CUSAT Admission 2019 Apply Online :
In the year 1971, the Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) was established which focuses on education’s quality in the disciplines of science and technology. It has three campuses at Trikkakara, Kochi and Alleppey in which campus at Trikkakara is the main one.
The Cochin University of Science and Technology has ten disciplines in which admission to the interested and eligible candidates are offered. These are as follows:
- School of Engineering
- Cochin University College of Engineering, Kuttanad
- Kunjali Marakkar School of Marine Engineering
- Environmental Studies
- School of Legal Studies
- Department of Atmospheric Sciences
- Department of Chemical Oceanography
- Department of Physical Oceanography
- Department of Marine Biology, Microbiology and Biochemistry
- Department of Marine Geology and Geophysics
- School of Industrial Fisheries
- Medical Science and Technology
- Department of Applied Chemistry
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Applied Economics
- School of Management Studies
- Department of Computer Applications
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Electronics
- Department of Instrumentation
- International School of Photonics
- Department of Polymer Science and Rubber Technology
- Department of Ship Technology
The admissions in the courses of B. Tech Lateral as well as M. Tech are offered through national entrance test, LET, JNUEE and GATE. In contrary, the admission in the management courses is offered by taking the score of national as well state entrance tests like CAT, C-MAT, KMAT and so on.
The courses offered by the university are as follows:
- First Degree Engineering Programmes (BTech)
- Dual Degree Programmes
- Post Graduate Programmes (MA, MSc, MBA, MCA etc)
- MTech Programmes
- MPhil Programmes
- PhD Programmes
- Diploma Programmes
- Certificate Programmes
CUSAT 2019 Important Dates
The Cochin University of Science and Technology will release the notice for admission at least 2-3 months before the common admission test conducted by the university itself. However, notification for admission 2019 is not released yet but taking last year’s dates for reference will assist you in the admission process.
|Release of CUSAT notification for the admission in various courses||In the First week of January 2019|
|Commencement of online CUSAT application form 2019||In the Third week of January 2019|
|Last date for the online submission of CUSAT application form||In the Third week of February 2019 (for Indian and NRI candidates)
In the last week of April 2019 (International Candidates/PIO/Children of Indian Gulf Workers)
|Release of admit cards for the admission test||In the Third week of April 2019|
|Date of examination||29th April 2019|
|Release of DAT Application Form for the courses like Ph.D., M Phil & Diploma Programmes||From the third week of January 2019 till the Third week of February 2019|
|Declaration of Result||In the last week of May 2019|
CUSAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
B. Tech Courses
- Interested candidates must be passed in 10+2 exam either from the State of Kerala or any other board examination accepted as equivalent with subjects Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as the optional subjects. The candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in Subject Mathematics and aggregate 50% marks in Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
Dual Degree Programmes
- Master of Intellectual Property (MIP), Ph.D: Applicants must have the Bachelor’s degree in Science & Technology, Management, History, Political Science, Economics and law. The applicant must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the Bachelor’s degree from any of the universities of Kerala state and any other university which is accepted by CUSAT. The candidates must have place himself in ranking in CAT organized by the University. The reserved candidates are eligible to have concessions.
- LL.M (IPR), Ph.D: Candidates must have obtain the Bachelor’s degree in Law along with the minimum 55% marks from any one of the Universities in the state of Kerala and any other university which is accepted by CUSAT. The candidates must have place himself in ranking in CAT organized by the University. The reserved candidates are eligible to have concessions.
Post Graduate Programs
- Interested candidates must have the Bachelor’s degree in the concerned discipline along with the minimum of 55% marks. However, in the case of reserved candidates, the minimum marks obtained in Bachelor’s degree are 50%.
- Applicants must have valid rank in the Common Admission Test that is conducted by the CUSAT.
CUSAT MA Admission 2019
- Aspirants who are looking for admission in the course of MA programs must have the Bachelor’s Degree in the concerned subject.
