Assam Police 2018 Recruitment & Application Form :
Good news for people having educational qualification of Higher Secondary/intermediate and above. The State Level Police Recruitment Board in Assam is going to conduct year’s largest police recruitment event. Interested candidates can apply online in between May 2nd to June 2nd 2018. Before going to apply online, candidates are requested to understand few important things about Assam police recruitment 2018 such as eligibility criteria, important dates, application form, process, fee & mode of payment, admit card & result.
Assam Police Recruitment 2018 Quick look
|Examination name||Assam Police Recruitment 2018|
|Conducted by||Office of the Chairman, State Level Police Recruitment Board, Assam|
|Notification released on||April 25th, 2018|
|Post name||Constable (Armed/Un-Armed Branch)|
|Total number of vacancies||5494|
|Online application process will starts from||May 2nd, 2018|
|Last date||June 2nd, 2018|
|Call letter for PST/PET will be available to download from||-|
|Results of the PST and PET will be declared on||-|
|Admit card for written test will be available from||-|
|Written test will be held on||-|
|Final result will be announced on||-|
|Apply online @||www.assampolice.gov.in|
Assam Police Recruitment 2018 Official Notification
On 25th April 2018, office of the Chairman, State Level Police Recruitment Board, Assam, has released an official notification for recruitment of eligible candidates on the vacant posts of Constable (Armed/Un-Armed Branch) in Assam Police. Candidates can read and download official notification by clicking here.
Assam Police Recruitment 2018 Vacancies
According to Assam police recruitment 2018 official notification, there are total 5494 vacant posts of Constable in Assam Police to be filled through this recruitment event. Organization-wise number of vacancies is given below:
|Organization name||Number of vacancies|
|Unarmed Branch of District Executive Force (DEF)||1851|
- In both organizations, vacancies will be reserved for ST(H) 5%, ST (P) 10%, SC 7%, & OBC/MOBC 27%.
- In Unarmed Branch of DEF, 30% of the vacancies will be reserved for female applicants
- In Armed Branch, 10% of the vacancies will be reserved for female applicants
- Read official notification, to know district-wise distribution of vacancies
Assam Police Recruitment 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to appear in this recruitment event should have to fulfill as well as satisfy minimum eligibility conditions as shown below:
A candidate should be an Indian citizen, usually a resident of Assam.
Age limit & relaxation
As on 1st January of 2018, a candidate should be at least 18 years old but not more than 25. Relaxation in maximum/upper age limit will be applicable as per given below:
|Conditions||Relaxation in upper age limit (in years)|
|candidates belonging to OBC/MOBC||3|
|candidates belonging to SC, ST (P) and ST(H)||5|
|trained Home |
Guards/members of VDPs (registered)
Minimum Educational qualification
For the post of Constable (Armed Branch), candidates must have passed in class-X or H.S.L.C. examinations from a recognized Board or Council.
For the post of Constable (Unarmed Branch of District Executive Force), candidates should have passed in H.S. or Class XII from a recognized Board or Council.
Candidates applying for constable post should be physically as well as mentally healthy. They are free from diseases like piles, hernia, diabetes and other respiratory diseases. Candidates should not be color blind and have not squint eyed, flat foot or knocked knee. A candidate’s near vision should be normal and the distant sight should be 6/6 for at least one eye and not poorer than 6/9 for the other without correction.
|Chest (Only for men)||Normal||Expanded|
|Candidates belonging to ST(H) category||78 cm||83 cm|
|Candidates belonging to Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC/ST(P) etc||80 cm||85|
|ST(H)/ ST(P)||160.02 cm||152.40 cm|
|Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC||162.56 cm||154.94 cm|
Assam Police Recruitment 2018 Application Fee & Mode Of Payment
It will be the best thing about Assam Police Recruitment 2018 for most of the aspirants out there. As per official notification, there will be no application fee. Interested candidates need to fill and submit online application without bothering about application fee.
