IIT JAM 2019 examination notification has been released by IIT Kharagpur. IIT JAM exam will be conducted every year for admissions into M.Sc., PG science courses at IITs, IISc, IISERs and other institutes. IITs and IISc are the most premier educational institutions in India. IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology, IIS stands for Indian Institute of Sciences where as IISERs is for Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research. These institutions are well known and hold national importance. IITs, IISc, IISERs are well known for quality education in technology and science, engineering etc. At IITs and IISs, students can pursue world class courses of basic science and technology. Students can only get admission there after qualifying IIT JAM also known as Joint Admission test for M.Sc.
IIT JAM is one of the most challenging entrance tests in India after JEE also known as IIT JEE. Since 2004, IIT JAM is being conducted to take admissions in the various courses available at the IITs, IISc and other institutes. By cracking IIT JAM, students are eligible for taking admission in any of the below mentioned courses.
[Bhubaneswar, Bombay, Delhi, Dhanbad, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Patna, Roorkee, Ropar, Varanasi, Bhilai & Palakkad]
- M.Sc. (4 semesters)
- Joint M.Sc. & Ph.D.
- M.Sc.- Ph.D. Dual degree
At IISc, Bangalore
- Integrated Ph.D. Degree programmes
These postgraduate courses available at IISc and IITs provide world-class quality education in their respective areas.
IIT JAM 2019 Official Notification
IIT JAM 2019 exam is going to be conducted by IIT kharagpur. They have released the official notification containing all dates and schedules. IIT JAM 2019 exam’s related important dates are given below.
Download IIT JAM 2019 official notification / brochure by clicking here
- Starting of online registration or application form available from 5th Sep, 2018. Candidates need to register and fill application form on JAM 2019 website.
- October 10th 2019 is the last date for submitting online application form and uploading required documents on the website
- 10th October 2019 is also the last date for fee submission
- 10th February 2019 is the date of IIT JAM 2019 exam
- IIT JAM 2019 results will be announced on 20th March 2019
IIT JAM 2019 Important Dates
|Exam conducted by||IIT Kharagpur|
|Exam name||IIT JAM 2019|
|Also known as||IIT Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. 2019|
|Essential Qualification||Must have a bachelor’s degree in the respective subject applied for|
|Portal opening for online registration and application process||September 05, 2018|
|Portal closing for online registration and application process||October 10, 2018|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|IIT JAM 2019 Admit Card Download||January 04, 2019|
|IIT JAM 2019 Mock Test link will be activated from||January 10, 2019|
|Exam date||February 10, 2019 (Sunday)|
|Session I exam timing||9:00 AM TO 12:00 Noon|
|Session II exam timing||2:00 PM TO 5:00 PM|
|Exam centres||In all Indian Major cities|
|IIT JAM 2019 Results will be announced on||March 20, 2019|
|IIT JAM 2019 Rank and Merit list will be available from||April 05, 2019|
|Application form for admission will be available from||April 11 to 24, 2019|
|Declaration of First Admission List||-|
|Declaration of Second Admission List||-|
|Declaration of Third and Final Admission List||-|
|IIT JAM 2019 Official website / apply online @||http://jam.iitkgp.ac.in|
IIT JAM 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- There is no age restriction to appear in IIT JAM 2019 entrance test.
Minimum Educational Qualifications
- For M.Sc. Biotechnology– A candidate have Bachelor’s degree in any branch or subject along with Mathematics in 10+2 as a compulsory subject. This course will be offered in the following institutes- IITB, IITI, IITR
- For M.Sc. – Ph.D. dual degree course in Environmental Engineering and Science – A candidate have Bachelor’s degree in any of the following subjects- Biotechnology, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics along with Mathematics in 10+2 as a compulsory subject. This course will be available only at IIT Bombay.
- For M.Sc. Chemistry– A candidate have Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry along with Mathematics in 10+2 as a compulsory subject. This course will be available in the following institutions- IITRPR, IITISM, IITK, IITM, IITP, IITR, IITB, IITD, IITG, IITGN, IITH, IITI, IITJ, IITBHU, IITBhilai & IITPKD.
- For Joint M.Sc. – Ph.D. in Chemistry- A candidate have Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry along with Mathematics in 10+2 as a compulsory subject. This course will be available in the following institutions- IITKGP and IITBBS
- For M.Sc.- Ph.D. Dual Degree in Environmental Science and Engineering– A candidate have Bachelor’s degree in any of Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics for two years/four semesters, and any one of the other four subjects for at least one year/two semesters along with Mathematics in 10+2 as a compulsory subject.This course is available in IITB only.
