Last name
- Enter Mother name
- Enter candidate DOB
- Select Gender
- Enter Preferred User Name/ Login ID
- Enter and confirm Password
- Click on ‘Register’ button, a confirmation message will appear
Sign In To Account
- Go to Home page and Login using the provided Login credentials – Enter Login ID, Password, Captcha and click on Sign in to account
- Dashboard will appear, Click on ‘Proceed’
- Read details of fee and instructions and click on Proceed, OK
- Personal details will populate automatically
- Enter Permanent and Correspondence address
- Select other details – Indian National (Yes/ No), Category (If SC/ST/ BC – select do you possess Caste certificate/ NCL )
- Select Religion
- Select Person with Disability (If yes, select type, require scribe, require extra time, family annual income)
- Enter bank account details
- SSC qualification details and marks, percentage, year, school name, dist. taluka etc.
- HSC qualification details
- Select Subject PCM/ PCB/ Both
- Question paper language
- Faculty preference, State, Dist preference
- Click on ‘Submit’
- Upload scanned photo (50-50 kb) along with the scanned signature (5-20 kb) as per the specification (JPEG format), click on ‘ok’
- Click on ‘Make Payment’, Check fee details and click on ‘Submit’
- Download Fee receipt after payment
- Application process is complete
- Candidate can cancel application by using OTP confirmation
- Scanned photo (50-50 kb), JPEG
- Scanned signature (5-20 kb), JPEG
- 10th, HSC details
MHT CET 2021 Application Fee
- General Category Candidates belonging from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS) and J & K Migrant candidates will have to pay RS 800.
- On the contrary, candidates of Backward Class Categories such as SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC and Physically Challenged Candidates from the state of Maharashtra only will pay RS 600.
- Keep in mind that individuals can pay only via online mode. This fee will not be refunded back in any of the circumstances.
MHT CET 2021 Exam Pattern
MHT CET test is conducted offline. It is important to have knowledge about the exam pattern to prepare for the exam.
- Total Number of questions –300
- Questions will be asked from Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
- Time duration: 90 minutes
- Type of questions: MCQs
- No negative marking.
- Paper 1 will be in the English Language only. However, the other two papers; Paper 2 and Paper 3 will be in English, Hindi, and Marathi Language.
|Name of Paper||Name of Subject||Number of Questions||Marks for each question||Total Marks|
|Paper 2||Physics + Chemistry||50+50||1||100|
MHT CET 2021 Syllabus
The MHT CET 2021 syllabus will be available on the official website. In general, the syllabus focuses on the subjects of class 11th and class 12th. To get the latest MHT CET 2021 syllabus, please go through the official website of MHT CET 2021.
- Force, Measurements, Scalars and Vectors, Friction in Solids and Liquids, Refraction of Light and Magnetism, Magnetic Effect of Electric Current, Ray Optics.
- Sound Waves, Electrostatics, Wave Theory of Light, Electrostatics, Electromagnetic Waves, Projectile Motion, Gravitation, Rotational Motion, Thermal Properties of Matter, Circular Motion, Oscillations, Stationary Waves, Wave Motion, Current Electricity, Elasticity, Surface Tension, Kinetic Theory of Gases and Radiation, Electromagnetic Inductions, Atoms, Magnetic Effects of Electric Current, Magnetism, Interference and Diffraction, Current Electricity, Semiconductors, Molecules, Electrons and Photons, Nuclei, and Communication Systems.
- States of Matter: Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Redox Reactions, Gases and Liquids, Nature of Chemistry Bond Surface Chemistry, Techniques in Organic Chemistry and Basic Nature of Chemistry Bond Principles, Hydrogen, S-Block Elements, Alkanes.
- Periodic Table, Chemical Equilibrium, Aromatic Compounds, Structure of Atom, P-Block Elements, Alkenes, Alkynes, colligative properties and solutions, solid state, Energetic and chemical thermodynamics, Chemical Kinetics, Group 15 elements, D and F Block Elements, Electrochemistry, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, Phenols, Alcohols and Ether Alcohol, Ketones, Aldehydes and Carbo-oxylic Acids, Halogen Derivatives, Coordination Compounds, Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen. Biomolecules Carbohydrates, Chemistry and Polymers in Everyday Life.
- Trigonometric Functions of Compound Angles, Sets, Circle and Conics, Straight Line, Factorization Formulae, Relations and Functions, Sequences & Series, Probability.
- Vectors, Determinants, Logarithms, Locus, Measurement of Angles, Complex Numbers, Binomial Theorem and Mathematical Induction, Linear In-equations, Matrices, Permutations & Combinations, Mathematical Logic Statements, Statistics, Matrices, Differentiation, Limits, Integration, Trigonometric Functions, Pair of Straight Lines, Vectors, 3D Geometry, Plane, Line, Linear Programming Problems, Conics, Circle, Differentiation, Continuity, Applications of Definite and Binomial Distribution, Applications of Derivative, Integration.