- For admission in the course of MA in Hindi Language and Literature, the aspirants must have a BA/B.Sc. degree with Hindi as one of the subjects and candidates must have scored minimum of 45% marks in Hindi.
- Candidates who are interested in MA in Translation in German/Russian, they must have a BA/B.Sc. degree along with a Diploma in the concerned language.
- Candidates who are interested in MA in Applied Economics, the candidates must have a BA Economics degree along with a minimum of 55% marks.
- The candidates who have the degree of B.Com, BBA, BBM degree along with Economics as one of the subject in Bachelor’s degree and have obtained 60% marks in aggregate are also eligible to apply for the course.
- The candidates who have the degree of B.Sc. Mathematics/Statistics along with 65% marks are eligible to apply for the course.
M. Tech Programs
- Candidates must have passed either B. Tech or B. Sc. Engg Degree exam in the concerned branch along with the minimum of 50% marks.
- Candidates must have the minimum of two year experience after getting the qualifying degree.
- Interested candidates must have obtained a Master’s degree examination in the respective subject from any of the Universities which is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or an examination that us accepted by the Academic Council and have secured a minimum 55% aggregate marks in the exam.
- The candidates of reserved category will enjoy the relaxation of 5% marks.
Ph. D Programmes
- The applicant must have a Master’s Degree from the recognized University along with 55% marks in the qualifying examination, or a CGPA of 6.0 in the 10 point scale. Candidates from SC/ST community are eligible for relaxation up to 10% marks for admission.
CUSAT 2019 Application Process
How To Apply For Admission?
The admission in the Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) for various courses available is offered either through national entrance test or test conducted by the university itself. At the time of admission, the university make the application form available online. Therefore, the interested candidates have to visit the official website and fill up the online application form.
Filling an online application form is very simple and easy. You just have to follow few simple steps to fill the application form of the Cochin University of Science and Technology via online mode. These steps are as follows:
- Firstly, the interested candidates will visit the official website of the Cochin University of Science and Technology. The official website is http://www.cusat.ac.in.
- On the home page, the candidates will click on tab of New Candidate Registration.
- On clicking the tab, a page will open in which one has to fill all the basic details of personal information along with the educational information. Make ensure that before registration, the candidates must have valid e-mail ID and mobile number. During the registration, the candidate has to select the registration criteria.
- The candidates have to select the security question from the given list of questions. Enter the answer after choosing the question.
- Aspirant will now enter the security PIN as shown on the screen.
- After that, he/she will click on the button of Confirm.
However, before clicking on the button of Confirm, one must ensure that all the information filled by him is correct and right.
- After that, the user will get the One Time Password (OTP) on his registered mobile number.
- Now, the applicant will use his mail ID as the login ID and OTP to login into the system.
- The candidates will fill all the other details of the application form. The candidates will also upload the color photograph and signature.
- Applicants will pay the online payment via Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card.
- Log out from the system as soon as the registration process gets completed.
No candidates will receive the admit card for entrance test via post. They have to download the admit card online only. Therefore, they can use their registered ID and Password to download the admit cards from the official website.
CUSAT 2019 Application Fees
After filling the online application form, each and every applicant has to pay the application fees. After paying the application fees only, their application forms will be completed. Applicants of different category have to pay different application fees. The application fees are as follows:
|Category of applicants||Application Fee|
|Candidates from NRI category||Rs.6000|
|International Candidates/PIO/ Children of Indian Gulf Workers||US$100|
|For the entrance examinations of Ph.D and M.Phil Programmes||Rs.1000 (Rs.500 ST/ST Candidates)|
|Additional Fee paid by the Candidates who opt for Dubai as Test Centre||Rs.10000|
|For the entrance examinations of PDF,Diploma,Certificate Programmes||Rs.100 (Rs.50 ST/ST Candidates)|
CUSAT 2019 Admission Procedure
CUSAT Exam Pattern 2019
- MIP Ph.D Degree & LL.M (IPR) Ph.D Degree
- Total Number of questions: 150
- Type: Multiple Choice Questions
- Exam Pattern:
- English: 40 marks
- General Knowledge:15 marks
- General aptitude in Intellectual Property Law: 20 marks
- Analytical and reasoning capability:40 marks:
- Aptitude to do research:35 marks
- Post Graduate Programs
- Total Number of questions: 150
- Type: Multiple Choice Questions
- Exam Pattern: Candidates will choose one of the subject from the list of 16 subjects
- M. Tech Programs: Candidates have to appear in DAT- Department Admission Test.