- For Joint M.Sc. – Ph.D. in Atmosphere and Ocean Sciences– Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Physics and Mathematics with any one of these subjects among Computer Application, Geology, Chemistry, Computer Science and Statistics. This course is available only in IITBBS.
- For M.Sc. in Applied Geology– Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Geology for three years/six semesters and any two subjects among Chemistry, biological Science, Mathematics, and Physics along with Mathematics in 10+2 as a compulsory subject. This course is available at IITB and IITR.
- For M.Sc. in Applied Statistics and Informatics and M.Sc. – Ph.D. Dual Degree in Operations Research – Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or Mathematics for at least two years/ four semesters.Both courses are available in IITB only.Note- To know more academic programmes offered by the admitting institutes and their minimum educational qualifications for admission please go through official notification / brochure. Link to view / download or read brochure is given above.
IIT JAM 2019 Application Fee
Candidates must note down that application fee is non-refundable in any case. Female/SC/ST/PwD candidates have to pay a fee of Rs 750 for one test paper and 1050 Rs for two test papers. All other candidates need to pay a fee of Rs 1500 for one test paper and Rs 2100 for two test papers.
IIT JAM 2019 Application Form
Application forms for admissions through IIT JAM entrance test are available only at JAM 2018 web portal.
How To Apply for IIT JAM 2019 Exam?
- Only online application forms will be accepted. So, candidates are requested to apply online through JOAPS (JAM Online Application Processing System) which is available at JAM’s official website.
- Step 1- A candidate must need to register on JOAPS website by clicking here. Following details are necessary for registration- candidate’s name, valid E-mail ID and working mobile number. Once online registration is done, candidate gets unique enrolment ID along with a password.
- Step 2- Now with the enrolment ID and password, candidate need to login into his/her account at the website to apply for the examination online.
- Step 3- Now a candidate need to upload photo, sign and other documents (if applicable).
- Step 4- candidates can also check their online application status at anytime by just login into their online account with the same enrolment ID and password. Following are the application status showed on website- Under scrutiny, Received, Accepted, Rejected with valid reasons, Status after rectification, Defect status, Admit card ready for download, etc.
- Step 4- candidates can download their e-admit cards through JAM’s website
Note- all the candidates applying online should keep a hard copy of their online application form and payment receipt for future use.
List of documents needed
- Candidate’s information (Name, Age, father’s name etc) as per the 10th/12th or qualifying degree mark sheet/certificate.
- Communicative address with Area PIN code
- Scanned copies of documents in required format
- Credit/debit card/net banking details to pay online fee
IIT JAM 2019 Test Schedule
IIT JAM 2019 entrance test will be conducted in two sessions on Feb 10, 2019 (Sunday). The timing of first session is different from second. First session is also known as morning session and the timing will be from 9 am to 12 noon. II session is also known as noon session and the timing will be from 2 pm to 5 pm.
|Date of Examination||Session||Time||Test Papers and Codes|
|February 10, 2019||I||9:00 AM TO 12:00 Noon||Physics (PH)|
Biological Sciences (BL)
|II||2:00 PM TO 5:00 PM||Mathematical Statistics (MS)|
IIT JAM 2019 Exam General Information
- Candidates from any country can apply for IIT JAM 2019 entrance test. However, foreign candidates need to follow guidelines and rules outlined by the exam conducting authority.
- Applicants want to take admission in any program covered under JAM must have to sit and qualify IIT JAM 2019 exam.
- IIT JAM 2019 exam will be a CBT (computer based test or computer based entrance test). IIT JAM 2019 will be conducted on 10th Feb 2019 (Sunday).
- To apply for a particular academic course, a candidate must need to sit in the relevant entrance paper. Moreover, the candidates also satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria outlined for the respective academic course.
- Final year students can also apply for IIT JAM 2019 exam. However, at the time of counseling, they need to produce original relevant documents such as final year mark sheet, grade card, certificates etc. They need to present a proof of having cleared the qualifying exam.
- Admission to every program will be done by preparing a merit list.
- There is no age restriction for candidates appearing in IIT JEE 2019 exam.
- There will be a reservation of seats as per the laws of government of India.
IIT JAM 2019 Exam Pattern
IIT JAM 2019 question paper will be divided into three sections- A, B and C. Candidates note down that all sections are compulsory. Each section consists of different type of questions as given below:
There will be a total of 60 questions carrying 100 marks to be solved in 3 hours.
- Section A– This section contains thirty objective type questions. 10 questions are of 1 Mark each and rest twenty questions are of 2 marks each. There will be four options given for each question. Candidates need to select the right option.
- Section B– This section contains total of 10 MSQ type questions and each question carries two marks. In this section, candidates need to select more than one option if applicable. A Candidate needs to choose the answer(s) by clicking the choice(s).
