WBPSC 2018 Apply Online For 957 Vacancies :
WBPSC 2018 recruitment updated information is available here. The Public Service Commission, West Bengal is ready to conduct a state level competitive test for the vacancies of Sub-Inspector (Grade-III).In order to inform aspirants about this recruitment event, the commission has already released and published an official notification on its website. Along with this, commission has also set a last date for submission of application through website which is 18thSept, 2018 upto 12-00 midnight. After this date, aspirants will not be able to submit application through online.
WBPSC 2018 recruitment will be the best opportunity for all the eligible aspirants through which they can become a member of a reputed government organization. Interested government job aspirants should apply online without waiting for the last date i.e. 18thSept, 2018. Before applying, they are needed to know few things such as date of release of official notification, no. of vacancies, eligibility criteria, scale of pay, application form & process, examination fee & mode of payment, scheme and syllabus of the examination, centres, admit card, result etc.
WBPSC 2018 Recruitment Notification and Vacancies
Few days back, the Public Service Commission, West Bengal has released an official notification against indicative advertisement no. 26 / 2018 regarding holding a competitive event for recruitment to the post of Sub-Inspector (Grade-III) in the Subordinate Food & Supplies Service which comes under Food & Supplies Department, Govt. of West Bengal.
- Download / read indicative advt. by clicking here
- Download / read complete advt. having important information by clicking here
As per official notification, total no. of vacancies is 957. Out of which, 454 vacancies will be for unreserved category candidates, 208 for SCs, 58 for STs, 98 vacancies will be for OBC (A) category candidates, 69 for OBC (B), 50 ( Unreserved- 40, SC-10) for ex-servicemen and 20 (only for Unreserved) for meritorious sportsperson.
WBPSC 2018 Overview
|Name of the examination||WBPSC 2018 Recruitment|
|Conducted by the||Public Service Commission, West Bengal|
|Category||Competitive examination for recruitment|
|Advertisement No.||26 / 2018|
|Advertisement was released on||17th Aug 2018|
|Name of the post and department||Sub-Inspector (Grade-III) under Food & Supplies Department, Govt. of West Bengal|
|No. of vacancies||957|
|Opening date for submission of online application||22nd Aug, 2018 from 11:00 a.m.|
|Closing date for submission of online application and online fees||18th Sept, 2018 (up to 12-00 midnight)|
|Closing date for submission of fees through offline||19th Sept, 2018|
|Admit card for written test shall be issued on||-|
|Written examination will be on||-|
|Written test will be held at||Several centres in Kolkata and in few other districts in West Bengal|
|Written examination result shall be announced on||-|
|Call letters for verification of testimonials and personality test shall be issued from||-|
|Verification of testimonials and personality test will be on||-|
|Personality Test will be held in the office of the||Public Service Commission, West Bengal|
|Final result announcement||-|
|Apply online @||pscwbapplication.in & www.pscwbonline.gov.in|
|Official helpline numbers|
|For queries related to offline payment||(033) 2262-4181|
|For queries related to online payment||(033) 4003-5104|
|For technical support||9123971747, 9836289994 & 9836219994|
WBPSC 2018 Eligibility Criteria
An applicant must have met the following eligibility conditions by the last date of submission of online application.
Age and Relaxations
As on 1st Jan 2018, applicant should be 18 years old but not have completed an age of 40 years. In other words, applicant should be born between 2nd Jan 1978 to 1st Jan 2000. However, concession in upper age limit will be applicable in the following cases
- If an applicant belongs to SC / ST category then upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years
- for B.C. (Non- Creamy Layer) candidates – by 3 years
- for ex-servicemen – by 3 years
Note – SC/ST/BC candidates of other States shall not applicable for concession in upper age limit. They shall be treated as general candidates.
An applicant must have passed Madhyamik Examination of the WBBSE [West Bengal Board of Secondary Education] or its equivalent. On top of that, they know how to speak, read and write Bengali language (not essential for those applicants whose first language is Nepali).
Applicant should be good in health and can easily travel to rural areas of West Bengal.
WBPSC 2018 Fee
Exemption of fee is available for SC / ST applicants of West Bengal. However, BC and other applicants of West Bengal along with SC / ST / BC applicants of other states are required to pay an amount of Rs. 110/- plus applicable service charge /GST towards examination fee.
Mode Of Payment
- Online payment through debit / credit card OR Net Banking
- Offline payment through Bank Counter
How To Apply For WBPSC 2018 ?
- Open official website of Public Service Commission, West Bengal
- Search and click on link ‘Click here to apply for various post’
- A new web page will be opened having latest advertisements / announcements; on the same web page, you will see few sections
- Search for section ‘Live Application’
- Under the same section, you will have to find and click on link ‘Recruitment to the post of Sub-Inspector in the Subordinate Food & Supplies Service, Grade-III, under Food & Supplies Department, Govt. of West Bengal,2018 (Advertisement No.26/2018)’
- Go for enrollment process by clicking on tab ‘Enroll Yourself’ (it is only for new users)
- You will get an ‘Enrollment Form’
- Fill up all the asked details in ‘Enrollment Form’
- Then click on tab ‘Sign up’
- Review all the details then click on tab ‘Confirm’
- Same time, you will receive an OTP
- Enter OTP then click on tab ‘Validate OTP’
- You will get login credentials like ‘Enrol ID’ & ‘Password’
- Use your login credentials to ‘Sign In’
- After ‘Sign In’, click on tab ‘Apply’ available against advertisement ‘Recruitment to the post of Sub-Inspector in the Subordinate Food & Supplies Service, Grade-III, under Food & Supplies Department, Govt. of West Bengal,2018 (Advertisement No.26/2018)’
- Enter your details in online application
- Upload scanned copies of your photo & signature
- Enter your qualification & details of work experience (if any)
- Submit all the details, then proceed further to make payment online
- Print your application form to use in future
WBPSC 2018 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The entire recruitment process will be completed after a written test followed by a personality test. Written test will be an objective type test. Candidates qualified in written test will be further called for verification of testimonials and Personality Test. Then later, the process of final selection will begin.
Written test will be for 100 marks whereas personality test will be for 20 marks. Written test will cover MCQs on topics on General Studies and Arithmetic. Total time duration will be 90 minutes (1 hour & 30 minutes).
- Written test will be conducted by WB PSC at several centres in Kolkata and other districts of WB. Names of few centres are – Tamluk, Purulia, Asansol, Burdwan, Chinsurah, Howrah, Krishnanagar, Cooch Behar, Jalpaiguri, Raiganj, Balurghat, Malda etc.
- Personality test will be conducted by WB PSC in its own office located in Kolkata.
Final selection of candidates will be done on a basis of final merit list to be prepared after considering marks obtained by candidates in the written and personality test. For more details regarding this, please go through official notification. The link is mentioned above.
WBPSC 2018 Admit Card
WB PSC will issue admit card for written examination and call letter for personality test through its official website. However, candidates will get to know about downloading admit card / call letter through an intimation SMS / email to be sent by WB PSC.
WBPSC 2018 Results
Results will be announced through the website of WB PSC. However, dates are still not available. So, check this page regularly to get latest updates and news.
WBPSC 2018 Salary / Scale Of Pay
Finally selected candidates will be eligible for the following scale of pay besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules.
- (PB-2) Rs.5,400/- to 25,200/- + G.P. Rs. 2,600/-
We wish you Best of Luck for WBPSC 2018 Recruitment.