Indian Navy is going to conduct a recruitment event for the post of Fireman. Interested candidates can apply online @ www.bhartiseva.com. But before doing that, they should know few important things about this recruitment event such as official notification, important dates, application form, process, fee & mode of payment, eligibility criteria, selection process, admit card, result etc.
Indian Navy Recruitment 2018 Notification and Vacancies Details
Official notification for the recruitment of civilian personnel on the post of fireman in Indian Army is already out there. To read or download it now, click here. As per official notification, there are total 95 vacancies of fireman to be filled through this recruitment event. Distribution of vacancies is given below:
|Name of the trade/post||Gen||OBC||ST||SC||Total|
|Fireman (erstwhile Fireman Gr. II & Gr. I)|
Pay as per 7th CPC, Pay Matrix – Level 2- 19,900 – 63,200
|Recruitment event name||Indian navy recruitment 2018|
|Conducted by||Indian Navy|
|Notification released on||April 2018|
|Commencement of online registration||April 23rd, 2018 (Monday)|
|Closure of online registration||May 13th, 2018 up to 23:59 (Sunday)|
|Admit card||To be announced|
|Written examination||To be announced|
|Results||To be announced|
|Apply online @||https://register.bhartiseva.com/fireman/|
Indian Navy Recruitment 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates want to apply for the post of fireman in Indian Navy should aware of eligibility conditions as per provided in official notification.
Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for the post of Fireman in Indian Navy.
Age limit & relaxation
According to official notification, applicants’ age should be in between 18 to 25 years. However, relaxation in upper age limit will be given to candidates belonging to special categories:-
|Sr. No.||Category||Age relaxation (in years)|
|1||Scheduled Tribe/Scheduled Caste||5|
|3||Other Backward Classes||3|
Interested candidates should have passed matriculation or equivalent examination from a recognized institution/board.
|Weight||50 kgs (minimum)|
|Chest (on-expansion)||85 cms|
|Chest (un-expanded)||81.5 cms|
|Height without shoes||165 cms, concession of 2.5 cms shall be provided to candidates belonging to scheduled tribes|
Indian Navy Recruitment 2018 Application Form & Process
Indian Navy recruitment 2018 application forms are available online @ www.bhartiseva.com. But before filling up of online applications, candidates are recommended to read official notification to confirm that they meet the required criteria as well as educational qualification. The process to attempt online application is given below:
- Open www.bhartiseva.com in your web browser
- On homepage, you will see few important links
- Find and click on ‘Click here for online registration’ tab; it will be available under ‘Fireman (erstwhile Fireman Gr. II & Gr. I), NAVAL DOCKYARD, MUMBAI’ main heading
- On clicking the said tab, you will see a new page having ‘Important notice’ & few ‘Guidelines for filling Online Application’
- Read everything carefully
- Now, click on the ‘New registration’ tab; it will be available on the same page
- You will see a signup page for new users
- Fill all the required details carefully such as ‘first, middle & last name’, ‘parents’ name’, ‘contact details’ etc
- Select ‘ID’ option
- Enter ID card number
- Type a password of your choice
- Re-enter password
- Click on ‘Submit’ tab
- Instantly, you will get a six-digits OTP on your mail ID
- Type the OTP and click on ‘Validate OTP’ tab
- Now, click on ‘Save & Continue’ tab
- Now, enter/select basic details such as gender, category, date of birth, correspondence & permanent address with pin code etc.
- Click on ‘Save & Continue’ tab
- Now, fill up your qualifications details
- Click on ‘Save & continue’ tab
- Upload scanned copies of your recent photo & signature
- Upload rest supportive documents (applicable for candidates who want relaxation/reservation)
- Print final submitted application form
Indian Navy Recruitment 2018 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Initially, there will be a written examination having objective type questions. Questions will be available in both English & Hindi languages (except English portion). Paper will be divided into five sections as shown below and each section will be of 20 maximum marks.
|Section no.||Section name||Indicative syllabus|
|I||General intelligence & reasoning||This section will include MCQs on arithmetical number series, analogies, space visualization, similarities & differences, discriminating observation, decision making, visual memory, non-verbal series etc.|
|II||Numerical aptitude||This section will include MCQs on fundamental arithmetical operations, averages, problems relating to number system, ratio & proportion, time & work, computation of whole numbers, time & distance, discount etc.|
|III||General English||This section will include MCQs on antonyms & synonyms, sentence structure, vocabulary, grammar etc.|
|IV||General awareness||This section will include MCQs on India’s history, geography, culture, economics, sports, constitution, scientific research etc.|
|V||General awareness on fire fighting||This section will include MCQs on knowledge of fire fighting, causes of fire, operational use of fire fighting equipments, life savings drills etc.|
Physical Endurance Test (PET)
Candidates qualified in written examination will be called to appear for Physical Endurance test. PET will include the following below given events:
- Climbing 3 metres vertical rope using feet & hand
- Clearing 2.5 metres wide ditch landing on both feet (long jump)
- Moving a man (fireman lift of 63.5 kgs to a distance of 183 metres within 96 seconds)
Indian Navy Recruitment 2018 Admit Card
Few days before the date of written test, candidates will be able to download their admit cards from bhartiseva.com/. For downloading admit card, an eligible candidate needs to login into his/her account.
Indian Navy Recruitment 2018 Date Of Examination
Very soon, shortlisted candidates will get to know the exact date, time as well as venue of written examination & PET. For further instructions, candidates are recommended to refer Indian Navy official website.
Indian Navy Recruitment 2018 Results
Final selection of candidates for the post of fireman in Indian Navy will be purely based on merit. However, exact date of result announcement is yet to be released.