LSAT stands for Law School Admission Test, a standardized test to assess the verbal reasoning and reading skills of candidates aspiring for admission to a law school. LSAT Notification will be released and registration will commence in 1st week of October 2020 and the last date to apply online is the 2nd week of May 2021.
LSAT test is designed by the Law School Admission Council based in the United States of America. The test is to help law schools in India to judge whether an applicant is suitable for admission to the law course.
The Law Schools Admission Council, shortly called as LSAC is a non-profit corporation. It offers state-of-the-art and unique services and products to make sure that the process of admission will become easier for law schools from around the world. The council has its office located in Pennsylvania, Newtown in the USA.
The establishment of the council happened in the year 1947 and the LSAT is the popular test conducted by this council and taken by a large number of students from across the world. The LSAT test is conducted in many cities in India categorized under four regions and they are North, South, West, and East.
LSAT 2021 Important Dates
If you are planning to apply to LSAT India 2021, here are some tentative dates to remember. You can check the official website for the important dates around the notification date mentioned below:
|Opening of Registration Window
|First Week of October 2020
|Closing date of registration window
|Second Week of May 2021
|Release of Admit Cards for applicants
|From second to the third week of May 2021
|Date of test
|Around 20th of May 2021
|Within the 10th of June 2021
Candidates are recommended to visit the official website of LSAT periodically to know the exact dates.
LSAT 2021 Notification
The LSAT 2021 notification will be published on the website of LSAT. However, leading newspapers publish the news about the beginning of registration. So, candidates have the option to check the official website or even they will find once the registration opens from the popular national newspapers in India.
They can expect the notification in the first week of October every year. The same holds true for those planning to apply for LSAT 2021. They can expect the notification in the first week of October 2020.
LSAT 2021 Eligibility
There is no specific eligibility requirement to be met by applicants for the LSAT India 2021. However, here are the details about the eligibility requirements for different courses specified by law schools for various courses:
For Integrated Law Courses
To apply for the integrated law courses, the applicants must have completed their higher secondary either from the CBSE or any other approved board of education. Candidates should have completed the higher secondary in any stream with at least 45% marks, which might differ from one college to another.
For UG Law Courses
For those planning to take UG Law Course on the basis of LSAT score should have completed their degree in any stream of education from a recognized university. The minimum qualifying mark in the degree course is 45%.
For PG Law Courses
For PG law courses, the applicants must have completed their UG or integrated law course from a recognized institution. The least mark required is 45% in the qualifying law degree.
LSAT 2021 Application Form
The application form for LSAT 2021 will be available online only. Candidates will have to login on the official website to apply for the LSAT test.
How to Apply? – LSAT 2021
- Candidates will have to register online at lsat.fdshive.com for LSAT 2021
- The registration will open from the first week of October 2018 tentatively
- The registration fee is Rs.3800/. Candidates can pay the fee only online through Credit/Debit Cards. For more information, candidates can also contact LSAT at firstname.lastname@example.org
- On completion of the registration, candidates will get LSAT-India registration number. This number will have to be submitted by the candidates to the colleges
- Once the registration number is obtained, candidates will have to download and will have to obtain the application form from the associated colleges
- All the applicants, completing the process of test registration should pay the test fee in a timely manner. They will also have to follow the published test rules on the site of the LSAT India
- Candidates are responsible to comprehend the eligibility needs of law schools taking admission through LSAT before they can register for the LSAT India
- If a candidate applies for the test and finds that he/she is not eligible for admission to the intended law college afterwards, there will not be any refund of the test fee
- The scores of LSAT will be transmitted to the associated colleges by the organizers of LSAT
- If the application form is not submitted by a candidate, the Law Scholl will not consider the LSAT India score.
LSAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- The LSAT India test is conducted as a pen & paper-based test in offline mode.
- The test duration is two hours and twenty minutes.
- For each section, the candidate will get 35 minutes to complete.
- One mark will be given for each correct answer and there will not be any negative mark for the LSAT test.
Here is a table to show the format:
|Number of Questions
|Around 24 Questions
|1st Logical Reasoning
|Around 24 Questions
|2nd Logical Reasoning
|Around 24 Questions
|Around 24 Questions
|Two Hours and 20 Minutes
LSAT 2021 Selection Process
The LSAT India is a separate test. Many leading law schools in India take LSAT India score for admission. Based on the LSAT Score, candidates will have to apply for the appropriate college. The college might conduct further admission rounds like GD and PI for admission. The colleges will also consider the score of candidates in the qualifying examination as well.
LSAT 2021 Syllabus
This section is for measuring the ability of the test takers in understanding the structure of relationships and to arrive at logical conclusions regarding the structure. The test takers are required to reason deductively from a set of statements and rules or that explain relationships among events, people, etc.
The purpose of this section is to evaluate the ability of the test-takers to analyze and to complete arguments after critical evaluation. In this section, the candidates will have to read and comprehend a short passage and then will have to give the right answer to the question.
In this section, the test-taker will find four sets of reading questions. Here, each section will have a selection of reading material that will be followed by around 4-9 questions. The purpose of this section is to test the reasoning and reading ability of the test takers.
Read: AILET 2021
LSAT 2021 Admit Cards
Candidates can expect the LSAT admit card to be released from the first to the third week of May 2021 for the LSAT 2021. Here, the applicants will have to download the admit card from the official website of LSAT. Candidates can enter the examination hall only when they have the official admit card as issued by the convening authority. Here is the process to download the admit card:
- The applicants will have to visit pearsonvueindia.com/lsatindia/
- If the admit card has been released, they will find the link to the admit card in this website
- When they click on this link, candidates will be prompted to provide their Email ID and Password
- Once they give the appropriate details as they got during the registration process, they can download the admit card in PDF format
- After downloading, candidates will have to take a print out of the admit card. They should carry it to the LSAT India examination
- In addition to the admit card, candidates will have to carry any of the following photo identities to the examination hall:
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
- Driving License
LSAT 2021 Results
The Law Schools Admission Council will publish the LSAT India Result 2021 in the month of June tentatively. Test takers can check the results online on the official website. Also, candidates should remember that the LSAT Scorecard can be used by them only for the law school admission session 2021. Candidates will not get the results by post or via Email. To check the results:
- Once the results are out, they will find a link called Download Result. When they click on this link, a login page will appear
- Candidates will have to use their email ID and password to login on this page
- They can download the scorecard from the resulting page
What Is The Method Of Scoring For UG & PG Law Courses?
- The scores of LSAT India 2021 will be reported on a percentile basis as usual. This percentile will be allotted to the test-takers by comparing the performance of each candidate with that of the candidates in a similar group.
- The groups include five-year integrated LLB candidates as the first group, those planning to apply for LLM as the second group, and those applying for LLB as the third group.
- Scores of each candidate will be compared with that of the scores of other candidates in the same group only and not with the candidates of other groups.
- So, the LSAT score does not tell the score actually got by a candidate. But, it will tell his/her relative strength of critical thinking as compared to the other candidates in the same pool.