- M. Phil: Applicants will give the Departmental Admission Test conducted by the respective department
- Ph. D: Candidates will appear in the Departmental Admission Test which will be conducted in two parts: Written Test and Interview.
- The rank of the applicants will be decided on the basis of the following weightage:
- Marks scored by the applicant in Master’s Degree – 30%
- Marks scored by the applicant in the DAT written test – 50%
- Marks obtained by the applicant in the DAT interview – 20%
- Part 1
Law related matters – 25 questions
Reasoning/Logical Thinking – 50 questions
- Part 2
General English – 50 questions
GK/Current Affairs – 25 questions
The rank of the candidates will be decided on the basis of the following criteria and weightage:
- Part 1 of CAT – 25% weightage
- Part 2 of CAT – 25% weightage
- Group Discussion – 30% weightage
- Interview – 20% weightage
Summary For Admission
|Name of Course||Eligibility criteria||Duration of Program||Selection Criteria|
|B.Tech.||10+2 or equivalent in PCM||4 Years||CUSAT CAT|
|B.Tech. Lateral||10+2 or equivalent in PCM||3 Years||LET|
|M.Sc. (Integrated)||10+2 or equivalent in PCM||5 Years||CUSAT CAT|
|Dual Degree||10+2 or equivalent in PCM||5 Years||CUSAT CAT|
|LLB||Bachelor’s Degree from a CUSAT recognized university||3 Years||CUSAT CAT|
|PG Programs||Eligibility Criteria||Duration of Program||Criteria for selection|
|M.Tech. Part Time||B.Tech./B.E./B.Sc. Engineering||3 Years||DAT|
|M.Tech.||B.Tech./B.E./B.Sc. Engineering||2 Years||DAT/GATE/JNU Entrance Exam|
|M.F.Sc.||Bachelor's Degree in Fisheries/Food Technology/ Food Science/Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Zoology||2 Years||CUSAT CAT|
|M.Sc.||Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant subject||2 Years||CUSAT CAT|
|LLM||LLB||2 Years||CUSAT CAT|
|M.A.||Bachelor's Degree from a CUSAT recognized university||2 Years||Direct Selection by the Department|
|MBA||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject||2 Years||KMAT/CMAT(AICTE)/CAT (IIM)|
|MCA||Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics/Electronics / Computer Science / Computer Applications/ Engineering/Technology||3 Years||CUSAT CAT|
|Dual Degree||Bachelor's Degree in Law/Economics/Political Science/History/Management/Science and Technology||5 Years||CUSAT CAT|
|MBA Part Time||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject||3 Years||CUSAT CAT|
|Name of Course||Eligibility Criteria||Duration of Program||Selection Criteria|
|Ph.D.||Master’s Degree in the relevant subject||Minimum 2 Years and maximum 6 Years||DAT|
|M.Phil.||Master's Degree in the relevant subject||1 Year||DAT|
Lateral Entry into the III Semester of B.Tech Programme (LET)
- The CUSAT LET 2019 is going to conduct via online process (CBT).
- Marking Scheme: The candidates will get three marks for each correct response and for the wrong answer, they will pay the penalty of one mark as one marks will be deducted.
- No of Questions: In the entrance test, there will be 200 multiple choice questions.
- 20 questions: English
- Mathematics: 50 questions
- Engineering: 40 questions
- Mechanics: 40 questions
- Engineering Graphic: 40 questions
- General Engineering: 50 questions
- The candidates will be given total 3 hours to solve all the 200 questions.
- The maximum mark of the exam will be 600.