Assam Police Recruitment 2018 Application Form and Process
As per official notification, Assam police recruitment 2018 application forms will be available online from May 2nd, 2018. Once online application started, candidates will need to go to www.assampolice.gov.in/ for attempting online application. The last date for receipt of applications will be June 2nd, 2018. Aspirants are required to know that their submitted application will not be entertained after closing of online application process. The procedure to apply online is explained below in simple steps:
- Open State Level Police Recruitment Board’s official website
- On homepage, you will see different links to apply of ongoing recruitment events
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ tab available under heading ‘Recruitment of Constable (Un-Armed Branch / Armed Branch) In Assam Police, 2018’.
- You will see a new page having a log in and registration form along with important instructions for candidates
- Before initiating online application process, read the provided instructions carefully
- Log in form is available for existing users and registration form is for new users
- Since you are a new user therefore start filling registration form
- In registration form, you will have to enter the following details- first, middle & last name, mobile number, email address etc.
- After entering all the details, now, click on the ‘Submit’ tab
- You will see a pop up message and receive a confirmation mail having activation link
- Open mail and click on the activation link
- On opening activation link, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile no
- Enter the OPT and click on the ‘Submit’ tab
- Instantly, you will get a login page with a heading that ‘Your Account Has Been Activated’
- Now, enter your email ID or mobile no. and password
- Click on the ‘Login’ tab
- You will see your dashboard
- Click on the ‘Apply online’ tab
- You will see ongoing recruitment events
- Now, select the appropriate options and click on the ‘Go Next’ tab
- Enter further personal details
- Upload documents
- Review application form and submit it
- Don’t forget to print your final submitted application form
Things necessary for attempting online application
- Valid email ID and working mobile number for new registration
- Caste certificate
- Scanned copies of latest photo & signature
- HSLC certificate for proof of Age
- Other necessary supportive documents
Assam Police Recruitment 2018 Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure
Firstly, there will be scrutiny of documents. At the time of PST/PET, candidates should have to bring all the original documents along with their photo copies. After documents verification, a candidate will have to appear in Physical Standards Tests (PST). No marks are assigned for PST. In PST, candidate’s physical measurements will be done. Later, a Medical Officer will examine candidate to perform medical test.
Candidates qualified in physical measurement and medical test round will have to undergo PET. Physical efficiency test will be of 40 marks and consists of two events:
|Gender||Race||Minimum long jump in cm (chances)|
|Male||3.2 km in 14 minutes||335 (3)|
|Female||1600 metres in 8 minutes||244 (3)|
Documents to be bring at the time of PST/PET
- High School mark sheet/passing certificate for proof of age
- HSLC passing certificate or mark sheet if applying for Constable (Armed branch)
- Higher secondary/12th passing certificate or mark sheet if applying for Constable (For DEF, Unarmed Branch)
- Certificate of sports, games etc. (if any)
- NCC certificate
- Caste certificate issued by the respective authority
- Other working certificates issued by competent authority
After qualifying PET/PST, candidates will be called for a written test. It will consist of 100 MCQs of total 50 marks. It will be held in pen & paper mode. MCQs will be of class 9th & 10th level. It will be held across the state. However, the date of written test is yet to be released.
Assam Police Recruitment 2018 Admit Card
The office of the Chairman, State Level Police Recruitment Board, Assam, will issue a separate call letter for each examination viz. PET/PST and written test. But admit card/call letter will not be sent by post or any other mode. Candidates itself need to download their admit card from recruitment board’s official website.
Assam Police Recruitment 2018 Final Results
Date of announcement of final results will be declared by recruitment board. Final results would be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by a candidate as follows:
- PET marks- maximum 40 marks
- Written test- maximum 50 marks
- Extra-curricular activities and special skills- maximum 10 marks
Candidates having trouble while attempting online application process can get help by dialing any of the below given helpline nos.
- 7636071991, 7636071992, 7636071993 (09.00 AM – 06.00 PM)
- Whatsapp No.: 7636071991 (09.00 AM – 06.00 PM)
We wish you best of luck for Assam Police Recruitment 2018