- Section C– This section of question paper contains 20 NAT type questions. NAT stands for Numerical Answer Type. 10 NAT questions will be of 1 mark each and rest of the questions will be of 2 marks each.
Note- Negative marking will be applicable in ‘Section A’ only. For every incorrect answer of 2 marks questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted and similarly for every incorrect answer of 1 mark questions, 1/3 marks will be deducted. There will be no negative marking in ‘Section B’ & ‘Section-C (NAT)’ as well.
IIT JAM 2019 Syllabus
Syllabi for all the seven test papers are given below
- Syllabus for paper ‘Biological Science (BL)’ – General Biology, Basics of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biophysics, Microbiology, Cell Biology & Immunology and Mathematical Sciences. To get detailed syllabi, please click here
- Syllabus for paper ‘Biotechnology (BT)’ – Biology (10+2+3 level), Chemistry (10+2+3 level), Mathematics (10+2 level) and Physics (10+2 level). To get detailed syllabi, please click here
- Syllabus for paper ‘Chemistry (CY)’ – Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Inorganic Chemistry. To get detailed syllabi, please click here .
- Syllabus for paper ‘Geology (GG)’ – The Planet Earth, Structural Geology, Palaeontology, Stratigraphy, Mineralogy, Petrology and Economic Geology. To get detailed syllabi, please click here
- Syllabus for ‘Mathematics (MA)’ – Sequences & series of Real Numbers, Functions of One Real Variable, Functions of Two or Three Real Variables, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Vector Calculus, Group Theory, Linear Algebra and Real Analysis. To get detailed syllabi, please click here
- Syllabus for ‘Mathematical Statistics (MA)’ – Few topics of Mathematics such as Sequences & Series, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and Matrices. Few topics of Statistics like Probability, Random Variables, Standard Distributions, Testing of Hypotheses, Estimation, Limit theorems, Sampling & Joint distributions. To get detailed syllabi, please click here
- Syllabus for ‘Physics (PH)’ – Solid State Physics, Devices & Electronics, Modern Physics, Kinetic Theory & thermodynamics, Electricity & Magnetism, Oscillations, Waves & Optics, Mechanics & General Properties of Matter and Mathematical methods. To get detailed syllabi, please click here
IIT JAM 2019 Exam cities
This exam will be conducted through association of eight zones. Click here to get complete details of zones along with exam centers.
IIT JAM Old Question Papers and Mock Exam
A candidate can download old question papers/ previous years question papers from official website. Click here to download old question papers.
A candidate can also attend mock exam from January 10, 2019 till examination date.
IIT JAM 2019 Admit Card
JAM 2019 entrance test admit cards will be available on the official website from Jan 4, 2019 till the exam date. All the candidates are requested to download and print their admit card by logging into their account. A candidate need to bring a hard copy of his/her admit card along with a valid photo ID proof to the examination venue/center.
IIT JAM 2019 Results, Rank and Merit List
Final result will be announced on 20th March 2019 (Wednesday) by the exam conducting authorities on JAM web portal. All the candidates are requested to check JAM website to get results of IIT JAM 2019 Entrance test.
Rank and merit list will be available on / from April 05, 2019 at this page
IIT JAM 2019 Cut Off
All the admission to M.Sc. courses will be done on the basis of final cut off. To know the exact cut off percentile, candidates have to wait until final result declaration.
IIT JAM 2019 Admitting & Results Sharing Institutes
|Admitting Institute||Results sharing Institutes|
|Centralized Counselling for M.Sc. / M.Sc. (Tech) for NITs (CCMN) Institutes||IISER Institutes|
|IIT Bhubaneswar||SLIET Punjab||IISER Tirupati|
|IIT Bombay||IIEST Shibpur||IISER Bhopal|
|IIT Delhi||NIT Warangal||IISER Pune|
|IIT Gandhinagar||NIT Srinagar, J&K||-|
|IIT Guwahati||NIT Silchar||-|
|IIT Hyderabad||NIT Rourkela||-|
|IIT Indore||VNIT Nagpur||-|
|IIT Jodhpur||NIT Nagaland||-|
|IIT Kanpur||NIT Manipur||-|
|IIT Kharagpur||NIT Jamshedpur||-|
|IIT Madras||NIT Jalandhar||-|
|IIT Patna||MNIT Jaipur||-|
|IIT Roorkee||NIT Durgapur||-|
|IIT Ropar||NIT Calicut||-|
|IIT Varanasi||NIT Arunachal Pradesh||-|
|IIT Bhilai||MNNIT Allahabad||-|
|IIT Dhanbad||NIT Agartala||-|
We wish you Best of Luck for your IIT JAM 2019 exam.