- Diversity in Organisms, Plant Growth & Development, Biochemistry of Cell, Water Relations & Mineral Nutrition.
- Organization of Cell, Animal Tissues, Human Respiration, and Human Nutrition.
- Structural Organization in Plants and Plant Physiology, and Structure and Function of Cell, Diversity of Living world.
- Structural Organization in Animals and Human Physiology, Structure and Function of Cell, and Diversity in the Living World.
Download MHT CET 2021 syllabus pdf
MHT CET 2021 Selection Process
MHT CET selection will be based on the merit in the written exam. After the entrance exam, the result will be announced that contain qualified candidates roll numbers. Candidates who pass the exam will be called for counseling and seat will be allocated based on their rank, vacancy, and choice.
MHT CET 2021 Admit Card
MHT CET 2021 admit cards will be released by the authorities of DTE, Maharashtra. It will get released at least 10 days before the exam date. Candidates who have filled the application form completely will be able to download the admit card. Admit cards can be downloaded only by entering valid login credentials.
After downloading, candidates must check the personal information like name and DOB. If there are any issues with personal information, they should contact the authorities for correcting it. Admit card is a mandatory document that must be carried in the exam hall.
- Visit MHT CET Website
- Click on MHT CET Admit Card 2021
- Enter Login Details – Login Id and Password and click on Submit
- Download MHT CET admit card and print it
MHT CET 2021 Result
The appeared candidates will be able to check the MHT CET results on the official website. Enter login credential details/ Application No. and Date of Birth to check MHTET result and get the scorecard.
- Visit MHT CET website
- Click on MHT CET Result
- Enter Application No. and Date of Birth, Retrieve if forgotten
- Enter Security Key and Click on Submit
- Result will be displayed
- Download scorecard
Details on MHT CET Scorecard
- Name of the candidate
- Application Number
- Qualifying status
- Aggregate score
- Obtained Rank
- Reservation Category
- Paper-wise score
Merit List, Tie Breaking and Normalization of Marks
MHT CET will be conducted in multiple sessions, hence normalization of marks takes place. MHT CET Merit list will be prepared based on the rank opted by the candidate and called for counseling.
In the case of a tie of marks in the written exam, the following order of preference will be followed to break a tie.
- Less incorrect attempts in Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics, and Physics
- Less incorrect marks in Biology/Mathematics
- Less incorrect attempts in Chemistry
- Higher marks in 12th class
- older in age will get preference
MHT CET 2021 Cut-off
To shortlist the candidates for counseling and admission, authorities will release the cut off marks for MHT CET 2021. Candidates who will acquire the cut off marks will be selected to participate in the admission process.
MHT CET 2021 provisional answer key will be released a few weeks after the written exam and expected in May 2021. Candidates can download MHT CET Answer Key from the website of MHT CET and check with the question paper against the option selected. The approximate score can be calculated with the Answer Key. Candidates can raise objections if any, and final MHT CET answer key will be released after evaluating objections.
- Visit MHT CET Website
- Click on MHT CET Result
- Click on MHT CET 2021 Answer Key
- Download and cross-check with the options you have selected to calculate the score
MHT CET counseling will be conducted by State CET cell, Maharashtra through the CAP (Centralized Allotment Process). Candidates qualified in MHT CET need to register on the SAAR portal and attend the counseling. MHT CET seat allotment will be based on the merit list and preference of the candidate.
Step 1: Registration
- New Registration
- Type of candidature details
- Exam details and Qualification details
- Upload scanned images
- Payment of counseling fee (General – Rs.800, Reserved/ PwD – Rs. 600, NRI, PIO, OCI, Foreign National – Rs. 5000)
- Print out of counseling application form
Step 2: Report at AFC (Admission Facilitation Centre) for Document Verification
- Original and Photocopies of one set of documents
- Counseling Application Form print out
- MHT CET Rank Card
- MHT CET Admit Card
- 10th/ 12th Certificates
- Caste/ Character/ Migration/ School leaving/ Domicile Certificate wherever applicable
Step 3: Selection of College and course choice (1-300 options)
Step 4: Seat allotment Process – Online Publication of result of seat allotment
Step 5: Report at Admission Reporting Centre Excercise Freeze, Slide, Float options
- Freeze – didn’t want to participate in the further rounds of counseling
- Slide – Accept the seat and open to higher preferred course within the same institute
- Float – Accept the allotted seat but interested in higher preference course and Institute in further rounds
Step 6: Reporting at Allotted College/ Institue – Completing the admission process, payment of the balance fee
MHT CET 2021 Books
Below we have provided a few very important MHT CET 2021 books. After preparing yourself from these MHT CET 2021 books, you can easily crack MHT CET 2021 exam-
- Chemistry for MHT CET (MCQ) by Author – Mayur Mehta and Chitra Joshi
- Pradnya’s Objective Mathematics by C. S. Patil
- Marvel Physics for Medical & Engineering Entrance Exam by A. J. Bapat