Common Exam Pattern for Common Admission Test (CAT)
It is conducted for the admission in various course of study. Each course contains the different number of questions, subjects, etc. The examination pattern for some of the classes is given below:
- Examination Mode: CUSAT CAT will be organized via online mode only. There will be no offline exam for any admission exam.
- Number of Questions: Admission exam for each course will have different number of questions.
- Question Paper Type: The question paper will contain only multiple choice questions.
- Subjects: Each course will include different items.
- Exam Duration: The total duration of exam is 3 hours.
Marking Scheme: Candidates will get 3 marks for the correct answers. In case of wrong answers, there will be a penalty of 1 marks.
|Courses||Sections||Number of Questions|
|First Year B.Tech/Integrated M.Sc in Photonics||Mathematics||125|
|BBA. LL.B. (Hons.)/B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.)||Reasoning and Logical Thinking Ability||50|
|Law Related Matters||25|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||25|
|LL.B.||General Knowledge/Current Affairs||25|
|M Voc (Technology And Management Consulting)||Quantitative ability||30% questions|
|Current affairs in technology and business||20% questions|
|Verbal & reading comprehension||25% questions|
|Data interpretation & logical reasoning||25% questions|
CUSAT 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for admission in different courses is different. Therefore, one has to go to the website for checking the syllabus for admission test of their interested programme.
CUSAT 2019 Admit Card
The admit cards for entrance test will be available online. Therefore, the applicants who will appear for the examination will download the CUSAT admit card from the official website.
- The candidates will visit the official website and will click on the option of CUSAT admit card.
- The candidates will enter the registration ID and password.
- The admit card will appear on the screen. The candidates will save this admit card.
CUSAT 2019 Cut off
CUSAT cut off is the minimum marks to be obtained by the candidates to get admission in the desired course. The candidates who obtain CUSAT cut off or more than CUSAT cut off are consider for the admission in the respective courses in the merit order.
Here, we present last rank admitted to B. Tech Programme in the year 2017 in the Cochin University of Science and Technology.
CUSAT Cut off 2016
Here, we present closing ranks of different colleges that are affiliated to the University for Various Branches.
|Name of College||Name of Branch||Closing Rank|
|School of Engineering, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Ernakulam||Safety and Fire Engineering||1581|
|School of Engineering, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Ernakulam||Mechanical Engineering||1494|
|School of Engineering, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Ernakulam||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||2558|
|School of Engineering, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Ernakulam||Computer Science Engineering||2388|
|School of Engineering, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Ernakulam||Civil Engineering||3165|
|School of Engineering, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Ernakulam||Electronics and Communication Engineering||2893|
|Cochin University College of Engineering, Kuttanad||Mechanical Engineering||3823|
|Cochin University College of Engineering, Kuttanad||Electronics and Communication Engineering||5385|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Computer Science Engineering||5289|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Information Technology||6800|
CUSAT Result 2019
The result for the entrance test will get declare either in the last week of May or in the month of June.
CUSAT Counselling 2019
The candidates who will qualify the written entrance test will be selected for the counselling process. It will be conducted via online mode. Counselling for the admission in the different courses will be commenced in the month of July. The selected candidates will attend the counselling as per their rank.
Documents Required At The Time Of CUSAT Counselling 2019
- CUSAT admit card 2019
- CUSAT score card 2019
- Class 10th mark sheet and passing certificate
- Class 12th mark sheet and passing certificate
- Migration certificate
- Character certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Category Certificate
- 4 passport size photograph
The candidates who wish to pursue either the undergraduate courses or post graduate courses in the specific discipline have to crack the Common Admission Test conducted by the university itself. For appearing in the examination, they have to go through the registration process. After that, before the examination, they will download the admit card online only. Make sure that you note down your registration ID and password as these information will be used for downloading the admit card and result.
All the information related to the common admission test and other admission procedure, counselling will be available online only. So, keep checking the official website to stay updated for the latest news on admission in the Cochin University of Science and Technology.